• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if they just fix the challenge stuff and went ahead and added the MTX systems I would have more patience for everything else that needs fixing.
We got a CoD with an extreme lack of content that doesn't even play well in its current state due to issues.
Typical challenges were cut down, with limited rewards
other classic challenges added to officer ranks with no real reward at all.
Spec-Ops is a mess
Emblem editor and pantjobs were cut
only 1 of 3 daily challenges having an actual reward
Loads of content locked away from players

I legitimately accept lootboxes atm, something.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if they just fix the challenge stuff and went ahead and added the MTX systems I would have more patience for everything else that needs fixing.
We got a CoD with an extreme lack of content that doesn't even play well in its current state due to issues.
Typical challenges were cut down, with limited rewards
other classic challenges added to officer ranks with no real reward at all.
Spec-Ops is a mess
Emblem editor and pantjobs were cut
only 1 of 3 daily challenges having an actual reward
Loads of content locked away from players

I legitimately accept lootboxes atm, something.

Activision played us like a fiddle, now we're craving for lootboxes so we'll be pleased about them when they introduce them :P

Oct 25, 2017
Activision played us like a fiddle, now we're craving for lootboxes so we'll be pleased about them when they introduce them :P
I think just knowing that interesting content is just sitting there makes it worse imo.
At least you could be earning or working towards stuff while we wait for fixes.

current state of the game makes me worry its gonna be held back even further.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the SBMM boogeyman has taken full hold on Reddit now

That's the least of the game's problems, in fact I'll still keep on defending SBMM: if done well, it's a great way to make sure every player has fun and exciting matches. A bad implementation like this one is just throwing fuel on the fire when there's so many other things the community dislikes to begin with.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no
WW2 was already dead at this point and IW's MP was never even alive

I played IW on both PS4 and Xbox one last night and it's as lively as ever.
A lot more fun than this garbage, in it's current state, too. The shotgun/camper fotm is hilariously bad.

If it weren't for Gunfight I'd probably dump it already. I hope new maps save the other game modes down the line!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, I dabbled in Ground War for the first time and I can appreciate it for the clusterfuck it is. But then again I'm someone who got a smile on his face every time operation Metro appeared in BF3.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They won't say anything till the overhaul is close to done or they have another patch. The communication is disgusting when you consider spec ops is broken as hell.

They already got $600M, man. This has been the most disgusting display of communications from a dev/studio I have ever seen (outside of BioWare and Anthem). I said it before, the only way they will talk or respond is if people stop playing their game (like a massive drop off in player numbers), or a class action lawsuit (if the tech issues are rampant enough, that will be enough to get the ball rolling).

Funny thing is, we only know about the overhaul because of an insider. Imagine if we didn't even know that much!

Don't forget, the "overhaul" thing is still a rumor. Infinity Ward can just leave it as is and continue making tweaks. I really cannot see myself playing past November. I'm at level 56. I just played 5-8 matches now and half of those I quit out of frustration since I was put in games with lopsided scores and I joined a match in progress, one was Picadilly already spawn trapped (and of course I spawn in the A flag since I always do), another was Azhir Caves where it was 4x6, and so on.

This is the only COD game where the longer I play, the lower my KD and WL becomes. It's insane. There is no learning curve to speak of. It's just a matter of who headglitches first, who has the better cover, who can spot people from the textures, etc.

Whenever I play this game, I literally want to punch someone since it's so stupidly designed that I hope IW's next game flops because of this. This is how shit this game is. My long-time friends that play COD? They only played until level 30, and just outright quit. Now I'm alone, stuck playing this shit game and have to remember we have to wait 12 more months for a new COD to replace this mess.

I don't even know what an "overhaul" means. Are they going to board up some windows? Change claymores more to function like the old MWs? Change Dead Silence to be a perk? Reshuffle the perk tiers so Ghost isn't an autopick? Nerf Ghost into the ground? Spawn players with more special grenades?

