• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So now the question is: what happens with the DLC weapons once Season 2 starts? How will you unlock them then if you missed out during S1 for whatever reason?
Edit: also just realized there's no brand new Operators at all so I'm guessing those will be separate purchases as well.

Last edited:

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The headshot multiplier really needs to be reduced, it's a big reason why it feels like you just get deleted in this game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Had the most amazing clutch in gunfight tournament

best mode by a long shot. They need to make this a standalone game

led 4-0

Enemies tied us 5-5

i clutch the 1v1. 10 hp, and i rush the OT flag

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
The headshot multiplier really needs to be reduced, it's a big reason why it feels like you just get deleted in this game.
Definitely agree with this. One shot is all it takes to pretty much win a gun fight.

Could definitely be lessened for weapons like the M4 too if they want to nerf it without it having high recoil/low damage. Weapons like the AK47 should keep it.

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Pass content has leaked: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...n_warfare_season_1_battle_pass_tiers_weapons/
  • 2 New Weapons (2 Free / 0 Paid)
  • 1,300 CODPoints (3 Free / 10 Paid)
  • 12 Operator Skins (0 Free / 12 Paid)
  • 20 Blueprints (3 Free / 17 Paid)
  • and more
The 2 new weapons are at Tier 15 and Tier 31.
Skins are paid tier or you have to buy them outright? Cause if you have to buy outright that's bullshit.

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I am so sick of spawning and instantly being swarmed by like 4 enemies. I have never seen this happen this often in any other multiplayer game I have ever played

The only conclusion I can make is the people behind the online infrastructure of this game are complete and utter buffoons. Hopefully they are never allowed to work in this industry again. Amateur hour bullshit, from the biggest gaming company in the world.

Jun 1, 2019
Reverse boosting has been a thing in CoD for years (the same goes for most other online shooters tbh), but I'm seeing more youtube videos of people doing it now than I ever have before. The CoD community sucks so bad sometimes.

Oct 27, 2017
So now the question is: what happens with the DLC weapons once Season 2 starts? How will you unlock them then if you missed out during S1 for whatever reason?
Edit: also just realized there's no brand new Operators at all so I'm guessing those will be separate purchases as well.
Probably assed out once the season is over. They've gotta get people in from FOMO.

We know there will be at least once new operator. Everyone probably gets it's automatically or through a challenge, if it's paid expect people to riot. I hope it's paid just for that.
Reverse boosting has been a thing in CoD for years (the same goes for most other online shooters tbh), but I'm seeing more youtube videos of people doing it now than I ever have before. The CoD community sucks so bad sometimes.
This is on IW the sbmm is too strict so the community is gonna try to find a way to get around it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
These 12 are part of the Battle Pass, but I'm sure there will be others which will be a separate purchase.
Also should note that there's 0 new Operators in the Battle Pass, so it looks like they will be separate purchases as well.

I'm guessing they will just be added for free actually. If only because they featured one of them on the cover of their: "BIGGEST FREE CONTENT DROP IN COD HISTORY" thing.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the first Spec Ops mission, headhunter, the second one seems impossible. You have to sit infront of computers with their screen up hacking them and non stop enemies? How? I also scan through the different computer files and just get "No file found" or whatever it says. Is there any way to know which ones to scan or do you really just do trial and error until you find the right one?

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the first Spec Ops mission, headhunter, the second one seems impossible. You have to sit infront of computers with their screen up hacking them and non stop enemies? How? I also scan through the different computer files and just get "No file found" or whatever it says. Is there any way to know which ones to scan or do you really just do trial and error until you find the right one?
You need people to guard you.
I made the same mistake as you going through every damn file until I realized they were explicitly telling you which folder to search. I believe it's manifest, just look at the mission directive.

Oct 25, 2017
You think the battlepass is gonna flop?

source.gif
Seeing the content you still feel the same?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Battle Pass content has leaked: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...n_warfare_season_1_battle_pass_tiers_weapons/
  • 2 New Weapons (2 Free / 0 Paid)
  • 1,300 CODPoints (3 Free / 10 Paid)
  • 12 Operator Skins (0 Free / 12 Paid)
  • 20 Blueprints (3 Free / 17 Paid)
  • and more
The 2 new weapons are at Tier 15 and Tier 31.

what happened to the Tamagunchi we heard about pre-release?

The paid pass is honestly not super thrilling.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty annoyed with a paid battlepass releasing so soon. Because so many problems aren't fixed, I definitely don't feel they've hit the full $60 value of the game yet.

