• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I find it hilarious at this point. These people don't value their time or sanity.

Anyways, I like that they removed the birdseye spawn in animation in headquarters. They should do that for...every mode
This is one of those things where I can imagine some creative director demanding it for reasons and then the engineering team has to work weeks to support it. Players see it and think it's cool for one match and then it just gets in the way of spawning for the rest of eternity. I hated it in BFV too, but at least there's some tactical use in that game.

Oct 29, 2017
This is one of those things where I can imagine some creative director demanding it for reasons and then the engineering team has to work weeks to support it. Players see it and think it's cool for one match and then it just gets in the way of spawning for the rest of eternity. I hated it in BFV too, but at least there's some tactical use in that game.

I love watching the map, seeing an enemy sprinting towards the area I am spawning, while my character does his dumb little gun cock animation, and getting blasted away :p

But yea, I think Battlefield 1 first introduced it? Super cool seeing it the first few times. Pretty annoying after that though...

Jun 23, 2019
Alright just finally got gold camo on my Oden and man does it look sweet as hell. Alright, time to play the villain. What's the current OP weapons right now?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think we have a new "Michael Condrey" situation here where studio head has a strict vision for the game and any changes to that vision it's a big no.

When this person gets removed, you can expect pretty rapid changes to the game. This is what happened with CoD WW2, but it took 5 months.
Yes, this is exactly what I feel too.

ffs. Stop playing the game if you don't like it.
I do like parts of it, and I have to play it, for, y'know, work. :P
I thought you said this was the worst multiplayer game ever made?

These posts are just embarassing. Are you so addicted to Call of Duty you can't turn away? You obviously hate this game, no idea why you are still playing it.
Yes. I love COD, and see post above.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just gonna wait for the battle Royale mode and hope I like it as much as blackout. I'm just tired of everyone camping and just literally aiming at the wall and following my crouching footsteps behind two walls. And tired of playing so many shitty base maps

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Somehow I got the 1/5 on Doing Work despite the fact that I don't remember doing anything like it and I almost never play objective modes. Ah, this bug.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
This thread and the YT update vids I've mildly kept up with since launch have thoroughly put me off picking this game up during xmas.
I really hope the community gets the changes its crying out for soon.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really been loving ground war, my win loss ratio has swung round from negative to positive with 91 wins and 90 losses and my kdr is now up from 1.24 to 1.36.

I'm also really playing quite aggressively around capture points and it's almost as if people don't expect it as well as a sprinkle of cleaning out campers/snipers in groups not looking at the behinds.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017

Gunfight tourney came out overnight (for us UKers) and no mention here, certainly feels like the negativity has taken over.

I think for the 'hardcore' players, the tipping point will be when the battle pass is introduced, and what changes are introduced with it. If 'they' don't come, then any big changes are fast fading away, along with that playerbase.

I love the game but it is very frustrating.

really been loving ground war, my win loss ratio has swung round from negative to positive with 91 wins and 90 losses and my kdr is now up from 1.24 to 1.36.

That's the lack of SBMM is ground war... ha

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gunfight tourney came out overnight (for us UKers) and no mention here, certainly feels like the negativity has taken over.

I think for the 'hardcore' players, the tipping point will be when the battle pass is introduced, and what changes are introduced with it. If 'they' don't come, then any big changes are fast fading away, along with that playerbase.

I love the game but it is very frustrating.

That's the lack of SBMM is ground war... ha

oooh, looking forward to that, an era tournament? :D

yeah it's like a different game, still loads of high level players (I'm level 100 now) but it's weird how it's not as hard

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of like ground war, but it just feels a bit too much like a different game, it would be nice with less players on smaller maps.. hha. Think I just need to play it a bit more to be fair, I did well the few times that I did play it.

I'd be useless at Gunfight, only had 1 or 2 games on it since release.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please stop with the canned reload animation on spawn. The amount of times I have spawned in on a large map and had somebody in my periphery but have been unable to get into a fight because of it.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please stop with the canned reload animation on spawn. The amount of times I have spawned in on a large map and had somebody in my periphery but have been unable to get into a fight because of it.

