• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Did you like it in the multiplayer tests?

A lot of problems didn't present themselves in the beta, for example enemies couldn't her your callouts, we didn't get to test some of the worst maps, that OP shotgun wasn't a thing and in general people moved considerably more. The beta definitely baited me.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of problems didn't present themselves in the beta, for example enemies couldn't her your callouts, we didn't get to test some of the worst maps, that OP shotgun wasn't a thing and in general people moved considerably more. The beta definitely baited me.

Same, and also player movement was a bit faster in the beta IIRC. I'm absolutely pissed at myself for buying this digitally. I usually go physical with the one exception being online only games or games where I only care about the multiplayer (such as this), and with 95% of the game being a download I figured I'd just grab this digitally anyway. Ultimately I'll probably get enough time out of it where it won't be a total wash, but it's totally on me for trusting what I played of the beta and the day one hype.

The amount of complaining is a combination of:

-It'll probably be top 3 selling game of the year, so there's a *lot* of people actively playing it
-The game is a big departure in a lot of ways from previous entries that the beta didn't convey (run and gun isn't super viable/the "way" to play)
-Game has very significant issues, many of them borderline objectively bad (callouts, footsteps, maps, insane spawn traps, super OP guns, challenges being outright broken/not working)
-People (like myself) are annoyed because the game has extremely good core gameplay but is surrounded by shit decisions/issues which leads to a lot of chatter because people are begrudgingly playing it and/or can see how good it could potentially be
-It's a CoD game, regardless of it's quality or any actual issues

Last edited:

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have started using the Scar maybe I am at a disadvantage but I like it, not using the metal guns just so I can be different lol. Anyway I find the scar goodish I run about .8 to 1.5 with it which is fine with me. I still find LMGs to be the best guns.

I tried the last one you get and and least early one it's the worst gun I have ever used. Does it get better ?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I keep getting the same 5 maps. Picadilly, St Petrograd, Ramazaa, Hackney Yard and Azhir Cave. I just realized this recently and thought it was just a shitty matchmaking system. I generally play 6v6 TDM and Domination. Do I have to play 10v10 for some of the other maps?

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have started using the Scar maybe I am at a disadvantage but I like it, not using the metal guns just so I can be different lol. Anyway I find the scar goodish I run about .8 to 1.5 with it which is fine with me. I still find LMGs to be the best guns.

I tried the last one you get and and least early one it's the worst gun I have ever used. Does it get better ?
The last lmg? I think it's amazing, high fire rate, hits like a truck, no recoil, and pretty good iron sights to boot. The small mag and long reload is a bummer but the 75 and 100 round mags don't take long to unlock.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Why the hell this shitty matchmaking puts me to american server when I live in EU.
In the recent match I was wondering why my ping was 160ms, so I asked people on match where they live, they said that they are from US.

Matchmaking system should always search on ping, not SBMM.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Why the hell this shitty matchmaking puts me to american server when I live in EU.
In the recent match I was wondering why my ping was 160ms, so I asked people on match where they live, they said that they are from US.

Matchmaking system should always search on ping, not SBMM.
that's exactly what happens with me when i join my friends in middle east in call of duty games. they put us in asian servers where i have ridiculously high ping. so what we do is i usually invite them so we end up in EU servers

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way the spawn system is working properly sometimes in this game. I just played a match of TDM on Aniyah Palace and we spawn locked the enemy team in this tiny little one building area of the map for the last 85% of the match. The game never stopped spawning them there despite us pushing in more and more. It was absolutely crazy dumb. I am just glad I was on the good side of that.

xaO5FNT.png

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have the most complaining, negative player base or what?

Because at its current state, it's dogshit? Maps are bad, spawns are bad, weapon balance are bad, perks are bad, need I go on? It's like what others have said: Infinity Ward has devolutionized years of FPS gameplay mechanics learning.

I just now realised that launchers only level with kills, and not by, y'know, doing what some of them are more-or-less designed gameplay-wise to do and take out killstreaks. Shit's so backwards.

