• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Promotional picture
60m5qd884of31.jpg

Note the American flag, also the Devil Dogs faction emblem
Official image released before release:
latest

WarPig skin still has the American flag.

Come release:
WarPig skin is for Wyatt, an Australian Operator on a different faction(WarCom) with Australian flags all on it.
Meanwhile there are 4 American operators with 2-3 being US Marines that could have gotten it..
just makes zero sense.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fukken suck I must have backed out of 50 gunfight matches just because I was losing
I'm 4/5 away from getting that steel curtain unlock
11/12 objectives
I'm praying someone just carries

Last edited:

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
...then what's the point of the Scavenger perk?

It's valuable if you're running another type of weapon. If you're using the Oden, the SCAR, AK, FAL, MP7, or others you are unlikely to encounter people using your bullet class. 5.56 is common because of M4's and 9mm is common because of MP5's and AUGs.

Jan 16, 2019
This game is just plain not fun. Bad visibility, bad maps, people just lock down an area and don't move at all.

would love a true successor to MW2 or even MW3, the arcadey feel to it.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
No it's not. It's an absolute piss take that the game is in the state it is.

Im talking challenges not tracking, losing XP tokens when the game crashes and all the other stuff that is simply broken.

This. It is crystal clear this game is a classic rush job, and Activision need to be held accountable. And you just know there has been a hefty amount of crunch at every studio involved to even get this thing playable at all.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I just witnessed a team of 3 beat a team of 9 on Piccadilly TDM with nothing but hard camping, 725's and killstreaks. Even if we excuse the obvious balancing issue going on here that allowed a full match to play out with a vast team size difference, what I find truly amazing is that a team of 3 individuals still found a way to etch out a convincing victory by doing nothing but camping with OP weapons. They just sat there and blasted people with the 725 as they walked by and their killstreaks did the rest. To their credit they proved at least competent enough to dodge the numerous grenades flying their way, but that's about all. The match was a cakewalk and it was enabled by the core design philosophy.

How is it even possible for the game to launch like this?? If I went back in time and read that description back to someone playing Black Ops, they would think the game I am describing sounds straight up unplayable, and they would be right. If nothing changes, I will be eyeing off the launch of Halo in December with a feverish desire, and this game will be just another tragic story of wasted potential in the face of corporate greed. In a better world, this game would have been delayed by months and have launched a much better experience.

Last edited:

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
People who were for SBMM, Do u still agree?

The idea of having balanced matches appeals to me. That 200 x 190 score on dom is super exciting.

However, the way it seems to work is like there are only two brackets, at least for my skill level. I either dominate the match or I can barely move without getting wrecked. If that is the SBMM, it is a very poor implementation.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
No it's not. It's an absolute piss take that the game is in the state it is.

Im talking challenges not tracking, losing XP tokens when the game crashes and all the other stuff that is simply broken.

Yeah this is where I'm at. I can live with balance issues -- the weapons are almost in a good spot and I think a lot of the complaints are overblown -- if the game works and is fun to play (which I think it is, when it works), but there are too many systems that are fucked right now.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
HC modes bugged for anyone else on PC? Sometimes I get the meta feedback when I hit and killed an enemy, like +100/headshot/etc. Sometimes it's not shown as it's supposed to be. Really strange and destroys the purpose of HC for me.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I think i'm done until they fix the matchmaking. First week i had plenty of games where i felt like I was on a roll and my kd was about 1.75 or so i think. Which i was happy with as i had not really played cod in quite some time. However since that first week my kd has been dropping ever so steadily and the matchups have gotten worse and worse. Instead of feeling like I have gotten better at the game it feels like i'm starting to lose my touch. My kd is at 1.09 now and i feel like it's only a matter of time before i go negative.

I guess it doesn't help me that I don't play with the meta (been running around with the MK2 for the past few days) and playing the objectives doesn't help me either.

I feel like score rewarded for kills should be reduced in objective based games because it's just annoying when you have a ton of caps (and even more deaths) yet some asshole that has the 1 cap from the start of the game is at the top of the board because he has been camping and calling in killstreaks the entire game. It just infuriates me that the game rewards such play and i feel like i'm only screwing myself over by playing the objective.