It's a rumor and no one knows really. Given how stupid the MP lead dev is in Modern Warfare, I wouldn't get my hopes up. He only makes changes for the pro scene. Watch his Twitter, and see how he reacts to pros. Clearly, that's a big concern since at this point, pros are very vocal in NOT wanting to play this in tournaments, and that would mean lost revenue, which means this dude can lose his job.

This game is gonna die faster than the last 3 cod games. Too many boneheaded decisions with this game.

As it should. Maybe that will teach IW a lesson and that will make that Cecot guy not ever make a COD game ever again. Everyone wins when that happens.

Dont expect map edits. They are better off just tossing us new maps fast, especially if they have over 30 to drip feed us.

I also dont actually think the maps are an issue, so as much as it is the lack of movement thanks to game design.

Euphrates, Palace, and Piccadilly are fucked though, unless they can tweak spawns. Spawn trapping is also killing the maps that seem decent enough. Theres an entire lane in Piccadilly that is completely out of bonds that would've helped big time.

The actual content that needs to be fixed:

-Making footsteps quieter, and making crouching/walker virtually silent. I dont think Dead Silence needs to be a perk. If it becomes a perk, then you can expect everyone to run Stopping Power.

-Bringing back Pointstreaks as default. Rework Pointman to do something else like wrap streaks or keep your score even after death (at an increased cost)

-Bring back old minimap.

-Rework Ghost entirely. In fact, Ghost would be better off as a Field Upgrade. Make Dead Silence a perk, but dont make it such a crutch by making footsteps generally quieter, while making walk/crouch speeds virtually silent.

-Ghost could be reworked by simple employing the Treyarch method, which is really the best.

-Ghost should also not hide you from the Recon Drone. That should be Cold Blooded's job.

-Claymores need complete overhauls:

-Restock should have a longer cool down for claymores only, an additional 10 seconds should do. Other lethals could also get -5 seconds cool down (25 for lethals, 40 for Claymores)
-Spotter should delay claymore detonation
-EOD needs to have a faster hacking rate, or hacking range.
-Hit detection is bugged and needs to be less forgiving

See?! You're not a game dev but these are changes EVERYONE is asking for. It's like IW just forgot that there were other shooters out there and didn't implement their changes. It's like they hated Treyarch and wanted to stray as far away as possible from their game design just as a big "fuck you" to them.

More issues after thinking
  • Poor perk selection. EOD / Overkill are the go to for Tier 1. Scavanger is useless with Munition Box, Stopping Power and all weapons under same caliber auto scavanging anyway. Ghost / Kill Chain for Tier 2. Tier 3 is all mediocre.
  • Claymore unlocking first... LOL screams give new players free kills
  • Semi Autos are trash, don't touch the FAL if you wanna do well

Perks selection here is shit. All the best ones are in tier 2, and no one knows why. Tier 3 is shit. Again, baffling game design.

725 is single handedly ruining my experience

It's all I die to

Not literally, obviously, but holy fuck is it broken

Check Cecot's Twitter, he justifies this OP shotgun. I mean, really. People there jumping on him since he's fucking defending its range. There's realism, and good game design. You can't compromise good game design just because you think something should be realistic. Is it realistic riot shields can take on hails of bullets and not even crack?

That's the least of the game's problems, in fact I'll still keep on defending SBMM: if done well, it's a great way to make sure every player has fun and exciting matches. A bad implementation like this one is just throwing fuel on the fire when there's so many other things the community dislikes to begin with.

Same. SBMM is the least of the worries IW should be taking on right now. Every COD game has SBMM baked in some form or another. I'd rather get sweaty lobbies and die because someone is better than me, than dying repeatedly due to someone getting to a position faster than I did. That is insane game logic. "Power position" taken to another level, and good luck trying to flush them out.

I had a match in Dom on Picadilly where me and another dude managed to get into the sneaker shop first, we were there the entire match. I think I went 17-1 using claymores. We both took turns guarding the stairs, etc. It's insane how stupid the game is.

I really want to start a petition to get that Cecot guy off this game since it's clear he's part of the big problem, and we won't see changes until after he's gone.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spec Ops is the FPS version of Superman 64 currently.

