• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that works. I just did an 8.0kdr game by camping with a shotgun. Works, but it's so fucking boring.
Its called adapting your funstyle or gamestyle or whatever its called now

Edit: It's definitely fun when you're drunk or high
And now I'm going 2-8 in S&D on Piccadilly. Honestly even on killcams I don't see the targets and I'm a Global Elite in CSGO lmao. What a TERRIBLE map.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know yet why domination scorecard shows kills and deaths but not captures? What type of insane decision is that?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with the game, got to level 15 in MP and it's just not fun at all, I have been a massive fan of the series since the first game but this is just shit. It's without a doubt my least favourite game ever, dethroning Advanced Warfare.

- TTK is so low 99% of the time I'm dead before I can even move my mouse
- Lots of visibly issues, which means you die without even seeing who shot you
- Overly busy maps
- Ghost not requiring you to move, protecting campers
- Insanely loud footsteps, protecting campers
- No gunfire on the map, protecting campers (see the theme...)
- Stupid bloody callouts giving away your position, again protecting campers
- M4 being a god-damn laser (is there even a point to using anything else other than maybe the MP5...)

Overall they've done a great job with the visuals, animations, audio, gun smith but the core gameplay just isn't enjoyable in the slightest. They've turned it into what feels like a totally different game, so if you go in expecting CoD you're shit out of luck.

This is Modern Warfare's multiplayer experience summed up perfectly. It's simply not fun to play due to a crazy amount of outrageously asinine design choices. I can't believe this was tested at all, there's so many fundamental issues between glitches, unbalanced elements and simply a lack of common sense.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry don't want to turn this into a scoreboard thread but camping definitely nets you a glorious K/D. Shame about the one death but doesn't matter thankfully.

FWbWEYV.png

ara

Oct 26, 2017
And now I'm going 2-8 in S&D on Piccadilly. Honestly even on killcams I don't see the targets and I'm a Global Elite in CSGO lmao. What a TERRIBLE map.

Heh, that's the inconsistency I've talked about a couple of times. By now I've just decided to deal with the fact that I'll be stuck at 1.0kdr - at best.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
I have finally found my fun playing this game..I camp. Yep I'm officially a camper now. 2X claymore and just pick an area and camp it. Been going positive all games since I decided to just try my hand at camping. They did say that they wanted a more tactical and slower paced COD so congrats IW you win! I'll CAMP :D

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
20+ hours of MP so far.

Just hit those Officer Ranks. I was always a fan of Prestige but I like this new system, too. No need to worry about losing your weapons/killstreaks now! Did they say how long a season is? Wondering how long they give us to complete all these new challenges. The first 10 levels of these new ranks ask you to kill a certain amount of enemies, flash a certain amount of enemies, headshots with an SMG, or call in UAV's. Just to name a few.

Soooooooooo many attachments. A lot of variety.

Been playing mostly Hardcore TDM, with a little DOM mixed in. Not sure how I feel about health regeneration in HC.

Favorite guns so far have been the FAL (with a night vision scope), P90 and I just started using the AK47. Having a fun time with LMG's, too. Glad to see the Riot Shield is back. Haven't used it yet but it was a ton of fun running around with it.

In terms of maps, i'm not crazy about them but I don't dislike them EXPECT for Piccadilly. That's when I use my night vision FAL to pick people off. That's such a one sided map. Haven't tried the other, larger maps. Speaking of larger maps, I hated Ground War in the beta and will only play it if I need to complete some challenges.

In terms of Field Upgrades, I've been using the EMP Drone. It disables electronics in an area, so I'm assuming that can help a little with Claymores. Disable them long enough for me to rush in, if needed. Gotta play around with the others. You can actually equip 2 Field Upgrades once you reach a certain rank.

Challenges being bugged annoys me. I can set a mission and next match, it deactivates. Either that, or they aren't being track or they ARE tracked and the bar is just bugged.

For Killstreaks, I use the Sentry Gun, VTOL and White Phosphorus. I stole a Gunship from the enemy and that one hurts, lol. Always been a fan of Sentry Guns. Great to lock down an area.

I do miss Scorestreaks and yea, I know I can just use Pointman but it shouldn't even be a perk in the first place.

Looking forward to those Night maps, whenever they come back.

XP tokens seem useless since the timer runs during the lobby. What? lol

Gunplay feels awesome. Sound is on a whole different level. If Battle Royale feels the same, that's going to be so awesome.

I've been enjoying my time with the game. Campaign and MP wise. Haven't tried Spec Ops yet but from reading everyone's opinions, it isn't like the old ones, which is a disappointment.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nearing level 30 and I'm enjoying the game so far. This is definitely my favorite MP of the post-exodus Infinity Ward games. Really my only gripes at the moment are how the challenges are set up this time around, and the lack of Kill Confirmed.

