• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Been enjoying this online, but I'm a dirty casual that hasn't spent any real time with multiplayer CoD since like the first two games and a bit of CoD4.

That said, I am now eyeing BLOPS4 on PC which is on sale $49.99 for both it and the Season Pass. Worth it? I have fears that any remaining players won't make it enjoyable for me to play? As most probably moved onto MW? Any cheater issues on PC? Season Pass worth it?

I'm basically looking for a reason to justify jumping in as I'm intrigued by the hero system and the goofier maps that aren't just bombed out warehouses and warzones.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When you see people posting in this thread who said a week ago they were quitting the game... 🧐

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The SBMM thing is more of a community issue than a IW one IMO. You should be playing against people within your skill level.
Being forced into what feels like the MLG finals for every match gets tiring. There's so little gameplay variety when you're stuck sweating your butt off with the best guns in the game 24/7 in order to not get decimated. SBMM is a bad idea for casual playlists. Make a ranked mode if you want SBMM and let connection quality be the only priority in casual modes. Maybe the worst part in all of it is it makes playing with friends that have varying levels of ability a lot less fun since based on my experience SBMM seems to skew towards the best player in the parties skill level, which makes it so the lesser skilled people in the party get destroyed every match.

It's not a community issue, SBMM just isn't a good idea I'd say.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I just read that some Youtubers are playing a match, taking note of the lowest ranked player near the bottom of the end match scores. Finishes game, leaves matchmaking, goes to recent players and joins that player in the pre-game lobby. Continue doing this between matches and you'll always get easy lobbies without "reverse boosting" and tanking your K/D. Just always join the least skilled player.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
How long is a season? Because I can see people getting tired of 3 COD4 maps quite fast and if there's like 4 months until the next season, that's a rough wait. Are we even getting them all on launch day? Dont tell me they are drip feeding us.

Would be nice if perhaps they can nail the spawning issues on existing maps. Maybe that'd improve things.

Would be even better if they could redesign existing maps. Add a lane in Piccadilly, create 6v6 versions of 10v10 maps...Would that be hard? It's a travesty that I actually quit lobbies because Im in no mood to play Caves, Bridge, Palace, and Piccadilly which is like half the maps.

Also, Joe Cecot just responded to a random positive video clip on reddit. It's insane that these devs are purposely ignoring any kind of criticism and actually showing up to comment on random videos lol. I dont get this dev team at all.

In BFV's subreddit, at least the community managers respond and communicate enough that them commenting on random video clips is warranted. Those poor DICE community managers have had an insane history of ups and downs with the community, but in MW sub, the devs are flat out not responding to criticisms.

Mind you, the toxicity I've seen is also awful from fans, but it's crazy to me that there has been practically radio silence on IW's end.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why they made the headshot multiplier so huge in this game. It used to be around 1.1x-1.3x but now it's like 1.5x-1.8x depending on the gun. Feels like most of Instant deletions come from headshots.

It's part of the reason why the TTK is so bad in this game.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, this might sound like a case of gitgud, but do the red dots feel "off" on some guns? I can do fine with them on most guns, but this revolver it feels like it is not hitting where I am aiming.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this video inadvertently revealed that they likely did not test 32v32 Ground War before release. Even with all the content creators they invited, plus the devs and QA they pulled in, they only had enough for a 20v20.
This actually looks like the best designed map for Ground War so far but yeah could be a shitshow on 32v32. All of the ground war maps are terrible for different reasons.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Prone BFV player detected.
LOL! Yes! I remember when I was complaining about visibility in BF5 and the LMG prone players were just "LOL noob need help" or something. And then people find their profile, yep, MMG prone peeps.
How long is a season? Because I can see people getting tired of 3 COD4 maps quite fast and if there's like 4 months until the next season, that's a rough wait. Are we even getting them all on launch day? Dont tell me they are drip feeding us.

Would be nice if perhaps they can nail the spawning issues on existing maps. Maybe that'd improve things.

Would be even better if they could redesign existing maps. Add a lane in Piccadilly, create 6v6 versions of 10v10 maps...Would that be hard? It's a travesty that I actually quit lobbies because Im in no mood to play Caves, Bridge, Palace, and Piccadilly which is like half the maps.

Also, Joe Cecot just responded to a random positive video clip on reddit. It's insane that these devs are purposely ignoring any kind of criticism and actually showing up to comment on random videos lol. I dont get this dev team at all.

In BFV's subreddit, at least the community managers respond and communicate enough that them commenting on random video clips is warranted. Those poor DICE community managers have had an insane history of ups and downs with the community, but in MW sub, the devs are flat out not responding to criticisms.

Mind you, the toxicity I've seen is also awful from fans, but it's crazy to me that there has been practically radio silence on IW's end.

Yep, agreed. You can't do this to the gaming community and expect them to NOT remember it in the future. IW's communication for the game has been super terrible, that I honestly don't even know what their Community Manager does.

Oct 25, 2017
IW's communication for the game has been super terrible, that I honestly don't even know what their Community Manager does.
+Put out false or unchecked patch notes?
+reply to positive praise?
+Only respond to the most severe bugs, glitches, etc. maybe once or twice a day on Twitter and Reddit?
+Ignore anything negative or begging for change?

Where do I sign up for this cozy gig?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone saw this: https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...ase_someone_tell_me_im_not_trippin_and_i_did/

But yeah, I just played a match now and this guy (Chinese clan tag) had the name "Madajo" acted suspiciously the same. He knew exactly where I was and jumped to the exact corner. Watched the kill cam and he didn't even hesitate where to go. I was prone and not even moving to not make a sound.

Next life, was going to shoot him through the arcades in Piccaddilly, befre I even got the chance, and fired, he crouched away. Insane ESP of this dude.

