• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I just bought this from the Blizzard store and was reminded that their authenticator is the worst thing ever created. It asked me to confirm a purchase so I fired it up and saw it was logged out for some reason. After putting in my info it's now telling me I need a serial number and confirmation code. I think I have the confirmation code saved, but can't find the serial number. So now I need to contact customer support because there's no other way to look it up?

So to recap, I needed to input my account password to put in two other passwords to access an app that will give me another password.

Weirdest thing is the purchase still somehow went through. Now I'm just worried I'll get locked out for whatever reason.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
After a night of mostly dreadful games, I had TWO consecutive very solid 10v10 DOM games with the MK2 Carbine and the 725.

6nEEDJ6.jpg

Well, the MK2 I could take or leave, but the 725 is a lot of fun. With shotguns, unlike with automatic weapons, it never feels like total bullshit when you die in a 1v1 situation - 99% of the time you will win against automatic weapons, as long as they're fairly close to you. If you lose, it's pretty much always because you missed or the target was too far.

10v10 DOM is definitely the playlist for me. I'm starting to warm up to Euphrates Bridge and the other two 10v10 maps aren't terrible either. 20 players means less pressure on single players so I can just take it easy. If I'm doing absolutely terribly, fuck it. These maps have the worst spawn trapping in the game too, though.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying seeing so many people immediately jumping to the conclusion that they're gonna get stomped by people using mouse and keyboard.

Send me evidence that in most of your matches against people with mouse and keyboard, they're consistently at the top of the scoreboard. Because I've played with plenty of controller users that have absolutely destroyed me.

The game currently uses SBMM. This isn't a problem. PC CoD games have a history of dying shortly after launch. By asking for this input "issue" to be fixed, you're selfishly allowing our version of the game to be next to unplayable in a month or so.

If SBMM works correctly, yes.

Skill-based matchmaking should place you in lobbies with people on par with you, regardless of whatever advantages/disadvantages they have.

Are you aware there's also console players using mouse and keyboard? They don't have a framerate advantage. There's also PC players with low end specs and mouse and keyboard. There's also PC players with high end specs using controllers. Where do you think these players should end up?

The current SBMM has decided to place me against nothing but people who all seem to play like Shroud.

So the current implementation is placing me against people who are significantly better than me, which is gonna lower me K/D beneath 1, and maybe hopefully start to balance out and place me with people on par with me again?

At the moment though, regardless of whether or not mm is input-based, you're gonna get thrown into lobbies with people that are better than you. That's just the way it goes.

I can instantly tell (via the icons) what users are in the lobby, and guess what without fail the players on kB/m are on top of the scoreboard and watching them in the kill cam they are snapping to people left right and centre wasting everyone.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the impressions in this thread, including my experience with the beta, seals the deal that I'll not buy this game and stick with MWR and BO3. I can't believe this. I was looking forward to this game, too. As a run-and-gun player, knowing that this game absolutely destroys that play style is disheartening.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
It also allows you to use guns you don't even have unlocked,
go to loadout, change gun and if you have one it will be a little square thing to the right of the currently highlighted gun.
OK thanks I'll check tonight. I think it was for the MP5 and I got it right around the same time I unlocked the base version of that gun so maybe I didn't see the option to scroll right.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I can instantly tell (via the icons) what users are in the lobby, and guess what without fail the players on kB/m are on top of the scoreboard and watching them in the kill cam they are snapping to people left right and centre wasting everyone.

I've had plenty of games where controller users have wrecked M+KB users

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone else had issues getting their mic to work on PC, I have tried resetting my default input and output devices, unplugged other peripherals, but no matter what I do I can not get my mic to work - it's a Blue Snowball.

smashkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly the funniest start to a game, wondering if my game sent me to the lonely corner when it started like this...
fd96ff9bda.jpg

...turns out that my game started as a 1v6. Piccadilly is turning into a meme map for me. 9/10 times it just slowly turns into that spawn lock.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I have taken a very, very long hiatus playing CoD MP. I have not played it consistently since MW2.

So I fully admit I do not know if it is because generally speaking I do not play much MP at all these days besides BF (and even then I play sparingly and have not touched it in months) and as a result I am just enjoying playing any MP again, or if it is actually good, but I am finding myself enjoying the MP quite a lot. And this is despite the fact I am so damn rusty I tend to be at the bottom of the player list more often than not. I 110% prefer Domination as when I did play a lot Headquarters was my preferred mode. Probably because I do prefer an objective based MP match more than anything else. However even the random DM matches I have played, I am definitely enjoying those as well.

Again though, this could 110% be because I barely play any MP these days and I am just enjoying doing so again. I absolutely cannot compare it to the recently released games in the series as I have not played them seriously since MW2. So I do not know what has changed for better or for worse. All I know was there was a time in the early to mid 2000's almost all I played was MP. Unreal Tournament. CS. Enemy Territory. Eventually CoD. Then the older I got with the less time I had to play, I strayed away from MP games. I just no longer had that competitive desire and the community itself became more and more uninviting. So I practically gave up on MP entirely.