Also really enjoying annoying people with the riot shield.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
People bragging in here about their K/D and posting screenshots of them losing while not playing the objectives in objective based modes.
On top of that they're talking shit about camping as though camping led to them winning.

This is like playing a fighting game and bragging that you hit your opponent with a wake up super, but didn't land a hit otherwise and got wrecked. Then complaining about how powerful super moves are.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
apart from shockingly low map count for regular-ass TDM, i've been digging this a lot. most of the maps are just OK but Rammaza is the standout for me. that feels ripped straight out of MW2 in a great way. overall, need more MW2 and Black Ops-sized maps in here.

campaign was pretty good with some outstanding high points (Clean House, despite its relative brevity, is this game's All Ghillied Up), but doesn't quite match Infinite Warfare's consistency and cohesiveness.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point of the Armory/blueprints section? Feel like I can't activate any of the blueprints I have.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Thanks for letting me know.
Thumbs up for the momento quote.
I'm pretty sure they're full of it. I've not seen anyone on PC spoofing gamepads, nor seen any evidence over here or on the subreddit, unless I've somehow been missing it.

Stick 'em with the Semtex.
See, most people don't seem to carry them. At best I'll have someone pull a frag, at which point I'll rush them and they'll either throw to try to get their gun back up in-time, or accept their fate and try to take me with them by cooking the grenade until it explodes.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Minor sixth mission spoiler:
Really liked when you first see Alex as a character as Kyle. They don't even interact but it still felt like two playable haracters on Heavy Rain, Detroit etc. meeting. Love those moments, just feels like the characters have life outside of when you're controlling them.[/spoilers]

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I've only played on the beta map for Ground War. I've seen footage of other people playing on another map, but every time I load the mode it's the same map. Am I missing something here?

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Anyone else having a issue with ADS randomly stop working?

Playing on mouse, tested it and it works fine, just game randomly doing it now.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Replaying the campaign at a higher difficulty and I just realized the sheer stupidity of
Alex and Farrah showing up to a night raid without NVGs and getting stuck in the tunnel

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've got some mixed feelings on the campaign. A lot of the characters were extremely bland and uninteresting.

They at least got some better military advising, but a lot of it is still pretty off.

I enjoyed the night vision house clearing segments. But the ending just fell so flat.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
What is the point of the Armory/blueprints section? Feel like I can't activate any of the blueprints I have.
Go to edit loadout, highlight weapon, and to right, you can edit and select the blueprint. For example, with the M4 preorder bonus, edit loadout > highlight M4 under assault rifle > select option to right > choose variant / blueprint.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying seeing so many people immediately jumping to the conclusion that they're gonna get stomped by people using mouse and keyboard.

Send me evidence that in most of your matches against people with mouse and keyboard, they're consistently at the top of the scoreboard. Because I've played with plenty of controller users that have absolutely destroyed me.

The game currently uses SBMM. This isn't a problem. PC CoD games have a history of dying shortly after launch. By asking for this input "issue" to be fixed, you're selfishly allowing our version of the game to be next to unplayable in a month or so.

So you think it's a level playing field between mouse and keyboard players and pad players?
If SBMM works correctly, yes.

Fuck me, another game forcing console players vs PC?

Matchmaking does not make up for mouse and keyboard aiming, higher frame rates, better draw distances, hot keys etc.

And to think I almost bought this before reading the thread.
Skill-based matchmaking should place you in lobbies with people on par with you, regardless of whatever advantages/disadvantages they have.

Are you aware there's also console players using mouse and keyboard? They don't have a framerate advantage. There's also PC players with low end specs and mouse and keyboard. There's also PC players with high end specs using controllers. Where do you think these players should end up?

Likely not, but a competently made SBMM would mean it wouldn't matter. It would be matching good pad players with okay m+kb players.

But honestly, I don't trust their SBMM at all, so I'd rather it be completely input-based.
The current SBMM has decided to place me against nothing but people who all seem to play like Shroud.

So the current implementation is placing me against people who are significantly better than me, which is gonna lower me K/D beneath 1, and maybe hopefully start to balance out and place me with people on par with me again?

At the moment though, regardless of whether or not mm is input-based, you're gonna get thrown into lobbies with people that are better than you. That's just the way it goes.

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
Got this game yesterday as an anniversary present. Really enjoying TDM so far. The four maps I've played have been pretty good and I haven't really encountered any issues with camping. The gunplay overall feels like the best in the series. Really excited to play it some more tonight.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Why are we STILL spawning in the back of the fucking map?