• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Objectively, I know Ground War is a mess, but man, I'm totally enjoying it more than I have BFV all year.

Also, Gunfight is a blast. So many mind games.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoy this game but I think like rocket league and a few other MP games I've played recently, I think I'm getting MP fatigue, tht never ending game

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, MP is really clicking with me today. Only really playing 6v6 TDM and Domination and I'm starting to to a lot better + having fun.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Finally booted this up tonight after Luigi's Mansion 3!

Played two games of team deathmatch before bed: first game, 5-13, team loss. Second game....22-4, lol. 11 kill streak and was the only guy on my team with a positive K/D and we just squeaked by with a win. The trick was to turn the first gun you get from 3-burst to 1 shot (for assault class).

Game feels really good to play. Excited to play more!

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm long for this MP unfortunately. I'm trying so hard to enjoy it but it's just blah. I've had my fair share of campers since the cod4 days but this game is on a whole other level of camping. I hope IW makes some serious changes to this. I want to like it so badly.
Yea, I'm done as well. It's just not fun adapting to camping and calling it tactical. I'll come back around xmas. Hopefully the remade maps, mp balance and spec ops fix will be there. I wanted to like this game so much but to be penalized for my play style and being lied to about spec ops is too damn much.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game needs to make its damn mind up on whether it's going to show final kill or play of the game.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Objectivelyl I know Ground War is a mess, but man, I'm totally enjoying it more than I have BFV all year.

Also, Gunfight is a blast. So many mind games.
I think it's fun because it's a mess. I don't think they were intending on it being a competitively viable mode or anything so I just queue up to revel in the chaos. Sometimes jumping into a meat grinder is fun.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
giving up on the Oden, the rate of fire is too slow.

also Kill Confirmed needs to be added asap SMH

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played for about 5 hours today nearly every match ended in a time limit, tons of just nothing happening and if it's not a time limit it's an absolute blowout. Spawn points seem to be getting worse by the day as people get better at the game.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I've just removed 10v10 from my filter altogether at this point. I can't take another Aniyah Palace or Bridge, and even Arklov Peak is shitty due to spawning so far from the action, even if the actual map is okay.

Jun 23, 2019
Uh guys I think I built a monster:

Oden
- Colossus Suppressor
- Oden Factory 810mm Barrel
- Commando Foregrip
- Stippled Grip Tape
- Any Optics

You sacrifice speed because of the suppressor and barrel, but do you want to snipe people at 200m with ridiculous stability and power? Give it a shot.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a sound option to change to make footsteps anything like representative of character's locations? Even in single player, such as the chapter where you seek out hostages in the dark, it is next to impossible to locate distance, location or indeed which floor enemies are on. That is through headphones and a home theatre.

How on earth do you get sound design so fundamentally wrong?

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
My operator: "Enemy in the area!"/"Enemy spotted!"/"CONTACT!"

Me:
wheres-waldo.jpg

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Do you get extra xp for different guns like previous games or are the challenges literally only the Daily ones and the ones you have to select manually? I don't think I'm ever going to complete most of these...

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I have come so close to outright breaking my controller over the amount of bullshit this game throws at me.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone pulled off 4K60 with Ultra settings on their PC? I'm using a 2080 Ti with Ryzen 3600X and am hovering around 45-50 with slightly lowered settings. (per the Digital Foundry optimized settings)

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I commend Infinity award for this camo system. It's actually pretty difficult (lots of grind) but the camos all look solid and there's a ton of them.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
If people can just stop being absolute fucking freaks at this game please that would be great.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a sound option to change to make footsteps anything like representative of character's locations? Even in single player, such as the chapter where you seek out hostages in the dark, it is next to impossible to locate distance, location or indeed which floor enemies are on. That is through headphones and a home theatre.

How on earth do you get sound design so fundamentally wrong?

Not to discount your experience, but the sound design is amazing. I play on surround and can tell exactly where somebody is from inside a building. The footsteps are unnaturally loud, which should be adjusted, but they're placed properly.

I don't camp, but it's been amazing when defending in Search and Destroy.

Jun 1, 2019
Turning crossplay off makes a massive difference in terms of playability, this is actually an alright game with it off. Sure, the game still has issues, but at least now I can move without feeling like every step is a life or death decision. Putting an entire base of players against another that on average has better monitors with higher refresh rates and lower latency, and a superior aiming system, is a terrible idea. Crossplay between pc and console players needs to die in a fire.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Turning crossplay off makes a massive difference in terms of playability, this is actually an alright game with it off. Sure, the game still has issues, but at least now I can move without feeling like every step is a life or death decision. Putting an entire base of players against another that on average has better monitors with higher refresh rates and lower latency, and a superior aiming system, is a terrible idea. Crossplay between pc and console players needs to die in a fire.

Its based entirely on periperhal, so if you aren't in a party with PC friends, you won't ever match against PC players..

The crossplay option on console limits cross console play only

Oct 28, 2017
This game is definitely more difficult than previous cod's, especially with the skill based matchmaking, but this new learning curve is kinda fun, CoD needed a bit of spicing up. It all feels more tactical and less mindless which personally I support.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Spec-Ops was really buggy for me before, my operator changed in the midst of the game, but the VA stayed the same. I also couldn't supply anyone with supply crates or anything like that.

I'm probably very LTTP with this though.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

I do say so, and I'm right. You clearly don't know anything about the topic, you're just assuming the worst and voicing those assumptions for no real reason. Fearmongering, you could say.

Crossplay is an absolutely fantastic addition to any online game, and I definitely hope devs will keep at it and include it whenever possible. It's naive to think pc-console crossplay is and can only be "advantaged m+kb players against disadvantaged controller players".

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Good grief, this is going nowhere, it's like I'm talking to a teenage brickwall. Actually read my posts, apply some critical thinking and maybe something good will come out of this whole exchange.

A completely baseless "I'm sure [BAD THING] is true" does nothing but foster unnecessary negativity.

Deleted member 32442

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Germany
Good grief, this is going nowhere, it's like I'm talking to a teenage brickwall. Actually read my posts, apply some critical thinking and maybe something good will come out of this whole exchange.

A completely baseless "I'm sure [BAD THING] is true" does nothing but foster unnecessary negativity.
as i said believe what you want to believe and all is good :D