• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
This is incredible 🤣

Maybe they should stop making bad design decisions, for a start.

My patience with game devs making constant questionable design decisions is at its limit
Lmao. "WHEN I SPRINT AROUND CORNERS I GET SHOT IN THE FACE! FIX THIS!" Or slow your shit and play smart. Maybe ADS around corners a bit?

Actually, the more I rewatch that clip...that's a pretty smart spot to camp. Good on that player.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Lmao. "WHEN I SPRINT AROUND CORNERS I GET SHOT IN THE FACE! FIX THIS!" Or slow your shit and play smart. Maybe ADS around corners a bit?

Actually, the more I rewatch that clip...that's a pretty smart spot to camp. Good on that player.

Actually if u look closely she activated Dead Silence before she "rushed" . The Camper is using Ghost ( surprise) and lmao i dont know how slowing shit down will help in that situation, the camper is using that invisible cloak from Harry Potter.

Oct 26, 2017
Actually if u look closely she activated Dead Silence before she "rushed" . The Camper is using Ghost ( surprise) and lmao i dont know how slowing shit down will help in that situation, the camper is using that invisible cloak from Harry Potter.
I just can't understand why that guy is so upset about that situation. Now in the future, he knows to throw a grenade in there.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is the issue that the person behind the cloth is able to see the person running in and the person running in can't see them? I can't really tell based on the crappy twitter quality.

I've seen much worse things like all the areas in the map where your body can clip through buildings and you get shot through the wall as a result.

Oct 26, 2017
Is the issue that the person behind the cloth is able to see the person running in and the person running in can't see them? I can't really tell based on the crappy twitter quality.

I've seen much worse things like all the areas in the map where your body can clip through buildings and you get shot through the wall as a result.
The player behind the blanket can see through a hole in it, and the other player can see him too. But when sitting still, he blends in and can't really spot him easily.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
If the closet door is closed 1 minute or more into the match, someone is camping in there because no one jumps out of that window. I had the same shit happen to me so now if the door is closed I peek, toss a grenade and move on. Don't go in the closet.

Oct 26, 2017
Its not only that situation . He said that some bad decisions were made. And i agree with that.

Hey, lets playtest this paid beta together so we can enjoy the F2P Battle Royale later. ( Now i know why this footsteps are so loud )
Then he needs to post videos of said "bad decisions" and not post the shit that's not a big deal, like a smart player hiding behind a blanket, looking through a hole. Camping? Sure. Bad decision? Ehhh.

If the closet door is closed 1 minute or more into the match, someone is camping in there because no one jumps out of that window. I had the same shit happen to me so now if the door is closed I peek, toss a grenade and move on. Don't go in the closet.
Same. I toss a flash or regular grenade, but go in, kill if need be, then setup camp myself for a minute and pop people out the window.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
What about adding Windows which u can open and Close since we have doors now?

I want Them to be louder than the VTOL if they are getting opened up or getting closed

Edit: after opening manually let them getting closed after 5 Seconds automatically. Always

Edit nr.2 : im having a flashback of the cs_assault door lmao.

Last edited:

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017

The purpose of the clip was to showcase how much the design promotes camping, not about how one can't blindly run around.

I swear some of y'all are purposely being obtuse. No damn reason for these arguments to be looping back in circles. 🙄

Oct 26, 2017
The purpose of the clip was to showcase how much the design promotes camping, not about how one can't blindly run around.

I swear some of y'all are purposely being obtuse. No damn reason for these arguments to be looping back in circles. 🙄
These arguments are going to loop because not everyone agrees it is a camp fest, or they don't agree it is that big of an issue.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
They need to seriously take the L on Piccadilly and remove it from the game lol. Instant exit before the game even starts for me or leave if I get sent into one.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
These arguments are going to loop because not everyone agrees it is a camp fest, or they don't agree it is that big of an issue.
It is fine to disagree, but regurgitating the same thing after counter arguments are presented is what I'm getting at. Throwing out dismissal "just flash them" or "just run x gun" posts when the problem isn't about how people are dying but the metagame itself shows how people aren't reading or just being disingenuous.

