• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair there's not a single multiplayer map that I'd say is truly good. Some are passable but all of them have obvious flaws.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Bridge is horrible if you get the side of the bridge where the bus is at. Just too hard to get out and make progress. Piccadilly I actually have no issue with. Enough routes out of the alley and smoke goes a long way as well. People just play it like such assholes the timer seems to run out on the match often. You are not a pro, your K/D will not win you anything in life. Let's move around. Lol.

The main problem with Piccadilly is you get stuck in spawn and it never flips because the enemy can corner you without getting close enough to force a flip. So they know exactly where you are you're getting spawn killed the entire match.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, no single great map. I think most are too condensed but even the larger maps are not by any means better because of how the gameplay systems work right now.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
The main problem with Piccadilly is you get stuck in spawn and it never flips because the enemy can corner you without getting close enough to force a flip. So they know exactly where you are you're getting spawn killed the entire match.

This right here. If you spawn on the side with the Arcade... you can literally get camped over and over and over and over again.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I have to assume SBMM is completely busted. Why else would I be getting put into games with fools who go 30-3 or fucking 60-10? I'm terrible at the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Damn dude, Oden is deadly in longer range shootouts. Definitely replacing MK2 in my MK2/725 class with it.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018

Yes, that side needs another exit and spawns should flip at some point when people are out (it seems they overcorrected from the complaining about BO4 which would constantly flip lol). People never use smoke in this game though....it really helps.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I never like CoD games anymore. I loved cod4 MW.
This is my favorite call of duty by far. I'm addicted to it in a way no game has gotten me in a long time.

I agree some minor things are head scratchers, but I think a lot of the reason people are disliking it are the exact reasons I like it. Because it's less like a standard call of duty than usual. Stop playing it exactly like you'd play another cod.

Smoke is key to making these maps you all hate playable.

This. I always have smoke on me.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
I am digging the lever action rife, cant remember the name. So satisfying, although the 1 hit kills are pretty inconsistent on some of these shots to the chest area. The Oden is pretty fun too.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Really getting annoyed about ADS randomly stopping working if I ever mount on cover in a match ever since the recent pc update...

Oct 26, 2017
California
I have been really enjoying this years cod...i have forced myself to slow down and always check my corners than simply running and gunning like a blind chicken and have benefitted the results
This is the only way I've been able to do well. Probably because I'm 30 so I don't have great twitch reflex skills any longer, but yeah, playing with a rushing mindset is a great way to get frustrated.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Picadilly and the Bridge are broken. In TDM we got locked down at the far right of Picadilly where you spawn near the corner without much options to go around and flank. And we kept on spawning there. Only option is to not go around the corner then, which means you can't do shit.

Bridge is broken in Domination, it seems if you spawn behind C (the houses) you're fucked. You have run to into the open and go up and there is like one or 2 ways. This is a map I cancel out from now on.

I also don't like the Palace map in TDM, I had like 10 kills at the end and thought I was doing shit but I was the second best overall player behind the top player who had 12. Its like that palace is designed for 32 players or something.

Last edited:

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Damn dude, Oden is deadly in longer range shootouts. Definitely replacing MK2 in my MK2/725 class with it.
Are you using single fire mode? brief footage I've seen of it looks like it kicks like a mule in auto.

Scar is pretty decent in semi auto too, I struggle to use it full auto even with attachnents lol

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I seriously doubt any old map will translate well into the new game anyway. Good level design is difficult but they have had the time and resources to develop them. And as far as not knowing, you have plenty of opportunities to test the maps before release.

You would think that on their 50th cod game they would have this process down by now.
I specifically said you don't know until it goes live because no amount of pre-release testing is worth a day of live impressions.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Kidding me, another game with some rank 120 clown who instantly gets all the absolute worst killstreaks and ends the game with a 999 kdr. What's the SBMM doing for me, other than slowing down matchmaking and putting me in near-100ms ping lobbies? Clearly nothing else.

Are you using single fire mode? brief footage I've seen of it looks like it kicks like a mule in auto.

