• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hardpoint, a new 6v6 map (Shoot House), and a new Ground War map (Farmland) are coming tomorrow along with other tuning adjustments.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, WE'RE GOOD!

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Hardpoint, a new 6v6 map (Shoot House), and a new Ground War map (Farmland) are coming tomorrow along with other tuning adjustments.
Great news. Thanks for chiming in. Looking forward to everything except Ground War, because I somehow feel audio levels are purposely bumped up by 10 to increase the "Battlefield" feeling. It's so stressful for me playing that mode lol

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
I am positive that the kill after a reload for the FAL is bugged. Today I tried a TDM 20 and did like 6-7 kills right after reloading and my stats are 1/55 or 70. This is the most messed challenge specifically for the FAL. There is no way to unlock skins, given that the you can select one perk per weapon. Either the fast reload or 3 burst shot.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
I am positive that the kill after a reload for the FAL is bugged. Today I tried a TDM 20 and did like 6-7 kills right after reloading and my stats are 1/55 or 70. This is the most messed challenge specifically for the FAL. There is no way to unlock skins, given that the you can select one perk per weapon. Either the fast reload or 3 burst shot.
It might have count, but stats don't show correctly. When I did my MP7 gold camo, none of the challenge went up, but every tier I pass unlocked camos.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Gonna put up a Shoot House only playlist, or do we gotta load up 6v6 TDM/DOM/whatever and just.. Hope we get the new map?

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed we're getting a new GW map this soon but no 10v10 map, but still, great to hear new content is on the way.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeebus. Everything in this POS is broken. I know it's beating a dead horse, but let me enumarate:

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
TDM scoreboard doesn't show deaths
Dom scoreboard doesn't show captures (WTF?)
Netcode isn't good.
Team balancing is broken too.
Crashing/tech issues abound on PC/XB1
Challenges don't register properly
Launchers (RPGs, etc) need KILLS instead of streak destruction for camos (LOL)
Launchers splash damage is MW and MW2 levels
Encountered content ownership issues at start up (PS4)

...and so on.

Aside from Gunfight, Gunsmith, and gunplay, what else did it nail?

If you hate it this much why are you even still playing?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

thanks for confirming shoot house is 6v6 this game is in dire need of 6v6 maps.

excited for the update because the games borderline unplayable right now in its current state. Hopefully the 725 and the terrible footsteps audio will be fixed.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's ironic: much of the community was so damn happy to lose Black Ops 3/4's "Disneyland on drugs" visual identity, with supercolourful unserious maps and people running around with unicorn, panda or snowman skins using pink weapons changing looks. Their visuals are now very natural and realistic, but this decision absolutely murdered visibility, and map readability, with this more natural style also creating a lot of areas that just don't feel particularly balanced or fun to play. I think this sums up nearly all issues this game has: they wanted to go so far away with what people hated about recent CODs that they slaughtered all the positive elements they had in an attempt to overcompensate for recent games' shortcomings.

BO4's insane TTK -> one of the lowest TTKs ever.
Unrealistic designs -> everything needs to look totally real.
Poinstreaks and ways to counter 'em -> gone, back to the OP killstreaks from MW1.
Claymores, betties and other traps gone -> back in full force, stronger than ever in fact.

I could go on. Hopefully they learn the right lessons from the game and manage to correct the course at least a bit because technically they have an incredibly strong foundation to build upon. It's just that they might not deem it worth a try: the next COD is out this time next year, they have a COD to deliver in 2 years probably (we're not aware of a third studio being back in the rotation for now) and possibly even that standalone BR mode in the next months. They might not want to take resources away from the next projects to correct the course for this game. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I don't get it, the game has now been out two weeks, do you not give them anytime whatsoever to fix up things or should they be instant the moment you demand them?

You need to chill out with calling them out every 30 seconds on everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they're adding new content quickly but I was hoping they'd do packs instead of this 1 or 2 every month or so since it feels like not much is there when it's 1 or 2 things in comparison to the base.

