• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Based on... What? Some of y'all are real good at coming up with reasons (or excuses) why others aren't having a good time. They're playing wrong game modes, they're using the wrong weapons, they're playing the wrong way, they just want more Black Ops, usually based on pretty much nothing.

You're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with the fact that maybe others genuinely aren't enjoying the game, and are voicing their frustrations because the experience could be so much better, with some smaller and bigger tweaks and fixes.
Can't the same thing be said for people who are enjoying it, cause I've been seeing people getting whiny over someone enjoying the game. It's subjective as almost everything gaming related, for those who are enjoying the game (me included now that it's not crashing anymore), great, keep enjoying it, for those who aren't, hopefully the game will get the fixes you expect and you can enjoy it too.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Based on... What? Some of y'all are real good at coming up with reasons (or excuses) why others aren't having a good time. They're playing wrong game modes, they're using the wrong weapons, they're playing the wrong way, they just want more Black Ops, usually based on pretty much nothing.

You're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with the fact that maybe others genuinely aren't enjoying the game, and are voicing their frustrations because the experience could be so much better, with some smaller and bigger tweaks and fixes.

It's obviously fine if people don't like the game and can argue their case in point. What is not fine is people constantly shitting up the place saying "everyone hates this game", "All the old school hate this game" when that is not actually what most people think. It's just the people complaining are the loudest and most persistent. The complaints here are mostly the same posters, saying the same thing, over and over.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It's based on the fact that TDM has never been particularly balanced and the videos I see people upload to complain. People who run blind through doors without spotter, take long-range weapons indoors and get shotgunned, people who don't use tac equipment on campers or anticipate their spots. It feels like they want reaction time and aim to decide everything, but that's not what the devs are going for this time.

So, what, you just completely ignore complaints from anyone who didn't post a video of them playing TDM the wrong way to accompany the complaint? Cause my dude, there are A LOT of those. Which means that "most of the complaints I see come from TDM/KC players, which is silly to me" is just about baseless horseshit.

Can't the same thing be said for people who are enjoying it, cause I've been seeing people getting whiny over someone enjoying the game. It's subjective as almost everything gaming related, for those who are enjoying the game (me included now that it's not crashing anymore), great, keep enjoying it, for those who aren't, hopefully the game will get the fixes you expect and you can enjoy it too.

Sure, but it's usually the other way around, so I don't see any reason to think they're really comparable situations. The vast, vast majority of the time it's one group complaining about a game, another group complaining about the first group. And always with the thinly veiled insults - complainers are screaming, whining, stomping the ground face all red, it's absolutely hilarious how they just don't get it, etc. etc.

It's obviously fine if people don't like the game and can argue their case in point. What is not fine is people constantly shitting up the place saying "everyone hates this game", "All the old school hate this game" when that is not actually what most people think. It's just the people complaining are the loudest and most persistent. The complaints here are mostly the same posters, saying the same thing, over and over.

You're the one who posted this gem
There seems to be a minority screaming how this isn't call of duty (blops), while the rest of us get on with enjoying the game
Which means I don't have anything further to say to you. Enjoy the game.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's based on the fact that TDM has never been particularly balanced and the videos I see people upload to complain. People who run blind through doors without spotter, take long-range weapons indoors and get shotgunned, people who don't use tac equipment on campers or anticipate their spots. It feels like they want reaction time and aim to decide everything, but that's not what the devs are going for this time.
I can't remember a single time in the last decade that I've had TDM rounds end via the timer. Now its every single one.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember a single time in the last decade that I've had TDM rounds end via the timer. Now its every single one.

Yup. Again, this is the most absolute damning and borderline objective thing you can point to that things are not right.

As an aside, what SMG are people rocking? I just unlocked Pointman (still complete fucking garbage that you have to give up a perk in the most contested perk slot for it) and wanna run around with one and see if that does anything for me. I've seen people all say MP5, MP7 and P90 so I have no clue lol

Edit: Also how is the SCAR in this game? It's often been my go-to in previous titles that had it. Didn't even realize I had unlocked it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
MP7 whilst accurate with a nice ROF might as well be firing fucking blanks lol. My favourite SMG feels weak as fuck!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is it normal having to install shaders every time? It's getting really annoying.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
w
Nothing feels better than murking some [MAGA] shitheads while sporting a [impch] tag myself. I'm doing my part.