Oct 26, 2017
It is fine to disagree, but regurgitating the same thing after counter arguments are presented is what I'm getting at. Throwing out dismissal "just flash them" or "just run x gun" posts when the problem isn't about how people are dying but the metagame itself shows how people aren't reading or just being disingenuous.
You say it is fine to disagree while telling me the manner in which I should or shouldn't disagree in a thread that is 197 pages in length because others have already done so. If there were no ways to deal with campers, then we have an issue. But that isn't the case. If 50% of players in games were camping, we would have an issue. But they aren't. So, when a tweet is posted where a player is grumpy because they got killed once by a player behind a blanket in a match where the majority of players probably weren't camping, yeah. I'm gonna suggest they respawn, toss a grenade next time, and move on, because the camping meta, if there is one, isn't a terrible thing.

I'm outty.

Oct 29, 2017
How the hell do the people designing the online portion of this game ever have jobs? How the fuck am I constantly spawning right in front if enemies? I can literally see where my enemy is coming because of the stupid spawn in animation, my character has to do his stupid gun check animation, I cant do anything about it. Absolutely embarassing, pathetic shit.

If I didnt love the gunplay so much I would have written this off as another trash Call of Duty. I just need to vent, this is fucking ridiculous. Amateur hour

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
this shit made me laugh so hard i cried...THIS SAFE SPACE EVEN HAS A LIL PEEP HOLE LMFAO
And ironically because nameplates are buggy, his name showed through the curtain.
Nameplates are one of those things every COD has gotten right but somehow it's a step back here. From thin materials not occluding enemy nameplates (e.g. this curtain and the phone booth on Picadilly), to friendly nameplates showing over enemies. It's really bad.

Kotto

Nov 3, 2017
You say it is fine to disagree while telling me the manner in which I should or shouldn't disagree in a thread that is 197 pages in length because others have already done so. If there were no ways to deal with campers, then we have an issue. But that isn't the case. If 50% of players in games were camping, we would have an issue. But they aren't. So, when a tweet is posted where a player is grumpy because they got killed once by a player behind a blanket in a match where the majority of players probably weren't camping, yeah. I'm gonna suggest they respawn, toss a grenade next time, and move on, because the camping meta, if there is one, isn't a terrible thing.

I'm outty.

Lmao, where is this 50 percent coming from? You got some counter that knows how many? 😂

Anyways, if you have been following anything in this thread, someone already pointed out how there are plenty of proper equipment for defensive play that works really well, but you only get one grenade and one tactical and that's it. Good luck if they're running Battle Hardened. Play Tactically™ and they're going to hear you coming. No one is saying it is impossible, they just know it isn't in their favor. The problem is the game favors exactly what's shown in the video; highly defensive play with little to no movement.

But sure, plethora of posts ITT and abroad on every platform of people saying why its a problem and you and others in here want to plug ears or post low-key posts about people just being trash when constructive criticism is shown. It's all gucci, live your life.

By the way that match was in the last minute, and no team was even at 60...so yea I'm going to say that game had majority of players camping. How poetic.

Riot Shields are a cancer upon Cyber Attack and Search and Destroy

You must have played in one of my lobbies because that is what half us are doing and the other three are there as buffers lol

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I know you are asking about Party Chat, but I'd like to mention that PC has its fair share of issues. For example, the campaign cutscenes stutter causing video and audio desync. Also, I am currently part of a very small group from which the PC version restarts your whole computer when loading a MP match. None of these issues have been issued yet.
I heard about the cutscene issues a couple of days ago. Are these still not fixed? Ah, man. :(

TicketToTokyo

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody else feel these maps weren't designed with Deatmatch in mind? I only play Domination, Headquarters and Hardpoint and I really like most of these maps for those game modes but not having an objective to funnel players around them it just becomes a clusterfuck.

Oh and Infinity Ward put out a couple of map overviews where they breakdown each one by their discrete zones. They have one for Gun Runner and Shoot House, thought they were neat.

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-11/Modern-Warfare-Tactical-Map-Intel-Gun-Runner
https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-11/Modern-Warfare-Tactical-Map-Intel-Shoot-House

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Throw Hackney yard on as a shitty spawn trap garbage map as well.

Gunrunner is like the only good map in this game really, and maybe Shoothouse.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I'm so sick of the SBMM at this point that I don't even want to play anymore. Not every game needs to feel like an eSports qualifier.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of the SBMM at this point that I don't even want to play anymore. Not every game needs to feel like an eSports qualifier.

I played some shoot house 24/7 (KC/Dom/TDM) last night and I have to say I've never felt SBMM on that level until those few games, it's the only games I felt I had to switch classes because I was getting stomped and stood no chance, it was insane, I was deleted before I even knew where I was getting shot from.

I ended up going to ground war in the end where I had a much more casual experience.