• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I may be in the minority here but I think that the weapon leveling and attachment system is way too much in this game. I feel like it's super bloated and nearly everything reducing ADS speed only contributes to the camping.

I mean maybe I'm just old but I thought it was bad even in Battlefield 4. COD4 and WaW have my favorite attachment systems in COD games and I love the current specialization system in Battlefield V.
I agree. It's a few patches away from being good or great, but it doesn't feel or seem like IW wants to change it. I mean, they've made no mention of it at all. So maybe they're happy with it? The only time devs do anything drastic is when players stop playing.

I hope you do! It's insane that even after all this time, it's still crashing. This is a full-fledged, AAA product. This shit shouldn't be happening.

Nah, you're not. It's super bloated and like, half of them do the same exact thing. Every good attachment is meant to slow down ADS speed or movement speed, which means it's a conscious design decision by IW to slow the pace, so noobies won't get trashed.

Gunsmith is amazing, but how it translates to gameplay? Nah. You can't even test scopes and such without entering an actual match.
You guys need to check out all the attachments more closely.
I have an M4 setup that basically plays like Black Ops 4 SMGs.
Movement is fast as hell
ADS is fast as hell
ADS movement is fast as hell
EIkBuoNWkAE-Mx6

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ground war is pure dogshit dude, even people that enjoy it have to admit it, it's a pure clusterfuck of stupid and questionable design decisions. Like the co-op mode, it's obviously haplessly thrown together without much thought, 64 players all with killstreaks enabled? What could go wrong!?

My friends kept telling me "Ground war is just like Battlefield"

lmao

Ground war is a unbalanced cluster fuck. It's a joke.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Just unlocked the long barrel for the 725. Now it's seriously overpowered. Imho it's not that crazy just stock but adding the monolithic suppressor + green laser + long barrel is an absolute mindfuck.

However weapon handling is pretty terrible now, I definitely prefer it with a shorter barrel.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first ever swanky headset today, this game is nuts in 7.1.

I thought the guns sounded great through my shitty TV speakers but man does it make a difference via headphones set to dynamic home theater wow! been missing out lol

Oct 25, 2017
My friends kept telling me "Ground war is just like Battlefield"

lmao

Ground war is a unbalanced cluster fuck. It's a joke.
People complain about the tanks in Ground War and yet 2 Javelin shots(the amount you are given) will nearly destroy it and the driver will get out 90% of the time regardless.
The amount of people that complain about them but can't be troubled to spawn with a launcher is absolutely ridiculous

Its crazy, im playing Ground War entirely as anti-tank + anti-sniper and im doing like 45-55 kills and less than 5 deaths every single game.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
I've been playing mainly ground war for the past week or so, I try to mix in a match of domination in there and that's when I encounter the complaints most people are talking about, dreadful maps, 725 being too OP, bad spawns, etc.

My only problem right now is ground war only has two maps, hopefully they can add some new ones ASAP or even add some of the 20 man maps into the rotation but without vehicles and making them 20v20.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I loved how much respect Captain Price garnered from everyone. Even hardened freedom fighters like Farah. He's not as old as he was in the og modern warfare but he still seems like a Qui Gon Jinn esque mentor to Garrick

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's really funny how BFV is suddenly beloved when people were hoping MW would save us.

I went back to BFV and its such an utterly under appreciated game...at least with the Pacific update. Game plays like a dream.

I agree that IW needs to start acting elitist and implement many of Treyarch's ideas.

Rework Ghost. Bring back Pointstreaks which started with MW3 anyway. How do you go BACKWARDS on such a huge and positive change like this? No matter what changes they make, knowing some teammate isn't capping the flag because of his precious Killstreak is going to tick me off.

Remove the KDR tracking in objective modes altogether actually.

Bring back the classic minimap because you already caved on the minimap and the compass now seems pointless to have as separate.

Also I was hoping they'd communicate today on reddit. Guessing they just brainstormed the feedback on a Monday and tomorrow we can expect some solid communication.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it seems Reset is on the same plane as Twitter, Reddit and almost everyone else: this game's MP is shit. I've been playing and reviewing games for a long time (I'm 38), and I am extremely baffled by some of Infinity Ward's design decisions here. This is, by far, the worst Call of Duty MP game I've ever played.

