• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Barring some untold future update, no.

I kinda agree though, what with most non-perk attachments having drawbacks. Being able to customize all open slots would be really cool to see.
Considering how many things can now be customised it feels ridiculous to restrict it to just 5. I'm really struggling already and I've not even got all weapons unlocked yet.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Playing tdm feels like we only play 3-4 maps always, how many maps did this game even ship with? There's very limited number maps per game mode
I swear I watch streams and see people playing on maps I've never even seen that look kinda cool... I always get the same garbage maps (Hackney Yard for anything not ground war, Karst River Canal for ground war) over and over again. I wish I could filter them out.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
ARqpXgq.jpeg

Well this just happened. Didn't have any issues till the last patch.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I think the daily challenges are a bit too hard, especially the ones that only award XP. Most of them I either don't want to do or probably couldn't do because I suck. WW2 had a much more rewarding system, with most of them being pretty easy and giving supply drops.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Been playing campaign for a few hours and pheew... playing on PC with 4K and max settings... This game is something else...

Kinda bothered with the altering of Russian/American history facts though. But at least it's not your typical kill al middle eastern baddies type of story.

But the Russians got the short end for sure.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Been playing campaign for a few hours and pheew... playing on PC with 4K and max settings... This game is something else...

Kinda bothered with the altering of Russian/American history facts though. But at least it's not your typical kill al middle eastern baddies type of story.

But the Russians got the short end for sure.

I dunno how old you are, but the Russian were the bad guys in practically every movie made in the 80s-90s. One more game won't kill them.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the daily challenges are a bit too hard, especially the ones that only award XP. Most of them I either don't want to do or probably couldn't do because I suck. WW2 had a much more rewarding system, with most of them being pretty easy and giving supply drops.
What, you don't think getting 15 headshots with a sniper rifle is reasonable?

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Just got my first 30 kill game in 6v6 tdm. Feels awesome. I still kinda suck though, my k/d is sitting around 1.2. Win/Loss is 1.46 so I guess that's pretty good. What do you guys have in the way of stats? 523 kills with the M4 so far (weapon of choice), 133 games played.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I dunno how old you are, but the Russian were the bad guys in practically every movie made in the 80s-90s. One more game won't kill them.
Im 32, but thank you for not being condescending...

I'm just thinking it would have been nice for this game to show that Western forces have done some shitty things too (the highway bombings in Kuwait)

Sure, one more game wont kill them, but this reaches millions of people, and will slightly alter how they view certain events.

I'm loving it nonetheless... But it's just my one point of critique.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Game after game where it's nothing but blowouts. Like some serious adderall taken from some of these goons.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm, like, complete and utter shit at this, but I'll be damned if the MP still isn't a lot of fun.

PKM + 725 (I like to keep this handy, for close encounters) in Domination is where it's at.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
So I have accepted that the maps sucks and that since I don't camp I'm gunna die a ton.

This may sound stupid but I keep playing COD games because I want to get Max prestige or get the last camo. I got dark matter and chrome for bo3 and WW2

I know these are called challenges for a reason but IW has made these so difficult that they are unobtainable unless you're a pro player or can play 18 hours a day. Seriously 125 longshots, and what 75 kills shorty after reloading with maps the size of China. WTF were they thinking?

We the Damascus camo being unattainable to me I'm finding very little reason to keep playing this game. I wish they make this more of an actual challenge and not mission impossible.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Are we absolutely one hundred percent sure that m/kb people aren't playing with pad players? Because looking at some killcams looks REALLY suspicious.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
While this is the mp I've been waiting for years now, I had to go ahead and submit a ticket for a refund (chances that I'll get it are super slim but fingers crossed I guess). It's impossible to enjoy this when the game keeps crashing every half an hour or even 5 minutes into a match. If I don't get a refund, fine bit my own ass, if yes, I'll buy it half a year later when shit gets fixed hopefully.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly believe some people are mouse and keyboarding in controller games. Some movements are just too precise and fast.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Trust your judgement, MP is great fun. It perhaps isn't what your typical Call of Duty player wanted, but I welcome the more deliberate direction IW took. Issues have been overblown in my opinion. Maps will take longer to get to know, and while matches see a lot of camping, the game gives you many tools to flush enemies out. Footsteps are much quieter than some shooters, and there's frequently enough noise from surrounding gunfire and killstreak strikes to mask it. Netcode has been brilliant for a week 1 release too, I'm surprised at all the complaints of unfair deaths here.