Yep. Sigh. Just insane.

Okay I want one of the people who claim tanks are "no big deal" in Ground War and just "javelin them in 2 shots" to directly fucking explain themselves. I just spent an ENTIRE GAME of Ground War trying to take one out with the javelin, the guy never died and wound up with 101 kills. The javelin can lock onto things, but it comes down right where the thing was when you locked on right? Me and this other dude were javelining this thing nonstop and even with a lockon I was getting like one hitmarker every 5-8 shots. Dude just sat up on the edge of the quarry the entire game and totally fucking shit on us, I went like 4-30 or something. I'm seeing nothing but the same complaints online and from streamers, but every once in a while I see some dude who is just like "javelin them in two shots easy lul" and I want a direct explanation and fucking video evidence of this shit. I'm only even in this complete dogshit mode because I am total fucking trash at sniping but need 30 sniper kills for this mission so I thought it'd be easier here, and I've gotten like 4 sniper kills in 5 games because I've gotten quarry 5 times in a row and we're just getting shit on by tanks on the edge of the map non fucking stop.

It is literally beyond me how anyone enjoys this mode. I fucking LOVE big team bullshit chaos but the ttk of CoD just does NOT lend itself to this whatsoever. I usually can at least break even in regular modes, in this I'm lucky to pull off .5 k/d most games, and I do NOT have this problem in BF or other large scale multiplayer games. It's you running for 20 seconds because you can never spawn on your squad or any capture point anywhere near any action because it's being contested, then being oneshot by someone from one of the five thousand angles 200 yards away you couldn't have possible anticipated. It's actual trash and IW should feel bad. If I could reasonably get sniper kills on any map but the bridge in regular multiplayer (again I am NOT good at sniping, it's the only thing I've never been great at in 20+ years of playing MP games) I'd just do it there.

I don't want to play GW since it just devolves into snipe-fests, but what can I do? I don't enjoy the traditional 6v6 mode too. I just played a match where the entire team was screaming at the spawns and how bad it is. I felt bad for them to be honest.

The thing that gets me with this game is that does almost nothing new. There has been some logic to this generation of Call of Duty not doing as well as the last - they have made notable changes to the formula, from movement to special abilities, even COD WWII with its Divisions.

This game uses the name and concepts for a game from over a decade ago and struggles with it. I find it hard to imagine, following on from the Modern Warfare series, what design problems they've actually solved in 2+ years of development to leave the ones present in the game.

Exactly! It's like someone at IW thought "Gee, I wonder what would happen if we make everything slower, take out whatever it is we learned from past games and just implement new gameplay ideas without checking to see why they're like that in the first place." And we have this Frankenstein-like game that NO ONE asked for.

Did you like it in the multiplayer tests?

I did but it wasn't this bad. If I knew then that it was like this, I'd have voiced out a long time ago.

There is no way the spawn system is working properly sometimes in this game. I just played a match of TDM on Aniyah Palace and we spawn locked the enemy team in this tiny little one building area of the map for the last 85% of the match. The game never stopped spawning them there despite us pushing in more and more. It was absolutely crazy dumb. I am just glad I was on the good side of that.

xaO5FNT.png

Whenever that happens, I feel bad. I know we're doing this because the game is broken and I feel for the enemy team. It's like, it's not their fault that the game is terrible in the most basic ways. There are bad spawns, and there are Modern Warfare 2019-level bad spawns. I check the COD YTers and literally almost 90 percent of them are shitting on this game. I doubt Infinity Ward will listen. It's when the pros whine though, that's when they do since they can't cost Activision that MLG money.

Pros complaining about footsteps? Yep, insta-"we're taking a look at that." Dead Silence? Same thing. Yeesh. It's as if regular gamers didn't have a hand in making the game sell well.

I'm telling you, if this doesn't get fixed soon, this game will die before January 2020. I have friends (anecdotal but still) who play COD all the damn time whenever it comes out, but not MW. They stopped at level 30+ and were complaining about the same shit (spawns, map design, etc.).

