• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The only realistic thing I can do playing this game is running the MP5, M4 or the 725. No experimentation allowed, no fun allowed.
I go out of my way to not use any of these weapons and I do just fine. Don't lock yourself into this mentality. Most of the weapons in the game are viable.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I've had plenty of success with experimentation. PKM and AUG in particular, and the first auto shotgun you get. Though I think there's a much bigger gap in this game between weapons with higher level unlocks vs the base weapons than past CoD's I've played, so some weapons you have to suffer a bit before they're really competitive.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
For whatever reason this game made me want to try some of the other Call of Dutys I missed out on so i decided to buy WW2. I was worried I was gonna get slaughtered since everyone is leveled up and had been playing for so long. Did team deathmatch for a couple hours last night and was either 1st or 2nd place every match. It was the weirdest fucking thing. Felt like I was playing on easy mode compared to the multiplayer in Modern Warfare LOL

This is the first CoD that I can't get a positive KD in. It blows my mind, I could keep a 2+ in every game from CoD 4 to Blops 4. This years MW though? Nah, .79. Shit makes no sense to me. The maps are garbage and I don't stand still which is part of the problem but it shouldn't be this bad.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first CoD that I can't get a positive KD in. It blows my mind, I could keep a 2+ in every game from CoD 4 to Blops 4. This years MW though? Nah, .79. Shit makes no sense to me. The maps are garbage and I don't stand still which is part of the problem but it shouldn't be this bad.

It's because you are not a true warrior. You are rigid like the strong oak while it is the humble reed that triumphs in the storm of battle.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Why hasn't the M13 gotten more love as one of the better guns in the game? Have you guys tried it out? Its amazing.

- High fire rate
- Accurate even without attachments
- Has great attachments available early on in the Smith
- Kills quick enough to be competitive with everything except the 725
- Looks great

I unlocked it last night and expected it to be meh since I hadn't heard anyone talk about it and now it's replaced the Kilo as my go to "I wanna actually try" gun.
I roll with the MP5 and 725 more often than not, but the M13 is my go-to AR now. It feels like a laser beam. Barely any recoil.

I need to grind it and get more unlocks so I can drop the stock and turn it into an SMG.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Getting the hang of using the MK2, had some sweet short range collaterals. Just wish it was more consistent. Having to deal with chest shots that are somehow not a one hit kill makes me lose too many battles. I'm also experiencing too many ghost bullets while using it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I roll with the MP5 and 725 more often than not, but the M13 is my go-to AR now. It feels like a laser beam. Barely any recoil.

I need to grind it and get more unlocks so I can drop the stock and turn it into an SMG.
No offense but I'm kind of tired of everyone running overkill with the 725. Overkill needs to be in the same perk slot as Ghost in order to force people to choose between the two. Because right now being able to run Overkill with Ghost while also carrying the most powerful weapon in the game is just too much.

But yeah the M13 is a laser. I can't wait to see how ridiculous I can make it on i get more attachments.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
No offense but I'm kind of tired of everyone running overkill with the 725. Overkill needs to be in the same perk slot as Ghost in order to force people to choose between the two. Because right now being able to run Overkill with Ghost while also carrying the most powerful weapon in the game is just too much.

But yeah the M13 is a laser. I can't wait to see how ridiculous I can make it on i get more attachments.
Oh yeah I agree with you, that gun is stupid as hell. I just feel like I'm at a disadvantage without it

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
After reaching the max rank and getting 4 golden guns I feel like I can predict the future on some of these maps. There is something weirdly satisfying about tossing C4 in a known camping position and getting a double. Also, a great way to decamp folks that hide behind doors; stun and flash grenades open doors after detonating, so I'll toss one and then toss a semtex/C4 through the door to clear any mines. It's made rushing less anxiety ridding. I've also begun using more snipers in regular matchmaking and its really refreshing after *checks notes* 50+ hours of ARs, SMGs, and 725.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I do to, but I just can't bring myself to use it. I tried it out and leveled it to 14 but I felt like I was basically cheating and i can't play like that. It's why i don't use the M4 either.
The R9-0 is a pretty solid alternative. I'd almost say it's better for hectic maps like Shoothouse when you need to reload a ton.
Getting the hang of using the MK2, had some sweet short range collaterals. Just wish it was more consistent. Having to deal with chest shots that are somehow not a one hit kill makes me lose too many battles. I'm also experiencing too many ghost bullets while using it.
The MK2 is my favorite gun in the game, but I just suck with it. If that first shot doesn't kill, you're almost doomed right there.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
What feels like the more stable gun, Kilo or M13? I'm looking for something close to the acr from MW2.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Euphrates Bridges is one of the worst designed maps I've ever seen in a FPS. Everything is so wrong.