So perhaps it is a case of what is old it is new to me again, but I am definitely digging the MP thus far. A big fucking factor in this is I took someone's advice pretty early on of just not sprinting at all. My TTK has been cut down dramatically as a result.

With all of that said I am sure I will get burned out on it, and it may happen pretty soon. Specifically once people have been playing for awhile and I get to the point I feel like I am just really getting owned every damn match. Until then, I actually see myself booting up the game specifically just to play some MP. That shit has not happened in quite some time.

Perhaps it all has to do with the fact the campaign is one of the best CoD Campaigns in quite some time. I still got a way to go with it so perhaps it will shit the bed, but I am thoroughly enjoying my time with it thus far.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I just can't play this. Gave it a few extra days and I'm just finding myself having an awful time. No reason to subject myself and force myself to try and like this when so many other games are out there. The final straw that broke the camel's back was playing a match of Domination on Euphrates Bridge. I turned the game off and literally did this after the match was over:

3XiKMch.gif

If you actually enjoy this M4 campfest with the shittiest maps in franchise history than more power to you.

Same. Went back for a round in BO4 and I was instantly reminded of the better aiming, better movement, better map design, better TTK, better weapon balance, better killstreak (pointstreak) handling, better audio balance... did a nice little 40-9 with only like 2 or 3 killstreak kills for good measure, coming from MW where I was dying nearly every firefight.

For all that game's issues, that game is a better multiplayer shooter, there are no questions about it. Modern Warfare is an unbalanced mess that wants to be a certain kind of game while its own design prevents it from being that game. I play tons of shooters. It's probably the least balanced triple-A multiplayer shooter I've played in years, even longer if we only consider long-lasting franchises where the devs should know better.

It's kinda shocking how many crazy mistakes they committed. It's not even a matter of tastes: shit like minimaps not showing red blips but compasses doing so, maps allowing easy spawntrapping or lag compensation this bad aren't even subjective, they're objective flaws that this franchise partially resolved throughout the years, but Infinity Ward knew better and removed a decade worth of improvements to the formula while getting rid of some of the controversial aspects. More power to them I guess, but I can see the Treyarch cycle continuing with this game having a lower population than Black Ops 4 in a year's time unless they get their shit together (like it happened with all CODs after MW3: people kept going back to the Treyarch game instead of sticking to the newer ones).

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MP5 is deadly. Think I found my new favourite gun.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I played in some mixed playlists with my friend who was on m/kb while I played gamepad and managed to do pretty well for myself. I wasn't on top of the leaderboard, but I was definitely outpacing more than a few m/kb players.

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, the game is great but I'm so baaaad haha. Back in the day of MW1 I would finish top two all the time.

giphy.gif

But my friend is worse, we played three rounds of domination and he managed to get three kills in those rounds. But at least he enjoys it.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd really love to get into a new multiplayer series but I've been stuck with COD since 2010. Is Battlefield worth getting into? Is the gun play fast enough?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted?

In the official CoD app it showed a screenshot of a player playing 50v50 on the map, Trainstation.

It should be noted that as the video points out, the CoD app was notorious during BO4 and past CoD titles for accidentally leaking a ton of stuff.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, now people are saying the gunplay in BO4 is better? The gunplay in that game was atrocious.

Also, this game has a perk in the second slot to replace your killstreak with a pointstreak.

Like I said, post proof.

Post a screenshot of the pre-game lobby, and post a screenshot of the scoreboard at the end.

The game has SBMM. Input-type isn't a problem.

I played in some mixed playlists with my friend who was on m/kb while I played gamepad and managed to do pretty well for myself. I wasn't on top of the leaderboard, but I was definitely outpacing more than a few m/kb players.
Keep in mind that one factor of SBMM is that if you're partied up with a friend who's better than you (not suggesting that's the case here), you're gonna get thrown into a lobby with people at your friend's skill level.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Copying...

I've noticed that this takes the longest on games that have received a lot of patches (it gets worse each time) or have a lot of DLC. I feel like the fact that this game has six different segments to the installation is part of the reason that this step is so slow, and it's only going to get worse as they release more patches. And for anyone curious, it's still pretty slow with an SSD, but the time is at least cut in half or so.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's annoying seeing so many people immediately jumping to the conclusion that they're gonna get stomped by people using mouse and keyboard.

Send me evidence that in most of your matches against people with mouse and keyboard, they're consistently at the top of the scoreboard. Because I've played with plenty of controller users that have absolutely destroyed me.

The game currently uses SBMM. This isn't a problem. PC CoD games have a history of dying shortly after launch. By asking for this input "issue" to be fixed, you're selfishly allowing our version of the game to be next to unplayable in a month or so.

If SBMM works correctly, yes.

Skill-based matchmaking should place you in lobbies with people on par with you, regardless of whatever advantages/disadvantages they have.

Are you aware there's also console players using mouse and keyboard? They don't have a framerate advantage. There's also PC players with low end specs and mouse and keyboard. There's also PC players with high end specs using controllers. Where do you think these players should end up?