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Haven't touched the Multiplayer since yesterday. Its been a blast !
Will try Another round of SpecOps later .

and i hate Indiana Jones

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'm telling you, if this doesn't get fixed soon, this game will die before January 2020.
If this happens, maybe then activision is going to finally release MWR2. Thegamingrevolution was talking about how activision is using MWR2 as "get out jail free card", meaning that if current COD end up failing, they can just release remaster and get the players back.
This is what happened with Infinite warfare.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ground war kinda sucks
its like a shitty version of BF3

It's like if amateur devs decided they want a large-scale shooter. I'm telling you, it made me appreciate DICE a lot more. The fact that BF5 is turning things around when Op Underground got released isn't bad, either.

If this happens, maybe then activision is going to finally release MWR2. Thegamingrevolution was talking about how activision is using MWR2 as "get out jail free card", meaning that if current COD end up failing, they can just release remaster and get the players back.
This is what happened with Infinite warfare.

Yeah, kinda feels that way. I mean, even Acti's projections for this game were not super high, meaning they expected it to not sell as much as Treyarch's given the trend. Treyarch's CODs are usually the best-selling ones.

We got $600M in three days, not sure what happened after. Would also love to see how many got refunds, player base numbers. etc. I have a sneaking feeling that it's not super high as in past CODs.

MW2R would be tits, though. LOL!

manunkindh

Jun 7, 2018
Yeah, I think the people who are arguing "play slow and tactical, you could do this in every CoD lul" are fucking insane, and the fact that virtually every single TDM and KC match, even on the smallest maps, are ending on timeouts proves them wrong. If that's the kind of game you want to play that's totally valid, and I have no problem with it being viable here. But most timed modes ending in timeouts every single match kind of directly shows how much slower this game plays compared to all of the others and it's a valid complaint from people who are expecting a much faster paced game from CoD like it has been, you know the past 10 years or whatever. Crazy!

Absolutely agree. I play FFA almost exclusively and I;ve yet to see a match when someone ends the round with 30 kills. Closest I got was 28 I think, but I had the luck of getting a Vtol and attack chopper.

They legit ruined FFA

They did, there's almost no fun in it anymore. It's been my favorite mode for years but sometimes this shit is almost unplayable.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
While I definitely wished that the game was decent at launch, I am pretty sure IW will do their best to iron out the big flaws in the coming weeks.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I play only 6v6 modes and I still really enjoy the game. But Im starting to feel the presence of the Double Barrel, lol. I like using it, but now it feels like almost everyone uses it. Becomes like One in Chamber with these one shot kills.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
some of these fixes need to be done soon. Surprised the challenges tracking has not been fixed yet...
Yeah those are annoying af. I guess (hope) they come this week alongside those further footsteps refinements and claymore adjustments. If they won't fix challenges I will probably take a break as well. I'm already rank 70 or so and have completed barely any challenges which is sad.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
So frustrating. All of last night I was on the losing side b/c maybe only one other person on my team would actually play the objective. Somehow I always end up on this side, and it's really frustrating.

Kill Confirm all night was like this:
20191106-200015.jpg

20191106-200051.jpg

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm around 55 ribbons right now. I'll continue doing them but I'll have that 97 number in mind, lol.

Just another thing to add to their list.

Still having a good time regardless. Loving Pointman with Kill Comfirmed. No one wants to pick up tags? Ok, I'll take them!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely agree. I play FFA almost exclusively and I;ve yet to see a match when someone ends the round with 30 kills. Closest I got was 28 I think, but I had the luck of getting a Vtol and attack chopper.

They did, there's almost no fun in it anymore. It's been my favorite mode for years but sometimes this shit is almost unplayable.

Yup, I love fucking around in FFA in past games because its helpful in getting certain challenges and good for a quick match, now its just a slog and NEVER fucking finishes. Its ridiculous

Side note, love your Papa Het avatar.