Even counting for the fact game development was noticeably quicker back then, I'd argue far more development went into Superman 64 than Spec Ops though. I mean, it's quite literally just a battle royale map with recycled AI spawning on it around you. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd be surprised if active development of that mode took them more than a couple weeks.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Why is it in the year 2019 that there is no volume equalizer in the voice chat of this game?
Why does someone eating a bag of chips have to be so deafeningly loud my ears start hurting?
Why is someone cussing out their dog in the next room have to be so loud they might as well be sitting on my bed with me when I play?
Why are some people I actually want to hear so goddamn hard to understand.

Yeah,yeah... different mics, different input volume levels, I know.

But you can't tell me there is no solution to at least bring them all to a kinda similar level.

Before you say something regarding muting everyone.. yeah, obviously. It still sucks.

Oct 28, 2017
Even counting for the fact game development was noticeably quicker back then, I'd argue far more development went into Superman 64 than Spec Ops though. I mean, it's quite literally just a battle royale map with recycled AI spawning on it around you. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd be surprised if active development of that mode took them more than a couple weeks.
Which is strange considering this game has a very spec ops mission design in the campaign with "Clean House." You'd think they would have just repurposed that mission for some co-op. They went half way there, but then just made a giant monster closet for spec ops.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've come around so hard on this game.

I am running and gunning with the R9-0 Shotgun. It's a beast.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They seriously need some Test Playlist or something so we can try out changes. Would like to see what a lower TTK would do, or higher base speed of players, or reduced gun damage or even no killstreaks etc!

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
PKM is incredible. I'm finding I'm beating M4's in close range gun fights even when they hit me first and it has such a slow ADS speed.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They already got $600M, man. This has been the most disgusting display of communications from a dev/studio I have ever seen (outside of BioWare and Anthem). I said it before, the only way they will talk or respond is if people stop playing their game (like a massive drop off in player numbers), or a class action lawsuit (if the tech issues are rampant enough, that will be enough to get the ball rolling).

Don't forget, the "overhaul" thing is still a rumor. Infinity Ward can just leave it as is and continue making tweaks. I really cannot see myself playing past November. I'm at level 56. I just played 5-8 matches now and half of those I quit out of frustration since I was put in games with lopsided scores and I joined a match in progress, one was Picadilly already spawn trapped (and of course I spawn in the A flag since I always do), another was Azhir Caves where it was 4x6, and so on.

This is the only COD game where the longer I play, the lower my KD and WL becomes. It's insane. There is no learning curve to speak of. It's just a matter of who headglitches first, who has the better cover, who can spot people from the textures, etc.

Whenever I play this game, I literally want to punch someone since it's so stupidly designed that I hope IW's next game flops because of this. This is how shit this game is. My long-time friends that play COD? They only played until level 30, and just outright quit. Now I'm alone, stuck playing this shit game and have to remember we have to wait 12 more months for a new COD to replace this mess.

It's a rumor and no one knows really. Given how stupid the MP lead dev is in Modern Warfare, I wouldn't get my hopes up. He only makes changes for the pro scene. Watch his Twitter, and see how he reacts to pros. Clearly, that's a big concern since at this point, pros are very vocal in NOT wanting to play this in tournaments, and that would mean lost revenue, which means this dude can lose his job.

As it should. Maybe that will teach IW a lesson and that will make that Cecot guy not ever make a COD game ever again. Everyone wins when that happens.

See?! You're not a game dev but these are changes EVERYONE is asking for. It's like IW just forgot that there were other shooters out there and didn't implement their changes. It's like they hated Treyarch and wanted to stray as far away as possible from their game design just as a big "fuck you" to them.

Perks selection here is shit. All the best ones are in tier 2, and no one knows why. Tier 3 is shit. Again, baffling game design.

Check Cecot's Twitter, he justifies this OP shotgun. I mean, really. People there jumping on him since he's fucking defending its range. There's realism, and good game design. You can't compromise good game design just because you think something should be realistic. Is it realistic riot shields can take on hails of bullets and not even crack?

