• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2019
Man I'm at 123 and while I think I'll get to 155 this weekend, these challenges are just too hard to get done. Guess I'll miss the OG Emblem boys 😭

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I tried BO4 a couple of days ago for the first time since its release month and felt like it was indeed clusterfuck garbage and much worse than I remembered (loved that TTK, though!), so I guess I'll reinstall MW and grind weapons since it's a 2x exp weekend and all. Remains to be seen if I'll have to uninstall again on Tuesday, depends on how big Halo Reach is.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
So lvls being reset on Dec 3rd? If so i need to hurry up and hit 155 and get my officer challenges done lol

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Got first in the tournament and got the deagle skin. Pretty cool.
It seems like when you play long enough and the matchmaking kicks in you eventually get matched with roving squads of mp5 players that say they are on game pad but clearly are not.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Bought this game today for PC from GameStop. Loving it so far! Any recommendations of guns & perks?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this game today for PC from GameStop. Loving it so far! Any recommendations of guns & perks?

Tips:
- Don't play Team Deathmatch. It sucks right now and you will just be working yourself up over a broken mode.

- Actually only headquarters is really tolerable right now.

- If you play Free for All and you use a shield, I will go back in time and become your father so I can scold you in public.

- bring a shotgun or a .357 pistol with snake shot if you want to be competitive at medium-close range.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any mode I should be playing to try to get the hack 15 equipment challenge? Usually only play dom and and kill confirmed...I've hacked like three pieces since I had the game (lvl 70 something now).

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
???

There was no problem with it in past games when it was countered by Awareness or there were other random ways to soundwhore or know where someone was at like reloading or throwing nades etc

How can you know something is a problem when you only been playing this game for weeks vs others' years of experience lol

That perk doesn't exist in this game and no one has been asking for it to make a return, all I'm hearing is I don't want footsteps ever!

How can I know not having footsteps is a problem in a shooter? Hmm.

It's a ridiculous advantage. Sounds like some people just want it to be a complete RNG clusterfuck. You can't complain about respawns being bad if you want no footsteps in the game. It leads to the same thing = being shot out of nowhere with no chance to react.

There's a reason COD4 was GOAT.

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Why the hell is Aniyah Palace every 4th match over the past few days? Who's stupid idea was this?

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think the hacking of claymores etc just takes so damn long, that hardly anyone uses it. It normally gets me killed, since I have to position myself correctly, look down and activate. Dead. Just make it some small device you throw down and it hacks the object in a small radius.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the hacking of claymores etc just takes so damn long, that hardly anyone uses it. It normally gets me killed, since I have to position myself correctly, look down and activate. Dead. Just make it some small device you throw down and it hacks the object in a small radius.

I hated having to do that challenge, I was almost going to give it up doing the challenge.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know CoD matches tend to be wrapped up quickly but I wish there was a little more push from a loosing team to maybe even the odds. Getting triple capped and then having all the killstreaks raining down on you, does not make for an exciting match. Sure it's done quickly but maybe they could have elements to help the loosing team make up some ground and make it a bit more interesting.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ I agree. You need to use one of only 5 loadout slots just to have an anti-killstreak setup to bring them down asap.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I know CoD matches tend to be wrapped up quickly but I wish there was a little more push from a loosing team to maybe even the odds. Getting triple capped and then having all the killstreaks raining down on you, does not make for an exciting match. Sure it's done quickly but maybe they could have elements to help the loosing team make up some ground and make it a bit more interesting.
This has always been the fatal flaw of domination to me, and it's why I don't usually play it.
Killstreaks are kind of dumb IMHO. Start loosing the game and the enemy team gets a fat advantage. You need to use one of only 5 loadout slots just to have an anti-killstreak setup.
It doesn't help when playing with randoms who don't seem to understand how killstreaks like a UAV greatly increase the odds of more killstreaks coming your way soon. I'm usually the only person shooting them down.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Sometimes you don't even get a chance to bring them down...just a cycle of respawning and dying before you can switch to a rocket. Though maybe they fixed that on Piccadilly with the respawns, not sure.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Apart from CoD 4,MW2 and new CoD, I am not an expert on CoD stuff. Has CoD ever done multiple teams for objective based modes? Had a weird thought of multi team domination/HQ.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you don't even get a chance to bring them down...just a cycle of respawning and dying before you can switch to a rocket. Though maybe they fixed that on Piccadilly with the respawns, not sure.
There is a perk where Vtols and other AI controlled air killstreaks won't target you. Create a class with that and a LMG and just take it down, then switch back to your other class at next death. LMG will take them down quicker than rockets.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
That perk doesn't exist in this game and no one has been asking for it to make a return, all I'm hearing is I don't want footsteps ever!

How can I know not having footsteps is a problem in a shooter? Hmm.

No footsteps is a ridiculous advantage. Sounds like some people just want it to be a complete RNG clusterfuck.

