• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man.. Even me who is trying to stay positive... I'm having a hard time getting back on the game. I finally unlocked the SCAR. My favorite (along with the ACR) in MW2 and it's just... so hard to use.

The constant 725 and M4s...

When Infinite Warfare came out I was on all the time, having a blast. There was some balancing issues at launch but I was able to still have a lot of fun with it in-between that. With MW I'm just constantly raging.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what level the AK47 has to be to unlock the 75rd drum mags attachment ?
Google shows me nothing at all
Just got to level 53

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The perk balance in this game is so bad. Ghost is as broken as Stopping Power was. You can't have one without the other.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Man.. Even me who is trying to stay positive... I'm having a hard time getting back on the game. I finally unlocked the SCAR. My favorite (along with the ACR) in MW2 and it's just... so hard to use.

The constant 725 and M4s...

When Infinite Warfare came out I was on all the time, having a blast. There was some balancing issues at launch but I was able to still have a lot of fun with it in-between that. With MW I'm just constantly raging.

Still want that new OT ?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have an actual nervous breakdown trying to get these fucking 25 shield turret kills holy fucking shit

It takes SO FUCKING LONG to put down that 99% of the time I have the perfect spot for it overlooking B or whatever I die trying to put it down

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this fucking blueprint challenge

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that you cant talk to the other team between gunfight rounds anymore.

does anyone know if the death cam thing where you can view the map after you die, before spectating your teammate is a glitch or intended?

I can still talk to the other team between rounds
The death cam/'being able to view the map' issue started popping up after that first big update. Before that, it would send me straight to the death cam, and then to my teammate. Now it's a coin toss whether I'm able to see the rest of the map, or locked to my own teammate (as it should be) after a death. It has to be a bug - since it spoils the positional play big time. Hope they fix it soon.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how exactly the VOIP between teams work. In Gunfight, sometimes I can hear the guy for a second or two after I kill him, other times between round swaps for a few brief seconds, and sometimes only at the end of the match. And my teammate sometimes hears another player chatting when I can't and vice versa.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think my new biggest annoyance with this game is just all sweaty Youtubers throwing a fit about SBMM.
Make entire videos with legitimate concerns then throw something stupid in like that.
"before I was getting like 25 kills every game but now.... get that shit out of here it has no place in Call of Duty"

Also crying about some noob kid on Christmas being able to stop their nuke streak because the game "gave them a free OP tank they didn't earn"

honestly im nearly at the point of unsubscribing to a bunch of them I previously liked.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I haven't picked up a COD since MW2 but I have to say I'm really enjoying this one and I've been impressed by the QOL improvements from the moment I loaded it up. The attention to detail is fantastic and the animations are absolutely stellar, it looks damn good even with my settings orientated for max fps.

I've only been playing the multiplayer and I rediscovered my love for running and gunning in COD with an SMG. It's very do-able and it's a blast.

Although I don't know how many of the changes are brand new and being very impressed with a lot of aspects of the game I trust the developers on the whole with their thought process for this game and I hope they stick to their guns a bit more by not making too many abrupt changes so soon. I've found the dead silence (no footstep sound) perk to be so over powered - I turn into a super hero, it feels like a cheat and I feel almost guilty using it. I read that originally it made some sound, which I would have vastly preferred, but because the professional players complained that they can't traverse the map as easily they made it completely silent so you're a fast-moving ghost. It's ridiculous what you can do with it, doesn't feel like it fits in properly to me and I hope they revert the change even though I'm cheeky and always use it :P

The more I play, the more I'm liking the maps, I can't wait for what's to come!

With some time I've even grown to like Piccadilly, it took me quite a while to learn the map enough to have a general idea of wtf is going on. An issue I still have with it are the respawns not always being ideal - had a match were a helicopter just destroyed us for way too long and there was nothing we could do, with smokes and rocket launchers, nothing was bringing it down.

I agree with what someone wrote on reddit about the 725 - that it itself didn't necessarily need tweaking but rather the Overkill perk doesn't have much competition so why not pack a 725 as a secondary! The 725 as a primary would not be anywhere near as appealing. Perhaps the Overkill perk, or it's tier list need some consideration.

I wanted to test sharing a clip - some shenanigans in the cave map:

I was also wondering how cross-play works, I assume console players are getting a big aim-assist vs PC players? If I use a controller, would I get the same assist that's on console? I read some people mention it's not quite as good of an assist.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm really curious how these weapons are going to be earned. IW said the battle pass was strictly cosmetic and that the weapons could be earned through gameplay only, but idk.

Like all the previous CoD's, it could be great at first and then 6 months down the road it becomes P2W.
I'm gonna put on my product management hat and give you my best guess.
- Base weapon earned for free either through BP and given for free after.
- Monetized blueprint with high-level attachments unlocked.

