• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preach it!

It's so true that people don't want to hear it. I have seen almost zero campers(people who sit in one corner the whole game and wait for others to run by) the past four days. I also am running a smoke class when on certain maps. It's an absolute necessity that more people need to pay attention to.

If issues in a game can be fixed only after several hours of levelling up to unlock things that partially diminish the power of certain cheese tactics, you've obviously got an issue. And you can have flak jacket, smoke grenades, Ghost, and whatever you like, if there's a helicopter on top of the spawn in Piccadilly, you aren't getting out alive, end of the story. There's important balance issues that shouldn't be brushed off just because there's ways to slightly turn down their relevance.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
If issues in a game can be fixed only after several hours of levelling up to unlock things that partially diminish the power of certain cheese tactics, you've obviously got an issue. And you can have flak jacket, smoke grenades, Ghost, and whatever you like, if there's a helicopter on top of the spawn in Piccadilly, you aren't getting out alive, end of the story. There's important balance issues that shouldn't be brushed off just because there's ways to slightly turn down their relevance.

Yuuuuup. Having to completely change to a very specific setup to work around bad game design is a bad defense. Also Pointman sucks with the score you get for things, AND it's in slot 2 which is basically the slot where everything worthwhile is, and I'd argue Ghost is better for trying to get out of spawn traps. I honestly think that people who are enjoying the game (which is fair and I'm not going to knock that) are getting overly defensive about the game getting attacked by a good portion of the playerbase all complaining about the same things which I can kind of understand.

I also want to be in these lobbies where people claim they haven't seen campers for days because holy shit I actually don't believe you. TDM, Domination, KC, half the lobby is camping. I still haven't seen a KC game with a team get a score higher than the mid-30s, and I actually play the objective hard on that one and try to get tags.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with the ranking system... if, say, I were to play with a friend who's way worse than me, like a .50 k/d ratio or something, would they be placed against harder players or would I be placed against easier players?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yuuuuup. Having to completely change to a very specific setup to work around bad game design is a bad defense. Also Pointman sucks with the score you get for things, AND it's in slot 2 which is basically the slot where everything worthwhile is, and I'd argue Ghost is better for trying to get out of spawn traps. I honestly think that people who are enjoying the game (which is fair and I'm not going to knock that) are getting overly defensive about the game getting attacked by a good portion of the playerbase all complaining about the same things which I can kind of understand.

I also want to be in these lobbies where people claim they haven't seen campers for days because holy shit I actually don't believe you. TDM, Domination, KC, half the lobby is camping. I still haven't seen a KC game with a team get a score higher than the mid-30s, and I actually play the objective hard on that one and try to get tags.

It's got to be the skill based matchmaking some of these guys make it sound like they are playing a totally different game as me.

I would love to see some gameplay from the game is fine crowd.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, FFA has usually been one of the fastest game modes in Call Of Duty, often reaching the score took a player 3-5 minutes as opposed to relatively prolonged score limits on TDM (recently often turned up to 100), DOM, HQ and whatnot. I yet have to have a single FFA in Modern Warfare that ends on the score. I had a 10 minutes match end with 13 kills, that means the most prolific player of the match managed a whopping 1.3 kills per minute. People at large don't run and gun at this game, at least not at the level I'm at in the SBMM. It's of course possible that the player who don't encounter this kind of behaviour are either playing against much lower or much higher levels.

Gobsmack

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 5, 2019
Alright, so let's say you've got a party of 6 people. 5 of them are horrible, and one is great. How would the system work in this case? Just curious.
Best player. It's also likely part of why they disband lobbies. Join on a friends game in progress that's worse and they don't have to worry about you pubstomping since the lobby is disbanded after a match

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017

holy shit is this why I'm struggling to keep my head above water in this game? that first paragraph describes whats happening to me. do all IW CoD games have this hidden ranked system?

Well I never thought of it that way. I am not good at the game at all ( my K/D/R is barely above 1.00) but once and a while I will have a game where I go 24-8 then I will 100% of time follow it up the next 3 or 4 games going like 8-15.

Now I suppose it makes sense. I think I am improving slightly then they put me with better players then I suck again.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
SBMM muddies the water so bad because I don't think anyone has a real clear understanding of how it works or how much it's actually factoring into things, so right now it kind of gets blamed for everything on both sides. Like despite not having touched much CoD in the last 4 years I've been facing almost nothing but teams that are all significantly higher level than anyone on my team despite me having a barely 1.0 k/d and ~55% win rate (I wonder how much higher/lower that would be if I wasn't quitting out of matches where my team was outnumbered 2 to 1 or I load into a game where my team is losing Domination 125-0). My teams usually get railed, but I'm also about break even on K/D and W/L, so maybe it's working? Who knows!

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully sooner rather than later. Mentioned 725 in the sub tweets.

Being able to edit load outs is a nice change. Like I don't need to make sure I have a class with a launcher equipped to deal with air streaks anymore. It'd be nice to have as many custome load outs available as there are primary gun categories tho

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
this is getting insufferable now....blaming the SBMM boogeyman for doing badly.

my god
hey im fine with not doing the best but when i see a huge difference in my performance coming from BO4 I want to know wtf is going on. this makes sense

the issue i have is not knowing about it or it being communicated in-game. if SBMM is putting me in a higher bracket, tell me, then I would know the competition is better and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Last edited:

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That post is funny because siege does have a hidden mmr for the casual playlist which functions basically exactly the same as the ranked one.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
They need to give the fal full auto fire mode like it originally had to make it a somewhat viable weapon.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
They need to give the fal full auto fire mode like it originally had to make it a somewhat viable weapon.

