• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
There also needs to be an accuracy penalty for jumping and shooting. It feels as if jumping around corners and shooting has become the new drop shot. Maybe a penalty is already in place? not sure.

I dont remember jump shooting being done that often until black ops4. Seems like you have no penalty for doing it while ads-ing? Seems silly to me too and a bit annoying if there isn't any accuracy drop off. It is what it is I guess.

I personally haven't seen that much of it in this one so far.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Reducing the effectiveness of jump shooting or drop shooting doesn't magically make the game any less CoD lol

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do I get better? I pretty much die every 1 on 1 confrontation and I don't know why. It looks like every oponnent has 10/1
OMG! This super big for me and I hope it works.

LIGHTING:

Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
I usually lose the 1 on 1 fights with guys in windows so this sounds good.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
The updates to the callouts and footsteps and claymores and 725 and M4 were all highly requested so glad that they got on that.

I do hope the spawn logic is addressed soon since that's is a big issue as well.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The updates to the callouts and footsteps and claymores and 725 and M4 were all highly requested so glad that they got on that.

I do hope the spawn logic is addressed soon since that's is a big issue as well.

I'm currently updating now but can anyone comment on what the 725 is like to use now? I'm hoping to see people have more variety in their weapon choices.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Dang, I'm working from home so I thought I'd take a small break and check out the new 6v6 map, but it looks like those aren't up yet.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Great patch!

Great to see the changes to callouts that was so annoying,.

I hope the nerf to the 725 is a big one, that thing needed it's damage range cutting in half at least.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Patch notes seem to be moving in the right direction. I wonder if the stability stuff is linked to the 1X crashing? I hope so, since it is driving me crazy that they patch a game and it is still an issue.

Claymore tweaks sound good, as does the audio changes and callouts. Hopefully it works.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I dont remember jump shooting being done that often until black ops4. Seems like you have no penalty for doing it while ads-ing? Seems silly to me too and a bit annoying if there isn't any accuracy drop off. It is what it is I guess.

I personally haven't seen that much of it in this one so far.

Comments like this are so weird to me it's like we don't even play the same game.

lmao I guess you don't play or know very much about call of duty. It's always been a thing since cod 4 and became really popular all the way back in black ops 2.

it's something high skill players do so maybe skill based matching is really a thing if you have never seen it. Because in my lobbies every one is super sprint cancelling and jump shooting.

MonkeySleeve

Nov 15, 2017
Comments like this are so weird to me it's like we don't even play the same game.

lmao I guess you don't play or know very much about call of duty. It's always been a thing since cod 4 and became really popular all the way back in black ops 2.

it's something high skill players do so maybe skill based matching is really a thing if you have never seen it. Because in my lobbies every one is super sprint cancelling and jump shooting.
Stealth brag and insults, look at you go xD

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Jump shooting has been a thing since way back when, and probably only became popular with most people coming to a fro from Halo 3 to COD 4... ha. or UT really. Reason it's probably not been seen as much is because people have been so static.

ara you should be able to find the map in a custom game.

Scratch that...

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They nerfed BOTH the M4 and 725?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW!?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

How do you super sprint cancel?

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
People won't be happy about the 725 nerf... it's not that noticeable, just played a match against bots to assess the range. It's still pretty bonkers.

I find jump shooting incredibly ridiculous and smh when encountering players who do that especially in Gunfight. I am extremely enlightened if I get them bunnies while they are mid air.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Did I say drop shotting didn't exist? I said i personally started noticing jump shooting a lot more in blops 4.

I have actually played every cod. Apparently not as 1337 as you I guess to be matched up with all the players using "pro tactics" 🙄

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't nerf the 725 enough.

Officer challenges seem to work properly now, but missions still de-select themselves and don't track.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds great. I don't think it solves all of the game's issues, mind, but they seem to be receptive on the feedback. Visibility, footsteps, callouts, claymore balance, that fucking shotgun... it's slowly getting there. I hope they get around to change the map designs, the TTK and all, but this patch is encouraging. Good timing for it to come out on a Friday: guess I'll put some time into the game this weekend after all.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
725 Damage range was reduced but not very noticeably so -- you'll still get kills you might not think are possible
M4 is still very useful and even with the damage reduction is probably still the best all around choice
Movement is faster
Running and gunning is as viable as it always was/wasn't in this game so if you're playing against run and gunners it will be viable, and if you're playing against a more 'tactical' team then you will get similar results
Claymores still don't have a delayed timer so if you get caught around a corner or through a door with one it's still lights out -- haven't had the chance to shoot one yet to see if it's still lethal

One good thing is that dom displays number of captures now which is nice
Also your character will still say 'reloading' and 'I've been hit' and the like, but yes no more enemy callouts which is nice
You still get all the callouts from your teammates
Footsteps overall seem a bit quieter which I guess is thanks to the occlusion -- I think the overall lower volume makes it easier to distinguish between enemy and ally as enemy ones are louder than ally ones but that was hard to distinguish before when they were both louder

Overall I'm not sure the meta has changed much but the footstep, movement speed increase, and callout updates have been good updates