• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Gaming early 2000s : " Stop Camping ! "

Gaming 2019 : " Footsteps arent loud enough ! "

Im taking a break from MW . Didnt play in days.
New content sounds good though. People will enjoy it

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly IW should just implement a tactical device like Reapers radar shroud from Blops 4 if they want to cater to campers.

Your exact location is temporarily obscured from radar but your general location is visible. Seems like a decent trade-off if restock wasn't in the game.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Operation Door Kick is also live on Classic Spec Ops with the 3 star system.

Door Kick is just palace again but who the hell thought letting the chopper gunner deal friendly fire was a good idea?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm confused. What's the point on levelling beyond 55?
I'm like, 113 and I'm not seeing any benefits.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I really have no problem with IW putting me in lobbies with similar talent. To me that is how you get better. I also like to take it up a notch and enable crossplay against PC people semi frequently to improve my skills (for the record I have ALL aim assists turned off, always have on every shooter - I say that only because I have seen where PC players think console gamer's have an edge with certain aim assist options.).

My biggest gripe is the disbanding of lobbies after only one game. While I understand it is not IW's job to curate my friends list, I have to say a lot of my friends I have on my list came from COD lobbies since COD 2 in 2005. And yes I do use the search for group feature on the Xbox, but many times that turns out to be a 50/50 proposition on if I am vibing with new strangers or not. At least if I stay in a lobby for a few rounds I can get a feel if I want to party/friend up. Also I enjoy the competitive banter between the rounds of trying to go back and forth and get revenge after a loss, etc.. To me that is a lot of what COD is about.

The way it is set up now it is very "sterile" and the game simply does not feel as alive as I get placed in a lobby by myself every 5-8 minutes awaiting a new set of players. I'm not dumb and I totally get why the guy from Respawn said what he said and why Fortnite is doing SBMM as well. It is all about extending the tail as long as you can with these shooters and making you come back as much as possible to increase the chances of a micro-transaction purchase. The way they increase that is not alienating the bulk of the user base by having them get beaten into the ground match after match, which is the casual crowd.

However that being said, your hardcore crowd spends way more money long term than your casual crowd. I have a hard time believing the casual crowd played BO4 as often as I did into August. It seems they are throwing the middle finger to the people who are spending dollars, to chase the people who spend pennies. It makes no sense at all to me other than misguided greed. Activision is so reliant on this franchise that it pretty much is the whole portfolio by itself, which has forced them into this path to get every last cent out of everyone, while not realizing they are alienating the ones who purchase the bulk of their micro-transactions.

I agree with whomever stated they should just make two sets of lobbies...Casual and Ranked. Out of ALL the COD's this should be the EASIEST one to implement this on as there is cross play enabled which further guarantees plenty of people to play regardless of whether there is a subdivide or not.

Oct 27, 2017
So the last time I played Crash and Vacant was over 10 years ago, probably in 2008. Wow, I can't wait to play them again. I remember for the Call of Duty 4 beta I got partied up with Major Nelson on Vacant lol.

I'm surprised by Shipment tho, is the map that well liked? My memory is a bit foggy but I really thought they would include Chinatown, Backlot, Pipeline, or Overgrown (all 3 beta maps would be in it this way lol).
Chinatown needs more love.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
All I have left challenge wise in the game is the PS exclusive "Dominator" mission for a handgun blueprint. I'll probably mop that up tonight and then take advantage of double weapon XP to get a sniper and marksman rifle to max level before season 1. Everything available in the game from launch felt like just the right amount of content for me to fill my time. Really looking forward to seeing everything in the Battle Pass.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
fuck. Still got 30 officer challenges left to do. I hope there isn't one that's get 15 kills without dying.

I know the quad feed one will take a bit of grinding. Hello score streaks, chopper gunner, and shoothouse

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
There's just something about double xp that makes the game more fun. Like, grinding the weapons you wouldn't touch and seeing those levels creep up without the feeling of needing to be sweaty to grind. Love it.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Barely. I'm very glad they changed it if some players were just constantly walking around with no footsteps, what a joke.
???

