• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
No i dont want to comment on this. People will go full Marvel defenders mode. "Because shes a senior community she knows whats shes doing bla bla bla women" kind of thing.

"the Big fixes"
People read too much into it (and other unrelated "leaks"). The two tweets from the 19th and 20th really don't oversell what update we got today.

You all have yourself to blame thinking it would be more than it was because by all accounts they delivered what they said they were with this update.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Strange that the update is 13 gigs and it looks like there are only some tweaks. Some new maps would be welcome already. I need more variation in the 6 vs 6 list.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
People read too much into it (and other unrelated "leaks"). The two tweets from the 19th and 20th really don't oversell what update we got today.

You all have yourself to blame thinking it would be more than it was because by all accounts they delivered what they said they were with this update.

Im fine. I like fixes. I usually dont callem good stuff.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Great update and nice to see gun game back. Nothing changed to get me personally back in the game however.

On to the next update!

Edit: I'm sorry but is this real????
"FN SCAR 17: Slight increase in ADS time...."

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Great update and nice to see gun game back. Nothing changed to get me personally back in the game however.

On to the next update!

Edit: I'm sorry but is this real????
"FN SCAR 17: Slight increase in ADS time...."

Hopefully somebody like XlusiveAce can test it but a lot of the time when they claim they have increased the ADS the change is so minor it doesn't end up making a difference at 60fps.

If that's the case with this and it says they have also reduced the drawbacks of the barrel attachments it may end up being an okay buff but it definitely needs more.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Maybe its a machine in close quarter Combat? I cant even explain this...could be a buff?

Edit: where is the guy who usually post the patch notes ?
Scar is probably one of the worst guns in the entire game and that's a nerf you can try it yourself. The gun already had a horrible ADS time and it's even worse running same attachments that I had on it before. The only way to get acceptable ADS time is to take the stock off, stippled grip and the close quarters barrel and now you're left with a trash hybrid SMG / AR that has recoil and a 20 round mag.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty amazing. Fix a typo that happens to be in a resource bundle in a data segment that otherwise doesn't need fixing? That's another gigabyte. Download the exact same bytes you already had on your computer, plus the typo fix.

I'm not going to claim I have much experience with shipping massive programs like modern video games, but the patch sizes are so absurd that I can't help but think that they definitely fucked up here.

Oct 25, 2017
So despite the notes saying they added stars to Spec-Ops I just ran a mission,
And where the stars should be shown says "coming in November" still.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing specifically addressing the 1X crashing but hopefully it's in the "stability" section. Will find out later when it downloads and installs. God help me if it does not get fixed.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh nice, gun game is definitely a great addition. Will give it a try in a minute. Hoping it's 6v6 and not FFA, though.

Most importantly, the patch removed the new stuff notification (green square) I've had on Armory/Edit loadouts for the past week or so lol. Had no idea what new stuff I was supposed to have.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty amazing. Fix a typo that happens to be in a resource bundle in a data segment that otherwise doesn't need fixing? That's another gigabyte. Download the exact same bytes you already had on your computer, plus the typo fix.

I'm not going to claim I have much experience with shipping massive programs like modern video games, but the patch sizes are so absurd that I can't help but think that they definitely fucked up here.
Yeah I've uninstalled it for now and will come back to it a few weeks after the BR mode has launched. Can't believe I'm saying this but hopefully there will be less frequent updates then lol.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Scar is probably one of the worst guns in the entire game and that's a nerf you can try it yourself. The gun already had a horrible ADS time and it's even worse running same attachments that I had on it before. The only way to get acceptable ADS time is to take the stock off, stippled grip and the close quarters barrel and now you're left with a trash hybrid SMG / AR that has recoil and a 20 round mag.

I think the person who wrote the patch notes had a typo. They are not gonna nerf that gun ,no way.
It should have been "decreased ADS time"

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These patch sizes are out of control. Every time there is a new patch I have to delete some game of my hard disk. At this rate, my PS4 will be a CoD machine as I won't be able to play any other games while that thing is hogging the HDD.

Also, I had to clear out 43 gigs of space to download a 12 gig patch? What the fuck is that about?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey, welcome back, green notification square. Which ones of the dozens of different guns I've used in the past couple of gun game matches are the new unlocks for? Who the fuck knows.

Can you party up like normal free for all? It annoys me when I cant play these fun mode with my friends.

I've been playing alone since day one so I have no idea how partying up is restricted in this game, but I'd wager it's the same as normal FFA. If you can't party up in that, you likely can't party up in gun game either.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol wow

We wanted gameplay tweaks and new maps and the overhaul, and it was just bug fixes

maybe next week
I can't believe i had to download 12GB of shit and felt...nothing. There's no tangible change for this "update."

And here I thought IW was going to take Treyarch's crown as best COD studio. Fat chance. YouTubers are now calling for Treyarch to save everyone.

Friggin' glad we get a Treyarch made game next year. If they wean on the Supply Drop weapons, it should be good.

I can't stand another year of this BS. And I hate it that I have to keep up with it due to my work. Yeesh.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Does spec ops mode level up your guns for MP?

Yes. You get 100xp for a multiplayer kill but only 10xp per Spec Ops kill though.

---

Today I learned that the VTOL is not manually controlled. I always assumed that the player was controlling its guns, didn't realise it's AI-controlled.

If someone deploys a player-controlled killstreak (e.g. Wheelson) is their character still on the map somewhere? If so, what happens if you Kill them while they're using it?