• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Yes. I get tons of FPS drops in the menus.
Yes, and also extremely uneven framepacing. I had to cap my FPS at 110 (VRR monitor) simply because performance ranges from 120-130, and frametime stutter happens like mad at that point, even if my framerate is high.

Ah ok. Glad it's not just me. Hopefully they can fix this. It didn't happen as often before the recent match. Since the new patch, it happens after every match. I don't even see my rank meter go up because by the time the fps gets back up, it's on the season meter.

Again, little thing, but I wanna see my meters go up lol. It feels like getting a frame drop in VR haha. When it happens, you're just like "ugh, this doesn't feel right at all."

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
Yup, every damn lobby I get is people with high sensitivity and M4s. Just tone the damn sbmm down, protect the new player sure but don't abuse the people who've been playing for awhile. I get on Blops4 and put it work and I've only just started playing the game a week or two ago.

I might reinstall BO4 and give it a second chance. I dropped it around month 5 and went back to BO3.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Every cod release truly feels the same. Between the not giving information about things until they release where consumers get angry about how horrible it is AND the delayed responses by the developers on important stuff in the game...

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Just above someone said they got a tier after 3 matches, so how do you progress it? Time played? XP? Bonuses if you win a match maybe? Because I thought the general consensus was it's purely time played.
I believe it is. Ace said he played a little over an hour and got about half way through a tier.

Does buying the premium battle pass make you progress faster? That's the only factor I can think of assuming challenges don't count.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I believe it is. Ace said he played a little over an hour and got about half way through a tier.

Does buying the premium battle pass make you progress faster? That's the only factor I can think of assuming challenges don't count.
Has to or it's simply bugged, 1 person getting a tier in 3 matches (half an hour or so) while another gets half a tier in an hour is a huge difference.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'm with ace on how long it takes to get a tier, took me around the same time, give or take, to do it.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we need to figure out this tier thing. 200 hours for all the tiers is insane. I know fortnite would give you xp bonuses as you progressed so they would get quicker. If I have to pay 10 bucks and then play 200 hours you can go fuck yourself IW.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
i hope they drop the night vision maps forever
I kinda like it as a change of pace. Throwing an NVG optic on my guns and doubling up on smokes, then switching between NV on for IR laser aiming and NV off for sneaky NVG optic ambushes is really fun.
Yeah we need to figure out this tier thing. 200 hours for all the tiers is insane. I know fortnite would give you xp bonuses as you progressed so they would get quicker. If I have to pay 10 bucks and then play 200 hours you can go fuck yourself IW.
Fortnite also gives players 52000XP per weekly challenge, and each week comes with eight challenges. You can effectively get eight tiers a week based on challenges alone, which is why so many players have the pass maxed out already.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Prestige is Key firmly believes the battle pass is based on time played.

-A ~34 min match of Survival got him through an entire tier.
-A trials match that netted him 20k XP only got him a tiny amount through a tier.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I can never play this game. Between the update yesterday and today adn the dumb copying bullshit on the ps4. I'm over it

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I can never play this game. Between the update yesterday and today adn the dumb copying bullshit on the ps4. I'm over it
Seriously - really frustrating experience over the past couple of days. Just picked it up at the end of the Black Friday PSN sale on Monday. Barely got to touch it last night due to the update and thought tonight I might finally be able to dedicate some time to playing. Tried playing after supper but the download started. Put the PS4 to sleep thinking I could play after doing some errands since at least the download size was smaller than yesterday, but nope, just booted it up to a slow "copying update file" progress bar that's moving at less than 1% per minute.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017

I'm at 22gb of 74gb total... it was doing the whole update last night, but fuck knows what happened because my son tried to start it up after school and it went to the 1.11 update, but my version says 1.0.. so the 1.10 didn't take for whatever reason.. so... guess I wait some more.

No goddamned reason I should have 80gb of downloads for a physical release.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the night maps. A little change of pace.

Overall, enjoying the season so far. Between the new missions, battle pass and new officer ranks, I have motivation to keep playing compared to the first month of release.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Xclusive Ace said in his recent video that it will take about 200 hours to complete the battle pass.

That's absolutely insane because that's three and a half hours a day you have to play on average.

Getting this stuff for "free" is nothing more than a carrot dangling on a stick.

I know there are a ton of people to have no responsibilities that can sit there and play for 18 hours a day but what about the people that have work and responsibilities? It's impossible to reach tier 100.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
That's absolutely insane because that's three and a half hours a day you have to play on average.