Same. SBMM is the least of the worries IW should be taking on right now. Every COD game has SBMM baked in some form or another. I'd rather get sweaty lobbies and die because someone is better than me, than dying repeatedly due to someone getting to a position faster than I did. That is insane game logic. "Power position" taken to another level, and good luck trying to flush them out.

I had a match in Dom on Picadilly where me and another dude managed to get into the sneaker shop first, we were there the entire match. I think I went 17-1 using claymores. We both took turns guarding the stairs, etc. It's insane how stupid the game is.

I really want to start a petition to get that Cecot guy off this game since it's clear he's part of the big problem, and we won't see changes until after he's gone.

I think you need to take a break dude, wanting to start a petition to get someone sacked over design decisions is frankly disgusting.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
PKM is definitely solid and fun to use. Anyone got it to a high level? Can you speed up the ADS speed considerably?

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
tHyXN6j.png

Random squadmates, we will make it this time.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PKM is definitely solid and fun to use. Anyone got it to a high level? Can you speed up the ADS speed considerably?
By level 25 you can get it pretty fast.

Does anyone know why ADS speed with a 3.25x sight is faster than a red dot sight? Last time I played I had that combo sight with the red dot on top of the 3.25x and if I had it set to the red dot it would take noticeably longer to ADS than if I had it set to the 3.25x.

Also this is the first COD where I am seeing entire teams quit regularly.

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of getting matched with different inputs.

Also I have left 4+ games in a row because I keep getting put into the same terrible map.

There are 2 ground wars maps but yet I always get put in the Quarry one... let me set a map preference.

Here here - WW2 has been the best COD this Gen (closely followed by Ghosts).. fight me!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the inevitable changes down the line. I just wish they would hurry up with them and get them out of the way (weapon tuning, claymore etc) so then we can point out how much of a stupid the change was to the way the challenges work and also the fact that pointstreaks is an option via a perk, rather than a standard.

Like someone else said, they made dramatic changes to WW2 after the lead left... lets hope it doesn't take as long to make the changes here.

I'd like:

Pointstreaks as an option
Only 1 Claymore/tuning
Obvious weapon tuning
Lightweight Perk return
Some windows/doors boarded up on some maps
More maps ASAP!

I'll be surprised if the 725/M4 and Claymore changes don't make it in by the end of this week.

EDIT: And please, return to a normal map and get rid of the compass

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They shoulda made those changes after the beta where everyone only used the same guns as well. I got my Model 860 to a high enough level where it starts to be quite good at one-shotting at range. With the side benefit of have more rounds so I can just keep going.

Also anyone notice the Finishing Moves challenge for that one operator keeps going up? I have 17/25 and I've done at most 3 of the melee finishing moves. Is it counting something else?

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Okay, sneaky hint just for you guys here in CoDEra, a hipfire focused MP5 build is pretty deadly provided you nail the perks and such.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
They shoulda made those changes after the beta where everyone only used the same guns as well. I got my Model 860 to a high enough level where it starts to be quite good at one-shotting at range. With the side benefit of have more rounds so I can just keep going.

Also anyone notice the Finishing Moves challenge for that one operator keeps going up? I have 17/25 and I've done at most 3 of the melee finishing moves. Is it counting something else?

Yea mines doing the same, I don't even have a way to execute as I have melee on mouse scroll up so cannot hold the button in and I have 7 or something, wonder what it counts, not complaining though as I'd like the skin

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, sneaky hint just for you guys here in CoDEra, a hipfire focused MP5 build is pretty deadly provided you nail the perks and such.

I love the MP5. It's a great gun. The customization in this game is really phenomenal because you can almost completely change a gun to fit your needs to playstyle. You can take a larger weapon, shorten the barrel and put different grips on to make it a fast run and gun weapon.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was good even with the more restrictive Divisions. I'd actually love to see a real class system return to COD one day.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was good even with the more restrictive Divisions. I'd actually love to see a real class system return to COD one day.

Ew... No. The only place there should ever be a class system in CoD is in Coop.

