• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
"Hey we finally added star ranking and rewards to Spec-Ops"
goes and blows time on the broken Spec-Ops mode
y4stxmpgv8041.png

the fuck you did.

I actually like the game but im really starting to get fed up and pissed with IW's BS.

what the fuck

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I really do wish they'd fix it asap, or actually, I wish they'd had fixed it already. Whether it's because I don't got anything else this fast-paced or because I'm actually enjoying trying my damn best with the .357 or because I'm an addict, I definitely would like to play the game right now, but it's kinda hard to focus on leveling a weapon when you don't gain any EXP.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point we need more than just patch notes. I feel like Infinity Ward should make a huge blog post going over the community's concerns and what their plans are for the future.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do the new co operations affect your ability to get operator Zane? You had to complete all operations in Verdask. They've added 2 more. They don't all say Verdask in the mission details which makes it confusing. But one of the new ones, Harbinger, list it.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I love how every patch something gets screwed up with my game, two patches ago I had a problem where my mouse would slow down to a crawl in menus and sometimes be out of sync in matches (which made the game unplayable), last patch fixed that, I boot up the game today again after a week of not playing, update it, lo and behold, the mouse is fucked up again -_-

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if it'll scratch that itch for some of you, but just FYI, I know that a new CoD mobile update drops tonight with controller support, zombies, and new maps. No idea if it'll be good, I only played the game a few times when it launched, and I'll give it another shot soon.

Thread on it, that will hopefully have impressions once it launches: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...r-update-launches-tonight-and-zombies.154645/

If on iOS you can use the DS4 or Xbox One Controller probably if you have the iOS 13/iPadOS update.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
I have no idea if it'll scratch that itch for some of you, but just FYI, I know that a new CoD mobile update drops tonight with controller support, zombies, and new maps. No idea if it'll be good, I only played the game a few times when it launched, and I'll give it another shot soon.

Thread on it, that will hopefully have impressions once it launches: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...r-update-launches-tonight-and-zombies.154645/

If on iOS you can use the DS4 or Xbox One Controller probably if you have the iOS 13/iPadOS update.

I knew i would need one of those controller mount gadgets one day ..... Dammit

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly at this point we need more than just patch notes. I feel like Infinity Ward should make a huge blog post going over the community's concerns and what their plans are for the future.

Yea I agree. Earlier in the thread I was indifferent and kind of got where they may be coming from, assuming this patch would have been an overhaul based on the community chatter, but now I feel like they need to make a proper statement. It is disappointing how they ghosted the subreddit after being so active during the alpha and beta. I know in general they have to face a lot of toxicity, but it's only getting worse with every update and no communication.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well, I crashed after 15 seconds, so the patch did nothing for me. It's unbelievable that they can't fix it, so many people can't play the game they paid £60 for.

Oct 25, 2017
co-design director of MP is making safe space jokes on Twitter, what a bunch of clowns.

I didn't think after the turd of Black Ops 4 and the impending disaster of 2020 i'd beg for Treyarch back but im certainly headed that direction.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane how deafening their silence is. I do hope they have something big planned very soon, especially since they are starting their season, but it just feels frustrating not knowing whats happening

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Whats the point of adding new operations if the mode is still a pile of ass.

Last edited:

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Exactly. At the moment and after the first few patches and weeks of community "feedback" and communication from IW themselves. The only explanation I can think of for their way of not acknowledging any big community issues, is that they've thought about the game and the current form a lot longer than any of us have.

They might've thought it out soo meticulously over a long period of time that they still think this is the way CoD is suppose to be and any form of acknowledgement might lock them in decisions they don't want to take.

Or they're just becoming more and more stubborn like the community is now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
co-design director of MP is making safe space jokes on Twitter, what a bunch of clowns.

I didn't think after the turd of Black Ops 4 and the impending disaster of 2020 i'd beg for Treyarch back but im certainly headed that direction.

You mean this tweet?

...How is this a joke?

Like I get people want to hate on IW right now and they're being frustrating but this ain't it chief.

Oct 25, 2017
You mean this tweet?

...How is this a joke?

Like I get people want to hate on IW right now and they're being frustrating but this ain't it chief.