It's hard for me to imagine that some people actually playtested and validated it.

It's legit one of the worst maps I've ever played in my life. Would not object to seeing it just outright deleted from existence.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
The MK2 is my favorite gun in the game, but I just suck with it. If that first shot doesn't kill, you're almost doomed right there.

It feels so fucking good when it does what it's supposed to do but sadly it's very inconsistent. I tried making it a bit more inconsistent by using FMJs but it doesn't really seem to change anything.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017

Not having to worry about campers is such a blast. I was playing at Midnight so I was suprised there seemed to be a decent amount of people online. Guess I'll just play that whenever I need a break from time to time

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Havent played in a week or so, got some updates, the M4 seems to take additional shots to kill now, did they nerf it?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Why hasn't the M13 gotten more love as one of the better guns in the game? Have you guys tried it out? Its amazing.

- High fire rate
- Accurate even without attachments
- Has great attachments available early on in the Smith
- Kills quick enough to be competitive with everything except the 725
- Looks great

I unlocked it last night and expected it to be meh since I hadn't heard anyone talk about it and now it's replaced the Kilo as my go to "I wanna actually try" gun.
Probably because IW thought it was smart to make the M4 a better version of the M13 (and Kilo) in every way but fire rate, then decided to give every player a blueprint with several high level unlocks.

Even with the M4 nerf there's no reason to use the M13 over it outside of variety.
Personally I enjoy the gun, but the fire rate just means I run out of ammo much faster.

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody get that annoying bug where you join a in progress game and there are friendly death skulls permanently stuck on the map? So annoying.

Nov 16, 2017
The achievement works now. I had previously beaten all spec ops and the achievement popped when I rebeat one of them.

edit: re-reading your comment. The reason the achievement was at 0% was because it was glitched. Not because they were unbeaten. The spec ops are not too bad if you work together. It is important to keep someone safe and away from the battle during certain hard parts to act as a respawner. Shields are important and everyone should roll medic.
Can confirm. He dragged me to victory.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Probably because IW thought it was smart to make the M4 a better version of the M13 (and Kilo) in every way but fire rate, then decided to give every player a blueprint with several high level unlocks.

Even with the M4 nerf there's no reason to use the M13 over it outside of variety.
Personally I enjoy the gun, but the fire rate just means I run out of ammo much faster.
Yeah I'm hoping that once the M4 and 725 are properly balanced that the gun variety becomes alot more varied.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Yeah I'm hoping that once the M4 and 725 are properly balanced that the gun variety becomes alot more varied.
I think the tragedy here is that there aren't many (any?) bad guns.
I've had decent success with everything I've tried, and that's a first for the COD series. Everything feels usable and lethal.

But yeah, the 725, M4, and now MP5 are just straight-up overpowered and killing gun diversity.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I have a bug maybe someone can help me with?

In my Missions tab, I have a mission to "Kill 20 players with equipment". I completed this challenge, I even have the calling card from it.

However,

My screen still shows me on this step, despite it being labelled 20/20 on the bar and having received credit. The next step is something like capture 20 flags in Ground War. But when I tab over to it, it asks me to complete the last step before I can do it. But I have completed the last step!

I've tried killing someone with equipment and capturing a flag in ground war to see if it was just a visual bu and would advance, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Had a Ground War game were the first 10-20 people on enemy scoreboard was level +110. how in the hell.

