• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Gunfight is acting weird, running animations are messing up sometimes like I'm sliding across the ground also spectating has a massive delay lol

happening to my friend also

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Aug with 5.56 rounds + monolithic suppressor + 407mm extended barrel is 👨‍🍳👨‍🍳👨‍🍳

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely some nice skins hidden away waiting for the mtx systems.
EI_QnC8WkAEjpZW

EI_Qnh2WoAE5RU5

EI_Qnu0WwAAfru3

Hopefully with such a long wait they will have even more ready when it opens up.

Last edited:

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Shoot House is seriously rekindling my enthusiasm in this game. Even with the new update's crashes it's just so action-packed I can't stay away.
The spawns are a bit messy but aggression is rewarded and it feels like the right kind of swiss-cheese design, where there's a lot of angles to cover but nowhere is truly safe. Getting shot at leaves plenty of alternate paths to flank, and an enemy is never too far away. I think it might be my favorite "clusterfuck" map design ever, beating out Nuketown and Shipment, on the basis that explosives spam isn't really a thing and there's actually a good flow to the action. I hope IW puts out more stuff like it, and incorporates some of the design philosophy into their 6v6 and 10v10 maps.

Also, I hope the 24/7 playlist doesn't go away. I really don't want to go back to getting camped on Piccadilly.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
How wide spread is the cheating? Just played 2 games of ground war where someone was in the back of the map just head shotting everyone. I couldn't even see me on the kill cam as a building was between me and the sniper just the arrow pointing to me. Makes me want to turn cross play off

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
How wide spread is the cheating? Just played 2 games of ground war where someone was in the back of the map just head shotting everyone. I couldn't even see me on the kill cam as a building was between me and the sniper just the arrow pointing to me. Makes me want to turn cross play off
Cheats are live, but AFAIK they're using some pretty advanced detection methods that have the cheat makers in a tiff. I think they're at the stage where they have good detection but they haven't done their big ban wave yet, so you'll probably find a rage hacker here or there. Good news is that B.Net does HWID banning, so once a cheater's hardware is flagged, they're not coming back even on a new account.

RPGs? Is that a legit criticism lol? I have died a total of one deaths in like 44 levels by an RPG.
Protip: try using the JOKR/Javelin on B.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck my K/D has been on a steady decline after the first week. Sucks seeing it go down, but this matchmaking is unforgiving.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the second Spec Ops mission with randoms. The enemies were angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. Thank God it's over with. Two down, two to go.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really must just be out of touch with what the community wants cause I kinda hate shoot house. Feels like I'm putting on a 12 man paintball game in my garage and someone knocked down my boxes of Christmas decorations.

Oct 25, 2017
New maps completely unplayable on any objective mode and is the most 725 friendly map yet. Gotta love it

Kill streaks even being on this map is some serious horse shit

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually a COD player, but I missed this one at launch.

Keep checking in on this thread to see what's what, as I wrestle with a potential purchase. I don't think I've seen an OT this relentlessly negative before.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I'm usually a COD player, but I missed this one at launch.

Keep checking in on this thread to see what's what, as I wrestle with a potential purchase. I don't think I've seen an OT this relentlessly negative before.

It's just frustration, because generally speaking people want to love this game, but the issues that annoy people are just so common and glaring at the moment, it makes playing feel like more chore than fun.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cant wait for the BR mode where the 725 might be less useful.

It sounds stupid but I refuse to use the gun in regular MP.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Challenge: Hack 15 enemy equipment using EOD.

Equip EOD and get no prompts to hack devices when looking at claymores.
Another broken thing

Oct 25, 2017
Challenge: Hack 15 enemy equipment using EOD.

Equip EOD and get no prompts to hack devices when looking at claymores.
Another broken thing

For warriors code 7 I restarted the game just to make sure it would work, got objective win, no progress, restarted again, still no progress

Games a dumpster fire. I truly cannot believe how it's still at low 80s at metacritic

Last edited:

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Shoot House is seriously rekindling my enthusiasm in this game. Even with the new update's crashes it's just so action-packed I can't stay away.
The spawns are a bit messy but aggression is rewarded and it feels like the right kind of swiss-cheese design, where there's a lot of angles to cover but nowhere is truly safe. Getting shot at leaves plenty of alternate paths to flank, and an enemy is never too far away. I think it might be my favorite "clusterfuck" map design ever, beating out Nuketown and Shipment, on the basis that explosives spam isn't really a thing and there's actually a good flow to the action. I hope IW puts out more stuff like it, and incorporates some of the design philosophy into their 6v6 and 10v10 maps.

