• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will check it all out later. Thankfully a new GW map but not enough balance changes for the other maps.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have detailed notes of what has been changed?
Patch Notes

Check below for the full list of patch notes.

Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
Fix for various collision issues across maps
Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
RIOT SHIELD:

Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren't causing the shield to go on the player's back when thrown. We've also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn't working consistently. We'll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.

CLAYMORES:

Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We've also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.

BATTLE CHATTER:

Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they've been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We'll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.

MOUNTING:

Slight increase to recoil while mounting.

PERKS:

E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health

LIGHTING:

Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.

FOOTSTEPS:

We've increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!

CHALLENGES/PROGRESSION/RANK

Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We'll have more updates to these systems in future updates.

Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
Camo challenge for "Kills After a Reload" didn't give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
UZI SMG: Increased damage range
MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE

Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match

CYBER ATTACK

Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate

GROUND WAR

Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base

Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
XP adjustments and general backend fixes
Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
Operation Paladin:
Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, played a few matches. Nothing changed except the sprint speed which is good. Claymores still strong, 725 is still the go-to weapon of most, footsteps are super loud still. Sigh.

At least we're headed in the right direction, but man, IW really needs to bring YouTubers up to their base and have soak in suggestons. I'd say bring in regular Joes, but they'll never do that (which Ubi does for The Division).

Same lol

Edit - as soon as I said that finally started 5 minutes later.
There's a bug that it needs 64 players before one match can start or something.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Now I keep having a issue on Ground War where if I can't spawn on a squadmate while attempting to, it keeps bringing up the loadout menu... how annoying lol

Edit - also seems to happen every time a point that I have selected that turns red I can't spawn on, pls just stop already

Oct 27, 2017

Basically a tamagotchi in your watch that feeds off your kills. They showed it off before release but it's nowhere to be found in the game.

After playing a while I must say the M4 is still too strong. It needs a straight damage nerf, not just a range reduction. It was always a high fire rate, low damage weapon but here it is high RoF and high damage.
Also it could just be my imagination but I had far fewer insta deaths in the few matches I played today. Could be that they stealth tweaked the netcode.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After a quick round of FFA... nothing really changed. Meta is still M4/725/claymore spam, footsteps still loud, camping still dominant.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just won an FFA 23-3. The prior match I got owned because I played run'n'gun and everybody was camping. Started doing the same again and dominated. The patch points out they are acknowledging issues but it seems like they can't/won't quite pull the trigger on drastic changes yet.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
So the meta Hasn't changed at all? That's a bit of a bummer. Also surprised to see smgs get buffed while semi auto remains unchanged. Would have at least expected them to reduce recoil on FAL and famas and maybe increase dmg range.

At least glad to see that they are trying to head in the right direction. I just hope that the patches wont take too long.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Played a couple of quick rounds and while running feels much better now, everything else does seem like same old, same old. Still getting hipfire OHK'd by the 725 from far away. So the patch ain't gonna be enough for me, but hopefully the new 6v6 map is good and maybe I'll get a few dozen matches of fun out of it.

I'm also getting fucking wrecked. Like, <0.3kdr wrecked. Not sure what's going on.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple of quick rounds and while running feels much better now, everything else does seem like same old, same old. Still getting hipfire OHK'd by the 725 from far away. So the patch ain't gonna be enough for me, but hopefully the new 6v6 map is good and maybe I'll get a few dozen matches of fun out of it.

I'm also getting fucking wrecked. Like, <0.3kdr wrecked. Not sure what's going on.

I was also getting destroyed. The match I mentioned earlier (only 1 of 2 I managed to sneak in my lunch break) I was going 1-3, so I figured that the meta didn't change fuckall, captured a great camping spot (killing the previous camper holding said position) and sat there to the end. 21 kill streak, 22-3, I won the FFA. Claymores are still stupidly OP, they blow up immediately and you can't do fuck about it. One even managed to kill me despite having the flak jacket on (maybe they were two on top of each other?). There's still no reason to expose yourself at all, just stay inside, protect the entrances with claymores and sneak around like a newcomer. It's the most effective strategy even after the patch sadly :(

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys still not using EOD? ha...

Also, does anyone run the quickfix perk and have any impressions?

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Have they mentioned anything about old maps making a return? That would hopefully reduce the camping, atleast on those maps

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Have they mentioned anything about old maps making a return? That would hopefully reduce the camping, atleast on those maps

IW haven't mentioned anything about any old maps no, however, thegamingrevolution who leaks a lot of stuff (and gets most of it right) has said a lot of the old maps are returning, you'll have to go through his twitter to find specifically which ones, and there is a map list floating about (with the new GW and 6v6 map on it) that looks like this:

What I'm really hoping for is Christmas Crash (which I never got on the 360).