I'd like to see a longer timer on the claymore, and right now engagements are heavily dominated by the M4. Ground War is kind of unbalanced and chaotic, and Spec Ops undercooked, but it's extremely early days and no doubt IW are already crunching the numbers and planning changes.
Perhaps it is just what I needed. A refresh so to speak. There is a pretty distinct reason it has not appealed to me in many years.
I also just played a few matches. Really started actually taking it serious. Lo and behold I was top spot on our team. Just wish we did not get destroyed, but it is a start. Actually had a positive K/D which was encouraging. I really do enjoy it. Slow and methodical seems to pay off big time with this game. Perhaps it is my older age but that is exactly what I enjoy. Thanks for leaving the encouraging words. I think I may be playing for some time now. Especially since DOOM got postponed.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Are we absolutely one hundred percent sure that m/kb people aren't playing with pad players? Because looking at some killcams looks REALLY suspicious.
I honestly believe some people are mouse and keyboarding in controller games. Some movements are just too precise and fast.
This has been suspected since launch.

Reminder to everyone on consoles. You can turn off cross play in the settings. There is really no benefit to you having this on.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Blame the cheaters. I'm being facetious but like c'mon dude.

Like I'm probably just being too judgmental and salty but I have to challenge this. Like I have the video now, please tell me how wrong or right I am.

He knew exactly where (you?) were shooting from, you unloaded a whole mag in his direction. You kept your head stuck out and he shot you. Yeah it was good aim, but it's perfectly doable with a gamepad.

Edit: sorry, the second part of the clip.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I know I'm terrible, I'll take that L, I just want the public opinion if it wasn't m/kb or pad.

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
While it's possible that some players can spoof gamepad and play with mouse and keyboard, I think some people don't realize just how good some players are with pad. I play at sensitivity 6 or something out of 20. There's a reason it goes that high.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Idk man I just seemed to hit a wall with this game. I put about 15 hours and with the rotation of maps that i'm getting (and I legit try to learn them) I think now's the time to play Outer Worlds.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
While it's possible that some players can spoof gamepad and play with mouse and keyboard, I think some people don't realize just how good some players are with pad. I play at sensitivity 6 or something out of 20. There's a reason it goes that high.

COD aim assist does wonders too. I play on PC with a gamepad as preference (I'm better with gamepads because I've put more hours into them). I've tried playing with m/kb and it just feels different. Aiming feels a little better, but movement and other stuff feels worse to me. Certain shooters are really hard to compete with a controller, but COD's gameplay design (and aim assist) allows for it if ya ask me.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the game gave me any excuse to use anything but the M4A1. Need these nerfs to hit pronto.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
So even with M+KB, the Riot Shield has extremely sticky autoaim. It's basically impossible to bypass it at close range.

Oct 26, 2017
I just joined a Cyber Attack match scored 1-4. I pulled out some clutch shit and got us tied, then we lost the last match. I used a UAV right before I died, and it hurt so much to watch my last remaining teammate SPRINT around a corner where the UAV was clearly showing a bad guy. He got gunned down and we lost....

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
crossplay should really not be optional

idk why people on pad think MKB are so much better, they're not in this game. COD was made for controllers.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my first 30 kill game in 6v6 tdm. Feels awesome. I still kinda suck though, my k/d is sitting around 1.2. Win/Loss is 1.46 so I guess that's pretty good. What do you guys have in the way of stats? 523 kills with the M4 so far (weapon of choice), 133 games played.

I've played wayyyyyyy to much of this game over the last four days. I've been on PTO and my wife is thankfully a saint.

Still haven't been able to land a nuke though, gotten into the mid 20s quite a few times but for whatever reason this game is hard in terms of running a 30 gun streak - didn't have too much a problem doing that with Blops 3/4

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Observations after 25 minutes of MP gameplay after not having played a CoD online since MW2 (more recent CoD was Infinite Warfare, but I only played the campaign):

1. The people who play and speak into the mic are toxic AF. I'm can't even describe what I've heard in just one match. I mean, I've played Dota, but this was something else.

2. Everyone just uses this vertical double-barreled shotgun. Like, I played a Cyber Attack Match and I think only me and another person weren't using that gun (I only have access to default classes right now).

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
This has been suspected since launch.

Reminder to everyone on consoles. You can turn off cross play in the settings. There is really no benefit to you having this on.
As a pc kbm player who's played with/against friends on controller, and against many console opponents, the fear over KBM advantage is really overblown. If you're good at controller, you're still going to shred. My friend on controller is regularly outdoing all of my pc kbm friends, we all incorrectly held the same belief before, that kbm is just flat out superior, but it seems more like, if you're good, you're good, regardless of input.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For a game with the biggest player base in series history it sure is horrible at making fair teams other than that the game is good

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
I'm really wanting to like this MP because there are things I really love like the core gun feel but wow I just can't get in a groove at all. I feel like I wasted my money.

I just keep getting killed from all corners and nooks and cranny's and doors and ledges by campers.The only games I've done decent is where I camped my ass off and racked up some kill-streaks (lol tactical).

Its frustratingly exhausting. With the low count of trash-tier maps, I'm not sure how much longer I can last. This is the quickest I've started to burn out in a CoD (Level 18 in MP).

sigh