• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I weirdly can't find a listing online of how many points you get for things, but IIRC it wasn't great, I was pretty disappointed. YMMV of course, but to be honest you're probably still better off with Hardline. That said, Pointman is probably fantastic for Ground War I would imagine?

I still play a few matches of GW every night because I know I have to be missing something with that mode, and I just don't get it. It's either:

-Run for 4 minutes, not see anyone, then get oneshot
-Camp a hot spot like the C point and either die immediately or don't see anyone for 5 minutes
-Spawn on your teammates and get shot because spawning on teammates in this mode is awful
-Spawn at your HQ, get sniped from sniper who always are camping the edges of the map

I feel like this mode should 100% be my jam (I love big team chaotic bullshit) but I just cannot get any sort of sense for any match flow with it. I'm fairly familiar with the 2 launch maps at this point, but it's one of those things where no matter where I go or what spawn/other choice I make, it always seems like it's the wrong one lol. Streamers make it look so easy to get stupid kills in this mode and rack up easy camo and other challenges, and I'm just either getting wrecked or going like 2-2 because I never see anyone guarding B or C the whole match. It honestly kind of baffles me.

I've only done the new map a few times, but I do at least appreciate that one doesn't have nearly as much verticality as the others so I'm not getting sniped from skyscrapers/the ridge or being oneshot by tanks up on the quarry. Instead I get sniped from people camping the far edges of the map, as god intended
I mainly just stick to domination and headquarters myself.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
There is, which I addressed in the 2nd paragraph. tl;dr is that it's in the most contested perk slot by a wide margin, and the points you get for doing things with it aren't great IMO. Would need either a buff, to persist across deaths, or getting moved to a different perk slot for me to even consider using it. Funny thing is I saw a lot of people saying "just use Pointman" the first few days, and now absolutely no one ever says that or uses it for those reasons.
I have been testing Pointman few days since I unlocked. I was really excited to try it since I try to play the objective hard.
After testing it these few days, imo it's absolutely garbage perk even if you actively play objective and destroy enemy killstreaks.

You barely get any extra points from objective playing or from destroying enemy stuff. And Pointman raises overall requirements for each streak, so in the end its not worth it.
If you want to get streaks faster, use hardline or kill chain.
Only in certain situations in Ground War Pointman might be good.

It still boggles my mind why they removed the default scorestreaks system. Now the game actively discourages you from playing the objective.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how the game tracks executions (or whatever those things that take forever when you are behind someone and get you killed that I need 10 of for the mission), but I've done 2 and got 7 credited to me. Hopefully just get through that soon because I hate it.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

Got them and it worked, thanks so much! I wanted this calling card and actually only found out yesterday it was from this promotion.

I have been testing Pointman few days since I unlocked. I was really excited to try it since I try to play the objective hard.
After testing it these few days, imo it's absolutely garbage perk even if you actively play objective and destroy enemy killstreaks.

You barely get any extra points from objective playing or from destroying enemy stuff. And Pointman raises overall requirements for each streak, so in the end its not worth it.
If you want to get streaks faster, use hardline or kill chain.
Only in certain situations in Ground War Pointman might be good.

It still boggles my mind why they removed the default scorestreaks system. Now the game actively discourages you from playing the objective.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible and actively encourages "bad" behavior. Before if you had a player who was say one point away from an AC-130/chopper/etc but B seemed safe to cap they'd do that, now that's a huge risk for them and they're almost certainly just going to play it safe and hang back. I do the same thing as well quite frankly and I'm normally the dude who throws his body at the point going 4-15 to win the match. Or you could shoot down a UAV to get that point and help your teammates who maybe aren't running Ghost, there's a million examples. I feel like most of what we're arguing about in this thread is subjective, but I don't think I've seen anyone make a real argument against scorestreaks or is happy they're gone.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a glitch with the riot shield? Where you can't melee people? I was using it since it helps me with throwing knife kills and it was very weird:

I got the first hit but after that it didn't registered. No way I missed all those hits that close.

There was also a point in the match towards the end where I couldn't die (or so it seemed). I even stood in place with my exposed back towards someone and he was shooting. Very very weird.

Got called a hacker after the match. That's how I know something was off, lmao.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they nerf 725 out of existence.

I don't care if anybody enjoys using it. It's garbage weapon that's ruining an already, pretty shitty game.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Why not just hope that it is nerfed to be a balanced weapon

Don't take my double barrel away from me, I feel lucky to get one in a CoD game

Because I'm annoyed right now
face-with-steam-from-nose.png

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I know this dude is banned, but hole fuck this infuriates me. Play. The. Fucking. Objective. Fuck people who go into domination and focus on kills.
In a perfect world the CoD devs develop some sort of system which can detect if a player is actively playing the objective or not, and if it detects that they aren't doing so temporarily only allows them to play TDM and FFA.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is the .300 conversion for the M13 any good? It says it increases damage over range but I'm wondering if it increases the damage in close distance too.

Also is there any point in running sawed off 725?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't pay attention to the meta or what guns are the best, but I'm needing every edge I can get in games right now. I went from 1st place in the 1st week of launch to ending most games towards the bottom half of my team. Anyone recommend me top gun or two to playtest? I've mostly been running around with an MP5

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Really dunno what's up with this game since a couple days ago. Normal Modes put me into laggy ass lobbies, but groundwar puts me into lobbies just fine.

