• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
California
There's gotta be some lag switching type funky business that these "pros" use to get favorable servers, yeah? I swear, I see people the moment they see me, (coming around a corner from opposite sides, for example) and my gun is still coming up by the time I'm shot dead.

Is it because I have great internet? Should I "upload" something on my computer while I search for a match? Is that how I can get lag comp on my side?

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
No accessible multi floor buildings.

Mini map normal.

Remove posting up. Encourages non movement.

Footsteps sorted, ruins SND because you can't rush.

One setting for auto aim.

Remove cross play unless it's equal on PC to console (FPS and Sensitivity settings)

20 for sensitivity too high, put back to 10.

Change colours of maps or people so they're more visible. Rammaza and Azhir Cave examples of terrible blending.

Remove objects that are leanable along with leaning because again, they encourage non movement.

Personally, some things I'd address. This game is unplayable levels of broken at this current time of writing.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
After getting the golden 725 I thought I'd leave Shoot House……….but after playing nothing but Shoot House for the last few days I think I'm realizing that I don't really want to play any of the other maps; which is crazy. Since I filter out TDM I've not even seen some maps such as Palace.

you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
You are not alone

Oct 27, 2017
No accessible multi floor buildings.

Mini map normal.

Remove posting up. Encourages non movement.

Footsteps sorted, ruins SND because you can't rush.

One setting for auto aim.

Remove cross play unless it's equal on PC to console (FPS and Sensitivity settings)

20 for sensitivity too high, put back to 10.

Change colours of maps or people so they're more visible. Rammaza and Azhir Cave examples of terrible blending.

Remove objects that are leanable along with leaning because again, they encourage non movement.

Personally, some things I'd address. This game is unplayable levels of broken at this current time of writing.

My hyperbole sensor is tingling. Are we even playing the same game?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
There's gotta be some lag switching type funky business that these "pros" use to get favorable servers, yeah? I swear, I see people the moment they see me, (coming around a corner from opposite sides, for example) and my gun is still coming up by the time I'm shot dead.

Yep, a lot of this sort of shit going on in the game.

I'm not gonna start counting frames, but the delay between the guy appearing and starting to shoot is like twice longer in the killcam. What a goddamn annoying game.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
COD brings out all the feelings :D people love to hate it

dude waited till I got banned to attack me and
this dudes tripping out and cussing I don't play the obj f this guy and all that.

I play the obj hard as fuck and I'm literally capping and defending flags In the video Clips I posted.

I'm just mind blown and no one called him out this guy even replies with this jewel.

In a perfect world the CoD devs develop some sort of system which can detect if a player is actively playing the objective or not, and if it detects that they aren't doing so temporarily only allows them to play TDM and FFA.

I'm trying to not be hostile but it's hard when people are just talking bullshit. There is an issue on this sight with ganging up on people and it's frustrating.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they have to be paying weapon companies if they're using the actual names of real world guns.
Nope, if you slightly change the model and not use a copyrighted name then you don't have to.

It's why certain guns are weird in this, have weird names and certain have been since Infinite Warfare.

UMP-45 in Infinite
Intervention in Infinite
Galil in BO4

Biggest example of this game is the Desert Eagle, ".50 GS" look at the thumb slides, they are turned the wrong direction in this game.

The Kilo 141 is based on the HK 433
The M13 is actually a Sig MCX
The 680 is a renamed 870

Activision announced around the time of Ghosts release they were ending deals with weapon manufacturers.

It's also why killstreaks like the Pave Low, AC-130, Harrier all got generic names this time.
AC130 and Pave Low models are intentionally off as well.

Last edited:

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yep, a lot of this sort of shit going on in the game.

I'm not gonna start counting frames, but the delay between the guy appearing and starting to shoot is like twice longer in the killcam. What a goddamn annoying game.
Oh hey, basically every game I am in, even though I have open NAT and an average ping of 50.

Today is the day, I fucking quit. The last three days with the constant desync and hitmarkers broke me, I'm done. Knowing IW this will never get fixed, so why even bother. I have played every single game in the series and this has been my personal worst multiplayer experience ever. Ironic considering the fun I had with the beta.