Anyone else experience the one above? It's not aimbots but definitely some kind of wallhack.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone saw this: https://old.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...ase_someone_tell_me_im_not_trippin_and_i_did/

But yeah, I just played a match now and this guy (Chinese clan tag) had the name "Madajo" acted suspiciously the same. He knew exactly where I was and jumped to the exact corner. Watched the kill cam and he didn't even hesitate where to go. I was prone and not even moving to not make a sound.

Next life, was going to shoot him through the arcades in Piccaddilly, befre I even got the chance, and fired, he crouched away. Insane ESP of this dude.

Anyone else experience the one above? It's not aimbots but definitely some kind of wallhack.

As I predominantly play GW I've been seeing suspicious kills more recently, people knowing exactly where you are even though there's no way they should know (I run ghost on everything).

Oct 25, 2017

I do not think it is definitely anything. It looks like they are camping a spawn exit, something done super common on that map. And the reddit poster gets super hostile to someone who suggested they do not see obvious cheats going on.

when I respawned and then literally traced me through walls lmao don't worry bro keep using your hacks just like this guy IW probably won't do much about it anyway

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
was away on vacation when this dropped..

is it worth a pickup if i enjoyed the beta? and how's the campaign

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As I predominantly play GW I've been seeing suspicious kills more recently, people knowing exactly where you are even though there's no way they should know (I run ghost on everything).

Same. Whenever I die from suspicious deaths, I watch the killcam. Usually, it's just dumb luck, but sometimes, it's super baffling like someone just knew where you were or where to throw grenades.
Yeah this is why I was worried about crossplay with PC. No anti-cheat is 100% effective.
I turned it off for now.

I do not think it is definitely anything. It looks like they are camping a spawn exit, something done super common on that map. And the reddit poster gets super hostile to someone who suggested they do not see obvious cheats going on.

when I respawned and then literally traced me through walls lmao don't worry bro keep using your hacks just like this guy IW probably won't do much about it anyway
C'mon, man. You can clearly see the shooter just go and turn to the side and they have no business knowing someone was there. Footsteps were out of range. You can see him tracking the enemy running. He just magically knew he was there? This isn't just a spawn exit. Grazna Raid has multiple spots for spawns on C, and this dude magically knew when to turn at that moment?

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I watched a TDM killcam where the player that killed me ADSed and kept their aim on me through the walls (including an elevation change since I went down stairs) until I walked by a door and he instakilled me. If that wasn't a cheater then I dunno what to say.

Sucks 'cause I can't turn crossplay off since I am on PS4 and I play with someone on Xbox.

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Whenever I die from suspicious deaths, I watch the killcam. Usually, it's just dumb luck, but sometimes, it's super baffling like someone just knew where you were or where to throw grenades.

I turned it off for now.

C'mon, man. You can clearly see the shooter just go and turn to the side and they have no business knowing someone was there. Footsteps were out of range. You can see him tracking the enemy running. He just magically knew he was there? This isn't just a spawn exit. Grazna Raid has multiple spots for spawns on C, and this dude magically knew when to turn at that moment?

I am not even remotely convinced there is cheating going on in that video. The more I watch it, the less convinced I am. There is nothing obvious about cheats there.

You are convinced he had wall hacks then why did he not shoot the guy right behind the first one? No, I think the guy just happened to pop out at the right time and lands a good shot. These types of videos are shameful compared to actual evidence of hackers, which I am super familiar with as a heavy FPS gamer on PC.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Oof these spec ops missions are tough. Finally finished the second one. Got to the third defend on the third one but couldn't do it. Anyone want to swap friend ID's and try to do some of these? You really need people who know how to play the game. Sometimes you get good randoms, but others it seems like you get 3 year olds who don't know what a controller is.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Most hacks have features nowadays that alert you when you're being targeted. There's also things like visual "aim lasers" so you can see where people are aiming. On the other hand, sometimes people just get lucky. I jump prefire a lot of corners and get accused once in a while.

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know what exactly has to be done to unlock Zane? I just finished and survived 2 Spec Ops missions, the only two with Verdansk in name, and thought that would unlock him for me. But alas....no Zane.

Jun 23, 2019
I feel stupid as shit. I was grinding the FAL the whole time thinking one of its perks was a Full Auto Mode. Turns out it was just burst and people are using mice and binding weapon fire to the scroll wheel to get a auto effect. I don't know who said the gun got buffed because while it does work in Hardcore, it's trash in regular Deathmatch. Waste of fucking time.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Finally picked this up for myself and immediately regretted it. This is one of the worst experiences I've had in a CoD game, period. I can't believe these maps made it past QA, they're so awful. The sheer volume of camping in this game is horrific, too.

Whole thing just feels extremely unfinished. Sound design is good, but extremely unfocused, so it feels like enemies are coming from every direction. I used to think red dots on a minimap was a terrible decision, but now I realize exactly how important it is. This shit is awful.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I feel stupid as shit. I was grinding the FAL the whole time thinking one of its perks was a Full Auto Mode. Turns out it was just burst and people are using mice and binding weapon fire to the scroll wheel to get a auto effect. I don't know who said the gun got buffed because while it does work in Hardcore, it's trash in regular Deathmatch. Waste of fucking time.

They should have kept the fal full auto the game has fire mode selection there is no need for weapons to be limited to just one fire mode unless the weapon class calls for it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I've peaked, just in time before Halo Reach is out

HlQ1SdY.jpg

Helps that the game was incredibly lopsided, though, and for once I was in the winning team. No doubt I'm gonna get some stiff fucking games for the rest of the night, which is going to suck cause I'm just grinding officer challenges right now.