• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how anyone finds the lobby system desirable over previous entries because due to the way matchmaking works in this iteration, I keep getting placed in 60+/70ms lobbies.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Ground War need a map selector filter. The new map it utterly awful yet I keep playing it. Literally just back out every time it comes up now.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is there any particular reason why the game removes your ability to leave a game after the match is over and then forces you to watch the ending killcam? Because I can literally close the application, start it up again, and be in matchmaking again in the time that it takes the game to show the killcam and the final scoreboard.

The match is over. Let me leave if I want leave. There is literally no reason whatsoever to force me to stay in the lobby. Stop making me waste time in lobbies that i don't want be in anymore.
Especially considering even if you stay you won't be in the same lobby. That's not something I care about personally but I know a lot of people do.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Is there any particular reason why the game removes your ability to leave a game after the match is over and then forces you to watch the ending killcam? Because I can literally close the application, start it up again, and be in matchmaking again in the time that it takes the game to show the killcam and the final scoreboard.

The match is over. Let me leave if I want leave. There is literally no reason whatsoever to force me to stay in the lobby. Stop making me waste time in lobbies that i don't want be in anymore.
Social peacocking swag moment for all the cosmetic widgets you'll be able to slap on your operator eventually

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I wish I could agree. I feel like the team/lobby balancing is the worst it's been in years, so many games are absolutely stompfests in MW.
This has not been my experience. Mostly on kill based gamemodes it's entirely even on scores untill maybe a killstreak gets called in or what not.

I feel like games are almost always lopsided, and I somehow have the terrible luck of always being a top/good player on the team that has zero chance of winning. It is beyond frustrating. The other day I played for two hours, and my team one exactly one game. I always go for the objectives.

On objective gamemodes like Dom or HQ, I agree. People tend to go for kills instead of the objective and that way a team can get stomped objective wise. However skill wise the teams (at least for me) have always been fair.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Search is so annoying, I can crush it and get 15+ kills every game and my team are clueless knobs who are shit and they just leave me 1v5 constantly and we lose 6-1 or 6-2.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Does anyone else get a slight drift on the left stick, playing on the Xbox one x?

This and Outer Worlds are the only games it happens on. And I have tried it with my older older controller and my brand new one.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed. I just got this game yesterday.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could agree. I feel like the team/lobby balancing is the worst it's been in years, so many games are absolutely stompfests in MW.
I actually think it's been much better. In 20+ hours of play, I've only been in two matches that I can remember that felt lopsided in terms of skill, which I can't say the same for about other COD games.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Oh you were on shoot house? Then yeah that definitely happens. Trash map is gonna lead to trash games.

Shoot House is fun with a few friends on objective modes. Often other team is trying to grind kills and not play the objective. As you and your friends are talking and calling stuff out, then they often don't get the kills and lose on the objective side too.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, getting Shield turret kills sucks ass. I hate just sitting there waiting, so boring. Also is there a bug with the turret where it drifts in a direction? Seems to happen a lot.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, getting Shield turret kills sucks ass. I hate just sitting there waiting, so boring. Also is there a bug with the turret where it drifts in a direction? Seems to happen a lot.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that officer challenge.

Do you at least have protection? I feel like you're a sitting duck using that thing

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I actually think it's been much better. In 20+ hours of play, I've only been in two matches that I can remember that felt lopsided in terms of skill, which I can't say the same for about other COD games.

Pretty wild how different our experiences have been. I almost want to say that MOST of my games have been lopsided as all hell, no matter what game mode or map.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not looking forward to that officer challenge.

Do you at least have protection? I feel like you're a sitting duck using that thing

Yeah I mean, I try to set up claymores but it gets to a point where you find a good spot, and then the game goes on and the spawns flip, then you just get shot in the back a lot regardless. Sometimes its hard to get it into a vantage point since it doesnt let you place if there are obstructions. Its just a godamn slog to play with. I really really hate the way they setup challenges, I've posted about it a lot, but godamn its so stupid. Nobody wants to concentrate on one shitty part of a challenge over and over again.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Today I saw a console player use text chat for the first time and in typical cod fashion used it to insult someone's mom.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, can't decide between PC or PS4 version due to the party chat...