I want my 50 bucks and 40hrs of my life back. Fuck this game. Hard.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Eff it. Going to Uninstall until IW/Activision sort out this 1X Hard Reset issue. Another 3 times in a row. No idea what their QA teams are doing. Obviously playing with their 725's instead of fixing these issues.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eff it. Going to Uninstall until IW/Activision sort out this 1X Hard Reset issue. Another 3 times in a row. No idea what their QA teams are doing. Obviously playing with their 725's instead of fixing these issues.

holy shit they still haven't fixed this ? I went with the ps4 pro version because I was afraid they wouldn't put as much work into the Xbox X version after it ran worse in the beta.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
holy shit they still haven't fixed this ? I went with the ps4 pro version because I was afraid they wouldn't put as much work into the Xbox X version after it ran worse in the beta.
Not everyone seems to have the issue, whatever is causing it. The more it happens, the more I feel IW/Activision put the Xbox version as a secondary because their priorities were elsewhere. Not sure what else explains it.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if anyone's interested but this is a good discussion on the just adapt mentality and all the balance issues in the game from a pub and competitive point of view.

lmao I didn't even realize one of the reasons they made the roads and maps so big was so the stupid tank Kill streaks can move around the map.

no one even uses it and they had to design the maps around those things.

Last edited:

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
dude waited till I got banned to attack me and
this dudes tripping out and cussing I don't play the obj f this guy and all that.

I play the obj hard as fuck and I'm literally capping and defending flags In the video Clips I posted.

I'm just mind blown and no one called him out this guy even replies with this jewel.

I'm trying to not be hostile but it's hard when people are just talking bullshit. There is an issue on this sight with ganging up on people and it's frustrating.
That's pretty lame to be attacked like that. I haven't been reading this thread as much since there's been too much trolling between the side that loves this game and the side that hates it. As much as I've been enjoying the game it's obviously not perfect, and all of the reasonable posters have done a solid job at being able to identify the areas where the game lacks.

For what it's worth I enjoy reading your posts, and it's clear that you know what you're talking about when it comes to CoD. Even if you weren't capping objectives in a game of Domination, it's still useful to have someone play the slayer role. It's much easier for someone to cap a point if another team mate is killing off the enemies that are trying to push. If people in this thread don't understand that then they just haven't played enough CoD

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Does anyone have a solution to the stutters when you respawn in multiplayer?

I wasn't getting it to begin with but I am now. I just did a full, clean re-install of windows lol. Still happenning. Went back to the older Nvidia drivers. I have CODMW set to maximum performance mode but it feels like it isn't getting enough juice ... I don't know. 980ti here but I've read lots of reports from a few weeks ago but no solutions. Read people on AMD with the same issue.

It wasn't happening at all a few days ago :S

This annoying ass thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...e_hard_stutters_on_respawn_have_gotten_worse/

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a solution to the stutters when you respawn in multiplayer?

I wasn't getting it to begin with but I am now. I just did a full, clean re-install of windows lol. Still happenning. Went back to the older Nvidia drivers. I have CODMW set to maximum performance mode but it feels like it isn't getting enough juice ... I don't know. 980ti here but I've read lots of reports from a few weeks ago but no solutions. Read people on AMD with the same issue.

It wasn't happening at all a few days ago :S

This annoying ass thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...e_hard_stutters_on_respawn_have_gotten_worse/

I've had this from the beginning. Hell, this fucking problem was in the beta already. The PC port is pretty bad.

e: ah, I see the video you posted was from the beta period lol

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Enjoying using the Origin shotty (at least on Shoot House). Brings me back to the good semi-auto shotguns of old. :D

Any good unique perks or attachments that get unlocked later on?

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's pretty lame to be attacked like that. I haven't been reading this thread as much since there's been too much trolling between the side that loves this game and the side that hates it. As much as I've been enjoying the game it's obviously not perfect, and all of the reasonable posters have done a solid job at being able to identify the areas where the game lacks.

