• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lose. I think it was something like 0 - 122 when we finally took over our first headquarter and gained some points.

Normally I don't care if I'm going negative on objective based modes, especially in this cod... but this was something else.
I think I had a 200-0 HQ match yesterday. I cannot tell if it's skill of the players, how the mode works or something else. It does feel like IW want all modes done super quick and move onto the next, instead of giving teams more chances to comeback from a loss.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I think my new biggest annoyance with this game is just all sweaty Youtubers throwing a fit about SBMM.
Make entire videos with legitimate concerns then throw something stupid in like that.
"before I was getting like 25 kills every game but now.... get that shit out of here it has no place in Call of Duty"

Also crying about some noob kid on Christmas being able to stop their nuke streak because the game "gave them a free OP tank they didn't earn"

honestly im nearly at the point of unsubscribing to a bunch of them I previously liked.
I know right.. how dare they voice their feelings about not having fun playing this game.

Says more about you if THAT is your biggest annoyance with THIS game.

Also:
Using "sweaty YouTubers" as an insult when they are forced to play sweaty, which is exactly the reason for their complaints is kinda ironic of you isn't it?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I like the new map, even if the name is somewhat uninspired (shoot house, lol).
Went my first match with zero deaths on it and it just reinforced my love for 3 lane map design as opposed to random scattering of buildings on a field.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new map, even if the name is somewhat uninspired (shoot house, lol).

I like it. My roommate and I used to have dumb names for maps back in Black Ops 2 because we never could remember the real names for a while. Raid became "rich man's house," Grind was named "Birdman" after Tony Hawk, Hijacked was of course "dat boat."

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I think I had a 200-0 HQ match yesterday. I cannot tell if it's skill of the players, how the mode works or something else. It does feel like IW want all modes done super quick and move onto the next, instead of giving teams more chances to comeback from a loss.
I feel this has to do with the quick play functionality. You can now filter which gamemodes you would like to play and the game will choose a gamemode for you.

For your example there might be people that played the HQ game whilst also expecting/wanting to play TDM, DOM, Hardpoint, SnD, Cyber Attack. All the games have 1 thing in common and that's kill the enemy, so that's what they'll do. Hence being less inclined to play 100% the objective in a particular gamemode.

Imo the quick play filter options is what destroys objective play the most

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
why do you think this is because of SBMM?

I don't think it's because of SBMM, more like I ask myself what have they done wrong with SBMM if teams get stomped... because not getting stomped is what SBMM is all about, isn't it?

To be fair I also had some matches yesterday where it was the complete opposite. But that seems to be a bad kind of sbmm.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's because of SBMM, more like I ask myself what have they done wrong with SBMM if teams get stomped... because not getting stomped is what SBMM is all about, isn't it?

To be fair I also had some matches yesterday where it was the complete opposite. But that seems to be a bad kind of sbmm.

but it could be any combination of things not just SBMM as to why that game went the way it did, this is my problem with the SBMM thing, once it's in the minds that is what it is 100% of the time.

don't get me wrong I am not saying it doesn't exist the weekend was particularly enlightening for me and coming round to the idea that there is actually strong SBMM at play here, but there's also the fact that some games go and you just get steam rolled because your team mates suck and you stand no chance, maybe you went up against a full party who were on mics, I hate those type of lobbies and in BO3 you would get rolled over hard and quick.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to hate all the maps equally
bring back crash, vacant, & nuketown already for 6v6 HC Tdm & HC FFA.
bring back the G36, Tavor, full auto perk famas, & UMP.

oh and realism mode ideally semi auto for all ARs should be a shot kill for anything above the waist
no idea why realism mode has the same ttk as regular matches.

Last edited:

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Just got matched into a game with 195 ping.

Lol unbelievable. They were taking the piss with some of these dev decisions.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why this game at least MP online can't be released for the Nintendo switch
I have it on PC and I'd buy it again
Witcher 3 is on switch for shitsake
720p 60 fps undocked
1080p 60fps docked
release a damn port so I can sweat online anywhere

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So they are crying about the fact that they are getting placed with people at the same skill level? Lol

it takes me around a minute to find a game and half the time it's full of mouse and keyboard pc users I'm on ps4 with a controller. Matchmaking is broken For people who are above average.

if I turn cross play off it's even worse wait times this game will not match you out of your assigned skill bracket.

so yes this is an issue for people I don't want to play high ping games or wait a minute for a lobby to be constantly put into loosing matches over and over.

