• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I usually very between 0.7 to 1.3 KD and I feel like I'm one of the few people who don't hate SBMM.

I've been using almost exclusively "bad weapons", the SA87 and the Scar. The games I've had so far are pretty varied. From games where I'm getting stomped, to average, to being top of the scoreboard.

I don't know man, wish I could relate to what everyone's been complaining about.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Wow, the Ak with the smaller caliber ammo is night and day better. It's a completely different gun, and actually usable.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I usually very between 0.7 to 1.3 KD and I feel like I'm one of the few people who don't hate SBMM.

I've been using almost exclusively "bad weapons", the SA87 and the Scar. The games I've had so far are pretty varied. From games where I'm getting stomped, to average, to being top of the scoreboard.

I don't know man, wish I could relate to what everyone's been complaining about.

I think they just need to separate the modes. Like I like playing sweaty sometimes because it leads to fun games.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just need to separate the modes. Like I like playing sweaty sometimes because it leads to fun games.
I'm surprised it wasn't in the game at launch, what with COD esports being a thing and all. I figured they would've included a ranked mode for the esports and sweaty players and regular casual with no SBMM.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Just had a TDM match on Azhir Cave end with the score at 32 - 29. You could hear a pin drop while everyone was camping. I think I'm done with this game.
Yesterday my first 3 to 5 matches were like this.

You could sit down for a few minutes (honestly would be like 30 sec but feels like minutes) and you would hear not a single peep!!! Absolute silence.

I haven't played and bought a CoD title after Black Ops 2, but I never experienced it any cod title before. It is truly embarrassing at times.

Is it the shoddy matchmaking or is it the fact everyone is chasing those challenges...who knows..

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That really sucks. I can't kill anyone in online to earn XP so I can't get good equipment. I guess this game just isn't for me.

Id say play Headquarters, Domination, and Kill confirmed until you get a feel of the maps and gameplay.

ask for advice here on best guns, learn the maps, shoot house 24/7 is fun and probably has a smaller learning curve.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
The marksman rifles are the new bane of my existence. Went up against a whole squad using them and it was probably the most rage inducing match I've played yet.

Also watched the play of the game kill cam where a dude quick scoped 8 people consecutively at close range with all with clear head shots in the span of a few seconds while sliding, jumping and spinning and landing and going prone . Some people are inhuman at this game.

Oct 25, 2017
I might be uninstalling just to clear some space on my SSD. 120gb+ is absurdly large. I am still enjoying the game too, even more than I did in the honeymoon period.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally done with that stupid mission and unlocked the steel curtain why did I put myself through all that trouble? Oh yeah because IW couldnt be arsed to include a more modern ak variant. Why is that in these games the west is always allowed to use the latest and greatest but when it comes to the Russians they are stuck with cold war relics.

Heh, I'm exactly the opposite. I love the old-school aesthetics of the stock AK, yet I can't get something as simple as the classic carrying handle for the M4 without leveling up all the way to rank 155. It's stupid.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Focused on the campaign today just to get some MP unlocks. What a game.

Great campaign.

So going by that ending, does this take place before COD4? Or is this a reboot?

Oct 25, 2017
Finally done with that stupid mission and unlocked the steel curtain why did I put myself through all that trouble? Oh yeah because IW couldnt be arsed to include a more modern ak variant. Why is that in these games the west is always allowed to use the latest and greatest but when it comes to the Russians they are stuck with cold war relics.
In Call of Duty the AKs always play about the same so considering the huge middle eastern focus of the campaign that was always going to be the base model
MW2 had
latest

MW3 had
latest

Ghosts had the AK12
latest

Advanced Warfare had the AK12
latest

All of which can be made ingame
Russians have the AK12 in campaign

The "Odin" assault rifle is a renamed modern Russian assault rifle the ShAK-12

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the "Doing Work" officer challenge is bugged? I've gotten a triple kill on defenders a ton of times but it won't budge from 1/5 complete.

Jun 23, 2019
The M4 does need another nerf. The previous ones never addressed what the made the gun so good.

Holy hell this. I was playing Arklov Peak last night and was in a window with my Oden and the Colossus Suppressor looking at the building across the way. A guy with a M4 literally comes around the corner, looks up in the window and even with me firing first, puts me down in a couple of shots. When I look at the killcam, the recoil was almost non-existent and this was at about 200m. They haven't nerfed shit.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Why nerf the m4? People will just find a new gun to flock to and then people will call for that gun to be nerfed.

This is the way
And the COD community been doing this for so long.

Let's not hammer down weapons let's bring other weapons up

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
I just need some more maps at this point. I'm burnt out on the current offerings. New maps would help me overlook a lot of small gripes I have here and there.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still enjoying TDM and Kill confirmed. Sometimes I destroy, other times it's bad. KD / Win rate is just over 1.0 so I guess SBMM is working as intended.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Why nerf the m4? People will just find a new gun to flock to and then people will call for that gun to be nerfed.

This is the way

I agree, at least with regards to the M13. Levelled up it can be good, but you're still potentially putting yourself at a disadvantage vs M4s, Kilos, and levelled AKs. M13 buff would be appreciated.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Legit curious how anyone can find Ground War fun. It's straight up rage inducing how trash this game mode is. Do you just sit in a building and stare out a window the entire match? How are you expected to move 5 feet without 3 people shooting you from different angles? I love that it's filled with hackers too. People shooting 50m with PP Bizon, get a kill on you, and their aimbot stops tracking and their cursor goes sky high because they can't actually recoil control.

All I need to do is capture 15 flags in Ground War and I'm finding that the easiest way to do it is to join matches until I find one fresh, cap A, and leave.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This is the way

There's nothing wrong with changing a weapon to make it a bit more skill-based. No need to adjust its damage or firerate, simply increase its recoil.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Legit curious how anyone can find Ground War fun. It's straight up rage inducing how trash this game mode is. Do you just sit in a building and stare out a window the entire match? How are you expected to move 5 feet without 3 people shooting you from different angles? I love that it's filled with hackers too. People shooting 50m with PP Bizon, get a kill on you, and their aimbot stops tracking and their cursor goes sky high because they can't actually recoil control.

All I need to do is capture 15 flags in Ground War and I'm finding that the easiest way to do it is to join matches until I find one fresh, cap A, and leave.
The only benefit of Ground War is it doesn't have SBMM. Quarry if you don't have B or C there's no point in playing because being outside of a building on this map = instant death and getting spawn killed. Krovnik if your team doesn't get C first it's auto GG you're getting spawn trapped by snipers for the rest of the game. Tavorsk unless you snipe the only "playable" areas are around D and C flag because attempting to go anywhere else = instant death.

This is the way

Because a gun with zero recoil should not have the fastest time to kill in a game where most guns do have recoil and can't full auto snipe from 100m away.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah it's shit. Majority of the game is just snipers. It isn't as bad in the city map, but that one has issues because of the square footage there is in general due to the amount of accessible buildings, floors, and rooms; way too many windows, and corners that people sit in. All the GW maps just make it a chore to actually move in.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in 3 weeks and I come back to the same issue. None of the guns feel good to use. I either use noob shit like the M4 or I grind for hours with a gun to get the right attachments to make it competitive.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
There's nothing wrong with changing a weapon to make it a bit more skill-based. No need to adjust its damage or firerate, simply increase its recoil.
That just sounds like you don't like lesser skilled people killing you with it.

I've played this game for about idk, 5 hours and I saw more snipers and smg's than m4's

Hell I've seen more odens than m4's

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
In Call of Duty the AKs always play about the same so considering the huge middle eastern focus of the campaign that was always going to be the base model
MW2 had
latest

MW3 had
latest

Ghosts had the AK12
latest

Advanced Warfare had the AK12
latest

All of which can be made ingame
Russians have the AK12 in campaign

The "Odin" assault rifle is a renamed modern Russian assault rifle the ShAK-12
I wish they based the campaign AK-12 and the Steel Curtain skin on the real AK-12
AK-12_final.jpg

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That just sounds like you don't like lesser skilled people killing you with it.

... no, it's pretty much the only gun I use. I've nothing against others who prefer it, it'd just be nice if it required a bit more control to use effectively (and consequently, make it more satisfying to do well with).

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I've never understood this line of thinking. There isn't any kind of an inherent difference between nerfing one gun or buffing every other gun. One isn't a positive change and the other a negative one, they're just means to an end, that end being a satisfyingly balanced competitive experience.

Furthermore, if you just keep buffing everything whenever a single weapon emerges as overpowered, you'll completely drown out all the unique characteristics of the weapons. The logical end point here would be that every automatic gun was a laser that killed in as few shots as possible, every shotgun was an OHK in close to medium range, every sniper and pistol was essentially identical, etc. Keep buffing everything and you'll just end up with a bunch of incredibly same-y weapons.

And, as has been demonstrated yet again with this game and its pile of 725 nerfs before that weapon felt right, balancing weapons is definitely not easy. So when a weapon turns out to be more effective than intended, why in the world would anyone opt to buff essentially every other weapon, instead of just nerfing the one?

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Was playing this earlier (on Xbox) and am starting to get sick of seeing people play with mouse and keyboard. Gives a total unfair advantage over those playing it using a controller on a console.

The worse though, is I sure i have spotted PC gamers cheating. One guy was using what could only be an aim bot. I watched the kill cam, and you could see his cursor (almost on the other side of the screen), then suddenly it locks onto my head almost instantly, killing me.

Another was using a wall hack. You could see his cursor follow my name tag on the other side of the wall. I would stop..his cursor would stop. When i moved, so did the cursor. As soon as i came around the corner he instantly killed me.

I know my nephew has come across a few cheaters too. He managed to record a few of them.

Wish there was a way to filter out PC cross gaming.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Of the things that frustrate me, it's throwing gas an dit makes you freak out. The amount of times I throw it and then start coughing etc haha.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Was playing this earlier (on Xbox) and am starting to get sick of seeing people play with mouse and keyboard. Gives a total unfair advantage over those playing it using a controller on a console.

The worse though, is I sure i have spotted PC gamers cheating. One guy was using what could only be an aim bot. I watched the kill cam, and you could see his cursor (almost on the other side of the screen), then suddenly it locks onto my head almost instantly, killing me.

Another was using a wall hack. You could see his cursor follow my name tag on the other side of the wall. I would stop..his cursor would stop. When i moved, so did the cursor. As soon as i came around the corner he instantly killed me.

I know my nephew has come across a few cheaters too. He managed to record a few of them.

Easy. Turn cross play off.

I don't think I've ran into a cheater at all yet. Luck of the draw I suppose.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

You can turn crossplay off, but my understanding is that you will only be matched with Mouse and Keyboard players if you are in a party with other players who are using KB+M.

Regardless, they show a generic TV icon for players on PS4, probably because they can't show the PlayStation logo on xbox or something.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it's lag or jus me but sometimes I run at people, mash the trigger but nothing comes out and I die to their bullets. Kinda weird because I pressed the trigger and nothing. Any sensitivity settings?

Also, I am guessing this happens to people also when I kill them haha.

The game is equal parts fun and parts frustrating haha.