Last edited:

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoying the challenges and missions in this. Never paid much attention to them in previous entries but getting 30 headshots with an SMG in exchange for an animated callsign, for example, is pretty dope imo. Also, I love my MP5.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm hoping season 1 starts asap and brings with it a huuuge amount of challenges to grind. I've sort of found my niche with the game (everything else can get fucked, but I'm definitely enjoying Shoot House 24/7 and the new GW map), now I just need something to grind. Weapon levels are the only remotely interesting thing right now, now that I'm close to level 70 and have almost all the reasonable (for me) missions done.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Once I get the doge challenge done I'll be happy

That new ground war map is all snipers and if you are the the bottom of the map and you lose C, might as well quit the match lol

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I think my new biggest annoyance with this game is just all sweaty Youtubers throwing a fit about SBMM.
Make entire videos with legitimate concerns then throw something stupid in like that.
"before I was getting like 25 kills every game but now.... get that shit out of here it has no place in Call of Duty"

Also crying about some noob kid on Christmas being able to stop their nuke streak because the game "gave them a free OP tank they didn't earn"

honestly im nearly at the point of unsubscribing to a bunch of them I previously liked.
So they are crying about the fact that they are getting placed with people at the same skill level? Lol

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wall running is normal and sick nasty when you have the riot shield + pistol combo
And double time as a perk
Your actually neo and wick at the same time

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
this might seem dumb (omega cod newbie here) but are there any good places to find guides on general pacing / navigating maps properly

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Ground War is an abomination. I wish IW would either ban snipers from the mode or release a separate 'No Snipers Ground War' playlist. Ugh.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ground War is an abomination. I wish IW would either ban snipers from the mode or release a separate 'No Snipers Ground War' playlist. Ugh.
I think Snipers are always going to be part of a GW/BF style mode. Its just the maps are so poorly designed, it lets them rule the roost. Doubly so if they have a tank to do it in.

I think GW could be a good mode. It just depends if IW actually gives a rats ass about it, which they probably don't.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Its a perfect mode to level up weapons and get those attachments. I do wish they would stop making some of these modes limited time events.

Black Ops 4 is now an outdated COD so to speak, and it has like 20 different playlists. Not sure why a much newer game with much more players has to take out playlists every time they add something new.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I think Snipers are always going to be part of a GW/BF style mode. Its just the maps are so poorly designed, it lets them rule the roost. Doubly so if they have a tank to do it in.

I think GW could be a good mode. It just depends if IW actually gives a rats ass about it, which they probably don't.

Yeah I think IW sees GW more as a novelty mode nothing to really put time and recources into ill be suprised if we even get more maps for the mode.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the challenges and missions in this. Never paid much attention to them in previous entries but getting 30 headshots with an SMG in exchange for an animated callsign, for example, is pretty dope imo. Also, I love my MP5.

I wish so many of them weren't tied to daily challenges. The animated calling card for the shield turret challenge looked neat but there was no way in hell I was getting 25 kills with that thing in a day

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Black Ops 4 is now an outdated COD so to speak, and it has like 20 different playlists. Not sure why a much newer game with much more players has to take out playlists every time they add something new.
Agreed. Its not like MW does not have the playerbase, especially with crossplay around. Just wait till the Picadilly 24/7 playlist appears.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Apologies to any who were offended. I was generalizing and also being a bit hypocritical and after rereading my post, it was a bit of an insult too.
Hell I am thinking back and I may have threatened to uninstall it when it was crashing my Xbox...

Backing out and rethinking.

All good, man. :) I think I replied the way I did because of the "crybabies" remark. Subreddit always mentions that or "kid" when insulting someone and I find it funny since I'm 38 and most of the people posting there are, y'know, younger. :)

Had a nice 70-5 Karst game earlier, just been working on officer challenges really. Realized I hadn't clipped a single thing from this game yet so here's a couple from that game - in case anyone is interested.

Nice! Is the stim that good? It cooldowns and you can use it over and over, right (or is like, regular equipment and you can't use it anymore after using it?).

Not sure if you remembered, I played with you and jorgevir before (I think it was BO3 or BO4). My ping and latency were shit (given I was in Asia and connecting to US), but you two were great. Full-on stomping though.

V23

Oct 27, 2017

It seems like a race to see who can get a higher vantage point and snipe someone across the map.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It seems like a race to see who can get a higher vantage point and snipe someone across the map.
The whole 'grab a vehicle and dive bomb it into a high place' has been a problem in old BF games for years. DICE spent a long time working out how to sort those kind of issues out. IW is making GW like a BF game was never a thing, hence the massive unbalances within the maps.

I can understand wanting to give people the freedom to get around the map but some of the fixes are pretty simple stuff.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The emblem with the bullets going through the skull....how do you unlock? Not seen any challenge yet to achieve it.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Not really a fan of shoot house, but I can see why others like it. I'm more of a slower paced player and like flanking etc. Nuketown, Rust etc where the Bain of my life haha. This just throws you right in. Does have a nice couple of ledges (at ground level) Where you can cover a couple of entrances though which makes it semi appealing.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I just straight up lost 15 kills in my Shield Turret challenge. Just disappeared after the challenge kept on unselecting itself.

I'm done with this shit. Fix your fucking piece of shit game, IW.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Yesterday I had one of my worst Call Of Duty matches ever. Headquarters on Shoot House... ended up 15 - 48 (yes, 15 kills and 48 deaths) and asked myself if that's what IW understands as skill based matchmaking.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yesterday I had one of my worst Call Of Duty matches ever. Headquarters on Shoot House... ended up 15 - 48 (yes, 15 kills and 48 deaths) and asked myself if that's what IW understands as skill based matchmaking.
Did you win or lose the objective?

If it's not TDM, not sure why people care that much about kills or deaths.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Did you win or lose the objective?

If it's not TDM, not sure why people care that much about kills or deaths.

Lose. I think it was something like 0 - 122 when we finally took over our first headquarter and gained some points.

Normally I don't care if I'm going negative on objective based modes, especially in this cod... but this was something else.