I believe this has changed (or at least the zoomed in spawn animation) for some modes in last nights fix, I've not looked myself.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They updated Doing Work overnight to only require 1 triple kill on defenders so now I'm 100/100 Officer ribbons for the season!

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Question - I have 3 trials tokens sitting there - which I presume count towards normal XP for levels.

XP I would be better off getting when the 'new season' starts, meaning, I'm best of saving my trials tokens for then?

I'm level 70 something at the moment and only used 1 last night, should I also have more at this point?

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Does any of the in-game text look a little off to you? Some of it looks way too skinny. For example the perks that appear on the right side of the screen when you spawn and your party members' names during ground war on the left side of the screen.

edit: I guess this is only happening to me in fullscreen borderless. I can't quite figure out why though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Changes coming to Vtol and Precision airstrike volume.

Also a mention of the battle pass being due in December.. have we actually had any mention of the date of the first season at all?

Before the game launched Infinity Ward mentioned that they wanted players to level up first and get accostumed to the game before releasing the Battle Pass. So it being released in December matches that thought.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Before the game launched Infinity Ward mentioned that they wanted players to level up first and get accostumed to the game before releasing the Battle Pass. So it being released in December matches that thought.

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere. I just don't actually remember reading anywhere about the battlepass coming in December, I mean it probably is, but I've just not read it officially.

Ai, just went back and read the official announcement, there wasn't any date in it. One bit did make me laugh about the focus on day 1 experience..

Also, what's betting that the introduction of the further custom classes come as rewards with the free portion of the battlepass, a bit like COD mobile! Ha

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Watching someone dropshot you from behind because they have some sort of macro or something is just so embarrassing. Where are their parents?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still have moments where I shoot people, hear the markers and I am the one that dies. Super weird and I suspect it's just lag or something. I often look at the game and go "wah?" when it happens.

Still, having fun in small doses haha.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
SBMM has been kicking my butt the last two nights. I'll go 6-20 for three matches and then 20-6 after, then rinse and repeat. My KDR is exactly 1.0 but I rarely have 1.0 kdr games, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Level 133 here and have to say that I"m really loving this game, and loving these maps. I"m still learning where all of the many camp spots are so that I can avoid being peaked around every corner, but that just goes to show how intricate and complex they really are. The fact that I can pop a smoke and take another route around leads to some amazing flanking maneuvers. Surprised how few people still don't use smoke with capping flags are when being spawn trapped.

Also, I found switching to HC Domination exclusively for me has really helped to lessen the frustration I felt during my initial stages of the game. I now know the maps, I know the weapons, and now I can just focus on the objective. Only thing I hate is the constant spawn flipping leading to being shot in the back. Looking forward to battle-pass for some new player skins.

I do wish players didn't blend into the map so well as I cannot see where I'm being shot from at times, but whatever. KD just above 1.0 with SBMM and domination heavy playing.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted? Someone got this from winning a Gunfight tournament:

5bpgs3usqx041.jpg

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Is that out today??
Also, when is the battle pass dropping?
Thx

No official date for the battlepass, but the feeling is that it's close (next couple of weeks).

How long is it before we get hyped for new maps/content that we start to forget some of the fundamental flaws and just accept them for the game it is, just like IW seem to be doing anyways? Ha.

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they address the issues, see the new content and the remade content sucks so much when you know there's still huge problems.

Oct 25, 2017
How damn hilarious is it that a bottom tier COD4 map is coming(Wet Work) and will easily be better than all of the current ones?
my body is ready for that Crash 24/7

Only cosmetics I really care about is stuff for Domino or Farah as an operator.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I do a lot better with the MP7 than the MP5. What are the differences between the two guns that would effect that? Or what do I need to try and do to make the MP5 better for me? My MP7 is a blueprint gun, the Piercer, so maybe that just makes it even better?