I loved the FAL in past games. It's trash in this one. I've always liked the single shot assault rifles/marksman rile but there's not point in playing them. Hopefully they get tweaked in the up coming patch.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else just keep getting booted right now trying to play on XBox? I cannot even find a match. Checked the status page and it all says up and running, but not working on my end at all. East Coast if it matters.

EDIT - Nevermind, check my Network settings and it is saying XBox Live is unavailable for Social & Gaming. Problem solved.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some of the killstreaks in this are so obnoxious, particularly chopper gunner. My enjoyment of the game has decreased significantly. Feel like I'd enjoy it more if I had some others to play with but alas nobody wants to touch this game with a barge pole on PC amongst my usual friends.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey im fine with not doing the best but when i see a huge difference in my performance coming from BO4 I want to know wtf is going on. this makes sense

the issue i have is not knowing about it or it being communicated in-game. if SBMM is putting me in a higher bracket, tell me, then I would know the competition is better and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

the game is completely different to BLACK ops 4 though in playstyle as it currently stands, you play it like BO4 you'll get smashed

Oct 27, 2017
So the update is supposed to address something with spec ops. Regardless of that they need to communicate why spec ops is barebones, it's obvious they wanna do the drip feed content.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
The 725 is so fucking OP

Like everyone else I run overkill M4/725. When I'm out in the open I tend to use the M4, but sometimes depending on the map I'll have the 725 out. When someone saw me from mid to long distance I use to try to quickly switch to the M4, but usually died. I find that I can just shoot them with the 725 from across the map as if it was an AR or LMG lol. By habit I still sometimes 'accidentally' switch to the M4 during these encounters b/c using a shotgun at that distance makes no sense logically to my mind, and I have to fight wired reflexes with this knowledge.

The last online FPS I played was Killzone 2. I put over 700 hours in it as a shotgun/revolver user, so my reflex when running with a shotgun and coming across someone unexpectedly is to shoot the shotgun, and immediately switch to pistol for the finish.

Last edited:

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
How many matches for the sbmm to even take effect? And is it still based on kdr even though I'm only playing domination? Because I dont really feel it there. Sometimes I can go 15-5 and sometimes I'm 10-15.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many matches for the sbmm to even take effect? And is it still based on kdr even though I'm only playing domination? Because I dont really feel it there. Sometimes I can go 15-5 and sometimes I'm 10-15.

don't believe it's there until there's solid proof otherwise it becomes a placebo and you just spiral into insanity

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been complained about to death but god is Piccadilly completely busted. It could probably be a decent map, but it is such a one-sided map. Whoever spawns in the bus row will inevitably get spawn trapped and just get fucked for 10 minutes straight. It is by far the most egregious spawn issue in the game.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Supposedly it does through an attachment from ranking up.

There is a perk that gives it burst fire. But there is pre release leaked gameplay that shows the FAL with a full auto fire mode (heck I picked one up in single player prior to the 1.06 patch) so maybe an option for IW to give the weapon a buff.

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

Don't forget that BO4 also gave you the "kill" for assists like Overwatch so K/Ds and the like were massively inflated over past CoDs.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
The more i play the more im hating this game..... the maps are just fucking trash. Not one GOOD map , ive played about 23 hrs now and im struggling to keep at it. I may shelf it until they patch this game a few times.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I have to wonder why this video is over 20 minutes long. Attack of the Youtube algorithm? The point could've been made in 5 minutes or even less, in all honesty.

In short - SBMM obviously exists to a certain extent. There's no denying that the game(s) match people against each other based on, in addition to connection quality, some unknown-to-us parameters - it's not going to be just KDR, but likely a big mess of different data points and a loot of crunching. Is it the reason everything sucks? Of course not. Is it as strict as some people think it is? No. Is it as loose (or straight up nonexistent) as some people claim it is? Nope.

Solid points on why the devs don't talk about it at all, although I personally doubt the amount of people actually actively exploiting the system would be high enough to be a real problem.

Otherwise the video seemed to be aimed at the most reactionary reddit types. I wouldn't know what's going on there - gaming subreddits are absolute fucking shitholes and I try to avoid reading the comment chains - so I can't really comment to that, but I can say that the video doesn't really apply when it comes to the SBMM talk in this thread. It's been mostly civil, mainly people lamenting the fact that it definitely feels a bit stricter, harsher than in previous games. Is it? Maybe, maybe not, it's impossible to say. But since it feels stricter, many wish it'd be toned down a bit, something drift0r here seems to also think is a perfectly valid wish.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The more i play the more im hating this game..... the maps are just fucking trash. Not one GOOD map , ive played about 23 hrs now and im struggling to keep at it. I may shelf it until they patch this game a few times.

Same, I hated it at first, then I liked it for about 2 days now I am back to just wanting to throw it into the fucking sun. I can't believe I would rather go back and play Blops 4 to this shit.