There's a reason COD4 was GOAT.
What are you even talking about? 😂😂😂

This has to be a troll post. No way you can be serious 😂😂😂

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Treyarch did it with Black Ops 2 where there was a moshpit of TDM, KC, Domination and Hardpoint with 3 teams of 3 but it never really caught on.
Ahh I see. I was wondering if they ever tried it. IW and CoD never seem to try more odd modes. They tend to keep things pretty safe. HQ and Domination seem to be my fave.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
A question that needs to start be asking to the dev is what happens if i don't unlock the weapons before the season ends will my chances to earn the guns be over or will they still be available to be earned through other means. I have no problem with cosmetics not being earnable once the season ends but gameplay altering items need to always be avaliable to be earned.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A question that needs to start be asking to the dev is what happens if i don't unlock the weapons before the season ends will my chances to earn the guns be over or will they still be available to be earned through other means. I have no problem with cosmetics not being earnable once the season ends but gameplay altering items need to always be avaliable to be earned.
I don't think the said what happens if you don't get them during that season. Maybe the reward loops round later on in another season, or it appears as a Season Pass reward.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Man my PS4 Slim never got updates (12GB) and copying on PS4 is taking forever. Why does the PS4 copy anything?

PS4 was designed so that when it updates a game, it actually makes a copy of the entire game and applies the patch to that.
This is so that if you lose power or otherwise disconnect the system during an update, the hard drive won´t be corrupted. Which is taking things a little too safe in my opinion.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
One of the Operator Skins part of the paid Battle Pass was already visible in the game during the Beta
New skin for Wyatt unlocked at tier 10:
operator_west_wyatt_1_1.png

Beta Operator menu (Wyatt is the third Warcom character)
ModernWarfare_2019_09_21_09_15_22_294.jpg

If you go in the game right now you'll see that this Battle Pass skin is the skin Infinity Ward used in the Operator selection menu if you select Wyatt

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
There is a perk where Vtols and other AI controlled air killstreaks won't target you. Create a class with that and a LMG and just take it down, then switch back to your other class at next death. LMG will take them down quicker than rockets.

Thanks, I'll make sure to add that to the loadout.

What are you even talking about? 😂😂😂

This has to be a troll post. No way you can be serious 😂😂😂

I'm talking about your ridiculous post where you brought up a perk that doesn't exist in this game and proceeded to describe listening for footsteps as sound whoring.

People asking for dead silence to be a perk in this game when there isn't even a counter to it deserve the worst respawns.

Last edited:

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, I'll make sure to add that to the loadout.

I'm talking about your ridiculous post where you brought up a perk that doesn't exist in this game and proceeded to describe listening for footsteps as sound whoring.
Nah, you're not serious. And if you knew lingo, you would know that soundwhoring isn't inherently a bad thing neither.

If you actually played CoD4 and knew how the footsteps, audio, and dead silence worked in that game, you would also know that this would negate your initial post and wouldn't be saying it's the GOAT.

But sure, keep digging yourself in this topic. 🙃😂

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, my headset broke apart a couple of days ago and my performance actually went up 😅. The new one just arrived, watch it to take nosedive again 🤣🤣

Last edited:

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Apparently the game starts itself on high priority on PC?

Found this out last night after crashing after a game or two without fail, turned it to normal and had no issues rest of the night.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Nah, you're not serious. And if you knew lingo, you would know that soundwhoring isn't inherently a bad thing neither.

If you actually played CoD4 and knew how the footsteps, audio, and dead silence worked in that game, you would also know that this would negate your initial post and wouldn't be saying it's the GOAT.

But sure, keep digging yourself in this topic. 🙃😂

I don't remember dead silence being as quiet in COD4 as it is in this years COD. In this, you activate it and turn into a monster from Evolve. And people are still complaining, asking for it to be on permanently like it wasn't enough of an advantage.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any mode I should be playing to try to get the hack 15 equipment challenge? Usually only play dom and and kill confirmed...I've hacked like three pieces since I had the game (lvl 70 something now).

I think I was playing TDM and KC when I went after that challenge. Since camping is so frequent, you're bound to come across them. Regardless, it did take me a while. Sometimes you'll get lucky and people would place claymores one right after the other lol.

Also, if you aren't already, I would use Spotter (Perk 3) to help highlight those claymore through the wall.

I don't know if you have it unlocked but there is a mission challenge where you need to hack equipment as well. You can knock out 2 birds with 1 stone if possible. Just an fyi.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Go play it or any older CoD? Watch gameplay?
Okay, I will. TBH I forgot it was in COD4.

Apparently, your footsteps and your team's footsteps in this are quieter to you but not as quiet to the enemy.

October 28th they also buffed dead silence so it's completely quiet:

So it's completely silent now. Which to be honest, is bad enough. Forget about COD4, having no footsteps as a perk would be terrible without some sort of counter.

Last edited:

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
Okay, I will. TBH I forgot it was in COD4.

Apparently, your footsteps and your team's footsteps in this are quieter to you but not as quiet to the enemy.

October 28th they also buffed dead silence so it's completely quiet:

So it's completely silent now. Which to be honest, is bad enough. Forget about COD4, having no footsteps as a perk would be terrible without some sort of counter.
MW2 had Ninja Pro and there was no true counter to it. However, no matter what perk you had on, you still made noise walking through certain objects like bushes and reloading jumping from certain heights, swapping weapons, throwing nades, etc made noise. All this is made regardless of what perks you have.

Yes, Awareness-type perk would be nice to pair with Dead Silence, but you don't need it if you balance audio right.

Regardless, it is still impossible to move aggressively without being immediately pinpointed through audio in this game and not even your Tactical Darlings™ like R6 Siege are that punishing with movement.