Also, I hope the 24/7 playlist doesn't go away. I really don't want to go back to getting camped on Piccadilly.

Same... I abondoned it for a week and I only wanted to see the new map and the adjustments to the movement speed. Well, ended up for playing 2 or 3 hours straight on the new map. Now I'm really curious for the upcoming maps and I hope they stick to a bit smaller maps with 3 lanes.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For warriors code 7 I restarted the game just to make sure it would work, got objective win, no progress, restarted again, still no progress

Games a dumpster fire. I truly cannot believe how it's still at low 80s at metacritic

Quite the achievement isn't it.

also on ground war (the city map) on point E if you go to the window that looks into the area where the enemy spawns from inside the building you can't shoot out through the window, it just hits an invisible barrier, but people can shoot in.

I was in a match with more than 400 ping yesterday. I was playing with people from south America... I'm from the Netherlands.

Not sure what is going on with their matchmaking.

The matchmaking is whack, I've travelled the whole of Europe without leaving my living room

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The more time passes the worse the spawn camping problem gets. They need to fix this ASAP.

Also Shoot House is fucking garbage. Tiny ass map with a horrible spawn system. It's just mindless close quarters chaos. Just braindead running and gunning. No strategy whatsoever. I really hope this isn't a sign of whats to come.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
At this point, I'm half convinced that Overkill is a major factor behind the 725 problem.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, after watching this, I think I'm done with this game for now. Haven't even played it post patch yet and don't think I will.

I was actually thinking of trying my hand at video editing by making a fun montage of me getting OHK'd constantly from 10-15+ m away by the "nerfed" 725 lol. The gun's still too much and the only real thing that's occasionally pissing me off in Shoot House.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I played shoot house yesterday and thought it was OK.
Yeah, I had a fantastic Hardpoint match playing Riot Shield on it. It's such a small map that people have a hard time camping thus I really like the "old-school" feel of it. Sometimes it's a bit hectic and you get spawned in arm reach of enemies, but still a better map than Picadelly lol

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Man, map design in Domination is even more atrocious than in other game modes. Who in their right fucking mind thought that B is a good and FUN position on Rammaza? And because that's not even enough some fucker thought it would also be fun and cool to make the capture area 1x1m small when you can get shot from LITERALLY at least five angles (upper building, lower building, upper gallery, lower alley, square).

It's unbelievable how they fuck up that awesome gunplay with something so fundamental. I wouldn't say anything if they had like one funmap like Shipment in CoD 4 but this is just so bad. Another fine specimen is Hackney Yard, with A having only two angles, C three, and naturally B having again FIVE.

With all the semi-random spawn in HQ and Domination it's so dreadful to cross the map and to get anywhere near you want to go except if you luckily spawn within 15m of the next objective.

From all the game modes S&D is right now the only game mode I enjoy. TDM is a clusterfuck as usual because of the spawns AND map design with people coming potentially from everywhere. HQ and Dominiation see above. Ground War is a poor man's battlefield and puts the game and it's overall design (weapon balance, TTK, map design, poor vehicles) way beyond it's limits. Hardcore is great for removing the HUD and a more immersive experience but lowers the TTK even more to ridiculousness. Free for all might actually be OK because you just kill everything that moves anyway without caring for any objective. Emplacement/Stance or whatever the fuck they call that mode in English kind of counters some poor design choices and is somewhat OK. Campers and/or defenders still have an advantage from footsteps being heard a mile away but at least the area to cover and hold is bigger than in HQ so people can actually contest the point, have space to move, evade and enter, and can fight for it at the point without dying within 0,5seconds after entering the contestable area.