Scar is pretty decent in semi auto too, I struggle to use it full auto even with attachnents lol

Auto, but I tap fire so I guess it wouldn't really matter whether I kept it at auto or single fire.

Oct 25, 2017
Grazna Raid is awful - with the bridge, you can go the long way round and get out of the spawn camping shenanigans
I've had Bridge games go to where one entire team is spawn camped into a single house and the game doesn't flip them or anything.

You literally put like 2 guys at the drop down wall near the bridge staircase, and have a sniper or two on the bridge watching middle to far left.

Team literally only has 2 exits, left door gets blasted by drop wall guys, right takes them down a lfunnel to get sniped the second a head pops around a wall.

The only way I broke out of this when it happened to me a few times was to get everyone in my party using a Javelin(Jokr) and randomly targeting the bridge.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kidding me, another game with some rank 120 clown who instantly gets all the absolute worst killstreaks and ends the game with a 999 kdr. What's the SBMM doing for me, other than slowing down matchmaking and putting me in near-100ms ping lobbies? Clearly nothing else.

Rank 120? What? How is that even possible...it takes an age to level up.

you in high ping lobbies too? I thought it was just me..couldn't get in one below 75ms last night and I couldn't kill anyone, I turned the game off

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
If you want to experience true rage, try playing Piccadilly domination with A side spawn.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Palace is way too big. It has zero flow, too. It degenerates into a CF right from the word go.

Ground War could be fun, but it really needs a Frontlines: Fuel of War style of capture points instead of the Battlefield style of cap anywhere anytime. Tie A->B->C->D->E and reverse for the other team so you need to capture one to get the next and both of those maps become amazing fights for territory. The way it is now, it's just total chaos and not good IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
I specifically said you don't know until it goes live because no amount of pre-release testing is worth a day of live impressions.

You did not say no amount of pre-release testing is worth a day of live impressions, and that is frankly some nonsense.

Day 1 live impressions are just that, first impressions. They are not going to be the same as day 2 or day 30. Yes, you have more feedback. But so what? Plenty of games come out with way better designed maps from day 1 and they are refined and sometimes given major design changes.

This is not some new genre. And not even remotely new modes. They have many years of experience doing this work. These are not just data driven optimizations. They are macro level design choices. It is like they hired someone who thought they knew better than everyone else in the FPS space on how to design maps, and it turns out their design is just shit.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
You did not say no amount of pre-release testing is worth a day of live impressions, and that is frankly some nonsense.

Day 1 live impressions are just that, first impressions. They are not going to be the same as day 2 or day 30. Yes, you have more feedback. But so what? Plenty of games come out with way better designed maps from day 1 and they are refined and sometimes given major design changes.

This is not some new genre. And not even remotely new modes. They have many years of experience doing this work. These are not just data driven optimizations. They are macro level design choices. It is like they hired someone who thought they knew better than everyone else in the FPS space on how to design maps, and it turns out their design is just shit.
Nah, I stand by what I say. Anyone's who's experienced internal playtesting culture at a big game dev will tell you the same. Going live doesn't just give you "more feedback" and data, it gives you honesty. Internal playtests are rarely truly honest.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I use the Oden in full auto and it is a monster. Aim at torso level and 2-3 rounds they dead. It usually headshots with the recoil kick. Once you get the attachments to stabilise it a bit (e.g stocks) it is a stone cold killer.

Add on stopping power rounds and godamnnn

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
There was a daily yesterday that had the first calling card I ever actually liked and wanted to get for getting 60 shotgun kills, but progress wasn't going up at all so I figured it was bugged and I ignored it. Now I get on today and it was apparently tracking but not updating but I'm at 30/60 but with only 28 minutes left before it goes away which is absolutely not going to happen (I'm trash at the game). I'm actually really fucking annoyed.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
There was a daily yesterday that had the first calling card I ever actually liked and wanted to get for getting 60 shotgun kills, but progress wasn't going up at all so I figured it was bugged and I ignored it. Now I get on today and it was apparently tracking but not updating but I'm at 30/60 but with only 28 minutes left before it goes away which is absolutely not going to happen (I'm trash at the game). I'm actually really fucking annoyed.
Challenges big broken right now. I'm working towards the Shiba charm and had 3/5 "get 10 kills in a row without dying" and switched my mission (it specifically says progress would be saved) and when I switched back it went back to 0/5 - I was devastated and pissed but I figured fuck it and tried for another 10 kills, when I got it the progress jumped back to 4/5 like it properly should be.