For what it's worth I enjoy reading your posts, and it's clear that you know what you're talking about when it comes to CoD. Even if you weren't capping objectives in a game of Domination, it's still useful to have someone play the slayer role. It's much easier for someone to cap a point if another team mate is killing off the enemies that are trying to push. If people in this thread don't understand that then they just haven't played enough CoD

thanks I wasn't all rainbows and butterflies either this game is so frustrating to play at times.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I hate hardcore but I may have to try and run some....I think I NEED the .357 snakeshot rounds

29 weapon levels though...that might be a brutal amount of hardcore

Oct 25, 2017
Where are these "season emblems" you unlock for doing 10 challenges a piece? Or is that a fraudulent claim?
wP4diJc.png

These will likely be applied to our player cards when the next season starts in December

All the way to Season 6's have been leaked apparently
s8ZI289.png

uYd7x4w.png

Last edited:

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Lol, so the FAL went from bonkers recoil to basically no recoil? I'm deleting people with it on PC. It seems like it kills faster than peak pre-nerf M4 and with less recoil. Only the mag size is an issue.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Summary
-The problem with the M4 is the low recoil of the first shots.
-The problem with the 725 is you can use Overkill to make it the best secondary.
-He recommends increasing recoil of M4 and increasing swap time of Overkill.
-He believes the devs need to address SBMM in some way.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Pointman is such an awful perk. Not worth it at all.

Summary
-The problem with the M4 is the low recoil of the first shots.
-The problem with the 725 is you can use Overkill to make it the best secondary.
-He recommends increasing recoil of M4 and increasing swap time of Overkill.
-He believes the devs need to address SBMM in some way.

Swap time is related to the amped perk. Overkill needs to move to Tier 2. Pointman needs to move to Tier 1. Make players sacrifice Ghost for Overkill.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't played for a few days, hopped on and got spawn trapped on Picadilly for an entire game, nice

Honestly outside of any other issues, the garbage maps in this game are probably going to make me drop it before anything else. On the plus side I've got attachments for my SCAR that make it feel decent finally.

Edit: This is the SCAR setup I'm using, after wanting to love the SCAR and struggling to get anything done consistently with it for ages this has been working great for me:

EJSv_mkX0AAjuwc

The stock I unlocked somewhere around level 30 and that was key; it actually reduces stability/recoil which is an issue with this gun, but is a BIG boost to ADS and mobility. Combined with the other attachments it finally feels like a decent midrange option where movement is pretty good/fast with it but I can reliably control aim/recoil at midrange. It does struggle a bit more at longer ranges as compared to say the M4, but with this setup I feel like I can almost run and gun with it but also still do well at midrange, moreso than say the MP5/7 at midrange.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
I'm about to fucking explode. Is anyone else's Mission Challenges not working? The Daily Challenges work just fine, but the Mission one is stuck no matter how much I reset the game.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I was playing some S&D core and there was a riot shield in a corner up on a table. 2 RPGS and a C4 and he just shook it off with EOD. Fuck that.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
My experience with Domination on most maps is once a team gets control of two of the points. Everyone camps a dark window. And they always win.

This game is very frustrating, and I'm pretty good at shooters.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, so the FAL went from bonkers recoil to basically no recoil? I'm deleting people with it on PC. It seems like it kills faster than peak pre-nerf M4 and with less recoil. Only the mag size is an issue.

Thank you this post made me level up the FAL and WOW it's actually not bad now you can really spam the trigger.
I can only imagine that thing on pc trying to spam the trigger on my controller is giving me hand cramps.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
SBMM. HAS. TO. GO. It's very consistently is placing me in a higher skill bracket for some reason. Since launch it has consistently been putting me against full squads (all have the same clan tag etc) at way higher levels than me and I'm getting killed constantly by people rocking gold camo guns while I'm just trying to level up shit.

I have not had a positive K/D since day 3 or so of the game's launch. I have a negative win/loss ratio now (I was up to like 72% first week). My score per minute is actual fucking garbage (89). I have not had a single game where I had a positive K/D in the last 4 hours. My team has won exactly 1 match in that entire timeframe. I've gone entire games without being able to get even a single 3-kill killstreak up tonight. The best performance of the last couple of hours was an 8-16 match. All of this is also coming at 1+ minute queue times and me having lobbies full of kb/m users every single match, and if I disable crossplay it's doubling my queue time.