How is this possible in a 64 players game mode and crossplay. That is not random at all

Edit: got nuked baby

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands

Everyone obsessed about an overhaul that might not even appear

Yeah it's getting pretty dire, they should at the very least make some kind of statement on SBMM. It has become this enormous entitity that's getting blamed for everything, and while i think alot of the problems that people are experiencing might have to do with a too strict SBMM, there are also plenty of problems that have nothing to do with SBMM.

The silence is driving the community mad.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's getting pretty dire, they should at the very least make some kind of statement on SBMM. It has become this enormous entitity that's getting blamed for everything, and while i think alot of the problems that people are experiencing might have to do with a too strict SBMM, there are also plenty of problems that have nothing to do with SBMM.

The silence is driving the community mad.

My thoughts are that they are waiting to release a large patch soon that may address some or most of the concerns and will talk about it at that time. There is no point admitting mistakes on the internet when people will just continue to rip them and the game apart. I would assume they want to release a fix before talking or addressing the issues. I think people tend to forget how much work it takes to make and test these changes and just assume it's a flip of a switch to get it done. I know some people prefer reassurance that they are being heard, but there are a lot of assholes and trolls out there looking to just make people feel bad.

Edit: I think Fortnite spoiled a generation of gamers to make it seem normal to have massive changes happen weekly without realizing the negative impact it has on these teams and employees.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
ive recently been using it and am kind of confused about it as well. is there a certain range where its OHK? because it sure doesnt feel like it. shot placement on the body? well thats inconsistent too. i just run it with amped so i can switch to my pistol for the follow up shot.

yeeeep. ive been giving the m13 a fair shake and there just isnt a reason to use it over the m4.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
My thoughts are that they are waiting to release a large patch soon that may address some or most of the concerns and will talk about it at that time. There is no point admitting mistakes on the internet when people will just continue to rip them and the game apart. I would assume they want to release a fix before talking or addressing the issues. I think people tend to forget how much work it takes to make and test these changes and just assume it's a flip of a switch to get it done. I know some people prefer reassurance that they are being heard, but there are a lot of assholes and trolls out there looking to just make people feel bad.

I hope you are right about them being busy fixing it however i'm not sure if i agree with you about there being no point in them making a statement about it. They are already getting ripped apart over it and i don't see how a statement, meant to reassure people, could make things worse.

As i said it has already become this big entity with people losing their minds over it. A statement will do more good than bad imo.

Last edited:

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you are right about then being busy fixing it however i'm not sure if 8 agree with you about there being no point in them making a statement about it. They are already getting ripped apart over it and i don't see how a statement, meant to reassure people, could make things worse.

As i already said it has already become this big entity with people losing their minds over it. A statement will do more good than bad imo.

I hope they are working on something big. It's just based on loose rumours from Reddit and what not, so we will wait and see.

I get both sides, but they have clearly picked the silence approach until they have a patch.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I hope they are working on something big. It's just based on loose rumours from Reddit and what not, so we will wait and see.

I get both sides, but they have clearly picked the silence approach until they have a patch.

I hope so too and yeah they have definitely gone with the silent approach. I just don't think that has been the right move.

Oct 27, 2017
Well then my feelings have been confirmed as i wasnt noticing any difference. It's a bit misleading then because the damage gauge shows an increase.

It's mostly for increasing damage against killstreaks and vehicles. I also never understood why it shows a damage increase in the stats but then again the stats never made sense in CoD to begin with.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
mp5 with integral suppressor and m13 with .300 blackout rounds basically make you undetectable at range since they both have no bullet trails ( all other suppressed guns have trails and you can see where they came from most of the time you get one shot in HC when it zooms out to the 3rd person deathcam for a half second

Matches are taking longer to find for me these days, really sticks out when you have only 2 modes selected with the filter and wait there for 2 entire minutes for a match, its not like its finding a brand new match, I still get stuck in ongoing games all the time

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I can't explain why but this game absolutely has its hooks in me. Haven't played a CoD game like this since BO2. Maybe it's because I've had a bit more free time in the last few weeks to really dig in but I'm fully down the rabbit hole. About to get gold on the Oden which is the kind of thing I never thought I'd be doing again in a CoD game.