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Not happy. The latest patch has completely tanked my performance on PC. The menus and the beginning of matches are a jittery mess, not to mention the meta hasn't even changed. Did they even nerf the 725?

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Please no, I hated that and all the other goofy variant maps they did.

I don't think they have done enough, I love reskinned maps for some reason :/

I guess because we missed out on some maps from COD 4 (if I remember right) and it was a 'new thing' for me back then, I really wanted anything I could get my hands on at the time, so yeah, it would be more because I never got to play it that I want it, however, I've really enjoyed the later games with different themed maps also. Each to their own :)

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Balancing shotguns has to be the hardest thing in a game that promotes itself as striving for a more "realistic" take on warfare.

On one hand, yeah it is frustrating and somewhat limits the gameplay opportunities of other weapons, but on the other hand... a shotgun that isn't a one hit kill at close to mid range would seem a bit weird?

Sure, the range can be tweaked somewhat (seeing those outrageous longshots certainly made me laugh), but what is it that people want? 2 hits from a shotty to get a kill in a game where TTK is extraordinarily low?

I don't think we'll ever have something that isn't constantly complained about tbh.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They were really trying to temper expectations so I didn't expect the patch to include this much. I'm stuck at the office all day but looking forward to impressions. Seems like Ground War may be busted right now.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Balancing shotguns has to be the hardest thing in a game that promotes itself as striving for a more "realistic" take on warfare.

On one hand, yeah it is frustrating and somewhat limits the gameplay opportunities of other weapons, but on the other hand... a shotgun that isn't a one hit kill at close to mid range would seem a bit weird?

Sure, the range can be tweaked somewhat (seeing those outrageous longshots certainly made me laugh), but what is it that people want? 2 hits from a shotty to get a kill in a game where TTK is extraordinarily low?

I don't think we'll ever have something that isn't constantly complained about tbh.

The thing about shotguns and realism is that they would be lethal much further out than they are in games but only against flesh. Unless the shotgun is firing slugs then the pellets will be near useless against all but the cheapest kevlar. Throw in a ballistic plate and the pellets are just going to tickle. Most of the skins in CoD games have a good bit of armor on.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A realistic shotgun is a horrible idea in a videogame, especially if videogames are done like this. In COD (and most games), when your HP reaches 0 you die on the spot, you don't agonize for half an hour (because that, too, wouldn't be much fun). A shotgun in real life is pretty lethal even from 30 meters, but you don't get blown to pieces in the instant it hits you, it's possible you just get some shrapnel that damages you but you get to carry on, or you're grounded by the impact (but you have a flak jacket so you don't necessarily die, in fact chances are the pellets don't do much damage at all from a large distance if you have a good vest) but manage to take out a pistol, a grenade or something. The 725 right now kills you the instant it hits you, nearly anywhere it hits you, nearly from any distance. That makes it effectively more lethal than in real life.

And then there's of course the weapon balance. Why would anybody pick an AR, an SMG, a sniper rifle on small-medium sized maps when any distance you can find an enemy can be used to instagib your opponent as if it was that mode in Unreal Tournament? A smart game designer would make it that the pellet spread is high so that it's only truly lethal from close-up. It would make reload times comparably pretty enormous. Hell, it could even cause reduced mobility because you need less precision with a spray-and-pray gun compared to one where you get only 1-2 chances before having to initialize a lengthy reload. I also think that it's stupid that changing weapons is far quicker than any reload in such games because it renders reloading a moot option whereas in real life it would still probably be the best option unless you hide a loaded and cocked gun in your sleeve or something (rather unsafe), but that's a discussion for another day.

The Super Shotgun in Doom II back in 1994 did this the correct way: the pellets spread just felt balanced for a videogame. You get one shot which deals absurd damage close-up, one shotting enemies in most cases. At any large distance it's like a peashooter, making other weapons far preferable and keeping a heavy balance that makes you rotate weapons organically (albeit it can't be fully compared with COD as you can have like 10 different weapons at the same time there, you're not forced to pick two and deal with those only). Not only that, but if you miss your shot at eliminating the enemy, you will have to reload for a couple seconds, and the reload animation can not be interrupted - another element that makes it harder to cheese the shotgun like in COD or Halo where you could land a shotgun hit debilitating your opponent, then finish 'em off with a pistol or something equally quick.

In a fast-paced arena shooter like Call Of Duty, a realistic shotgun makes no sense. There has to be compromises on its use, otherwise you get a situation not unlike the 725 now: everybody uses that option because it largely trumps any other option, including snipers that only really matter on 10v10 or 32v32 maps at this point. If they want a realistic weapon balance that makes shotguns as they are, they should also consider putting long (manual?) reloads for them with no chance to simply switch to another weapon in the blink of an eye. Or stop with the self-regenerating claymores or other definitely not too realistic options.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017

I mean, I use the pump shotgun(680 I think) and get hit markers at a certain distance which makes sense. All of the kills with the over/under shotgun are almost OHK at the same range including hip fire. That doesn't make sense.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
what's wrong with ground war?
Games taking 5+ minutes to start, and every time I had to respawn, my loadout menu was popping up constantly on the respawn menu. Really fking annoying.