Some skill based matching is fine but it's too narrow right now and punishes you for being above average.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why this game at least MP online can't be released for the Nintendo switch
720p 60 fps undocked
1080p 60fps docked

I still hope for it. The game seems performant and scalable enough for it at least. But with the whole crossplay parity thing IW would need to do the port themselves and I don't think they have the manpower for that, given they're still actively working on a lot of things in this game.

After playing Euphrates Bridge for a while I think it could be really easily fixed if they added roads that lead up left and right at each side of the bridge. It's just too narrow and has no flanking routes otherwise.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
720p 60 fps undocked
1080p 60fps docked

Why not release the singleplayer in 4k 60fps alongside it, while we're at it? Might as well.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Is cross play online only?

I've been thinking of holding a lan party with mates that play on different platforms.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I don't understand the skill-based matchmaking complaints regarding SBMM. You can't just be constantly in matches with people of a lower skill level. It will take some time to find out where you belong but if you were just dominating lower skilled players it wouldn't make it very fun for them would it? You'd also never get much better.

Just got matched into a game with 195 ping.

Lol unbelievable. They were taking the piss with some of these dev decisions.

I regularly play Gunfight matches with around 400 - 500 ping. It's ridiculous.

it takes me around a minute to find a game and half the time it's full of mouse and keyboard pc users I'm on ps4 with a controller. Matchmaking is broken For people who are above average.

if I turn cross play off it's even worse wait times this game will not match you out of your assigned skill bracket.

so yes this is an issue for people I don't want to play high ping games or wait a minute for a lobby to be constantly put into loosing matches over and over.

Some skill based matching is fine but it's too narrow right now and punishes you for being above average.

That's odd, even playing late at night and with cross-play disabled (on PC) I've never been placed in a match above 50-60 ping, the majority of the time it's 20-40. Perhaps it has to do with your NAT type. You can open ports if you have access to your router to get an open NAT, which should allow you to connect to more players.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I don't understand the skill-based matchmaking complaints regarding SBMM. You can't just be constantly in matches with people of a lower skill level. It will take some time to find out where you belong but if you were just dominating lower skilled players it wouldn't make it very fun for them would it? You'd also never get much better.

I like to think of myself as a pretty decent CoD player, and my K/D is at 0.95 and W/L at 1.72. Now you can put this down to the general design of the game encouraging so much camping and I'm of the old school, so I'm constantly moving to different objectives and thus getting shot quite often from the million vantage points scattered about.

That's the biggest issue with this games map design, it was MADE FOR campers. Sooo many secure spots to just bunker down in until you get a good killstreak reward, so if the SBMM is matching me against decent players who pay enough attention to know what the current meta is, that makes the experience for someone like me utterly insufferable, and trust me there are plenty of "me"; old school CoD players who treated the game closer to an arena shooter rather than a "tactical" sit in this room until I get a match turning killstreak attitude that is infesting this game.

It turns a typical play session into a roller coaster of emotions. One minute you're in a match with like minded individuals and suddenly the game feels like CoD again, then the very next match (after you've been dumped back to the menu mind you. Lord forbid you actually want to stay with the players you've found) the experience is the complete opposite because you've just been dumped into a Picadilly match that is half over on the clock and well and truly over on the scoreboard.

Basically when it comes to SBMM, the negatives far outweigh the positives. It has to go.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's odd, even playing late at night and with cross-play disabled (on PC) I've never been placed in a match above 50-60 ping, the majority of the time it's 20-40. Perhaps it has to do with your NAT type. You can open ports if you have access to your router to get an open NAT, which should allow you to connect to more players.

i have an open Nat and it takes me ages to find games too.

As I said yesterday matchmaking is broken (maybe since the last update) as I've had m/kB players in my lobby (supposed to be input based) and one game on Saturday I was in an entire lobby with m/kB people whilst on Xbox and long wait times (over a minute!)

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Matchmaking isn't a problem for me but probably 1 out of 4 games is a lagfest for me.
Even though me ping says 40-50, it has stuttering, random drops and getting shot around the corner when on my screen I haven't even reached that corner.