It's really a shame that I can't enjoy about 75% of this game's multiplayer content. The only thing that keeps me somewhat ok with it is that I haven't paid for it because a good friend of mine gifted it to me. But imagining I'd have paid 60 bucks for it would make me super mad, I guess. And I would probably have refunded it by now until they get their shit together. Whenever that's going to be. Probably never, seeing how they never balanced out even CoD 4 back then which just proves that their games are actually work as intended and that they are ignorant to what a well-balanced game is made of.

In contrast, Shoot House is one of the better maps. That map works great for S&D and reminds a bit of Backlot from CoD4. Please keep maps like this coming.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Shoot House is fun but it's dumb that they took out NVG mode with this playlist update, and realism is still gone as well. They really need to be more willing to have more playlists active at once.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, map design in Domination is even more atrocious than in other game modes. Who in their right fucking mind thought that B is a good and FUN position on Rammaza? And because that's not even enough some fucker thought it would also be fun and cool to make the capture area 1x1m small when you can get shot from LITERALLY at least five angles (upper building, lower building, upper gallery, lower alley, square).

It's unbelievable how they fuck up that awesome gunplay with something so fundamental. I wouldn't say anything if they had like one funmap like Shipment in CoD 4 but this is just so bad. Another fine specimen is Hackney Yard, with A having only two angles, C three, and naturally B having again FIVE.

With all the semi-random spawn in HQ and Domination it's so dreadful to cross the map and to get anywhere near you want to go except if you luckily spawn within 15m of the next objective.

From all the game modes S&D is right now the only game mode I enjoy. TDM is a clusterfuck as usual because of the spawns AND map design with people coming potentially from everywhere. HQ and Dominiation see above. Ground War is a poor man's battlefield and puts the game and it's overall design (weapon balance, TTK, map design, poor vehicles) way beyond it's limits. Hardcore is great for removing the HUD and a more immersive experience but lowers the TTK even more to ridiculousness. Free for all might actually be OK because you just kill everything that moves anyway without caring for any objective. Emplacement/Stance or whatever the fuck they call that mode in English kind of counters some poor design choices and is somewhat OK. Campers and/or defenders still have an advantage from footsteps being heard a mile away but at least the area to cover and hold is bigger than in HQ so people can actually contest the point, have space to move, evade and enter, and can fight for it at the point without dying within 0,5seconds after entering the contestable area.

It's really a shame that I can't enjoy about 75% of this game's multiplayer content. The only thing that keeps me somewhat ok with it is that I haven't paid for it because a good friend of mine gifted it to me. But imagining I'd have paid 60 bucks for it would make me super mad, I guess. And I would probably have refunded it by now until they get their shit together. Whenever that's going to be. Probably never, seeing how they never balanced out even CoD 4 back then which just proves that their games are actually work as intended and that they are ignorant to what a well-balanced game is made of.

In contrast, Shoot House is one of the better maps. That map works great for S&D and reminds a bit of Backlot from CoD4. Please keep maps like this coming.

Crying about the balance of CoD4 from what may as well be a different age of multiplayer is stupid, people weren't on social media 24/7 crying about everything they didn't like. Back then we barely got balance patches at all.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Crying about the balance of CoD4 from what may as well be a different age of multiplayer is stupid, people weren't on social media 24/7 crying about everything they didn't like. Back then we barely got balance patches at all.
If it's that what you take away I don't know what to tell you, boy. I guess I expect IW to actually get their shit together then. Or allowing mods so the community can fix it like in CoD4.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
So yesterday afternoon my progress on guns, active missions says 0-200 for camos, and level 1 for all my guns. I haven't lost my attachments or earned camos, thus far, but my progress is wiped clean. Im a level 67 for what it's worth.

Anyone else have this issue?

broony

Oct 27, 2017
So yesterday afternoon my progress on guns, active missions says 0-200 for camos, and level 1 for all my guns. I haven't lost my attachments or earned camos, thus far, but my progress is wiped clean. Im a level 67 for what it's worth.

Anyone else have this issue?

My friend did. Apparently you need to just play a game with one gun and everything will be back for that gun. Sucks.

Edit*
Just asked him about it and:

Hasn't sorted it. Got some of the attachments back but all guns now wont progress...its fucked.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a shipment fan and love Shoot House. The only map where you can't really sit still, I like the change in pace.

That being said, domination is absolute chaos but it's fun!