• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I like how picadilly is just which team can spawn camp first.
St. Petrograd is my favorite map in the game followed by Gun Runner and Rammaza.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Some of the maps are just horrible to play, and for some reason, the vast, VAST, majority of my deaths are from enemies that come up from places I looked at 0.005 seconds before turning my attention to somewhere else.
It's like they ALL know when I'm looking away. ALL OF THEM. SOMEHOW.

This made me laugh more than it should. I litteraly look away for a second, think i am safe and start to move and get killed. This happens every single time, like they spawn next to me ore something.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS4 people - I turned crossplay off and I'm having a lot more fun - just all round doing better. Recommend.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ward should try to understand why game design from 12 years ago in COD4 creates a much better experience.

I would be curious what findings they would have if they made a list of every aspect of the design and tried to justify why their approach is better than in the original Modern Warfare.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
DMR means marksman rifles, right? I'm confused, one of the missions requires 70 kills with a DRM that has 5 attachments, but all the marksman rifles in the list only have 3-4 slots. Or does DMR mean something else? You'd think they'd use consistent names for things, but I guess not.

e: apparently new slots unlock later on, but I tried a game or two with the MK2 and it was so fucking dreadful that I won't even try this mission lol. It's incredible how shitty and annoying the game gets when you're using anything but a full-auto weapon or a shotgun.

Last edited:

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I've always had this mindset in online games that if I hear a certain weapon is overpowered I do not want to use it. I don't get any joy out of beating people using a crutch. Likewise, winning against the people that do use the crutch makes the win all the more sweet.

If only others shared this mentality. I get that feeling some of these people would cut off their own finger if they heard it would give them an advantage.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Balancing the 725 should be simple. Make it just like the MW2 Ranger shotgun in stats with a consistent 2 shot kill at anything past 7 meters.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It has now been at least 5 times that a precision airstrike has killed me inside a building. I wad never even close to a window...

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Just played Tavorsk District for the first time, and what a garbage map that is. It's way to vertical and too easy to get shot from somewhere random.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
How's everyone's KD on this? I'm embarrassed by mine lol
Only play TDM. Currently, 1.35 KD, but switch over to HC, and now, easily going >2 KD almost every game. Before, too many times shoot first only to have other play sponge bullets turn and kill me. After switch, unless I miss, 95% of the time I win.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
DMR means marksman rifles, right? I'm confused, one of the missions requires 70 kills with a DRM that has 5 attachments, but all the marksman rifles in the list only have 3-4 slots. Or does DMR mean something else? You'd think they'd use consistent names for things, but I guess not.

e: apparently new slots unlock later on, but I tried a game or two with the MK2 and it was so fucking dreadful that I won't even try this mission lol. It's incredible how shitty and annoying the game gets when you're using anything but a full-auto weapon or a shotgun.
Do the ones you think you'll have fun doing, ignore the rest.
I pretend "30 headshots with a sniper rifle" doesn't exist :)

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not like they can't tweak the maps or add extra objects through patches nowadays. I also think if the spawns get better at scattering players across the map instead of dropping them at the same edge of the map over and over again the faults of some maps will be lessened as well.
How often does that happen? Even Siege took quite awhile before maps started to get reworked.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Oh boy, barely touched the game since Monday.

First 2 matches but rough, but then I got going! Got like 22 kills (/75) and 5 deaths for once. This is what makes COD addicting.

How's everyone's KD on this? I'm embarrassed by mine lol

First day I was 0.8, but it went up and up from there. Earlier this week was 0.94. Today reached 1.03. Fingers crossed I stay positive haha :)
("Only" lvl 22)

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I noticed they left out in this version is the ability to re roll packages, see what is inside the package, and on HC to see what kill streak you have selected.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm literally stuck on the last mission of the campaign because the game just crashes at the end of load bar no matter what I do.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My KD is currently 0.97. It's the first time I've ever been negative on COD in my life lol It is moving upwards, though. I just don't find it fun doing so poorly.

I played an insane amount of BLOPS 4 (level 668) where my KDR is 1.28. I just can't get used to this low TTK. There is a big difference from BLOPS.

And on COD I've always been a run and gun player. This game does not reward that.

Phil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop bitchjng about th m4 or the 725
It's a balanced AR that does ok damage at range
The 725 is slow to reload and it's only 2 shots
Nerfing either would just made them unusable

Only way to fix camping is to buff player speed like +5 and lower the ttk even more
Nerf claymores Jesus fuck....

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

Only way to fix camping is to buff player speed like +5 and lower the ttk even more

Lowering the TTK would just make people camp more. Claymores do need a nerf but the 725 and M4 absolutely need nerfs.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
They need to just bring down the range on all shotguns. People are only going to use them as secondaries, so it should fill the ultra close range niche. The auto shotty should be only a point blank 1 shot, then go from there. I'd say the maximum 1 shot range of the 725 should be like 20-30 feet, whereas now it's probably close to 100.

Hehe, i love it as a primary gun :D have the magnum as backup if it doesn't kill.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

The 725 is fine? LMAO heard everything now.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Excuse me, but does the game honestly expect me to...

... feel sad when Alex sacrifices himself at the end?
We know absolutely nothing about that guy, he is Rando McBlanddude #231.

It's basically
-Hey, I'm a soldier but I'm not just a mindless drone, you see?
-Let's have that two sentence-conversation about me going where I'm ordered to go.
-I've taken orders my entire life, now I have a mission that I believe in.

Are you fucking kidding me... I almost laughed out loud when he said that... the game treats this as some sort of ending to his character arc, but there is none.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how picadilly is just which team can spawn camp first.
St. Petrograd is my favorite map in the game followed by Gun Runner and Rammaza.
St. Petrograd is one of my all time favourites, up there with Overgrown. It's rich with that Eastern Bloc apartments atmosphere, and the flow is good.
Rammaza is visually nice but I die from everywhere I'm not looking. I get like maybe one kill every 7-8 deaths on that map, there's just too many sightlines.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Kill Confirmed is one of my favorite modes but it doesn't move the needle on this game being camping timeout bullshit. I've played 5 or 6 games of it, every match has gone to time out. Rapidly approaching being done with this game.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany

I Agree with speed buff and nerfing claymores.

The rest is straight bullshit.

Edit : Hardcore explains everything.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

All guns start with a few slots but can have 5 parts added after a few levels.

M14 is a beast,