Bout to change my clan tag to [impch] now I always try and destroy the maga shit heads as much as possible in every lobby.

maga dudes probably won't get it though they aren't very bright.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Replace the shitty FAL with the G3, don't @ me.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
The ability to mount and lean is the worst thing to ever happen to COD multiplayer.

It was perfectly fine for the campaign. Should never have been added to multiplayer.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I sure hope infinity ward fix the screen tearing in the one x. It's gotten to the point that I can't play the game anymore. It's just too much. Really regret purchasing the game for the X.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone want to group up? I'm in EU and on PC but happy to join up with anyone on any platform, on any game modes. My Activision ID is Bunga#9305758.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the maps, the weapons and besides Pica, no issues with the spawns.

I am level 44, I play a mixture of TDM, HQ and Dom and I don't get spawn killed that often honestly. On Piccadilly we were spawn trapped, and we also spawn trapped other teams. For the rest, sometimes I get killed after walking for 3 seconds but not that much really.

I usually tend to avoid Bridge and Pica unless I need Sniper kills for a challenge. I also haven't played GW yet, besides 2 times in the Beta. I thought it was shit.

Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope infinity ward fix the screen tearing in the one x. It's gotten to the point that I can't play the game anymore. It's just too much. Really regret purchasing the game for the X.

Ditto.
Thought the tearing got better with the 1.06 update, but that could have been a placebo effect.
Seems to run better than it did at launch, but I'd still like to see a more thorough performance patch.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
And 1PM EST(when the devs usually posted on reddit pre-launch) has come and gone...another day with no update or even any communication whatsoever

Jun 4, 2018
I'm having a blast with this game and haven't even had a chance to try out the co-op mode for which I picked up the game in the first place! Been strictly multiplayer this far, but very excited to hit Special Ops, as well as the campaign!

kiKs__

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 3, 2019
Sold mine already, this is the fastest I've ever dropped a COD game in my life. The MP was straight up trash.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like the maps, the weapons and besides Pica, no issues with the spawns.
Spawns I can agree with on Hackney Yard at least. I posted up overlooking the wall with dumpsters on either side on the edge of the map and straight up watched dudes spawn in. I wound up taking out five of them as they spawned in before it stopped putting them in front of me.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I think BO3 did the same with that one WWII Inception map where a map from W@W (or was it CoD3?) was in the background.

Yeah, BO3 had Carentan to view on the side of Infection. At least those maps were solid, I feel a bit salty that they have Invasion as an easter egg in what could be one of the worst maps in the series.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i find it hilarious that everything that was changed in this game was to help the casual crowd when all it did was make it extremely difficult for casuals and piss off the main community. Thankfully I think this game can be saved but they better act fast with an announcement or roadmap

Oct 27, 2017
That final sequence on Operation Headhunter is such a kick in the balls, it's borderline impossible.

Anyone want to group up on Battlenet and do it together?
It really is, it's required someone hide just to complete. I came so close by competing it until the dumbasses on my team didn't hide when they saw me going for the last scrambler. Spent the whole match hiding and then I trusted a random to do the same while I tried to finish things.
One more spec ops left. So done with that mode. It is nice to get randoms who roll medic and play smart. Still, that mode just seems like such an afterthought. It reminds me of a mod from Arma 3. Not something I'd expect in a AAA title.
It was an afterthought, they had the battle royale map and decided to use it for some multiplayer maps and spec ops.
Nothing feels better than murking some [MAGA] shitheads while sporting a [impch] tag myself. I'm doing my part.
This'll be my tag thanks.

Kinda sad to see a decent/good map used as background filler for such a pos map.

This better find it's way into the game. I really hope the leaker is right about MW2R being a complete package now.
And 1PM EST(when the devs usually posted on reddit pre-launch) has come and gone...another day with no update or even any communication whatsoever
They won't say anything until they've got a patch ready to go.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
You know, in theory I should win about 50% of S&D. But no, not me. I get stuck on the team that is down a man, or afk, or blind. Granted, sometimes, I'm the blind one. Just need one more win for the challenge. Sheesh.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
If you're on Ps4, how do you crossplay with your friend that's on Xbone?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can send them a request in-game. In the multiplayer menu press triangle to open the social screen, then press triangle again to open up the menu to find friends. There you can send them a request using their Activision account or their Gamertag, just be sure you select the right option in the drop-down.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany

SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Kidding.

You can send your friend an invite by typing in his/her Activision username in menu Social > Friends > add friend.

Edit: beaten