Still no roadmap, acknowledgment of spec ops being basura, just here ya go.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeebus. Everything in this POS is broken. I know it's beating a dead horse, but let me enumarate:

Spawns
Maps
Weapon Balance
TDM scoreboard doesn't show deaths
Dom scoreboard doesn't show captures (WTF?)
Netcode isn't good.
Team balancing is broken too.
Crashing/tech issues abound on PC/XB1
Challenges don't register properly
Launchers (RPGs, etc) need KILLS instead of streak destruction for camos (LOL)
Launchers splash damage is MW and MW2 levels
Encountered content ownership issues at start up (PS4)

...and so on.

Aside from Gunfight, Gunsmith, and gunplay, what else did it nail?
Dude let it go and move on, the other COD's are all hugely popular.

Sounds like you have too many issues with the game which won't ever get fixed to your wish list.

If the real issue is that you keep dying and getting losses, then simple self admit you need to improve and work towards it.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna put up a Shoot House only playlist, or do we gotta load up 6v6 TDM/DOM/whatever and just.. Hope we get the new map?

Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed we're getting a new GW map this soon but no 10v10 map, but still, great to hear new content is on the way.

Don't actually know the answer to this question. Sorry!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, the game has now been out two weeks, do you not give them anytime whatsoever to fix up things or should they be instant the moment you demand them?

It's a series of baffling decisions to ship the game with. I expect them to fix some of them. I really want them to, because the movement and gunplay feels fucking great otherwise.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

most of these issues are self inflicted by the design philosophy of protecting new/bad players at the expensive of the rest of the community the backlash is totally justified.

The claymores, lighting, 725, Footstep audio, kill streaks and awful map design. these are all thing that should have been changed before launch. It's wild to me they play tested this game and thought it was good.

like who cleared this audio change after the beta it's so awful and obviously broken. Same with the change to movement after the beta.

Those two changes are what made the camping so bad in the current game.

I actually like the gunplay and the movement is almost perfect if they speed it up like the beta.

I think that's why people are so mad the game has such potential but some design decisions are really dragging it down.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Me, I started playing with the FAL rifle and have 1 while all of the reset skins are unlocked! Checked youtube and found this:

Yup I was trying to get the first AR gold. I have over 800 kills with it yet I have under 15 reload and get a kill quickly. I saw a video you have to kill a person 2 or 3 seconds after reloading and the best game mode is ground war because there are so many players there.

I personally gave up on it because getting 55 of these is completely absurd with these maps. It should be like 20 at the most.

Unlocked nearly every other skin but that and got 4 of those reload kills. Put on sleight of hand and started reloading in ADS, and got 14 of those kills in two matches. Can confirm that after playing two matches, it's going a bit smoother after that video.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore is fantastic. Had a blast playing that last night.

Yea, that's all I've been playing. Made the move to Hardcore during BO2, I believe, and never looked back.

In terms of the trophy system, does it only protect you from grenades and not against killstreaks? I've had a few instances where a cruise missile hits me even though I've had a trophy up.

New map tomorrow and some adjustments? Nice!

Oct 27, 2017
Hope some good changes are in those tunings, and hopefully some full patch notes.

Gotta make sure my PS4 is in rest mode during the day so it doesnt take 20 years to install the update :P

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the gunplay and the movement is almost perfect if they speed it up like the beta.

I think that's why people are so mad the game has such potential but some design decisions are really dragging it down.

Yeah that's definitely it for me; it's frustrating because the core gameplay is SO GOOD but there's all this other crazy shit bogging it down.

Very curious to see what the patch contains tomorrow. I think the issues many of the maps have aren't going to realistically get fixed (aka they'd require real geometry changes IMO), but a *slight* player movement buff, some adjustments to spawns, footsteps, guns, claymores and fixing outright broken things like challenges not working and this game is like 90% golden. Especially if we're going to get getting maps at a decent clip hopefully, that'll at least help balance the load out.