Other people been complaining about laggy lobbies since then so I dunno what changed really.

Edit - also see they still haven't fixed the loadout issue in groundwar, pls stop its ANNOYING

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling bummed about this game again and not sure why. Maybe because I'm tired of playing online games in sweat mode.

I should stick to rocket league.

Oct 29, 2017
Super late to the party on this, but just realized you can save custom blueprints for weapons when customizing. I was really annoyed at only having 5 custom classes and your weapons attachments disappearing everytime you unequipped a weapon, so this alleviates that a ton

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add some stuff quickly because honestly once I hit 155 I might just take a break until December when S1 starts.
Officer rank already feels useless without rewards beyond XP.

I really want some dang character skins already because im tired of playing groundwar and seeing 20+ of the exact same Otter skins all over the place.
I also really hate the non-"uniform" skins almost everyone has for all 3 options.
Camo pants, solid shirt
Camo shirt, solid pants.
I want playable soldiers, not CIA or embedded operatives.
WarPig and Otter and Default are the only options for that atm.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Oh FFS how many freaking objective games do I need to win before they start counting how did this shit ever pass.

The worst part is this game is the last COD title with 3 years development time from next year on its going to be back to 2 years again.

they need to make one game last years. There is a huge reason why I started hating these games and preferring ones that evolve over many years

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you see a supply box always fill up even if you don't need it because a teammate's usually trying to get a challenge done.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Played for the first time in a week or more. Wanted to try out the new patch. Only thing I like is the foot steps are softer. Everything else seems like it's the same M4/725 BS.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Balancing this game is going to be a mess with Overkill in Tier 1. It's just too powerful of a perk.

It needs to be moved to tier 2. The only solution for the 725 is to nerf it to the ground, and that becomes hard to do for whatever follows it as the next OP gun.

I wish they could really consider rebalancing perks like Overkill, ghost, Pointman, etc.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I know this dude is banned, but hole fuck this infuriates me. Play. The. Fucking. Objective. Fuck people who go into domination and focus on kills.

While that's always a thing in any game, this game practically encourages you to ignore the objective with it's current meta and scorestreaks being removed. I still play the objective but I definitely find myself giving less of a fuck than I would normally.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Patch rolling out overnight:

GENERAL FIXES:
  • More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
Riot Shield:
  • Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
  • Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
Footsteps
  • Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
  • Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
Challenges
  • General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
  • Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
  • Fix for Mission Challenge description, "Get Kills with a Burst Weapons" being too vague.
Piccadilly:
  • Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
  • Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
Weapons:
  • ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
  • 725: Reduce range
  • M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
  • FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
  • EB-14: Increase ADS speed
  • Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Special Operations:
  • Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Really dunno what's up with this game since a couple days ago. Normal Modes put me into laggy ass lobbies, but groundwar puts me into lobbies just fine.

Other people been complaining about laggy lobbies since then so I dunno what changed really.

Edit - also see they still haven't fixed the loadout issue in groundwar, pls stop its ANNOYING
The running theory is SBMM stratification. Your skill cohort is probably in a wide variety of regions so y'all get put together on some middle ground server.
Ground War has no SBMM, supposedly.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

Ignoring that his team has 2 flags so there is no objective to play, you should have 1 person fragging out for high killstreaks to maintain hold over the points anyways....

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New patch dropping in an hour! Here's the notes:

GENERAL FIXES:

• More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
Riot Shield:

• Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
  • Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
Footsteps

• Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
  • Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
Challenges

• General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We'll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
  • Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
  • Fix for Mission Challenge description, "Get Kills with a Burst Weapons" being too vague.
Piccadilly:

• Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
  • Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
Weapons:

• ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
  • 725: Reduce range
  • M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
  • FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
  • EB-14: Increase ADS speed
  • Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Special Operations:

• Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Anyone else got bored with a game?

I played beta and this was the first COD ever that i preordered or paid in full.And i feel like i made a mistake.

Ground War is terrible.Everything is just bad. It feels like some free-to-play warface 64 player deathmatch.

Maps are kinda meh.They definitely cater to campers.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
omfg my copy finally arrived today after weeks of chasing up the courier to deliver it, I started the update, and then I get home and it's installed and suddenly there's 1.08 and I have to clear out another 60GB on my PS4 to play are you fucking kidding me

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
omfg my copy finally arrived today after weeks of chasing up the courier to deliver it, I started the update, and then I get home and it's installed and suddenly there's 1.08 and I have to clear out another 60GB on my PS4 to play are you fucking kidding me

just wait until the download finishes and it takes longer to "copy" the patch than it did to download it :|

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I played beta and this was the first COD ever that i preordered or paid in full.And i feel like i made a mistake.

Ground War is terrible.Everything is just bad. It feels like some free-to-play warface 64 player deathmatch.

I solved that by not playing Ground War.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
just wait until the download finishes and it takes longer to "copy" the patch than it did to download it :|
I just leave it in rest mode for the day and it's all done by the time I play so I usually don't have to wait for the "copy" but fuck after weeks of waiting for it to arrive I come home and still can't play. It'll be done in the morning I guess.

Deleted the game and will install the disc again so I don't have to delete 60GB of games ugh

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i don't really mind ground war, it plays ok for me, it's just a place to try and burn through challenges.