• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The fact that they removed that one metal fence, changing nothing but adding an extremely powerful headglitch which looks straight into the enemy spawn and a high traffic area just shows you how fucking dumb these level designers are. It actually intrigues me how people who do this for a living can make such insanely dumb decisions.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Infinity Ward seriously raise the amount of XP needed to level up because people complained about hitting max level too fast? This fucking community.

That's not even getting into battle pass levels which don't really have any logic to them, are they based on gameplay time instead of experience?

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Ahhhh Crash just gives me that good fuzzy feeling, even when I suck. It's just nice to go back to that map after all these years, makes me tear up lol
Also, so surprised that Cargo is actually a different map than the one we expected. (love that it's basically one section of the ship from wet work)

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Really, people are camping the same spots in Crash that they did in COD4, as I was playing I was reminded "oh yeah, check there...and there...and there..."

It's a tough map to see enemies in, there's a lot of angles same as in COD4, but damn it's good!

What are the chances of a Christmas themed Crash? Did it happen with the remaster?

Also, what do you even get from levelling up (not the battle pass but just regular levels)? I'm not bothered that it resets tbh, it'll show who has been playing the game more recently...whereas before you could be level 155 and you haven't played for 8 months. Only thing is you won't know when it resets, but that will only last for a short while each time.

This is going to be a good year for COD! Can't wait for all the maps. Crash made my day after testing out Halo Reach's multiplayer...hot damn.

Looking forward to getting the G36 too.

And still 5 custom class slots.

Lmao.

This does bug me though, hope they add more soon. It's pretty much only 4 loadouts since you need an anti-killstreak loadout that has a single purpose.

And maybe turn down footsteps a tiny bit - about 15 to 20%.

Last edited:

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Where is Nikto? (The new operator. I cant find the guy)

BTW, G36/Holger-26 is a great weapon. :)

EK5U8kdXkAAY9HW
The only reason I was going to level up my tiers this season was if the Holger could be turned into the G36. Thanks for confirming it.

EDIT: And it's nice to see that - unlock a lot off the 'secret' weapons in the game, the G36 attachments seem to be unlocked relatively early on.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You know, in thinking back on this whole 5 custom class slots situation, I'm pretty sure that Ghosts had at least 50 custom class slots right off the bat because of the way they did ranks in that game. Might have even been 100!

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
all i know is they need to penalize jumping and vaulting with sever inaccuracy. the mother fuckers jumping around spraying people dead on is so freaking dumb.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

This was a dev from Respawn entertainment talking about SBMM in Apex. Thought this tweet was topical for the thread.

I really hope SBMM is not the future of MP games.

Jun 1, 2019

This was a dev from Respawn entertainment talking about SBMM in Apex. Thought this tweet was topical for the thread.

I really hope SBMM is not the future of MP games.

I was under the impression that SBMM was already in most shooters, albeit a loose form of it. But what he's saying makes sense, things like SBMM, lowering the skill gap, introducing "safe spaces" etc, helps way more people than it hurts, and there's no way to prove whether the people who are complaining about these things online are just the vocal minority or not.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So how grindy is the battle pass ? I tend to play every 2-4 hours every other day or so. So I was wondering if it's worth getting with my current playtime?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
You know, in thinking back on this whole 5 custom class slots situation, I'm pretty sure that Ghosts had at least 50 custom class slots right off the bat because of the way they did ranks in that game. Might have even been 100!
Kind of. In Ghosts, instead of prestige the traditional way, each "prestige" was an entirely separate character, with unique loadouts and such. When you hit max rank on one character, you'd unlock the next, with camo progress and permanent unlocks transferring from character to character, but with challenge progress being unique on each one. If you wanted to use your maxed out character, you could simply opt to play as them instead of your most recently-unlocked character, though you wouldn't make much progress beyond camo challenges that way.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the really special outfits are going to be weekly shop items while the 3rd uniform variant will be daily.
So Warpaint Charly, South Korean Domino
qop7Y7w.jpg

will probably be weekly while the other Sarah Connor Domino
nDsAm5l.jpg

will probably be daily soon.

So how grindy is the battle pass ? I tend to play every 2-4 hours every other day or so. So I was wondering if it's worth getting with my current playtime?
I played like 1 hour and 20minutes tonight and went up 1.5 tiers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Reinforce is so bad you just cap the point 95% and if your team dies you cap it and respawn lmao did they think about this at all?

Oct 25, 2017
Crash had to be the worst map choice Infinity Ward could have possibly picked to push this game.
Every shitty design decision they made in this game is on full display on that map.
Even mounting which I don't have major issues with elsewhere absolutely destroys that map.

This shit is so bad I don't even blame Joe Cecot exclusively, Infinity Ward royally screwed this up together.
Also how in the absolute hell do you make worse freaking spawns on the same map in a new game 12 years later.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
All will be forgiven if we get Christmas Crash.

All will be forgiven if we get:

Proper leaderboards
Relaxed SBMM or Ranked
Perk Rebalancing
Fixed Minimap

With the following maps:

Sub base
District
Invasion
Backlot
Favela
Fallen
Broadcast
Overgrown
Pipeline
Departed
Trailer Park
Piazza
Dynasty
Seatown

And:

Stonehaven :) I like that map

Seriously though, I'm probably at some point just going to go back and play some other COD's (had a little blast on WW2 whilst this was updating last night) when I get frustrated with this.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Picked this back up after maybe three weeks to try the new season. Something must have reset my SBMM elo or whatever because my first handful of matches were awesome. Felt like classic CoD for a minute there, similar to launch day. I was running and gunning with my mp5. Able to move. Able to turn on some players. First game back, rolled through my harrier, chop gun and gunship. Averaged ~2k/d for the first maybe three games, then went right back into the dumpster fire of camping m4s.

By the end of tonight's three hour session, I got to BP level three or some nonsense and am once again done with this game. There have been enough good bits and articles out there about SBMM so I won't rehash here, but it along with the level design have caused me to leave a cod faster than any before. I'll be back for battle royale to check that out, but multi is dead for me at this point.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even hate this game until playing Crash,

Not had the chance yet, but what makes it worse, the way it plays or the changes?

There's lots of negativity towards the progression speed of the battlepass about, I think I'm going to hold off buying it until I see where I am in a week or so. But I imagine IW will 'address the issues' somehow with the daily skip or periodical boosts, that they don't already have planned /s

Last edited:

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Great reddit post breaking down the changes and their downsides here: Reddit Crash

Missed that from my quick check this morning. Thanks.

So far, so good (or bad) the fact of removing the fence looking down from the 3 story, such a little thing that will make a massive difference. Don't mind the new bits added to be fair.

Funny to think the guy who made it would be the person to change it.

Oh, just got to the lowered wall bit as well. Doh. Hope I don't mind the changes when I play it.

Oct 25, 2017
Not had the chance yet, but what makes it worse, the way it plays or the changes?
People sitting in every room with claymores and shotguns not moving at all,
Mounting positions everywhere so people get in the old power positions(blue house windows, destroyed sniper house by A flag) but mount and have zero recoil
Spawns so bad it will literally spawn you out directly in the open middle by the helicopter so you get destroyed from 50 directions before moving(something I never saw in COD4 or MWR) you can even spawn out in the middle of the back alleyway(not even in the cubby areas) so snipers at the top or bottom have a field day.
even played a Domination on it where they had A & B we had C with no enemy near it and it kept spawning us in the new courtyard directly between A&B

Like claymores wouldn't even be that bad but they put freaking doors all over the damn map and almost every single one gets claymores set behind it.

Literally one my top 3 maps in a shooter and i just despise it so far in this game.

Last edited:

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Sbmm apparently is not working right as I keep getting matched up with people who are way better than me. I'm flattered the game thinks I'm on their level though.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People sitting in every room with claymores and shotguns not moving at all,
Mounting positions everywhere so people get in the old power positions(blue house windows, destroyed sniper house by A flag) but mount and have zero recoil
Spawns so bad it will literally spawn you out directly in the open middle by the helicopter so you get destroyed from 50 directions before moving(something I never saw in COD4 or MWR) you can even spawn out in the middle of the back alleyway(not even in the cubby areas) so snipers at the top or bottom have a field day.
even played a Domination on it where they had A & B we had C with no enemy near it and it kept spawning us in the new courtyard directly between A&B

Like claymores wouldn't even be that bad but they put freaking doors all over the damn map and almost every single one gets claymores set behind it.

Literally one my top 3 maps in a shooter and i just despise it so far in this game.

The spawns need to get fixed. It's insane how terrible they are.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017

Think I'm getting positive vibes!! hha. Crash is one of my faves as well to be fair. Though that stems back to the original COD4 Beta. Spawning by the chopper is just plain silly though.

Going by my quick calculations, I guess we can expect our next map in the next 3 weeks at the most.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone help me out here. So, the emblems that I unlocked in the Officer progression during the first season are available to put next to my calling card? Is that the idea? If so, I wonder why I only have 4 to choose from when I unlocked 7 emblems?

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
4 games, 4 straight disconnects as my team is about to win. It happened twice when throwing a smoke grenade and the other two times I fell into the map and disconnected.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the few games I played of crash, some people on mic were saying avoid approaching the 3 storey building from the car wreck.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that SBMM was already in most shooters, albeit a loose form of it. But what he's saying makes sense, things like SBMM, lowering the skill gap, introducing "safe spaces" etc, helps way more people than it hurts, and there's no way to prove whether the people who are complaining about these things online are just the vocal minority or not.

Most games do. But the best way to describe what MW is doing is that it's taking a SBMM that is normally reserved for Ranked Play and instead using it for it's Casual playlists. Siege does this well by having a different SBMM for it's Ranked and Casual with the former being strict and the latter being far more loose.

But someone, seemingly Joe Cecot, thought it would be good to have a Strict SBMM for it's Casual modes. Which is why often times matches feel like your going up against people who are trying to go professional.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this battlepass bullshit has killed the last tiny speck of desire I had to play this game. I can't see any way I'd have enough time to make it to tier 31 for both weapons and I refuse to pay a cent. I'd rather not play the game than have weapons I can never use sit there because IW put them behind a functional paywall, not when DICE is doing this shit so much better.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this battlepass bullshit has killed the last tiny speck of desire I had to play this game. I can't see any way I'd have enough time to make it to tier 31 for both weapons and I refuse to pay a cent. I'd rather not play the game than have weapons I can never use sit there because IW put them behind a functional paywall, not when DICE is doing this shit so much better.

Tier 31 isn't that high...