Peer 2 peer matchmaking at it's finest.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I like to think of myself as a pretty decent CoD player, and my K/D is at 0.95 and W/L at 1.72. Now you can put this down to the general design of the game encouraging so much camping and I'm of the old school, so I'm constantly moving to different objectives and thus getting shot quite often from the million vantage points scattered about.

That's the biggest issue with this games map design, it was MADE FOR campers. Sooo many secure spots to just bunker down in until you get a good killstreak reward, so if the SBMM is matching me against decent players who pay enough attention to know what the current meta is, that makes the experience for someone like me utterly insufferable, and trust me there are plenty of "me"; old school CoD players who treated the game closer to an arena shooter rather than a "tactical" sit in this room until I get a match turning killstreak attitude that is infesting this game.

It turns a typical play session into a roller coaster of emotions. One minute you're in a match with like minded individuals and suddenly the game feels like CoD again, then the very next match (after you've been dumped back to the menu mind you. Lord forbid you actually want to stay with the players you've found) the experience is the complete opposite because you've just been dumped into a Picadilly match that is half over on the clock and well and truly over on the scoreboard.

Basically when it comes to SBMM, the negatives far outweigh the positives. It has to go.

Right, I see - but is that what's actually happening in the majority of your games now? In my experience I get the odd game every now and then where people don't really move much but most matches have pretty healthy movement. I'm running and gunning constantly and for the most part I have fun. If there's a spot that people are bunkering down in, I go to punish them (but usually flop). I don't think most people playing this want to just stand still for 10 minutes - but perhaps it's more common elsewhere - I'm in the UK.
I'm not sure how the SBMM actually decides where to put you, it might be based on how good your engages are or possibly more likely your score per minute. When I get in tougher matches, people are still moving, they're just better at it. You still get the one or two players that like to stay in their spot with a sniper or rarely an LMG. If someone is getting a huge score-per-minute by holding put in some spots, they're probably doing the right thing for that situation.

In my opinion getting a few skilled campers doesn't outweigh lower skilled players having a reasonable chance at doing well. But if your games are just ruined now I can see that being frustrating. If you keep your playstyle perhaps you'll drop SBMM to a more fun level, which may be what's happened with me.

i have an open Nat and it takes me ages to find games too.

As I said yesterday matchmaking is broken (maybe since the last update) as I've had m/kB players in my lobby (supposed to be input based) and one game on Saturday I was in an entire lobby with m/kB people whilst on Xbox and long wait times (over a minute!)

I wish we had more information on the cross-play and how it works, because it can't just be based off input.

I was getting lots of games with controller players while playing on PC too (with KB&M). I wasn't sure what was going on as I too thought it was input based - some people mentioned they were playing with friends who played on console but it doesn't sound like that's the same reason for putting you in a match with all pc players.
One guy with a controller absolutely dominated us on shoot house btw.

I think it takes me about 30 seconds or a minute to get in a game with cross-play off. I find that really good as I come from Overwatch's 10minute+ dps role queues.

Also, this may help someone having issues with dev error 6067 - I started getting that error after re-installing the latest nvidia drivers again, but this time chose to also install geforce experience (for recording). I thought it might have something to do with the highlights being on, while also enabling instant replay (with recording desktop enabled in the privacy controls) and then alt-tabbing in and out between matches while recording which caused the video card driver to fail. I'm not 100%. But it resolved after uninstalling the drivers, restarting in between uninstalls just in case, and then selecting "clean install". Problems gone and I can record fine - though I have disabled the desktop recording. It may be worth a try to just not install geforce experience if you're still getting the error.

One complaint I have is that in replays it shows the person who killed me had a reasonable amount of time to do so, but from my view they just swung by and decimated me. I might just be getting old but even the timing of the sound of gunfire from when I see them doesn't seem to match up - like it sounds much slower (and more reasonable) on the replay - they turn a corner, see me then react and shoot - compared to the instantly pop around a corner and be shooting at me as I experienced it. I've heard people call it peeker's advantage before. This happens a little more often than I would like. If there's a setting to increase the server rate or something to lessen the effect, I really hope they up it a bit. -- ahh, nvm, we're on P2P, I forgot.