Oct 25, 2017
These 12 are part of the Battle Pass, but I'm sure there will be others which will be a separate purchase.
Also should note that there's 0 new Operators in the Battle Pass, so it looks like they will be separate purchases as well.
I just realized both Operators are on the battlepass
'Chem Division" is Mara or whatever her name is.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Join tournament
Wait 5 min for matchmaking
Teammate has clan name NIGG
Leave tournament

Oct 25, 2017
Man some people will never be satisfied with anything.
Thunder402 basically begged for old maps to return, 3 old maps get announced for S1.._
1. complains that they are called new maps
2. complains about Crash being a map we see all the time... despite it only returning once in a main COD 10 years ago and then a remake 10 years after the original 3 years ago ..
and turns around and says
"why not something like Dome from MW3" you mean?
Dome from MW3
Strikezone from Ghosts
Unearthed from Ghosts
Genesis from IW
latest

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
Won a tournament earlier and it was so tense, what a fun twist to Gunfight (and it was already my favourite mode.) I also love that it has a (slow) rejoin option for crashes.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man some people will never be satisfied with anything.
Thunder402 basically begged for old maps to return, 3 old maps get announced for S1.._
1. complains that they are called new maps
2. complains about Crash being a map we see all the time... despite it only returning once in a main COD 10 years ago and then a remake 10 years after the original 3 years ago ..
and turns around and says
"why not something like Dome from MW3" you mean?
Dome from MW3
Strikezone from Ghosts
Unearthed from Ghosts
Genesis from IW
Thunder is funny but all he does is complain and Im pretty sure its just because its more entertaining to do so

However, I have to say, Im def tired of Crash and COD4 maps considering we just got COD4 Remastered

IMO, they should have started with the fresher MW2 maps and I feel like as much as I enjoy Crash and Vacant, Id much rather they went through their immense catalog of fan favourite maps to bring back

There are so many DLC maps in this series that many haven't played but are considered some of the best. I wish we could have gotten those instead.

Even in COD4, we had Broadcast and Chinatown. I doubt we will ever see them.

And come on, Shipment is an absolute horror. It's too decisive as a map and gets old so damn fast. I hate when maps like this are put into the pool because its ALL people vote for. Though I guess this game won't ever add back map vetoing.

Shipment just gets me mad because its such a lazy map. I hope they at least take liberties with it to make it at least less of a joke. Even Nuketown is a good map in comparison because at least Nuketown tries to balance chaos with decent map flow.

And Wetworks is another one. Why on earth are these 2 maps priorities over the many awesome maps this game has had.

Oct 25, 2017
Thunder is funny but all he does is complain and Im pretty sure its just because its more entertaining to do so

However, I have to say, Im def tired of Crash and COD4 maps considering we just got COD4 Remastered

IMO, they should have started with the fresher MW2 maps and I feel like as much as I enjoy Crash and Vacant, Id much rather they went through their immense catalog of fan favourite maps to bring back

There are so many DLC maps in this series that many haven't played but are considered some of the best. I wish we could have gotten those instead.

Even in COD4, we had Broadcast and Chinatown. I doubt we will ever see them.

And come on, Shipment is an absolute horror. It's too decisive as a map and gets old so damn fast. I hate when maps like this are put into the pool because its ALL people vote for. Though I guess this game won't ever add back map vetoing.

Shipment just gets me mad because its such a lazy map. I hope they at least take liberties with it to make it at least less of a joke. Even Nuketown is a good map in comparison because at least Nuketown tries to balance chaos with decent map flow.

And Wetworks is another one. Why on earth are these 2 maps priorities over the many awesome maps this game has had.
China town was just in WW2
Broadcast was in the leaks for this

Of Modern Warfare 2 maps
Terminal and Afghan were just in Infinite Warfare
Highrise was in Advanced
Favela was in Ghosts
Scrapyard was in Ghosts and is in the leaks for this

Sub Base is probably the most popular MW2 map that hasn't returned a single time.
It was in the leaks

If I had to guess Terminal, Scrapyard and Sub Base will be S2

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man my PS4 Slim never got updates (12GB) and copying on PS4 is taking forever. Why does the PS4 copy anything?

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
You know with double weapon XP and all you'd figure that you'd start to maybe, just maybe, see some people running something other than the M4 but apparently not. Says a lot about the state of the games balance.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My daily is to 'Stick 5 enemies with lethal grenades' - what is this? Grenades don't stick, do they mean C4?

Edit: Oh, Semtex

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
I wish some of the new regular maps were from the other modern warfares rather than the first. Just played these a bunch in the remaster.