• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did they buff riot shields? The freaking things can block rocket launchers as it is. I read that it takes an hour per tier which to me is a while. With only sixty days and 100 tiers you're talking nearly an hour and a half of playtime every day.
I don't know either. This is the developer that accidentally buff the 725 instead of nerfing it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, it's not like I wasn't expecting it, but I'm sad to see the Shoot House 24/7 playlist go. I gave Crash a quick try and hated it - I never liked it to begin with - so I guess that's it for me. I'll probably check the new GW map out tomorrow, but unfortunately I can't see myself playing this game much anymore, if at all. I'll keep it installed for now in case Shipment or some other nutso map gets a 24/7 playlist soon, though, might pull me back.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I don't know either. This is the developer that accidentally buff the 725 instead of nerfing it.
It is rather nerfed now. Nerfed that much that there is barely any reason to play this over the R0-9. Unless you are walking around while ADS, this thing sucks in CQC.

How the hell did they buff riot shields?
I don't get the enragement about Riot shields. Sure, it blocks a lot of explosive damage but that is the only good thing about it. The first point in the patch notes does not give away wether it is a buff or a nerf talking about "tuning, how it protects against grenades threwn in front of the feet".

There are ways to counter a Riot shield where the player behind it cannot do anything about it: First and foremost Molotovs, they always get me, Thermite, stuck Semtex, jumping which is rather effective as well. Also you can usually get them from the sides when they move. Gas grenades are useful as well.

Instead they should fix the annoying bug that you are stuck looking into the sky when punching with the Shield two quick times in a row, because that always get you killed, when you try to actually play with the shield.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell did they buff riot shields? The freaking things can block rocket launchers as it is. I read that it takes an hour per tier which to me is a while. With only sixty days and 100 tiers you're talking nearly an hour and a half of playtime every day.

I do believe they said it's tied to exp and the 1 hour thing is just a rough estimate.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Is reddit just whiney or did they actually screw up crash?
You cannot fix a broken game and player base just with an old map. The one game of Kill Confirmed I played was extremely slow and we barely completed it within the time limit.

Regarding the map, I did not notice anything particularly different about it. But I was no seasoned CoD4 player

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is reddit just whiney or did they actually screw up crash?
Haven't tested things such as spawns myself but I know they removed a metal fence in the map which now allows you to look right into the enemy spawn while on a headlglitch
Rnx5Huc.png

The original has that line of sight blocked with a metal fence. And going by spawns on other maps it wouldn't surprise me if Crash also has trash spawns, especially considering it's on the smaller side of things compared to many of the maps the game shipped with.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Apparently all Operators are now unlocked for use even if you didn't meet their original requirements, like finishing Spec Ops missions? Can someone confirm?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tested things such as spawns myself but I know they removed a metal fence in the map which now allows you to look right into the enemy spawn while on a headlglitch
Rnx5Huc.png

The original has that line of sight blocked with a metal fence. And going by spawns on other maps it wouldn't surprise me if Crash also has trash spawns, especially considering it's on the smaller side of things compared to many of the maps the game shipped with.

...But why? It feels like IW is just fucking with people at this point. Like straight up vindictive shit.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
My entire team told me to shut up for making callouts, as if the point of domination isn't to play the objective and notify your team of where to be to succeed. Gotta love this community. Realism Domination is just TDM, y'know? No need for a HUD, just wander around and get shot in the back.

In other news, this update took Crash, a classic map that I was sure would be supremely fun to play (unlike many of this game's frustratingly bad 6v6 maps), and it turns out the new sightlines completely ruin it.

Oct 29, 2017
Om Crash, I've spawned in the same place around 10 times in a row, eight he enemy in the same damn place, right across from me. Like are the develoepre this fucking incompetent? The next time I spawned in front of a door, and !, enemy was waiting for me right outside! What the fuck!

Uhhhhh where did my ranks go? I wa level 145 now I'm at 55? WHAT

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Om Crash, I've spawned in the same place around 10 times in a row, eight he enemy in the same damn place, right across from me. Like are the develoepre this fucking incompetent? The next time I spawned in front of a door, and !, enemy was waiting for me right outside! What the fuck!

Uhhhhh where did my ranks go? I wa level 145 now I'm at 55? WHAT
It a new season. So a new set of ranks from 56 up to 155 now.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are Ranks busted for anyone else? I kept going from 57-60 over and over. Kept resetting to 57.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
If I buy the season pass down the line after leveling up the free version, do I get all the paid unlocked tier? I want to see if I can play enough to unlock at least half the season before putting the 10€ in it.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If I buy the season pass down the line after leveling up the free version, do I get all the paid unlocked tier? I want to see if I can play enough to unlock at least half the season before putting the 10€ in it.
Yes, you can level up your Pass and decide later if you want to pay for it or not

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
no matter the update, with sbmm still in, games will feel exhausting to play

cant believe so many devs are pushing this. Even apex has it now and fortnite

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta help the people who can only get a kill while pre-aiming a headglitch like that! There's also a new play space on the other side of the map which naturally also comes with a headglitch
qAoIge6.png
Why the fuck cant they make these spots waist high

is this spot that bad though? I feel it balances out the opposite headglitch spot where the person is aiming

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
So just unlocked the first tier and it took me about 4 matches so i need to play 30×4 = 120 matches just unlock all the stuff I care about.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Could headglitching be solved by a more realistic relationship between the camera, the origin of the bullets, and the model? If anything, mounting should prevent actual headglitching by forcing the character model and weapon to align itself with the cover. It's just traditional cover at that point.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's extremely disappointing that the patch didnt change much, and it's clear from the lack of communication that this is all working as intended.

No perk changes, no scorestreaks as default or a pointman buff that makes it worth a damn, no nerf to Overkill or Ghost, no countermeasures for claymores (buff EOD speed, increase cooldown when using Restock or flat out limit Claymores to 1 if running shrapnel, allow Spotter to delay Claymores... any of these would be so useful), no word on the many bad angles in this game where the enemy can see you but you cant see them, no toning down SBMM...

They just ... wont fucking talk. a GAAS model where devs do this is unheard of

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Could headglitching be solved by a more realistic relationship between the camera, the origin of the bullets, and the model? If anything, mounting should prevent actual headglitching by forcing the character model and weapon to align itself with the cover. It's just traditional cover at that point.
Yes, games like PUBG and R6 feature proper alignment. But those games aren't as tactical as MW

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Do the ranks past 56 unlock linearly? I made it to like 70 something and I feel like I was ranking up sometimes 2 levels a match with double xp.

I know with the fortnite passes they gave xp bonuses as unlocks. I wasn't sure if they went that route. I hope it's not a huge time sink to get to 100.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know why they couldnt do the Battlefield/PUBG method. I get it can be confusing, but I never once felt frustrated or upset if my gun was hitting the wall in that game, and I feel it becomes second nature to get used to the model where bullets actually come from guns.
Yes, games like PUBG and R6 feature proper alignment. But those games aren't as tactical as MW
I thought Siege moved the camera closer to the neck

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I dont know why they couldnt do the Battlefield/PUBG method. I get it can be confusing, but I never once felt frustrated or upset if my gun was hitting the wall in that game, and I feel it becomes second nature to get used to the model where bullets actually come from guns.

You're probs right

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
A
Do the ranks past 56 unlock linearly? I made it to like 70 something and I feel like I was ranking up sometimes 2 levels a match with double xp.

I know with the fortnite passes they gave xp bonuses as unlocks. I wasn't sure if they went that route. I hope it's not a huge time sink to get to 100.
I think so. Beacuse get to 56 was a chore but for some reason i only played one game after that and it shot up to half a bar on to get to 57.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Feels like they learnt nothing from the level rate fiasco of Black Ops 4's first Battle Pass. This thing is a horrible grind that most folks will have no chance of finishing within 61 days.

Fully expect the community to be pretty vocal about this within 24 hours.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's around the base of the neck/upper chest, yeah. When I aim a rifle in real life, that's around the elevation of the stock when I press it to my shoulder.
They just ... wont fucking talk. a GAAS model where devs do this is unheard of
Maybe "unheard of" is a poor choice of words in regards to a dev team that "won't fucking talk". Teasing aside, it's not entirely unheard of, it's just that the games that have poor community management (but rely on a community to sustain themselves) just tend to die.
At least BO4 had a daily tier skip.
If you'll recall, BO4 at launch took around an hour to rank up the pass. People rightfully complained that 200 hours of their life was far too much to ask, and so the Daily Skip was added. Given the season at that point lasted around 80-90 days, that meant folks were able to play around an hour a day and get most of the 200 tiers (provided they played on double tier weekends).

Oct 28, 2017
I was beginning to think I was getting half decent at this, just had a couple games after the update and getting absolutely terrored. Bleh

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
So I bought the game yesterday and see there's an update today now complete with insane mtx.
I don't give a shit about cosmetics. Is the only way to get the new guns with buying the battle pass?

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they learnt nothing from the level rate fiasco of Black Ops 4's first Battle Pass. This thing is a horrible grind that most folks will have no chance of finishing within 61 days.

Fully expect the community to be pretty vocal about this within 24 hours.
Hopefully the community does, and hopefully enough people leave for some changes to happen cause it's ridiculous. IW have shifted the narrative to they aren't communicating cause some people are being hostile.
Looks like it's 20,000 XP between levels now instead of 10,000. They made a meaningless grind even more grindy.
Of course, knew something was up when the leveling felt slower. Prepatch I was zooming through the levels.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god crash feels awful to play in this game

Man gunfight is now literally the only thing I enjoy in this game lol