Not sure if people were having that other issue, but it seemed like when I was hovering over a teammate to spawn on them, and they go red (meaning I can't spawn on them), it would bring up the loadout menu. Also happened when enemies were on a point, making it red or if they took over a location.

Sat on the respawn menu to see how much it would do it and it happened like 30 times within a minute lol

Weird thing is, I've had this issue happen before.. but not this much, way far less..

Edit - Yup looked it up and other people having the same loadout issue.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games taking 5+ minutes to start, and every time I had to respawn, my loadout menu was popping up constantly on the respawn menu. Really fking annoying.

Not sure if people were having that other issue, but it seemed like when I was hovering over a teammate to spawn on them, and they go red (meaning I can't spawn on them), it would bring up the loadout menu. Also happened when enemies were on a point, making it red or if they took over a location.

Sat on the respawn menu to see how much it would do it and it happened like 30 times within a minute lol

Weird thing is, I've had this issue happen before.. but not this much, way far less..

Edit - Yup looked it up and other people having the same loadout issue.

With great updates come great bugs

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The 725 is the same OP shit.
M4 has a bit more recoil. SMGs are better now with the increased speed (they were already good)
Claymores from certain angles, if you have full HP, will not kill you.
Idk why but the IQ on xbox one x seems worse. But it's probably just me.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
The thing about shotguns and realism is that they would be lethal much further out than they are in games but only against flesh. Unless the shotgun is firing slugs then the pellets will be near useless against all but the cheapest kevlar. Throw in a ballistic plate and the pellets are just going to tickle. Most of the skins in CoD games have a good bit of armor on.

So what do you think? Is a 2 hit kill more viable for the sake of realism, balance and most of all fun? I understand there has to be a point where "fun" and "realism" converge to provide a decent playing experience.
In a fast-paced arena shooter like Call Of Duty, a realistic shotgun makes no sense. There has to be compromises on its use, otherwise you get a situation not unlike the 725 now: everybody uses that option because it largely trumps any other option, including snipers that only really matter on 10v10 or 32v32 maps at this point. If they want a realistic weapon balance that makes shotguns as they are, they should also consider putting long (manual?) reloads for them with no chance to simply switch to another weapon in the blink of an eye. Or stop with the self-regenerating claymores or other definitely not too realistic options.

To my mind, this is how previous CoD games handled their shotgun pellet spread isn't it? Lethal at close distance, all but useless at further targets? (In fact we see it on the 680!) Why did IW think the change would be beneficial, I don't find it too frustrating (at close range), but I can certainly see the argument for how it's ruining the weapon variety. I agree for the most part that a "more realistic" take on a shotgun in a twitch shooter such as this is a bad idea, but I do also worry about weapon viability.

For the most part, I've never seen shotguns take a presence in CoD over say, SMG's, AR's or LMG's (admittedly, I don't keep up with the meta on such games, so I may have missed something!) but the last time I remember shotguns being a big deal in CoD was the Akimbo mess from MW2.

Hopefully they can strike the right balance between fun and fair and that post-nerf, the shotguns are made pointless.

I mean, I use the pump shotgun(680 I think) and get hit markers at a certain distance which makes sense. All of the kills with the over/under shotgun are almost OHK at the same range including hip fire. That doesn't make sense.

Yeah, given the damage drop off that the R-90 and 680 get at range, it seems only right the 725 should be similar unless equipped with barrel mods, slugs or something else.

I don't mind the close range damage but it's the mid-to-long engagements where it's still dealing stupid damage that's annoying to me.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did I say drop shotting didn't exist? I said i personally started noticing jump shooting a lot more in blops 4.

I have actually played every cod. Apparently not as 1337 as you I guess to be matched up with all the players using "pro tactics" 🙄

It was like 4am and I corrected it literally minutes later I mistyped because I was tired as fuck. If you actually quoted the correct post you would see it was changed.

I didn't say shit about drop shots in the quote above it was a direct response to your stupid post about removing jump shots I didn't think I had to.

I'm not the one stating jump shooting wasn't a thing until blops 4.

You must be playing a different game Game as I and others have said it's always been a thing.

this is the best comeback you got. yeah you got me on a typo bro at 4 am while I was awake because I couldn't sleep.

Anyone complaining about jump shots isn't good at the game that's a given. I never said I was a "pro" or whatever.

You are literally crying about people trying to avoid your shots. would you like them not to strafe as well we should just stand still for you right ?

You quoted the wrong post that one Says nothing about drop shots 🙄

Last edited: