• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You all should try to play Hardpoint. Many issues regarding camping and crappy maps are reduced. Even Picaddily isn't an instant quit anymore in Hardpoint.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
You all should try to play Hardpoint. Many issues regarding camping and crappy maps are reduced. Even Picaddily isn't an instant quit anymore in Hardpoint.

Those modes are kind of meh playing alone. But had a round Domination on .....Azhir Cave.....against other run gunners and score ended 200 - 199 . Great match that was.

Someone screamed "dont u use the shotgun" but he got roasted by my MK2 baby.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Urgh, 7 levels left with the .357. Hardcore is garbage lol.

e: I'm gonna hate myself if the snakeshot isn't worth it in the end lmao

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
A bit over an hour later I finally have snake shot.

I will say that while I otherwise hate hardcore, the pistols can be pretty fun in those modes due to the much higher base damage (or lowered player health?).

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Man COD finally did it. I joined all the casual bros in COD. I'm level 16 which is literally the highest level I've ever been in this franchise. I usually get sick of it in under an hour when I've given it a chance before. Never clicked before. I guess the M4, since it's so overpowered, is a packet loss equalizer. Even if half your shots don't register, it takes people out quick from a distance.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Lmao, white text on white background in the menu. Straight Copy from BFV .

I believe its a conspiracy. "thats what u get for hating on lootboxes and season passes".

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Ah man I feel you, I did the grind last weekend for it and I barely use it, feels so week at times, I'm not really a shotgun player anyway but it would have been nice to have a backup for m13

I tend to really enjoy shotguns in shooters so I was excited, but even with the green laser and some range-extending stuff like the longer barrel, it seemed like a sure hipfire OHK only for a couple of meters, beyond which its effectiveness seemed to rapidly drop.

I'll stick to the Deagle for my pistol needs.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread is so weird. I play about an hour/day and it's usually awesome fun. Sometimes I play good, sometimes I play bad.

Would you really notice these balance issues by yourself if you weren't part of the outrage cycle via social media?

Why are we calling out individual developers by name or suggesting they get replaced?

I literally am shocked. This is my first CoD day 1 pickup in a few years, but I've always previously been a campaign guy that waits for a discount to enjoy the struggle of veteran diff and never usually touches mp. Due to cross-play and RTX, and enjoying the free beta period, I'm now diving into a few mp matches a night and having a wild time.

Like you, I die often, I get some licks in with a few good streaks, but as a lapsed BF fan, this has been a treat.

So I enter this thread after wondering why I was met with a 20gb patch update last night, and I was shocked at the toxicity on display. I get if a few issues are causing concern, but yikes at the responses I'm seeing.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I literally am shocked. This is my first CoD day 1 pickup in a few years, but I've always previously been a campaign guy that waits for a discount to enjoy the struggle of veteran diff and never usually touches mp. Due to cross-play and RTX, and enjoying the free beta period, I'm now diving into a few mp matches a night and having a wild time.

Like you, I die often, I get some licks in with a few good streaks, but as a lapsed BF fan, this has been a treat.

So I enter this thread after wondering why I was met with a 20gb patch update last night, and I was shocked at the toxicity on display. I get if a few issues are causing concern, but yikes at the responses I'm seeing.
Pretty sure I'm in the same boat as you, on the one hand it's funny to see the same complaints from the days of COD4 And the Black Ops series on display (matchmaking, claymores, spawn locations) but seriously as someone who stepped away for years due to burn out, it feels like the best it's ever been. Plus no season pass which is great. I understand people have valid concerns but I guess I'm just not as hard core COD as I use to be. I don't think this is a game that could ever be.....perfect for everyone.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
it's disgusting how big the file size on this game is, and how the ps4 handles updates.

I gotta have like 123gb free space just to get the update installed or whatever the fuck, and I'm still on base hdd because I've been primarily using xbox over the years.

annoying as fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly at this point we need more than just patch notes. I feel like Infinity Ward should make a huge blog post going over the community's concerns and what their plans are for the future.
Way past time for this. Also, a road map is needed.
They left that original post out, my bad.

hell the main new feature listed is the star ranking and rewards which weren't actually added.

