• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
A lot of negativity here, but honestly, as a vet of the series, I love this game. Gameplay feels great, it has a great stop-go-stop momentum online. The sightlines require care and not recklessness. The guns feel great and there is awesome variety with the gun modifications.

I also like the maps for the most part! I think there is some serious spawn camp issues, but despite that I love the flow. Haven't had the hours fly by like this since Battlefield Bad Company 2 which picked up the ashes of MW2 imo. With this game, my biggest piece of advice is gonna be one I heard playing Battlefield years ago - slow down, stop sprinting.

FM and P90 all day fam.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
So, after another day of play, and without playing in 10v10, I really enjoyed it. A pure blast to be honest we laughed all day and I finally understood how to play the game. (The 725 is really really OP)

Love it now !

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody trying to do all the camo challenges to unlock the dark matter camo or whatever they call it?

I'm using the same gun since launch and I don't know if I'll ever be able to get every camo unlocked. 125 headshots is ridiculous not to mention trying to kill people shortly after you load because you die so quickly.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody trying to do all the camo challenges to unlock the dark matter camo or whatever they call it?

I'm using the same gun since launch and I don't know if I'll ever be able to get every camo unlocked. 125 headshots is ridiculous not to mention trying to kill people shortly after you load because you die so quickly.

Idk if I'll get everything, not sure what happens after the mounted ones... do they have camos based on playing with no attachments attached to the weapon?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't quite figured out matchmaking in 2019

unknown.png

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah just got to tiger camos and there are red and blue tiger camos for using all attachments on a gun... okay those are easy. I think the crouching ones are annoying and so are the mounted.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope War in the Pacific is good because I can't see myself playing this game much longer except when they add more Ground War maps.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
They should at least make it so that the swing of a door within the laser radius triggers claymores.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have the devs said whether or not it's intentional that you can hear what enemies shout?

They should at least make it so that the swing of a door within the laser radius triggers claymores.
Doors should be removed, or they should just be breakable. At the moment, they're completely fucking broken.

Sure, the graphics are better and there's some different mechanics like doors and mounting
I feel like both of these mechanics are ass.

Last edited:

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
So I've spent quite a bit of time with the game this weekend and had some good fun. However I can't help but ask myself the question "Is this really any better than the original MW?" Sure, the graphics are better and there's some different mechanics like doors and mounting but... is it better? I'm still not so sure. There's only like 3 or 4 maps in the game that I played over and over again so that was underwhelming. I guess my overall impression after this weekend binge is "eh".

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Piccadilly and Euphrates are the two maps I'm the least familiar with and I just got worked on both of them. So many sight lines! Going into the office tomorrow with a lot of questions, lol.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Getting a bug where all my weapons appear as level 1 and don't make any progress. Just a visual bug, but extremely annoying. Reddit says it's been there since beta, ugh.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So I've spent quite a bit of time with the game this weekend and had some good fun. However I can't help but ask myself the question "Is this really any better than the original MW?" Sure, the graphics are better and there's some different mechanics like doors and mounting but... is it better? I'm still not so sure. There's only like 3 or 4 maps in the game that I played over and over again so that was underwhelming. I guess my overall impression after this weekend binge is "eh".
Doors are nothing but an annoyance honestly as they alert enemies, hopefully this will be the first and last CoD to have them.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I love putting a claymore behind a closed door. The Recharge perk is so good that I wish it wasn't in the same vertical as Ghost. Getting a claymore every 30 seconds is the best thing for campers in heavy trafficked spots.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I love putting a claymore behind a closed door. The Recharge perk is so good that I wish it wasn't in the same vertical as Ghost. Getting a claymore every 30 seconds is the best thing for campers in heavy trafficked spots.

I do the same damn thing and it has helped me a lot. I don't camp but I love setting claymores on doors most traveled by.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Have the devs said whether or not it's intentional that you can hear what enemies shout?

Doors should be removed, or they should just be breakable. At the moment, they're completely fucking broken.

I feel like both of these mechanics are ass.

Not really a fan of mounting but sometimes you're crouched and need to peek and shoot. It's really not that bad. Doors is kinda unnecessary.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Piccadilly has got to be one of the worst maps I've ever played

This is so evil I love it

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I am just getting crashed constantly in multiplayer and co-op. Everything was fine in singleplayer though. No idea what's happening.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
what the fuck is up with population in this game. I rarely get a game with full player count when I am in party with my friends.

This is so annoying. Game is new so can't be the population issue, has to be a bug or something.

Anyone else? When I am playing alone, no issue.

I hope War in the Pacific is good because I can't see myself playing this game much longer except when they add more Ground War maps.

Legit question. How are you guys enjoying Ground War? its complete garbage. Everyone is fucking snipping everywhere.
Realism mode is GOAT. And I see myself coming back to it a lot.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Fuck this stealth camera mission guiding an npc, made restart the entire mission because the checkpoint put the girl on an insta death point.
The Embassy is basically one of the worst campaign missions to have to restart, because it has so many slow set pieces within it, I had a checkpoint bug while playing it almost at the end of the mission which would cause the game to crash every time I would try to load back, so I had to restart it, and I hated every second of it after that.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The Embassy is basically one of the worst campaign missions to have to restart, because it has so many slow set pieces within it, I had a checkpoint bug while playing it almost at the end of the mission which would cause the game to crash every time I would try to load back, so I had to restart it, and I hated every second of it after that.

Yeah, it' probably the worst mission until now but it's been great si far.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
what the fuck is up with population in this game. I rarely get a game with full player count when I am in party with my friends.

This is so annoying. Game is new so can't be the population issue, has to be a bug or something.

Anyone else? When I am playing alone, no issue.

Legit question. How are you guys enjoying Ground War? its complete garbage. Everyone is fucking snipping everywhere.
Realism mode is GOAT. And I see myself coming back to it a lot.

People think the population is due to skill based match making

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Spec Ops so difficult? It feels like your team is not equipped to take on anything and it doesn't help enemies respawn all around you.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Why is Spec Ops so difficult? It feels like your team is not equipped to take on anything and it doesn't help enemies respawn all around you.
I really wish there were checkpoints. I use it as a palate cleanser for MP but losing is soul-crushing in its own right.
Also, they're just way too long for pugs. No one ever wants to stick around for multiple attempts, including friends.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of settings should I be using to get 4K60 on my 2080 Ti in multiplayer? It's running like ass for me.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there were checkpoints. I use it as a palate cleanser for MP but losing is soul-crushing in its own right.
Also, they're just way too long for pugs. No one ever wants to stick around for multiple attempts, including friends.
With the way it's currently designed no one is going to play this in a couple of months. It wants to be a class-based mode but it feels half-assed. It is super unsatisfying, which sucks cuz some Operators require you play it to unlock them. I just want to kill 5 Juggernauts so I can unlock Syd but right now it looks impossible.

Last edited:

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the challenges not being tracked or unlocking? I've been noticing a lot of the weapon ones sometimes won't track any progress. And just before I was trying to complete the daily challenge of winning a match of Search and Destroy. After losing 6 straight games, I finally win one. And what do you know, it didn't track it or unlock 😩

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the challenges not being tracked or unlocking? I've been noticing a lot of the weapon ones sometimes won't track any progress. And just before I was trying to complete the daily challenge of winning a match of Search and Destroy. After losing 6 straight games, I finally win one. And what do you know, it didn't track it or unlock 😩
A lot of people seem to be having issues with challenge tracking.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Got my ass handed to me online to start off but I feel myself slowly getting back into the groove. Nice to be able to have a custom loadout now.