The current SBMM has decided to place me against nothing but people who all seem to play like Shroud.

So the current implementation is placing me against people who are significantly better than me, which is gonna lower me K/D beneath 1, and maybe hopefully start to balance out and place me with people on par with me again?

At the moment though, regardless of whether or not mm is input-based, you're gonna get thrown into lobbies with people that are better than you. That's just the way it goes.

Disagree. There's no scenario where PC players should be against console players.

Unless of course the PC players are sulking their player base is too small. Which is their own fault for not choosing a platform with a larger userbase.

This stupidity is going to be the downfall of Fortnite and will contribute to any other game stupid enough to insult console gamers.

Oct 25, 2017
I played 1 mission on spec ops and the graphics were bugging out and the performance was really quite bad. But the wave defense mission ran smooth so... dunno.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game will not last long. Poor map design, favoring campers is going to kill it sooner rather than later.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
725 feels so good, maybe the best feeling since the MW2 spaz

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
I am perhaps an exception on this thread, but i have never played the multiplayer component of the games, i did play exactly 2 matches of infinite warfare and quit because i would spawn and die instantly, the same thing pretty much happened here as well and then I saw this mode called realism, wow this mode is pretty damn good, i have been consistently getting kills (and getting killed ) but it somehow seems a very fair match each time, yes there are people that camp (i do too at times) but this mode makes the component of the game quite palatable to me.. I am pretty sure veterans of the game are bound to disagree but people who have usually skipped multiplayer across the franchise should give this mode a try, it sort of feels like a much fairer fight, people usually don't spawn kill you, you can take your time to understand the environment and learn, sounds for example are so amazing in the game, same goes for bullet trajectory, it actually helps you understand where the enemy is and sweep through corners as if one if playing a tactical shooter

Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed something real stupid about the PC version. It launches in fullscreen windowed. Okay. But it says it is in fullscreen. So you basically have to switch to another window setting in the menu and then back to fullscreen to actually get fullscreen. I normally get a noticeable performance increase in fullscreen in games compared to full screen windowed. So it bugs me I have to do this every time I launch. But I may add a command line, like -fullscreen I assume will try to force it to launch in fullscreen.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
wtf is this.. ever since the recent patch on PC my ADS randomly stops working....

like im holding down the aim button and it literally just randomly stops aiming then aiming again 5 times in a row. I've tested my mouse to see if anything was wrong with it and literally nothing is..

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have taken a very, very long hiatus playing CoD MP. I have not played it consistently since MW2.

So I fully admit I do not know if it is because generally speaking I do not play much MP at all these days besides BF (and even then I play sparingly and have not touched it in months) and as a result I am just enjoying playing any MP again, or if it is actually good, but I am finding myself enjoying the MP quite a lot. And this is despite the fact I am so damn rusty I tend to be at the bottom of the player list more often than not. I 110% prefer Domination as when I did play a lot Headquarters was my preferred mode. Probably because I do prefer an objective based MP match more than anything else. However even the random DM matches I have played, I am definitely enjoying those as well.

Again though, this could 110% be because I barely play any MP these days and I am just enjoying doing so again. I absolutely cannot compare it to the recently released games in the series as I have not played them seriously since MW2. So I do not know what has changed for better or for worse. All I know was there was a time in the early to mid 2000's almost all I played was MP. Unreal Tournament. CS. Enemy Territory. Eventually CoD. Then the older I got with the less time I had to play, I strayed away from MP games. I just no longer had that competitive desire and the community itself became more and more uninviting. So I practically gave up on MP entirely.

So perhaps it is a case of what is old it is new to me again, but I am definitely digging the MP thus far. A big fucking factor in this is I took someone's advice pretty early on of just not sprinting at all. My TTK has been cut down dramatically as a result.

With all of that said I am sure I will get burned out on it, and it may happen pretty soon. Specifically once people have been playing for awhile and I get to the point I feel like I am just really getting owned every damn match. Until then, I actually see myself booting up the game specifically just to play some MP. That shit has not happened in quite some time.

Perhaps it all has to do with the fact the campaign is one of the best CoD Campaigns in quite some time. I still got a way to go with it so perhaps it will shit the bed, but I am thoroughly enjoying my time with it thus far.

Trust your judgement, MP is great fun. It perhaps isn't what your typical Call of Duty player wanted, but I welcome the more deliberate direction IW took. Issues have been overblown in my opinion. Maps will take longer to get to know, and while matches see a lot of camping, the game gives you many tools to flush enemies out. Footsteps are much quieter than some shooters, and there's frequently enough noise from surrounding gunfire and killstreak strikes to mask it. Netcode has been brilliant for a week 1 release too, I'm surprised at all the complaints of unfair deaths here.

I'd like to see a longer timer on the claymore, and right now engagements are heavily dominated by the M4. Ground War is kind of unbalanced and chaotic, and Spec Ops undercooked, but it's extremely early days and no doubt IW are already crunching the numbers and planning changes.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
One challenge away from Gold Kilo AR, kill after reloading. It's surprisingly difficult, gonna be a while.