I play with a frien on PC mostly. You can set audio in the options, to "Mute all but Friends" or "Mute all but party" So its basically like party chat. Can always hear him(even during load screens), until one of us gets booted from the party. If that helps at all.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I play on PC with people on both PS4 and Xbox. It does suck not having a party but if you just go into the in-game settings you can mute everyone not in your party so its basically in-game party chat cross-platform.
I play with a frien on PC mostly. You can set audio in the options, to "Mute all but Friends" or "Mute all but party" So its basically like party chat. Can always hear him(even during load screens), until one of us gets booted from the party. If that helps at all.
Thanks for the reply. Will keep that in mind, but how is sound quality?
Using the in game voice chat in the beta wasn't the greatest experience and we quickly went back to Party Chat.

In the meantime I went ahead and bought the PC version since I got a new Ultra Wide Freesync screen to test it on.
Already got the PS4 version a couple days ago still shrinkwrapped though, so could still return it. Will see how it goes.
Actually forgot that I don't even have a PC mic, so might just power on the PS4 while playing the PC version and still use Party Chat that way. Shame that it's not possible to use the PS App for that.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Why should you be punished for leaving early (recorded as a loss) in a game where you are forced to join late? Let me join this Headquarters match where the score is 120-0 and there is a Chopper gunner and harrier in the air and I have two teammates. Oh let me just quit out of that and get my record dinged for a loss...
Why is joining Free for All late allowed at all? Seriously, plop me into a match where someone is already up 15? How is that fun?

Also, is the hacking equipment broken for everyone else? Every time I approach a claymore or mine, I have to initiate the hack twice. The first time, when I get the on screen prompt it just cancels, I need to move my character again to get the prompt to show once more, then I can hack it.

Last, the Engineer perk or whatever needs major tweaking. I can never see stuff through walls. The outline is so faint. I might as well not run it because I still get blindsided by mines etc. Why this was changed from past titles I have no idea.

Oct 27, 2017
Why this was changed from past titles I have no idea.

This is a question I ask a lot about some of the design decisions in this game. Its really strange how they changed so much and its inferior to COD games that have been out for years and years.

MP7 is currently my current fun gun to mess with. It destroys if you like running and gunning. I was actually able to go positive on picadilly which normally sucks.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost, Overkill and maybe Dead Silence in Perk 2 slot.
But all the good perks are already on Tier 2. :(

Maybe add in Lightweight in other perk 3? Or I dunno, mix it up.I do know they are add
Lol this is coming from someone who is 24/7 on Twitter . Van knew what is he was doing hahaah
Made me remember the old Call of Duty studios war/drama thing. XD

Now that you mention it, yeah, Vahn might be stoking the fires a bit. LOL!
This is a question I ask a lot about some of the design decisions in this game. Its really strange how they changed so much and its inferior to COD games that have been out for years and years.

MP7 is currently my current fun gun to mess with. It destroys if you like running and gunning. I was actually able to go positive on picadilly which normally sucks.
It's been mentioned in this OT repeatedly, but it's like IW just trashed every gameplay evolution the online FPS genre has seen the past 10 years, and went for their own thing without realizinng that maybe (just maybe) the changes made were for the betterment of everyone.

The fact that they went back to Killstreaks again and have objectives in Ground War is just mind boggling. There's a reason why Scorestreaks were implemented and loved by the COD community.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game wants me to execute 8 finishing moves - what's the best way to do this? Any tips? Haven't done this once...

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The scorestreak perk is so dumb and should be the default like it's been for nearly every other COD this gen.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bleh, can't decide between PC or PS4 version due to the party chat...

I know you are asking about Party Chat, but I'd like to mention that PC has its fair share of issues. For example, the campaign cutscenes stutter causing video and audio desync. Also, I am currently part of a very small group from which the PC version restarts your whole computer when loading a MP match. None of these issues have been issued yet.

Won't someone think of the new players!

Imagine if all games catered to the casual audience instead of its long living fanbase.