• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get all the components to make the G36. Only shitty thing is that there isn't a 50 round mag, with it being limited to 30 or 100.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
jw6kF41.gif
I can't believe they haven't changed it to time stopping outside of matches. That's so fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL the daily store refresh only kicks a single item out at the time unless you buy them up.
So featured will last 1 week while daily refresh items might be in the shop for 5 days...

who designed this crap?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
This battle pass thing is confusing, so I gotta buy that just to be able to grind (which I don't got time for) towards new weapons for 60days or whatever? How is this not selling weapons which I thought this shit wasn't supposed to have?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
This battle pass thing is confusing, so I gotta buy that just to be able to grind (which I don't got time for) towards new weapons for 60days or whatever? How is this not selling weapons which I thought this shit wasn't supposed to have?
No. The weapons are free but you'll still need to grind.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
It's 15 hours for the first one and 30 hours for the second one.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, most items in the battlepass are not actually free? Was this known before today? I think even the battlepass Blops 4 was at least free.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing these side-by-side really highlights how completely unreadable this game is.
I turned most of my graphics options down on PC and still can't see shit on this map.
It strikes me as particularly bad art direction, on-par with Ghosts. It's graphically impressive, but it's also full of visual clutter and noise that distracts the player from the actual map. What's a playable environment versus decoration? MW's map designers seem to struggle to emphasize that in their level design. Piccadilly will be remembered with the same fondness of Downturn from MW3.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So, most items in the battlepass are not actually free? Was this known before today? I think even the battlepass Blops 4 was at least free.

BO4 battle pass was free but the DLC for the game wasn't. Since the DLC for this is free, now the BP has a paid option.

At least this one gives you enough CoD points to buy the next BP.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you seriously not play the new spec ops maps in private match?

I don't have any interest in playing those missions with 3 other randoms. If I wanted that, I would just play the operations.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
You could jump back to old CoDs and still find matches pretty quick in TDM.

I mean imagine playing this game years later and finding matches in TDM takes longer than searching for games in "Hide and Seek"..... i mean "Search and Destroy" .
I'm certainly not worried about not finding TDM matches years from now.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Overgrown would be insufferable in this game.

You can tell, the base operators don't have much variety, especially the Allegiance, but the ones coming are way more varied.

For sure.
Far more variety in the new operators. .. base game designs look like an afterthought.. or.. intended to look so boring we spend!
Every base operator looks generic.

I guarantee you
Ghost, Farah and at least Lynch will be direct purchase Operators

:/ I bet!

Oct 25, 2017
Games over a month old but still only 5 custom class slots.

They made damn sure the season pass and store worked perfectly day one tho

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Games over a month old but still only 5 custom class slots.

They made damn sure the season pass and store worked perfectly day one tho

This is just me since there are some things I simply don't use but allowing you to edit your classes mid game has made more custom slots less important. I do wish they'd at least give you a custom class per every gun class though.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't even know why I play this fucking game, it's not fun. I hate it everytime I waste my time on it.

I should just uninstall it and move the hell on.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
All that stuff 'hidden' in the shop is actually insane!

Sorry to moan again, but all that effort gone into each pack and their contents, whilst the main game feel lacking.

All those rumoured maps are ready to go, all on the back burner, just waiting...

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
One level of pass for 3 HC Team Deathmatch. Seems less grindy than I expected. Or maybe the XP required ramps up?

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Hey PC players. Do any of you experience a drop in fps during the rank progression screens right after a match? Mine drops to single digits for a few seconds. It's a little thing, but quite annoying. This has been going on ever since I got the game, but I haven't been able to find a single post anywhere about someone else experiencing this problem.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Hey PC players. Do any of you experience a drop in fps during the rank progression screens right after a match? Mine drops to single digits for a few seconds. It's a little thing, but quite annoying. This has been going on ever since I got the game, but I haven't been able to find a single post anywhere about someone else experiencing this problem.
Yes. I get tons of FPS drops in the menus.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Saying this breaks my heart but there are some god-tier cosmetic stuff in MW's new item shop. Black Ops 4's cosmetic items were f2p quality and their business model was extremely shady, WWII and MWR had some cool stuff but there was no direct purchase if MW fixes some of the critical issues I might spend couple of bucks to get myself some cool looking M13, Kilo or MP5 skins.
callofdutymodernwarfakbkbs.png

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Saying this breaks my heart but there are some god-tier cosmetic stuff in MW's new item shop. Black Ops 4's cosmetic items were f2p quality and their business model was extremely shady, WWII and MWR had some cool stuff but there was no direct purchase if MW fixes some of the critical issues I might spend couple of bucks to get myself some cool looking M13, Kilo or MP5 skins.

You ain't seen nothing yet...

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and also extremely uneven framepacing. I had to cap my FPS at 110 (VRR monitor) simply because performance ranges from 120-130, and frametime stutter happens like mad at that point, even if my framerate is high.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of matches on Crash. It's pretty dope. Though I do hope that they will focus more on original maps. Even though Crash plays fine, you can tell it's not tailored to the new MP gameplay. Making it feel a bit claustrophobic at times. And a bit 'aimless' for lack of a better term.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

Nice.

I'm definitely in the same boat. I've seen some nice blueprints and I'll most likely buy some.

Before buying the Battle Pass, I had 3100 COD points and that's from BO4 I believe. Bought one of the special editions, which I bought on 2 systems LOL. Blackout really hyped me up so I said fuck it.

With 2100 left after the pass, I'll pick something up for sure. Just don't know what.

Going to be smarter with the Officer Ranks and start them ASAP. Pains me that I was only 8 challenges away last season from finishing them off.