I don't want to pubstomp, I just want to stop getting completely shit on nonstop because the game thinks I should be in a higher skill bracket or something. I was a pretty average player in past CoDs (~1.5 K/D) but even I would be able to get high end scorestreaks every once in a while, I got a few nukes, etc. This game since the first week or so of launch has just been me getting shit on over and over and over and over. And I don't even have scorestreaks to fall back on for support; giving up Ghost is too critical, and I've tried multiple times tonight and getting even a single UAV up is 500 points, and you only get 75 points for shooting down UAVs etc.

I'm honestly just legitimately not having fun anymore. And I've been playing other shooters in the few days I took off from this game *including* previous CoD's and I'm having absolutely zero difficulty. And it's not an "adapt" thing, it's "the game is constantly putting me in lobbies where the entire other team is going 40-2 and I'm literally on the top of my team half the time and I'm fucking 4-16" type shit. The game I just had I was literally 4-16 and top of my team, the *worst* player on the other team (Kill Confirmed) was 24-5. Like ~75% of my matches are the same thing, usually with the other team all having the same clan tag and my team appears to be all solo randoms with no one talking. It's the fucking matchmaking. I'm out at this point. I honestly hope the folks enjoying this continue to do so, I'm out until they do something with matchmaking/SBMM.

Edit: For shits and giggles I decided to try one more match. It put me in a Domination match where my team was getting triple capped, I died on spawn to an enemy VTOL, my team was losing 154-37, but I'm penalized for quitting out of this match it puts me in? Fuck completely off IW.

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
SBMM. HAS. TO. GO. It's very consistently is placing me in a higher skill bracket for some reason. Since launch it has consistently been putting me against full squads (all have the same clan tag etc) at way higher levels than me and I'm getting killed constantly by people rocking gold camo guns while I'm just trying to level up shit.

I have not had a positive K/D since day 3 or so of the game's launch. I have a negative win/loss ratio now (I was up to like 72% first week). My score per minute is actual fucking garbage (89). I have not had a single game where I had a positive K/D in the last 4 hours. My team has won exactly 1 match in that entire timeframe. I've gone entire games without being able to get even a single 3-kill killstreak up tonight. The best performance of the last couple of hours was an 8-16 match. All of this is also coming at 1+ minute queue times and me having lobbies full of kb/m users every single match, and if I disable crossplay it's doubling my queue time.

They do need to make some adjustments, definitely. I'm down to around 1.2 K/D now from a starting point around 1.8, 1.5 win ratio, and I get streaks of easy steamroll matches followed by 3-4 matches against full squads with comms who just demolish my team. I wish they'd just base it on win/loss ratio and give me a solo queue.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
They do need to make some adjustments, definitely. I'm down to around 1.2 K/D now from a starting point around 1.8, 1.5 win ratio, and I get streaks of easy steamroll matches followed by 3-4 matches against full squads with comms who just demolish my team. I wish they'd just base it on win/loss ratio and give me a solo queue.

What's funny is I've been playing with the in-game voicechat on which is usually a terrible idea, but I've honestly only heard like 2-3 racist people which is shocking. But that aside, whenever people on my team are talking (which is probably like every 2-3 matches) everyone is complaining about THE EXACT SAME SHIT. People I don't think know reddit or whatever is a thing talking about how they play this game every year after work but it's so much harder this year, the maps being shit, spawns being worse than usual, camping is way worse than usual, this shotgun is a sniper, etc. It's easy to get caught up in the internet bitching about something, but when I'm hearing literally the exact same complaints in-game constantly from people who don't seem like they have any idea about online boards or reddit it makes me feel at least a little better that I'm not out here super crazy.

Edit: It's also weird to me that if they want SBMM to try to bring everyone down to say a 1.0 K/D and 50/50 win/loss ratio, why would you get rid of scorestreaks? Like, you on paper want people to be playing against equally skilled opponents, but then you have killstreaks for up to 15? It seems weird? With the scorestreak system I'd get an AC-130 or whatever higher end killstreak maybe a couple times on an evening session; nothing outrageous but just enough to make it something worth working towards. Here so far the best I've done is I've gotten a VTOL like 4 times. In 40 hours of play. Because they went back to killstreaks, and pointman is fucking garbage. I just don't understand.

Last edited: