• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Can't say whether they'll be "fixed," but rest assured spawn logic across multiple maps & modes are being looked at.

Greater note to you all: Don't expect all your wishes to be met tomorrow. Adjustments will come in waves, but know that everyone is working ridiculously hard on refining the experience...like ludicrously hard, lol.
🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿
Three main thoroughfares through the map with small shortcuts to hop between lanes. It has been a staple of CoD map design since MW2, I think.
Yea, MW2 popularized it, but there were some maps before MW2 that had the setup.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Keep hype for Kill House down

apparently it's possible that its a gunfight map that is reworked for 6v6 according to tgr

it was originally labeled a gunfight map.

Really hope thats not true

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
WHY THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE STEAL YOUR KILL WHEN YOU'RE DOING A FINISHING MOVE?!?!?!?!?! WHO THE FUCK COMES UP WITH THE DESIGN DECISIONS IN THIS GAME?!?!?!?!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If you're going to include a challenge for capturing 20 HQs, change it so that everyone on the HQ when it gets captured gets credit, not just the first person.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you're going to include a challenge for capturing 20 HQs, change it so that everyone on the HQ when it gets captured gets credit, not just the first person.

Dude, the challenges are so broken. My "Active" one doesn't stay active. This game is such a mess with these challenges. I was told to get 35 hipfire kills with a laser and it wouldn't work on the Bizon, but when I switched to the Kilo 141 it suddenly was tracking. It is so stupid.

Deleted member 37303

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Here's a couple of those Totino's codes for some in game stuff. 1st code entry gets you a calling card, 2nd gets you a watch, 3rd gets a box of steak knives.

JFJMVN49662P4

1pvrwrex9bj9n

Oct 25, 2017
WHY THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE STEAL YOUR KILL WHEN YOU'RE DOING A FINISHING MOVE?!?!?!?!?! WHO THE FUCK COMES UP WITH THE DESIGN DECISIONS IN THIS GAME?!?!?!?!
Worst part is doing it in groundwar where squad can spawn on you and immediately kill them
Or even better
It doesn't count as combat and their squad spawns a few feet behind you immediately blasting you away 90% done with the animation

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I tried playing one of those co op missions....it's the worst gaming experience I've had in a while....who thought that that shit would be fun? Just endless waves of enemies spawning from all directions plus jugernauts all over the place which take thousands of bullets to take down...never touching that mode again...

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Here's a couple of those Totino's codes for some in game stuff. 1st code entry gets you a calling card, 2nd gets you a watch, 3rd gets a box of steak knives.

JFJMVN49662P4

1pvrwrex9bj9n

FYI, if you want to give out codes to members specifically, there's a tag that makes them only readable in quotes, so lurkers can't take them.

[ hide ] text to hide here [ /hide ] (without spaces)

like so:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
It'd be nice if it was right there in the formatting bar, but alas.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get credit at all for the initial capture. If you want to complete that challenge you have to allow it to get captured by the enemy team (fucking stupid, I know) and then your team needs to disable the headquarters from the enemy.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first gun to max level (M4, level 71) and I originally had planned to go for gold camos, but seeing the mounted kills and kills after reloading (which is an absolutely stupidly tight window, I have like 3 on the M4) I don't think I'm going to bother. So now that prestiging is gone, I'm not bothering to chase the officer challenges because there's a handful I know I'm not going to be able to do because they're either BS or I'm not good enough, I.....sort of have nothing to aim for now? lol

I think this got posted a good ways back but I just watched this and holy shit I have never agreed with a video 100% as much as I do this one

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Along with the 725 nerf they could probably stand to slow down the weapon switch speed on overkill weapons. I fought an entire team of people running shield and 725 and they were whipping those shotguns out in the blink of an eye, which is all you need to clear out anything standing vaguely in front of you with the 725.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
There also needs to be an accuracy penalty for jumping and shooting. It feels as if jumping around corners and shooting has become the new drop shot. Maybe a penalty is already in place? not sure.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
There also needs to be an accuracy penalty for jumping and shooting. It feels as if jumping around corners and shooting has become the new drop shot. Maybe a penalty is already in place? not sure.

It's pretty amazing this still isn't a thing. I've gotten killed by dudes shooting me ADS while falling, so clearly actually being in the air has barely any effect on accuracy.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

I'm torn. I hate corner hopping and general hopping within combat in a non-advanced movement game, but I also like being in a higher place and jumping down over a guy in a lower place and killing him on my way and that being a thing I can do.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Got my first gun to max level (M4, level 71) and I originally had planned to go for gold camos, but seeing the mounted kills and kills after reloading (which is an absolutely stupidly tight window, I have like 3 on the M4) I don't think I'm going to bother. So now that prestiging is gone, I'm not bothering to chase the officer challenges because there's a handful I know I'm not going to be able to do because they're either BS or I'm not good enough, I.....sort of have nothing to aim for now? lol

I think this got posted a good ways back but I just watched this and holy shit I have never agreed with a video 100% as much as I do this one

I agree with everything he said.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I just finished the mission Hometown in the campaign, and so far I haven't seen anything that I find overly controversial? I thought the previews said that this was very controversial and the hard decisions and telling people apart etc? I think everything has been pretty straight forward?

Did they change anything before release or haven't I encountered it yet?

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of the 725 shotgun. It's a goddamn sniped at this point

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I just finished the mission Hometown in the campaign, and so far I haven't seen anything that I find overly controversial? I thought the previews said that this was very controversial and the hard decisions and telling people apart etc? I think everything has been pretty straight forward?