Maps? Terrible.
Spawns? Supremely broken.
Balance? 725 wants a chat.
Gameplay? Go pitch a tent and be tactical, noob!

Not even counting the numerous tech issues this game has.

Don't get me wrong, the game has good qualities. I think Gunfight is a good mode, gunplay is good, Gunsmith is amazing, but it's all forgotten given how just outright inane the design decision is, that I have to wonder if the lead MP director has ever designed an MP game before. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is his first time.

Worst thing of all? Infinity Ward has literally stopped replying on the MW subreddit after earning $600M in three days. Sure, they will reply to tech issues, but gameplay? Nah. A simple "we are looking into the data and will change the footsteps, and camping meta in an upcoming update" or a "we are happy with the player data and will be making some weapon changes, but the pace is something we're happy with." would do wonders for communication, but nope.

I feel bad for people who bought this digitally and can't sell it.

I'm having a great time with the game and everyone I know that's playing this feels the same. I only play objective modes, so camping isn't too bad. When you learn the maps it's pretty obvious where they will be and you have a shit load of tools to deal with them.

Gun play is so satisfying.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game is unplayable for me today, severe lags in all my matches that forced me to rage quit. First time this happened with MW

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't take this game anymore. Why would they make passive camping play styles dominant with these maps and mechanics? Skilled Cod players were always rewarded for playing aggressively. You run out in the open for a second and bam you're dead! How disappointing.... it's gonna awhile to fix this one up.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Despite its flaws this is the best COD game in years. I am having a lot of fun with this.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Oh man, is there a reason people don't go for the "kill denials"
Is it to bait the other team? Cause I think that won't work. Just fucking take en

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Think people are hitting their heads against walls by not attempting to adjust their play styles. That does not mean camping / slow walking everywhere, but does mean flashing rooms, smoking long sight lines, paying attention to audio and teammate positions and using your mic.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the game actually penalizes you for leaving when your team only has 2 players, hasn't put anyone else on your team in over 1 minute while the other full team of 6 just shits on the two of you in your spawn is actually comedic.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It's really funny how BFV is suddenly beloved when people were hoping MW would save us.

I went back to BFV and its such an utterly under appreciated game...at least with the Pacific update. Game plays like a dream.

I agree that IW needs to start acting elitist and implement many of Treyarch's ideas.

Rework Ghost. Bring back Pointstreaks which started with MW3 anyway. How do you go BACKWARDS on such a huge and positive change like this? No matter what changes they make, knowing some teammate isn't capping the flag because of his precious Killstreak is going to tick me off.

Bring back the classic minimap because you already caved on the minimap and the compass now seems pointless to have as separate.

Also I was hoping they'd communicate today on reddit. Guessing they just brainstormed the feedback on a Monday and tomorrow we can expect some solid communication.
Why do they have to rework Ghost? what is wrong with it?

Oct 25, 2017
I need more content, I don't mind if itis literally just challenges for character skins atm.

Also,I need it
qop7Y7w.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
This cluster fuck of problems with this game is what happens when you decide to have 'beta' literally a month and a week or so before the game launch.

Whoever made that decision is beyond me.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there is point streaks, it's just locked until a high level

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think people are hitting their heads against walls by not attempting to adjust their play styles. That does not mean camping / slow walking everywhere, but does mean flashing rooms, smoking long sight lines, paying attention to audio and teammate positions and using your mic.
I think people need to play the campaign and relearn tactical game play, these people that just walk/run around the corners or wide open spaces and blame the game/lag seriously have forgotten how to play non 3 lane maps and need to relearn

Danny

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to fix the player model clipping through walls. I've been killed multiple times because of this.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
That final sequence on Operation Headhunter is such a kick in the balls, it's borderline impossible.

Anyone want to group up on Battlenet and do it together?

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I think what is the most frustrating this with this game is the fact you start off, walk around by what is seemingly forever, you then got shot and killed by a camper and have to walk around again for 3 minutes before you can even see someone again

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Also I tried the oden and I don't understand why people like the gun. Get two hits with it and the person I am shooting just shoots me 3 or 4 times with a faster weapon and I die.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Campers suck, but what COD hasn't had camping issues? I'm more upset with riot shield and shot guns.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I think people need to play the campaign and relearn tactical game play, these people that just walk/run around the corners or wide open spaces and blame the game/lag seriously have forgotten how to play non 3 lane maps and need to relearn

The problem though is that there's a multitude of things all coming together to make it so bad.