There was no problem with it in past games when it was countered by Awareness or there were other random ways to soundwhore or know where someone was at like reloading or throwing nades etc

How can you know something is a problem when you only been playing this game for weeks vs others' years of experience lol

Oct 25, 2017
It is a good thing dead silence is not a perk, same reason stopping power is not a perk. I think footstep audio should be equal across all players, with the exception of the field upgrade giving a brief but powerful advantage in that area. Dead silence is as perk is boring and yet obviously very powerful. People want it because they want the easy mode to stealth and be agile, whereas they should just use crouch walking more and that as a tactic should be more viable in this game than it is right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting frame-tearing/v-sync issues and framerate drops on maps like Picadilly on XB1X, when playing on a 4K television.
Dropping the 1X's system settings down to 1080p doesn't help, either.
Still can't believe they haven't fixed this yet.
Guess I'll have to tweet the powers that be more frequently than once a week.
Anyone else seeing these problems on a 1X, while playing on a 4K television?

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
???

There was no problem with it in past games when it was countered by Awareness or there were other random ways to soundwhore or know where someone was at like reloading or throwing nades etc

How can you know something is a problem when you only been playing this game for weeks vs others' years of experience lol

Let it go. We have a Headset Warfare this year . Next year we'll have fun again, maybe.

What a surprise...

Last edited:

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Buff the AK74u attachments. It is probably the worst SMG right after the Uzi.

All this love for the automatic rifles and MP5 due to heritage and no moves to make new classics. It's a shame.

It's going to be a damn shame that most of these new weapons are going to be rifles, snipers, and SMGs possibly.
Let it go. We have a Headset Warfare this year . Next year we'll have fun again, maybe.

What a surprise...
I usually ignore posts like that but sometimes i feel a reaction is warranted lol

I've been off and on with Treyarch since Black Ops 1 so we will see. I enjoyed BO3 the most despite the jet pack nonsense. Mostly because the gun balance is the most balanced and the most interesting with guns like the P-06. That was some top tier CoD in years for me.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list somewhere of all of the "hidden guns" you can make with certain attachments like the M16 from the M4?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for that.

I haven't tried any of this but I'll be grinding out some weapons thanks to Double Weapon XP this week.

I'm about 85 challenges deep into the Officer Ranks. Became a little bored but I think I may go ahead and finish the remaining ones. The thought of having an animated emblem as a reward would make me happy, lol.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every level requires the same amount of exp, right?

No. The first 70 or so officer ranks fly by, when you get to 135ish the levels start to take a lot longer. I was going a rank every 2 games until then, now it's closer to 5 or 6.

Still not as bad as the old prestige 45-55 was though

Edit: to be clear 5 or 6 games of mosh pit. Not GW

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
dont really care about double xp...but double weapon xp should be nice. so many damn sights you need to power through to get the actual perks and attachments. do xp tokens stack?

Jun 23, 2019
Holy shit double weapon XP is insane. I decided to try out a fresh FAL. I shot one guy in the head and It leveled up like 3 times. Haha

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battle Pass content has leaked: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...n_warfare_season_1_battle_pass_tiers_weapons/
  • 2 New Weapons (2 Free / 0 Paid)
  • 1,300 CODPoints (3 Free / 10 Paid)
  • 12 Operator Skins (0 Free / 12 Paid)
  • 20 Blueprints (3 Free / 17 Paid)
  • and more
The 2 new weapons are at Tier 15 and Tier 31.
If there are only 23 free tiers how do you unlock the tier 31 gun without paying?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
10 of the 12 paid skins
operator_east_azur_2_3.png

operator_west_wyatt_1_1.png

operator_east_rodion_1_1.png
operator_west_alice_3_2.png

operator_east_minotaur_2_1.png

operator_east_syd_2_1.png
operator_west_dday_2_3.png

operator_east_bale_3_1.png

operator_west_domino_2_1.png

operator_east_grinch_3_1.png

If there are only 23 free tiers how do you unlock the tier 31 gun without paying?
You just have to level to Tier 31, you just wont get the rewards for the paid Tiers. When they say 23 free tiers, it means that of the 104 tiers the content of 23 is free.