My win lose ratio is 1.31 and i feel like it should have been so much higher if my playing the objective actually mattered most of the time. Sadly you Can't turn the tide if you and maybe one other player are actively playing the objective while the rest is acting like they are playing team deathmatch.

.. Sorry for the rant

Edit: i feel like a better matchmaking system would be one where the teams are balanced instead of forcing every individual to be of the same skill.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
I think i'm done until they fix the matchmaking. First week i had plenty of games where i felt like I was on a roll and my kd was about 1.75 or so i think. Which i was happy with as i had not really played cod in quite some time. However since that first week my kd has been dropping ever so steadily and the matchups have gotten worse and worse. Instead of feeling like I have gotten better at the game it feels like i'm starting to lose my touch. My kd is at 1.09 now and i feel like it's only a matter of time before i go negative.

I guess it doesn't help me that I don't play with the meta (been running around with the MK2 for the past few days) and playing the objectives doesn't help me either.

I feel like score rewarded for kills should be reduced in objective based games because it's just annoying when you have a ton of caps (and even more deaths) yet some asshole that has the 1 cap from the start of the game is at the top of the board because he has been camping and calling in killstreaks the entire game. It just infuriates me that the game rewards such play and i feel like i'm only screwing myself over by playing the objective.

My win lose ratio is 1.31 and i feel like it should have been so much higher if my playing the objective actually mattered most of the time. Sadly you Can't turn the tide if you and maybe one other player are actively playing the objective while the rest is acting like they are playing team deathmatch.

.. Sorry for the rant

We need more rants like this. This is the most bullshit game ever mate and I totally feel you. Maps are disturbingly bad, matchmaking supposedly should be competitive but everyone on the other team destroys the rest of my team rendering me helpless.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've given up playing normal MP, I can't do it, ground war is perfectly acceptable, only problem is lack of map variety

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I've given up playing normal MP, I can't do it, ground war is perfectly acceptable, only problem is lack of map variety

Even groundwar suffers from the same problem. I have been in games where the enemy called in a defcon on us within minutes because most of my team was sitting on a fucking skyscraper (roof above D) and they didnt even come down to recap the flags we just lost.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

I think the only game mode I really enjoy playing is Gunfight. But I'd really love more variety in the guns and also let us keep the camos we have assigned to those guns. Like if a MP5 showed up, let it show the camo that I have assigned to it in my loadouts.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
We need more rants like this. This is the most bullshit game ever mate and I totally feel you. Maps are disturbingly bad, matchmaking supposedly should be competitive but everyone on the other team destroys the rest of my team rendering me helpless.

Yeah, like I noted in my edit, I feel like it would be so much better if they focused on having balanced teams instead. Have players of varying skill levels just make sure the other team has the same.

Fuhgeddit I think gunfight is the single gameplay mode that I have nothing bad to say about. Definitely the best mode in the game.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I smell a lot of salt in here. Game is near perfect for me, exactly what I expected from a CoD. Some maps are lame, but everything else works well!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, like I noted in my edit, I feel like it would be so much better if they focused on having balanced teams instead. Have players of varying skill levels just make sure the other team has the same.

Fuhgeddit I think gunfight is the single gameplay mode that I have nothing bad to say about. Definitely the best mode in the game.

Yep, I have really nothing bad to say. My qualms like I've mentioned above are so minor for it... but it's a game mode i went to play last night after regular MP and well, I had so much fun. Even won a 1 v 2 in 10 rounds.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just witnessed a team of 3 beat a team of 9 on Piccadilly TDM with nothing but hard camping, 725's and killstreaks. Even if we excuse the obvious balancing issue going on here that allowed a full match to play out with a vast team size difference, what I find truly amazing is that a team of 3 individuals still found a way to etch out a convincing victory by doing nothing but camping with OP weapons. They just sat there and blasted people with the 725 as they walked by and their killstreaks did the rest. To their credit they proved at least competent enough to dodge the numerous grenades flying their way, but that's about all. The match was a cakewalk and it was enabled by the core design philosophy.