As an aside: is anyone else missing Prestiges? I'm a ways into the officer stuff, and the problem is that some the officer challenges are crazy shit that I'm realistically never going to be able to do as a pretty average player (kill someone with a care package etc). So I'm never gonna get the final emblem, but even if I did the emblem is *all* that you get. I guess the idea is that whatever battle/season pass they sell is gonna have the actually cool stuff like camos etc? It just feels weird to be leveling right now but it having absolutely no purpose.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup I was trying to get the first AR gold. I have over 800 kills with it yet I have under 15 reload and get a kill quickly. I saw a video you have to kill a person 2 or 3 seconds after reloading and the best game mode is ground war because there are so many players there.

I personally gave up on it because getting 55 of these is completely absurd with these maps. It should be like 20 at the most.

Yeah I can't imagine doing the challenges for ARs with the timing that tight. Time after reloading + ttk can get over 2 seconds easily

Oct 27, 2017
As an aside: is anyone else missing Prestiges? I'm a ways into the officer stuff, and the problem is that some the officer challenges are crazy shit that I'm realistically never going to be able to do as a pretty average player (kill someone with a care package etc). So I'm never gonna get the final emblem, but even if I did the emblem is *all* that you get. I guess the idea is that whatever battle/season pass they sell is gonna have the actually cool stuff like camos etc? It just feels weird to be leveling right now but it having absolutely no purpose.

There are two things I miss from Prestige mode: 1) The juicy gunshot sound in the menu after you finally activate prestige mode 2) Extra create a class slots.

They still haven't mentioned how to get or if extra slots or even in the game.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
There are two things I miss from Prestige mode: 1) The juicy gunshot sound in the menu after you finally activate prestige mode 2) Extra create a class slots.

They still haven't mentioned how to get or if extra slots or even in the game.

You will probably have to pay $$ for the extra slots like Black Ops 2 or 1 (I forget which one of those games did that?).

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping we see more maps like hackney yard and gun runner for the downloadable ones. Also, we need that challenges not registering fixed asap. I was working on those molotov kills for a while to realize they didn't register.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Will Hardpoint spawns be fixed? Watching the pros play it in private matches and the spawns are beyond awful.

Can't say whether they'll be "fixed," but rest assured spawn logic across multiple maps & modes are being looked at.

Greater note to you all: Don't expect all your wishes to be met tomorrow. Adjustments will come in waves, but know that everyone is working ridiculously hard on refining the experience...like ludicrously hard, lol.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect all your wishes to be met tomorrow. Adjustments will come in waves, but know that everyone is working ridiculously hard on refining the experience...like ludicrously hard, lol.

Understood. Any idea when we can expect patch notes? Tomorrow? Later today?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes IW has made lol.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Will Hardpoint spawns be fixed? Watching the pros play it in private matches and the spawns are beyond awful.

I chuckled when I saw they are adding hardpoint to the public playlist. They are having some pros come out and help fix the spawns. You can spawn in the actual hardpoint. Domination spawns are also super broken.

I can't even imagine the pressure the devs are under with this cod league coming up.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I chuckled when I saw they are adding hardpoint to the public playlist. They are having some pros come out and help fix the spawns. You can spawn in the actual hardpoint. Domination spawns are also super broken.

I can't even imagine the pressure the devs are under with this cod league coming up.
When I saw players spawn inside the hill I was legit mindblown, that shouldn't happen EVER.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
2nd day in a row I cannot join a single fucking game because I keep losing my connection.
On XBox.
yesterday XBox Live on my console and when I checked the status online was reporting Social & Gaming was having issues. So I wrote it off as that.
However today it says all services available and my Nat is Open.
Yet I still cannot join a single game successfully.
Closest I got was getting on a game then crashing as soon as I got in. Most of the time I just lose the connection while searching.
Really hope this patch fixes this tomorrow or else I literally have a game I cannot play.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say whether they'll be "fixed," but rest assured spawn logic across multiple maps & modes are being looked at.

Greater note to you all: Don't expect all your wishes to be met tomorrow. Adjustments will come in waves, but know that everyone is working ridiculously hard on refining the experience...like ludicrously hard, lol.
Thanks for the info :)