Im also amazed they had the nerve to release them and try to hype them without any legitimate adjustments first fans have asked for since release.
Spec Ops isn't a priority for them and it shows from its design and fixes.
I seriously wonder if Infinity Ward and Activision have the balls to release the paid Battle Pass and other MTX while the game is in its current state.
They do and will in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So are watches just not in the game? I've yet to see one as a reward or anything.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I've tried so hard with this game since launch but I think I'm fucking done now. I hate the very essence of killstreaks and they're in practically every game mode, it's really ruining it for me at this point.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny going back to previous year cods and enjoying it

its true what they say about the cod cycle. the other thing is, the older cods are far easier to play. Far less experienced players, far better mix of player skills. im sticking to BO4 until they fix this game proper

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Crash better actually come out. That is the GOAT map.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
in hindsight i kinda regret getting this game full price. i bounced off pretty quick

have they put out a roadmap of some kind for me to gander at?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to really enjoy shotguns in shooters so I was excited, but even with the green laser and some range-extending stuff like the longer barrel, it seemed like a sure hipfire OHK only for a couple of meters, beyond which its effectiveness seemed to rapidly drop.

I'll stick to the Deagle for my pistol needs.
I've been having great success with it.

If you go in expecting the next 725, yeah you're gonna be disappointed. It's definitely not meant to be a replacement for a primary shotgun. If you go in expecting a pocket shotgun you can whip out and kill people at a moment's notice, you're gonna have a good time.

Oct 25, 2017
So are watches just not in the game? I've yet to see one as a reward or anything.
There are two currently available,
1. From buying 2 Totinos pizza products
2. From the COD Endowment thing

there are like 30 just sitting in the data unavailable to unlock

This is the Totinos watch
EH7H7h_XkAAvuda

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
0 recoil and no weakness in any way
You're acting like it's the ACR from MW2, There is enough recoil on it where you can't fire it from the hip across the map and not get headshots.

I see recoil on it. Plus I mean why not flank these individuals using it with a SMG? I guess I just don't see the problem. They give you all these abilities (drone to scout enemies, increased movement speed and no foot steps) to equal the playing field.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was thermite grenades not killing shields an intentional change or a bug?

What's wrong with the m4? Right now I feel like the Kilo is better, but they shoot basically the same
Presumably they got killed by it, which is unacceptable.

Weapon balance seems fine right now tbh. The only real outlier was the 725 which seems well within reason now and the tuned down m4 evened out the assault rifle playing field. At least that's what it looks like to me when I glance at the kill feed.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Was thermite grenades not killing shields an intentional change or a bug?

Presumably they got killed by it, which is unacceptable.

Weapon balance seems fine right now tbh. The only real outlier was the 725 which seems well within reason now and the tuned down m4 evened out the assault rifle playing field. At least that's what it looks like to me when I glance at the kill feed.
Just unlocked the 725 last night, kind of mad I missed out on how crazy it was. It still has decent range.

Oct 25, 2017
In the first game on MP Cod I played, I knew the 725 was busted way before I even knew what it was called. My very first death. I just knew that range was awfully far for a 1hk from hipfire.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know but it's dumb as hell. Now everyone in my games is running a shield and they know they can sprint out of even direct molotov hits. I hope they revert it.
It's especially weird because it was the only area they really excelled. As far as general use goes they don't offer anything that a regular grenade wouldn't outperform them on.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Why why why have they put the night maps in gun game!??? It's like they're trying to force everyone to play this shitty night maps that barely anyone likes

Oct 25, 2017

Summary: IW needs to communicate with the community and give a time table for future changes.

I freaking hated Black Ops 4 but damn if they weren't excellent with visibility and communication.
as was Sledgehammer.

I like this game to a degree but find Infinity Ward's showing absolutely pathetic.
They don't acknowledge or even respond to anything but the rare most severe technical issues.

It really feels like they couldn't take any criticism so they just took the ball and went home.

A freaking staff note in patch notes that were overlooked is the most acknowledgement IW has accidentally given about this game.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Havent been able to play in about a week or so and I am trying to find patch notes, but I am only finding the latest patch. Does that mean there has only been one patch or hotfix?

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Meh, as someone who's partially deaf the footsteps in this are a godsend and make the game much more enjoyable for me as I can actually get some sense of enemies around me before they're already in my face unloading. Personally I hope they don't change it as much as everyone else seems to hate them.
That is pretty selfish of you and I can't hear properly out of my right ear.
I was wondering the same thing since yesterday! Then I got reminded of a news article few months back.

There will be a tamagotchi watch as well. Where you raise that thing by feeding it kills and what not.

Why are there not watches yet? Well battlepass that is why. December I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering the same thing since yesterday! Then I got reminded of a news article few months back.

There will be a tamagotchi watch as well. Where you raise that thing by feeding it kills and what not.

Why are there not watches yet? Well battlepass that is why. December I guess.
There are 2, otherwise you know Activision wants that $$$