Scary in the moment but it seems to be mostly visual and the proper progress is being tracked....somewhere

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sit rep pro was a big deal in MW3

How's the ScarH in this? Mw2 version is probably my favorite gun in the series.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Sit rep pro was a big deal in MW3

How's the ScarH in this? Mw2 version is probably my favorite gun in the series.
I'm playing on PC but the Scar is pretty bad.
You only have 20/40 ammo to start with and it kicks hard. Not as hard as the Oden, but doesn't delete people like the Oden either.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Challenges big broken right now. I'm working towards the Shiba charm and had 3/5 "get 10 kills in a row without dying" and switched my mission (it specifically says progress would be saved) and when I switched back it went back to 0/5 - I was devastated and pissed but I figured fuck it and tried for another 10 kills, when I got it the progress jumped back to 4/5 like it properly should be.

Scary in the moment but it seems to be mostly visual and the proper progress is being tracked....somewhere

Yeah, I'm just really pissed in this case because I finally found the first and only cosmetic thing anywhere in the game I actually want and it's on a timer that I'm not going to be able to make now.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like that they made lethal grenades the thing that you get a lot of and not tactical grenades. Should be flipped imo.

I use the Oden in full auto and it is a monster. Aim at torso level and 2-3 rounds they dead. It usually headshots with the recoil kick. Once you get the attachments to stabilise it a bit (e.g stocks) it is a stone cold killer.

Yeah I'm liking it. I think it's a one-shot head shot with Stopping power.

I also really like the MP5 and I just unlocked 10mm rounds so I'm going to try that out tonight. Trying to stay away from the M4 even though it's obviously really good.

I liked using the lever action and Kar98K but their one shot potential seemed a little inconsistent. Especially the Kar98K which should have the same killing potential as any sniper rifle in the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Yep, played a few more games with it and it's an absolute joy to use. Very satisfying.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
Has anyone double dipped yet? First time in a while that CoD felt this great. Have it on PC but thinking of getting on PS4 for couch play.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one rocking the P90? Seems to be the gun I do good with. The older games it was a very close quarters gun, but in this game it is a lazer even at long range.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Yet to try it, will do.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I really want to play with the P90, the M13, the DMRs....but the M4 meta just gets you shredded anytime you're trying to mess with other guns. I get that the XRK is making a lot of people stick with it and results in an endless loop of "well I leveled up and unlocked other guns but now my M4 is way higher level than everything else so I'll just stick with it" but gosh

Like even the Oden - if you miss that first shot, the M4 you're up against has already spit 3-4 more bullets in your directions before the 2nd shot rings off

That, the camping and the SBMM make me rage sometimes when playing this.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't even tried the M4 yet, let alone the pre-order suped up version from the preorder. I should probably do that sometime. lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I stand by what I say. Anyone's who's experienced internal playtesting culture at a big game dev will tell you the same. Going live doesn't just give you "more feedback" and data, it gives you honesty. Internal playtests are rarely truly honest.

You are coming across as saying that you know better than me so you are right. I do not think that is a constructive argument.

Regardless, if their development pipeline is so fucked up in playtesting, that is still a result of their mismanagement and it is still their fault. Now I can actually understand and to some extent accept a lack of data to drive certain decisions. You said developers do not know if a map is good until release and get player reactions. I still maintain that is a bullshit excuse and at best a result of their development processes, as you claim internal playtesting is a failure. You gonna say quality playtesting is beyond their ability? What is the next excuse?

You can block a lot of lines of sight to actually get good positioning.