• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The new patch seems to have introduced a whole slew of new bugs. What a shame.
It'd be dumb to deploy right before the weekend.
So yeah, they'll probably do it.
05a.jpg

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
JFC these patches have been out of control in terms of size. And for the size of the patch and lack of notes, wtf!

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
Just bought the game yesterday and having fun but whats up with the maps? i feel like there isn't a single one thats decent.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to be able to uninstall the campaign portion of the game. That's a huge motherfucker.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I just think the attachment system is too convoluted for a Call Of Duty game. People get these games for the mindless fun, and sitting there scrolling through 50+ attachments having to determine if the negatives and positives are actually worth it is anything but mindless.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I hit rank 60 and stopped playing about a week ago; I just wasn't having fun with every match being super sweaty. I've been playing JFO since and remembered that I'm supposed to be having fun playing games. Not sure if I'll ever come back, but may play the SP again after smoking a bowl. 🤷‍♂️

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I hit rank 60 and stopped playing about a week ago; I just wasn't having fun with every match being super sweaty. I've been playing JFO since and remembered that I'm supposed to be having fun playing games. Not sure if I'll ever come back, but may play the SP again after smoking a bowl. 🤷‍♂️
Went untill lvl 100 when I stopped for the same reason. Went back today after a week of not playing; don't bother trying.. Wait for the next update. Just as "bad".

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As someone who has been absent from COD for 5 years this game is amazing. But I'm seeing so many complaints on here and Reddit.

I hear the matchmaking brought up alot. What is the problem with it? I've had no issues and only had one match in 6 hours where we got completely blown out.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Which is what this game shouldve been

i dont hate changes to dead silence or the move away from arena maps but they did everything wrong
Over a decade worth of experience down the drain. Just played a game when a guy killed me. Watched the kill cam he was stood still listening to my footstep, moving the R3 up, down, left, and right trying to locate the sound.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I just think the attachment system is too convoluted for a Call Of Duty game. People get these games for the mindless fun, and sitting there scrolling through 50+ attachments having to determine if the negatives and positives are actually worth it is anything but mindless.

I feel like they could've gone even further with it. The extremely vague pros and cons for each attachment makes the min-maxer in me cry, and I wish we'd get actual numbers for stuff like movement speed, ADS movement speed, ADS speed, sprint to ADS speed, base damage per bullet, ROF, etc. etc.

But yeah, I do get what you mean, it can be a bit much.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
As someone who has been absent from COD for 5 years this game is amazing. But I'm seeing so many complaints on here and Reddit.

I hear the matchmaking brought up alot. What is the problem with it? I've had no issues and only had one match in 6 hours where we got completely blown out.
I'll give you my complaints. I don't get blown out in matches, but in order to not get blown out I/we have to resort to playing this game like you would play in a competitive setting, i.e. ranked mode.

This gets old really fast and removes any experimentation gun wise and fun from the games.

YouTubers have tested the matchmaking and their conclusion was that matchmaking is tied the most to your 5 most recent games and how well you did in em. Not a great way to go about matchmaking imo. Specially for public matches.

Also in my own experience I really really think my matchmaking times are suffering, it sometimes takes me a minute to find a match and often times they start with uneven numbers of players.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I don't miss the advanced movement games except for BO3 Zombies. Let me get this straight, they added new Spec Ops missions and completely ignored trying to balance and tweak the older missions to make them more playable for players.

Ok then.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'll give you my complaints. I don't get blown out in matches, but in order to not get blown out I/we have to resort to playing this game like you would play in a competitive setting, i.e. ranked mode.

This gets old really fast and removes any experimentation gun wise and fun from the games.

YouTubers have tested the matchmaking and their conclusion was that matchmaking is tied the most to your 5 most recent games and how well you did in em. Not a great way to go about matchmaking imo. Specially for public matches.

Also in my own experience I really really think my matchmaking times are suffering, it sometimes takes me a minute to find a match and often times they start with uneven numbers of players.
Do you have crossplay enabled? Maybe that will speed up match time?

As far as play style, idk it seems in my eyes the same play style it's slways been.

Get 3 kills, pop UAV, camp.

I can understand if it was strictly a gun game but I mean I messed around and got like 12 kills with just a helicopter, that's not exactly fair either so it's difficult to take the game too serious when there are constant death machines in the air.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Reading this thread is so weird. I play about an hour/day and it's usually awesome fun. Sometimes I play good, sometimes I play bad.

Yeah i dunno either, having a ton of fun every time i log in. And i play mainly with pump shotty, AK47, FAL or Kar98 on PS4.
Headquarters, Cyberattack and Domination only though, that´s the key to success i think.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't miss the advanced movement games except for BO3 Zombies. Let me get this straight, they added new Spec Ops missions and completely ignored trying to balance and tweak the older missions to make them more playable for players.

Ok then.

But they did. You now get regulary care packages after each waves. It's still totally unbalanced but they did something.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Do you have crossplay enabled? Maybe that will speed up match time?

As far as play style, idk it seems in my eyes the same play style it's slways been.

Get 3 kills, pop UAV, camp.

I can understand if it was strictly a gun game but I mean I messed around and got like 12 kills with just a helicopter, that's not exactly fair either so it's difficult to take the game too serious when there are constant death machines in the air.
Yeah got crossplay enabled, but matchmaking times is not really a big concern for me, it's just that it seems very obvious there is some heavy matchmaking algorithm.

In terms of play style, I think this game is fine. Especially after some recent patches that nerfed claymores and the shotgun. However, in terms of people with accuracy, mechanics like jumpshots and dropshots; it's like playing ranked.

Play style isn't really the problem it's the reflexes and mechanics you face that get old.

Now don't get me wrong it's not about facing them, it's about facing them every single match.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
A 20 GB patch full of bug fixes and new bugs and nothing that addresses the main complaints of the community. Just wait until they start adding new content.
Yeah, I'm already to the point that I don't enjoy the game anymore but still play due to routine. This "patch" seals my spiraling disinterest. 25 hours though so I guess it wasn't a total loss cash-wise.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Gunsmith is cool, but I only bother with a few attachments per gun since many of the attachments carry ads and movement penalties (although some of those charts are apparently incorrect lol)

I can stomach most of the big issues in this game (maps, spawns, weapon balance, perk balance, weird ui decisions, return to killstreaks, etc) but i need to see some changes to the sbmm. It's such a pain hopping on every other night, playing three solid matches and then getting slammed for the rest of the night. Modern warfare is quickly becoming the game that i just warm up on before playing something else, which is a shame because i really do like the shooting and movement. When people are just playing for fun it's really not a bad time

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey we finally added star ranking and rewards to Spec-Ops"
goes and blows time on the broken Spec-Ops mode
y4stxmpgv8041.png

the fuck you did.

I actually like the game but im really starting to get fed up and pissed with IW's BS.