WWII got better when they massively changed the divisions and made them way more flexible.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA

I've noticed a bug where the missions get turned off periodically and I miss out on completing them.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really care for WWII, definitely a lower tier CoD game.

I've noticed a bug where the missions get turned off periodically and I miss out on completing them.
I haven't had that yet but this one is like the opposite. I'm gaining progress in a challenge in some way. Unless like Final Kills count as Finishing Moves but I haven't seen evidence of that.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I got all 10/10 of my Finishing Moves for that one early mission having only actually done one. I almost never do regular melee attacks so I don't think it was counting those, and I've never been executed so it's not counting it if it's done to me, so I'm not sure exactly how that one was borked. Maybe Final Kills count, or maybe it's counting if someone on your team does one or something? No clue.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Missions bug for me when I use rest mode. After resuming they often won't track and if it's passed refresh time it still shows the previous challenges.

Restarting the game fixes this. Guessing the call they make to the challenge API endpoint doesn't get made on resuming from rest mode. (Ps4)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a square near load out like I have something I tried every weapon or perk I can't find. Stress me so much. Any way to erase it ?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've reached level 56. On the officer progression screen the challenge is 'kill 35 enemies', but it's not tracking for me. Is this a kown bug or I'm I missing something?

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
Grabbed the game on Friday and I really enjoy the gameplay and feel right at home as I've played a ton of CoD muliplayer but man.. Ground War just feels like an absolute shit show. I think I'd rather just hop on BF4/V for that type of game mode.

Also not really digging too many of the maps yet but again, the gameplay is keeping me going as it just feels great

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Did console crossplay for the first time last night and it was awesome. How does crossplatform chatting work? Sometimes I could hear my friend on Xbone, and sometimes I couldn't hear anyone at all

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I think some of the complaints I hear on this thread can be dealt with if you adjust your KITS. Now many may have not obtained all of the necessary stuff to do that yet, but here are a few highlights:

-Scorestreaks instead of Killstreaks. This is already in the game, you need to equip it as your second perk. (Unlocked at level 48 I believe?)

-Claymores got you down? (There is a perk in the third slot that allows you to see and hack enemy claymores in order to avoid being hurt by them.)

-Crappy Spawns. Two things that will help....1.Equip Smoke and this should help on at least half of the maps. 2.Equip a tactical insertion as your Field Upgrade and place it in a good spot once you smoke and evade.

-725 Shotgun. If you can't beat em, then join them. If I'm in a room and that loadout seems to be the predominant thing then I switch to my shotty kit and wreck stuff.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I think some of the complaints I hear on this thread can be dealt with if you adjust your KITS. Now many may have not obtained all of the necessary stuff to do that yet, but here are a few highlights:

-Scorestreaks instead of Killstreaks. This is already in the game, you need to equip it as your second perk. (Unlocked at level 48 I believe?)

-Claymores got you down? (There is a perk in the third slot that allows you to see and hack enemy claymores in order to avoid being hurt by them.)

-Crappy Spawns. Two things that will help....1.Equip Smoke and this should help on at least half of the maps. 2.Equip a tactical insertion as your Field Upgrade and place it in a good spot once you smoke and evade.

-725 Shotgun. If you can't beat em, then join them. If I'm in a room and that loadout seems to be the predominant thing then I switch to my shotty kit and wreck stuff.

Preach it!

It's so true that people don't want to hear it. I have seen almost zero campers(people who sit in one corner the whole game and wait for others to run by) the past four days. I also am running a smoke class when on certain maps. It's an absolute necessity that more people need to pay attention to.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018

It just screams bad game design if you have to have these certain perks/equipment otherwise you'll be obliterated.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Guys, been playing multiplayer and I have mixed thoughts but yesterday I played with some friends the co op spec ops. Man are you kidding me? these are hard as f***, we were playing the stadium mission over and over and when we finally had some advance, killstreaks didn't work, only one player was able to supply ammo and granades but somehow we managed to keep going, we destroyed the tanks from the roof and then... the game crashes, connection lost. Is that normal???