Getting this stuff for "free" is nothing more than a carrot dangling on a stick.

I know there are a ton of people to have no responsibilities that can sit there and play for 18 hours a day but what about the people that have work and responsibilities? It's impossible to reach tier 100.
You're not supposed to be able to finish a Battle Pass without no-lifing or paying.
That's the entire point of this model.

Battle Passes are literally created by looking at daily session data and then balancing it such that it requires the average player to play way more than that.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

I posted above but Prestige says it's based on match time. Took about 34 minutes of survival to get a tiers worth of progress for him.

If that's true, then I don't understand why Ace only got half a tier for an hour of playtime. Even accounting for lobby time he should have more than half a tier.

Then you got some in the community saying it's too slow and others saying it's not. Not sure what's going on.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
You're not supposed to be able to finish a Battle Pass without no-lifing or paying.

Battle Passes are literally created by looking at daily session data and then balancing it such that it requires the average player to play way more than that.

That makes sense. This is my first time dealing with battle passes so I know next to nothing about them.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not according to DICE. Their battlepass started the first week of November and goes to the last week of January, has weekly challenges that give you huge XP boosts, and gives you any weapons you miss for free two weeks after it ends.

I'm like 10 tiers away from being done with the Pacific Season "battlepass" and there is over a month and a half left, and I've very much not no-lifed it.

Its crazy to me that an EA game is actually doing it right.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
That makes sense. This is my first time dealing with battle passes so I know next to nothing about them.
They're exploitative. IMO way more exploitative than loot boxes, but players seem to love them because of the high value proposition.
They use a few psychological tricks to fuck with you:
  1. The high value proposition if you complete them, plus the relatively low entry price, compels high conversion rate.
  2. Because they're stretched over a long period of time, and humans are bad at judging big numbers, the completability of battle passes isn't called into question until it nears the end.
  3. By that point, because you've already invested money into the feature, you fall victim to sunk cost fallacy and spend to buy tiers.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

and that's why I'm done buying games like this

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Not according to DICE. Their battlepass started the first week of November and goes to the last week of January, has weekly challenges that give you huge XP boosts, and gives you any weapons you miss for free two weeks after it ends.

I'm like 10 tiers away from being done with the Pacific Season "battlepass" and there is over a month and a half left, and I've very much not no-lifed it.

Its crazy to me that an EA game is actually doing it right.

grand Prix in CTR is Easy to complete too. I have so much work to do and barely play and I completed it.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Some one of my XBL friends sister joined and let's just say she helped the team out but holy shit the other teams were bad.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
So they pushed out a patch today and still, Crash is busted and lagging people out of matches? Literally unplayable at this point.

EDIT: It's literally all maps and modes. What's the deal?!

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, gave it another shot. I absolutely despise this game when its not Shoothouse 24/7.

That wasn't a great map but its size and flow made people move and allowed for a much wider assortment of weapons instead of just M4s out the ass.

Unless they bring that playlist back I'm done, don't even care about getting these new guns anymore, won't really matter so long as the M4 is still OP.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
the battle pass is such a crazy grind.
like really really nuts.

Do dailies/ribbon challenges coutnt towards it? or is it separate xp?

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to see recent match scoreboards/summaries? I've only found the option to see the most recent match after going back to the lobby. I downloaded the phone app, but it only gives your stats in recent matches, as opposed to the full scoreboard summary. The My Call of Duty site doesn't load at all.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
i must know, how did you get that?
It is one of the paid weapon blueprint packages. I liked a lot of the blueprints and skins, so since you can cycle through them by buying that is how I got it. You probably don't want to know how much I spent. I'm one of those losers.

Best gun. What attachments do you roll with it?
TBH I haven't played it much in retail, in the beta I fully leveled it and loved it with the long range counter sniper setup. Now that I have a look I enjoy I'm going to spend some time with it to make the counter sniper but also a run and gun variant as I've been slapped by it too many times.

Is there a way to see recent match scoreboards/summaries? I've only found the option to see the most recent match after going back to the lobby. I downloaded the phone app, but it only gives your stats in recent matches, as opposed to the full scoreboard summary. The My Call of Duty site doesn't load at all.
Go here and search for your account, this is mine which I suck: https://www.codstats.net/profile/pc/chapel#1759/matches