-Mostly terrible maps
-Terrible spawns (no that this is new to CoD but coupled with the really shit maps it feels worse than usual)
-Terrible weapon balance (725 range, M4, Riot Shields, etc)
-Slower player movement speed
-Claymores being a very low level unlock, virtually everyone has two of them (there's not much competition for that perk slot which is a separate issue)
-Characters calling out shit where enemies can hear (how did this get past being a joke on paper???????)
-Loud as fuck footsteps (even after the most recent patch)
-TOO MANY possible sightlines

The last one is the biggest offender for me probably. At this point I know the maps well enough where outside of the occasional "oh I didn't know you could get up there or have that angle on that" I know where all the points I can be shot at are at any given location. The problem is that you can't realistically peek every window or opening because a lot of the time there's gonna be like 5 different angles you could be shot from. So when you factor in so many things that can one shot you with slower movement and having multiple claymores there's practically no reason not to hole up or play it slow. I make liberal use of molotovs and gas grenades for objectives, possible peek windows etc, but you can't carry enough smokes to realistically cover every movement you need to make. tl;dr the game makes you very vunerable almost always for any movement and everything is currently set up to reward camping up at a window, so there's no reason not to do that.

And yes, playing slower and more tactical works to some extent (most of the issues above still apply), but I don't think most people come to CoD for that experience. I have absolutely no issue with slower play and camping being made more viable than it has in the past, the issue is that they did a hard 180 from practically every one of the preceding ~10 games in terms of playstyle and what I think most people play and kind of expect. If I'd known it was going to be this much like this I honestly would have just picked up BF, R6, or almost anything else, because while the gunplay is great in this nothing else really supports this playstyle very well IMO. It feels like they didn't know what kind of game they wanted, or the game got focus tested too hard (or not enough) and I think unless they make significant changes pretty quickly this game is going to get dropped harder than any CoD has from a general population standpoint. Which is a shame because I think with some small changes they could at least make it significantly better, if not one of the best in years.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been playing mainly ground war for the past week or so, I try to mix in a match of domination in there and that's when I encounter the complaints most people are talking about, dreadful maps, 725 being too OP, bad spawns, etc. My only problem right now is ground war only has two maps, hopefully they can add some new ones ASAP or even add some of the 20 man maps into the rotation but without vehicles and making them 20v20.

Palace should be in this rotation.

Point streaks are in the game as perk. Not sure why its one of the final unlocks. Is point streaks considered "easier" since technically you don't have to kill anyone?

I think its rumored that the old mini-map setup is coming back.

I'll add callouts shouldn't be heard by enemies and footsteps need to be tweaked.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: how much different is BO4 from BO3? Watching videos of both the speed of those games are a night and day difference from this. I have BO3 from when it was free on PS+ but only dabbled briefly in it and I never touched BO4, not sure if it's worth buying BO4 to upgrade over BO3? I have zero interest in Blackout, only talking about the regular multiplayer.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I am barely enjoying this game. I see what my daily challenges are, do whichever ones I feel like doing, then get off. There's no marathon sessions like just about every COD prior to this, including Black Ops 4, a game I heavily hated. And by marathon I don't mean 7 hours. I mean 2-3. There's just no real motivation for me. Usually the challenges and prestige levels are that motivation, but whoops, you only get 3 + whatever you decide to activate at the time, and whoops, they removed prestige for a system that will reset every so often.

It would have been awesome for them, even if they didn't go prestige, to do something similar to the last two Black Ops games, where you hit level 100 (this was after master prestige, of course), then you get to pick a first prestige emblem from a prior Black Ops game. A second prestige emblem for level 200, etc, etc.

Just imagine hitting level 1000 in this game and rocking this bad boy.
056d20fac62c30ed97e271cc48622097.png

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: how much different is BO4 from BO3? Watching videos of both the speed of those games are a night and day difference from this. I have BO3 from when it was free on PS+ but only dabbled briefly in it and I never touched BO4, not sure if it's worth buying BO4 to upgrade over BO3? I have zero interest in Blackout, only talking about the regular multiplayer.