Oddly, one time - and this might be a different issue, it sounded like a single deep and loud bullet from a sniper that kills me but I watch the replay and it's an m4 with at least 3 (much softer) bullet sounds.

Last edited:

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area

Oh okay, that makes a lot of sense then. I thought people were just complaining they aren't being put in matches where they can destroy the other team.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking has definitely gotten worse for me too, getting so damn ridiculous. Not only is it taking longer to find matches, but the ping is climbing higher and higher and sometimes im getting m/k players as well. Absolutely ridiculous.

Also not that i want to just stomp people over and over, i honestly find that boring, lately I'm just annoyed that i literally can't mess with other builds if im out to win. Anytime i attempt to mess with a new gun I'm constantly playing people out to dominate and using the best weapons in the game, forcing me to then switch too in order to compete.

Last few nights have just felt like constant intense games where i had to give it my all in order to compete. I think the only games where i feel like i can chill are on Piccadilly providing we spawn on C side. I mean you have to be complete garbage to spawn on C side and lose.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to hate all the maps equally
bring back crash, vacant, & nuketown already for 6v6 HC Tdm & HC FFA.
bring back the G36, Tavor, full auto perk famas, & UMP.

oh and realism mode ideally semi auto for all ARs should be a shot kill for anything above the waist
no idea why realism mode has the same ttk as regular matches.

Overall, the maps are some of the worst. I mean, if you lump them together, they are the worst bunch in any recent COD.

--------

As a whole, the game needs a lot of work. I just finished a round of Ground War going 39-6. I spammed the tanks or sniped. I finished with close to 6K score and was number one on our team. That Farmland map is just a tank's haven. I just spammed the cannons and I know I was being a dick to these people.

I mean, sure, I do well, but it's mostly due to exploiting the game and not because of skill. My tank skills in Battlefield are good. Here? Not so much but rather just because it's super easy to hit people with the cannon.

Speaking, imagine if you could reload your tank's missiles or repair them. That would be insanely OP.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Trying out the FAMAS now. Oof, not a good experience early on. Could really use a damage buff, especially with the kick it generates. Anyone got a high level FAMAS? And how is it with some proper attachments?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility over multiple posts

or perhaps the matchmaking is fucking garbage my nat type is fucking fine. I have my ports forwarded, gigabit internet and a $500 router I know how to setup my network.

don't give me that condescending forward your ports bullshit. I know how to setup my network thanks.

I have a nighthawk and can see every server location I connect to and it's ping.

You are probably just matching into the kiddy pool.

Last edited:

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying out the FAMAS now. Oof, not a good experience early on. Could really use a damage buff, especially with the kick it generates. Anyone got a high level FAMAS? And how is it with some proper attachments?
The only thing the Famas needs is a full auto perk and then increase recoil a bit and decrease the damage to M4 levels and chop off the rails on top make it like blops1
I'd pay 500$ to use the Famas in full auto

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
or perhaps the matchmaking is fucking garbage my nat type is fucking fine. I have my ports forwarded, gigabit internet and a $500 router I know how to setup my network.

don't give me that condescending forward your ports bullshit. I know how to setup my network thanks.

I have a nighthawk and can see every server location I connect to and it's ping.

You are probably just matching into the kiddy pool.

If you're a super elite player, your queue times will be longer. Seems like you've figured it out!

Though a 1 minute queue time sounds about right to me.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The recoil becomes much, much better with later attachments. But it still has the problem of flinch. If you get shot, you lose the gunfight.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
The maps will probably grow on you the more you play them. When I started playing I thought the maps were all bad and then within a few days I was learning where to be looking while moving and it gets a lot more interesting and you discover more positions that give you better line of sight etc. Though it's hard to imagine really enjoying Euphrates Bridge. It's the one map I put down the SMG and pick up a sniper with the scouting scope. It's a great map for the mini tank killstreak at least.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing the Famas needs is a full auto perk and then increase recoil a bit and decrease the damage to M4 levels and chop off the rails on top make it like blops1
I'd pay 500$ to use the Famas in full auto

Oh damn, I didn't look up the perk unlocks and just expected there to be a full auto perk, since the m4 has a burst perk. Well TIL.. was after exactly what you were describing.