They left that original post out, my bad.

hell the main new feature listed is the star ranking and rewards which weren't actually added.

Im also amazed they had the nerve to release them and try to hype them without any legitimate adjustments first fans have asked for since release.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is disappointing how they ghosted the subreddit after being so active during the alpha and beta

They had to sell the game so they pleased the community. Once it released, they took the money and ran.

Well, I crashed after 15 seconds, so the patch did nothing for me. It's unbelievable that they can't fix it, so many people can't play the game they paid £60 for.

My PC began having hard resets once again after this patch. No other game has ever made my PC shutdown before.

Considering the fact that Black Ops 4 was the result of a 2, 3 year development -- and we all know how that turned out -- imagine one that is being made in one and a half.

It's insane how deafening their silence is. I do hope they have something big planned very soon, especially since they are starting their season, but it just feels frustrating not knowing whats happening

This was supposed to be the "big update" everyone asked for. In reality, it was just an update that brought back many bugs (more than normal, some even game-breaking) and did not address any of the concerns of requests of the community.

I know! How hard is it to lower the difficulty, stop excessive enemy respawning, etc.?

I keep reading that they are not allowed to address those issues. Why? No idea.

Im betting on this. In the end they are humans too. But yeah at this point i dont even care if they are making jokes on Twitter .

This game was supposedly bringing back the real Call of Duty experience after many "different" games on recent years. Instead, we get a game with great potential that is hindered by the lack of communication and acknowledge from part of the developers.

Considering Treyarch is making the next CoD with such a short time of development (around a year and a half), I expect the end product to be way worse than Black Ops 4.

In other words, people won't trust either Infinity Ward or Treyarch anymore -- which are the only two developers of the CoD franchise right now. I know -- the games will keep making a lot of money but their player retention will be awful, specially from the hardcore audience.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My PC began having hard resets once again after this patch. No other game has ever made my PC shutdown before.

The sad thing is for the first 2 weeks it ran perfectly, no crashes at all, then they did something and I haven't been able to fire a bullet since. I'm actually gonna reinstall Windows now as a hail mary.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually gonna reinstall Windows now as a hail mary.

A word of advice: People have tried that to no avail. Maybe it will work for you but the general response is that it doesn't fix anything.

I still want to see what Treyarch is gonna do with that new engine :P

I must admit that I am rather curious myself as well. However, I'd wait at least a month after release to know how engaged they are with the community and how the overall gameplay feels like.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It would just be nice to get a CoD which actually feels like a finished project on launch instead of it being filled with bugs, insanely unbalanced weapons/equipment/perks and mind boggling design choices which should have been changed/cut before the game was even revealed in the first half of the year.
Like when you just take the general design of Modern Warfare's maps, how did at no stage during development months and months before release a group of playtesters tell Infinity Ward that the majority of these maps are disgracefully bad? Or did they but did IW just ignore them? How did nobody catch the 725 being so insanely unbalanced? What about the issues regarding footstep sounds? Even the M4 was called unbalanced by much of the community during the Beta and yet at launch it was still way more powerful than the other Assault Rifles.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would just be nice to get a CoD which actually feels like a finished project on launch instead of it being filled with bugs, insanely unbalanced weapons/equipment/perks and mind boggling design choices which should have been changed/cut before the game was even revealed in the first half of the year.

While it is not limited to CoD, its developers sure abuse the patching option that they have nowadays.

Imagine the roundtable:

"The game still has a lot of issues and we are close to the release date. What should be do?
"We can just release it that way and patch it along the way. The players will also be able to test it for us and pay us to do so!"

Nowadays I don't expect games to be perfect on release, but having this insane amount of bugs is not acceptable. What is worse is the fact that they haven't addressed any of the important issues so far. After the patch information screw up that they had earlier, we got a confirmation that they listen to the community but they refuse to change anything.

There is still a large group of people that hasn't been able to play the game at all due to constant crashing on PC and Xbox.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Like when you just take the general design of Modern Warfare's maps, how did at no stage during development months and months before release a group of playtesters tell Infinity Ward that the majority of these maps are disgracefully bad? Or did they but did IW just ignore them? How did nobody catch the 725 being so insanely unbalanced? What about the issues regarding footstep sounds? Even the M4 was called unbalanced by much of the community during the Beta and yet at launch it was still way more powerful than the other Assault Rifles.