Honestly BO4 had become too much for me last time I tried to play. Some of the maps are ugly and not fun (Jungle Flooded) and the TTK is very long. Also, hero abilities are very important. Black Ops 2 remains my gold standard.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly BO4 had become too much for me last time I tried to play. Some of the maps are ugly and not fun (Jungle Flooded) and the TTK is very long. Also, hero abilities are very important. Black Ops 2 remains my gold standard.

I'd love to go back to BO2, but it's not playable on PS4 :(. I didn't touch Xbox this gen, so it's just not an option for me unless I dig out my 360 and resub to Xbox Live lol

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Regardless of if you think this game is GOTG material or think it's a piece of shit, can we just please all agree that Claymores (or any similar explosive you just put down somewhere for it to trigger when someone walks by) simply shouldn't be in the games as a Lethal Equipment at all? It's the same shit with every game which does have them, they're always a huge fucking annoyance.
I couldn't care less about all the nerfs Infinity Ward is gonna make to Claymores in the future, they should simply be moved to Field Upgrades to significantly reduce spam if not removed entirely.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of if you think this game is GOTG material or think it's a piece of shit, can we just please all agree that Claymores (or any similar explosive you just put down somewhere for it to trigger when someone walks by) simply shouldn't be in the games as a Lethal Equipment at all? It's the same shit with every game which does have them, they're always a huge fucking annoyance.
I couldn't care less about all the nerfs Infinity Ward is gonna make to Claymores in the future, they should simply be moved to Field Upgrades to significantly reduce spam if not removed entirely.
Claymores have a place in this game

but maybe it should've been a field upgrade

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Game and console still crashing. Incompetent fucking devs.
What system are you on? I keep hearing about crashes but have experienced none on my X with an Insider OS. Usually I'm on the shit end of game crashes with that. Worst I've had is some disconnects after standby mode was on too long.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
My recipe for enjoying the game:

- Run Spotter. Never be killed by a claymore again.
- Always have something to counter riot shields. I like Molotovs for their speed.
- Equip smoke or stun grenades.
- Run Field Upgrade Pro with Stopping Power and the ammo box.
- On your gun, max one of: recoil reduction, fire rate, or ADS speed. Stop running the green laser.
- Stop playing TDM. Seriously just knowing where enemies will generally be in objective modes does a lot to mitigate things like Dead Silence and Ghost (they should still make Ghost vulnerable to snapshot grenades and heartbeat sensor, though).

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly I was having way more success claymoring riot shield users point blank than I have since I switched to molotovs.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
What system are you on? I keep hearing about crashes but have experienced none on my X with an Insider OS. Usually I'm on the shit end of game crashes with that. Worst I've had is some disconnects after standby mode was on too long.
One X on Insider OS. My friend is also on a One X but normal OS and crashes even more than me. I crashed, went back on the game then immediately crashed again along with my console. Got back on and crashed again.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Having a hell of a fun time with the Oden, set it up for high range/damage and it absolutely rips. A bit unwieldy and heavy/slow but not so unmanageable that it falls apart mid range. It's been really fun finding a gun that clicks and then really going down the rabbit hole with the customization.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
~7 hours of gameplay later I finally got my 15 shield turret kills and the epic calling card unlock, AMA (god that turret is trash). On the plus side I'm also somehow at 7/10 on the execution kills for that one early mission everyone seems to hate which is hilarious because I haven't actually done a single one, so I guess challenges broke in my favor on that one?

Curious what, if anything they nerf this week. I realistically have no expectation of getting all of the camos for each gun due to low skill and some of them being either stupid or ridiculous (I somehow only have 1 kill after reloading with the M4 despite having like 300 kills with it since I unlocked that camo set???), but I do want to get stuff to max level at least and I'm kind of surprised at the grind. Like even after all this I'm still only just now about to hit the level cap on the M4, and my 725 is at like 27 since I honestly don't use that too much. I'm more of a launcher and shoot down anything in the sky kind of guy, which makes that stuff not counting for launcher XP progress right now extra annoying.

I am kind of excited to switch up to a SMG when I'm done with the M4 and see if the bit of extra mobility improves my opinion at all. Also curious to see how I feel about Pointman which I'm about to unlock; this game moving away from pointstreaks is an enormous negative IMO, and while it's at least in as a perk that's also going to force me to give up Ghost/Hardline which is the worst slot for me to give up :/