How is it even possible for the game to launch like this?? If I went back in time and read that description back to someone playing Black Ops, they would think the game I am describing sounds straight up unplayable, and they would be right. If nothing changes, I will be eyeing off the launch of Halo in December with a feverish desire, and this game will be just another tragic story of wasted potential in the face of corporate greed. In a better world, this game would have been delayed by months and have launched a much better experience.
How's it even possible for a team lose like that you mean?

you never heard of smoke? Flash bangs? Frags? Etc

Piccadilly is a small ass map how did you not figure how to counter them? I imagine you call just kept following the same paths

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I smell a lot of salt in here. Game is near perfect for me, exactly what I expected from a CoD. Some maps are lame, but everything else works well!

Why does criticism always get written off as just people being salty or "he must just be a bad player"? I'm almost level 130, if i was just being salty then i would have quit ages ago. Its just that the game is not in a good state right now and it's being played in a way that does not help it at all. I'm done having sweaty matches, especially those where i'm busting my balls off just to have it end without my contribution having really meant anything because the rest of the team is doing nothing.

I actually feel that I have had more influence over a game of Conquest in Battlefield than i have in the objective based modes in this game.

Imagine a game of hardpoint where you have 3 minutes on the point while most teammates are sitting on 15 secs with the exception of maybe one other dude. It just sucks fucking ass and it feels like i'm wasting my time.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree, a lot of bad players on here who can't admit they just suck at the game and need to improve. I've never once camped on this game and I can't relate to any of the posters here

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
while I get some of the complains, I feel liek the most glaring issue is just the maps

I hate almost all of them so much, they just suck. Right now im just enjoying that shoothouse 24-7 mode because its just a dumb close quater map, but its fun to play.

for the matchmaking tbh, this is a shooter, in every game its like this... sometimes you get matched and smash some ass, other times you're the one that gets smashed... its like that in every shooter like battlefield too, I dont understand the complaints tbh

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
while I get some of the complains, I feel liek the most glaring issue is just the maps

I hate almost all of them so much, they just suck. Right now im just enjoying that shoothouse 24-7 mode because its just a dumb close quater map, but its fun to play.

for the matchmaking tbh, this is a shooter, in every game its like this... sometimes you get matched and smash some ass, other times you're the one that gets smashed... its like that in every shooter like battlefield too, I dont understand the complaints tbh

Same, that is the only regular map that I am enjoying a lot at the moment.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Those not understanding the matchmaking complaints must not have reached a certain level or bracket yet or maybe they are just playing different modes altogether.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even groundwar suffers from the same problem. I have been in games where the enemy called in a defcon on us within minutes because most of my team was sitting on a fucking skyscraper (roof above D) and they didnt even come down to recap the flags we just lost.

Yeah that's happens to me too, both ends of the spectrum, but SBMM is a lot more forgiving in GW compared to normal MP modes.
The game must think I'm amazing with the players it's putting me against.

I think the only game mode I really enjoy playing is Gunfight. But I'd really love more variety in the guns and also let us keep the camos we have assigned to those guns. Like if a MP5 showed up, let it show the camo that I have assigned to it in my loadouts.

You mean an mp5 you pick up off the floor? Nah, half the fun is seeing other people's guns

Oct 27, 2017
Finally platinumed the game last night. Campaign was good, still prefer the original MW campaigns but I'm hoping the sequel to this brings some of the crazy intensity of MW2. Get Lorne Balfe back to score it again, would be awesome.

Also, I was a little bummed there was no Intel to find in the campaign. Even though most of the time it was just a collectathon, it was kind of a tradition every year for me to go through the campaign and try to search every nook and cranny for the intel locations.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's happens to me too, both ends of the spectrum, but SBMM is a lot more forgiving in GW compared to normal MP modes.
The game must think I'm amazing with the players it's putting me against.

You mean an mp5 you pick up off the floor? Nah, half the fun is seeing other people's guns

No, I mean when you start off with a gun, if i have a camo on it in regular MP, let it apply in gunfight. All camos are off in gunfight...

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point with cod culture you need to be high and drunk to really really enjoy this game full blast and just not care about losing & dying ALOT

Also that steel curtain unlock is insane I lost gunfight matches maybe like 50 times before I finally won 5 matches
Im like .75 k/d and it made like the next 10 TDM matches I was steam rolling people getting 40kills and like 10 deaths
SBMM IS REAL EE NEED RANKED PLAYLISTS