Most of the issues were evident in the beta. They just shuffled around some perks and what level you get stuff at. It did have an extremely positive reaction though so I don't know what changed except that the $600 million launch check was cashed.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the issues were evident in the beta. They just shuffled around some perks and what level you get stuff at. It did have an extremely positive reaction though so I don't know what changed except that the $600 million launch check was cashed.

Has there ever been a beta recently that was actually a beta and not just a demo for a game that is just about a month away from release?

Oct 25, 2017
I'd literally give them a break for technical errors and balance issues if we had a legitimate amount of content.
We can't even earn emblems and title cards in this game besides the limited daily ones and old challenges that have been cut back to almost nothing

Officer Challenges even feel pointless atm
There's something like 500+ title cards in the files locked to us,
200+ blueprints
hundreds of emblems(oh hey we cut emblem creator as well!)
and 6+ more skins for every character
(even that wouldn't be too bad except they kinda rub it in our faces by having bots use them in private match, blueprints in spec-ops and even use unreleased content in daily messages, screenshots, etc)

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I think the knock on effect of cutting the supply drops so close to release has had a real impact of everything else, there are usually some issues upon release, but not to this scale.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Some guy on Twitter " TheGamingRevolution" has tweeted out a lot of promo photos of 5 new operators you can buy instore soon. He also says you'll be able to buy weapons. Battlepass will have a free tier and a paid tier, Crash and a new take on Wetwork are coming soon.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Some guy on Twitter " TheGamingRevolution" has tweeted out a lot of promo photos of 5 new operators you can buy instore soon. He also says you'll be able to buy weapons. Battlepass will have a free tier and a paid tier, Crash and a new take on Wetwork are coming soon.
Buy weapons? That's gonna go over well.

Edit: seems he doesn't know for sure. Could just be blueprints are paid and the base weapons are free.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Someone on the subreddit posted that IW should post a "State of the Game" thing like Ubi does for The Division. I mean, it would be a safe space (turn off comments if you want) to relay key points, what's being worked on, etc. Not this vague thing that's making everyone more upset.

Yea I agree. Earlier in the thread I was indifferent and kind of got where they may be coming from, assuming this patch would have been an overhaul based on the community chatter, but now I feel like they need to make a proper statement. It is disappointing how they ghosted the subreddit after being so active during the alpha and beta. I know in general they have to face a lot of toxicity, but it's only getting worse with every update and no communication.

I mentioned this before too. Not a very good look for IW. They were super active before, and then just disappeared after that $$$ announcement made by Acti. Now they can't even be assed to reply at anything. It feels scummy and definitely adds to the toxicity of the subreddit/

Exactly. At the moment and after the first few patches and weeks of community "feedback" and communication from IW themselves. The only explanation I can think of for their way of not acknowledging any big community issues, is that they've thought about the game and the current form a lot longer than any of us have.

They might've thought it out soo meticulously over a long period of time that they still think this is the way CoD is suppose to be and any form of acknowledgement might lock them in decisions they don't want to take.

I said it before that maybe this is another Michael Condrey/WW2 situation? Maybe the lead dev is just adamant in the direction they want for MP in this game, and just won't budge. In WW2, they only managed to do an overhaul when Condrey was "promoted" (promoted to Acti managerial side and then let go quietly), and a new studio head stepped in.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Why the hell is Grazna Raid in the HC Domination playlist? The regular 6v6 maps are already too big for 6v6 lol.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I need this.

Crash and Shoothouse 24/7 please.
I love COD4 but Im sick of the maps after COD4:Remastered

I want MW2 maps

I am so frustrated that they bit off more than they can seem to handle. If I could turn back time and make this game Id completely dump Ground War, sorry. Let the BR devs make the 64 player modes.

Id even dump the 10v10 to be honest. Just focus on 6v6 maps and make the Ground War maps f2p with BR.

And dont get me started on Spec Ops. Id rather they dumped Spec Ops altogther too if this is what we got.

I just want to play a beefy MP. 18 maps on launch. all of them great. :(

Gun Fight can stay though, that mode is cool.

And didnt a lot of these devs make Titanfall? Man what happened.