Did they change anything before release or haven't I encountered it yet?

Also, I'm getting sick and tired of the 725 shotgun. It's a goddamn sniped at this point

The campaign is just "fine" I feel, it doesn't do anything overly special and they make it way too obvious they are drawing heavy inspiration from other sources like Zero Dark Thirty, London Has Fallen and 13 Hours. The historical revisionism stuff was irresponsible but it isn't that big of a deal. It's briefly mentioned in a cutscene and is featured in a pretty bland sniper wave defense mission. Also the main antagonist is just a straight up cartoon villain with very little depth.

At this stage, I would be more impressed by a CoD campaign that actually dares to paint the western powers in a worse light instead of just blaming somebody else.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious about this patch. Yesterday I did a little Black Ops nostalgia ride playing 4, then 3 and 2. Other than the obscene amount of hacking going on in BO2 (I should probably not play it again because today's hacks can fuck up your stats real hard) they both aged pretty well.

Oct 25, 2017
At this stage, I would be more impressed by a CoD campaign that actually dares to paint the western powers in a worse light instead of just blaming somebody else.
latest

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
This game will go down as a classic in the franchise, even with all its problems.

Maybe by the crowd who haven't seriously played the franchise since MW3.
To me at least, this is a step back, at the moment. Waiting to see if balancing and new maps turn that around.

It feels good to play, at least.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Curious about this patch. Yesterday I did a little Black Ops nostalgia ride playing 4, then 3 and 2. Other than the obscene amount of hacking going on in BO2 (I should probably not play it again because today's hacks can fuck up your stats real hard) they both aged pretty well.
How can BO2 fuck up your stats? Just your BO2 stats or other games? If just BO2 I don't see why it would matter.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can BO2 fuck up your stats? Just your BO2 stats or other games? If just BO2 I don't see why it would matter.

Just BO2, but it's a game I have weeks of multiplayer game time in alone (and who knows how many between Campaign, Zombies, private matches, replays, etc.), and I want to treasure those stats. There's all kinds of advanced hacking techniques in that game right now, just witnessed a replay from a match yesterday in which a dude had complete control of everything: not only he could activate all kinds of aimbots for him and any other player, he could even change other people's in-game stats, adding for example 500k extra deaths to someone (I'm just happy he did that shit to somebody else in that match, not me) or chaning their in-match score drastically. That hack even allows the user to kick others, ban people from the server (so no rejoin), or even freeze their console.

It's disgusting, and I legit fear playing that game again in multiplayer now. I have all kinds of stats, saved files and achievements I value in that game and despite the fact I don't play the game much at all nowadays I'd hate it so much if it was taken away from me. It's a bit like conserving an old save file on a classic console.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes

Check below for the full list of patch notes.

Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
Fix for various collision issues across maps
Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
RIOT SHIELD:

Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren't causing the shield to go on the player's back when thrown. We've also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn't working consistently. We'll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.

CLAYMORES:

Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We've also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.

BATTLE CHATTER:

Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they've been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We'll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.

MOUNTING:

Slight increase to recoil while mounting.

PERKS:

E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health

LIGHTING:

Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.

FOOTSTEPS:

We've increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!

CHALLENGES/PROGRESSION/RANK

Daily Challenges and Active Missions are getting a full sweep of testing and fixes. We'll have more updates to these systems in future updates.

Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
Camo challenge for "Kills After a Reload" didn't give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
UZI SMG: Increased damage range
MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE

Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match

CYBER ATTACK

Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate

GROUND WAR

Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base

Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
XP adjustments and general backend fixes
Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
Operation Paladin:
Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Patch and Maps - just as you get into work.... whoop :/

Ah well, will be good to read all the impressions today, can't wait to get home and switch on :)

Edit - nice to see the return of the movement speed from the beta :)

Not going to continue to look through all the patch updates and comment on each one, but glad to see the lighting update also. And whilst I'm here, after this update to the ghost perk and silencers, how does this now work, stupid question I know, but have they merely 'fixed' an issue with the current Ghost perk, or 'updated' the ghost perk?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those patch notes are exactly the issues they needed to check, maybe sans the spawning (which to be fair, seems only bad in Picadilly for me). Great job, IW.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch and Maps - just as you get into work.... whoop :/

Ah well, will be good to read all the impressions today, can't wait to get home and switch on :)

Edit - nice to see the return of the movement speed from the beta :)

Not going to continue to look through all the patch updates and comment on each one, but glad to see the lighting update also. And whilst I'm here, after this update to the ghost perk and silencers, how does this now work, stupid question I know, but have they merely 'fixed' an issue with the current Ghost perk, or 'updated' the ghost perk?

fixed ghost, it seems firing with a suppressor was supposed to keep you hidden but it wasn't

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OMG! This super big for me and I hope it works.

LIGHTING:

Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a great patch for sure. SMGs seem to be the only weapon type that just got straight up buffed, so this seems like a good time to try the MP5 or MP7 out. Are the new maps out too?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I was already destroying people with the MP5, with it buffed I don't know what I'm going to get.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Time to level the MP7 with the beta move speed + increased movement speed for SMG's.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Nah this is cod it's an arcade shooter and jump shotting has always been a thing. Stop trying to turn cod into something it's not .

Jump shots are one of the few way to combat Johnny no thumbs sitting in a dark corner camping with a shotgun.

anyways

patch notes look great although footsteps should be silent when crouch walking. I don't know why we need to wait for another patch for that.

This is a good start though and thank god the movement from the beta is back.