• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Not much mentions here but the one for all death match mode is kinda fun. I've won three times now just taking it slow (not camping just listening and moving around slowly). Great for leveling your weapons, I went from an SMG 1 to level 12 in those three matches.

Oct 25, 2017
I am not clicking with the MP as much as I would hope. The very low TTK and really any latency feels really quite bad. It is still kinda fun, but there is so much to unlock that will take time that I may never get to if I do not stick with it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They literally made the best feeling Call of Duty and sullied the entire multiplayer suite with the worst maps in the series. They really need to step their level design up for the post launch stuff.

asynchrny

Aug 22, 2018
Campaign has been incredible, 10 missions in.

I want to like the MP, but I'm not really feeling those maps.

Spec Ops first mission was pretty boring.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Did they put in the FAL just to troll alt right Rhodesian gun nuts?
It's impressive how utterly useless this gun is.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Was HC mode remove? Sick of shoot first, empty click, just to see the other player sponge bullets. Replay, shows my bullets trailing and player just wounded. At least HC, they would be dead.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I'm gonna whine about the maps too. I don't think I enjoy any of them..

Surprisingly, I was able to get a refund on PC. If the game is better after some updates then I'll jump back in but I'm done for now I guess.
Oh shit. What is the cutoff time if any for a refund? I'm not familiar with Blizzard's marketplace like I am steam's.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to play the campaign, but the cutscene skipping has me worried. How prevalent is that?

I mean, it is noticeable, but it doesn't seem like a performance issue to me, rather a frame rate one. The transition from 60fps gameplay to film-like cut-scenes, seems to be responsible for the dropping of frames. Like a 60Hz video signal being converted to 24Hz poorly, and so frames are dropped. I'm not sure how it would be fixed, but it isn't a massive deal to me.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Oh shit. What is the cutoff time if any for a refund? I'm not familiar with Blizzard's marketplace like I am steam's.
I'm not sure, there is a cutoff time because when I tried to do a refund it said it was denied because I had too much playtime. There's a button right under that though that said "appeal" where you can send a message to support and they can process the refund if they decide to. I wrote in my message that I had barely played the game and that playtime must be from the beta. Also mentioning that the game ran poorly on my PC for the refund reason. Guess that was enough to get a refund.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
They really need to fix the sound of footstep. Unless that's by design cause goddamn I'm forced to crouch walk inside buildings.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
I have been playing for about the 2 full days on XBOX one X on a 27 inch 4k monitor.

It is/can be a fun game but I had to rewire my playstyle a lot. COD4MW is my favorite COD of all time and in that game I just can come forward and dominate because I have trust in my aim. With this fast TTK it is hard to beat a player who is already aiming at the corridor your are entering.
It takes a more of a tactical approach.

I imagine this is even more when playing with the mouse. With a mouse you can easily defend a sector because you can scan much easier.
I read a lot of complaints about the bridgemap. I understand that is very difficult to reach the other side if you have even a few decent mouseplayers on the bridge defending it. On console you can definitely reach the other side and come between enemy lines but it is hard. With teamwork it would even get easier but that is hard to achieve in a public COD game.

I can't even give a good impression of the Piccadilly map because the performance on that map on (my) xbox one X is very bad. While entering the map it is already clear that the framerate is somewhere between 40 and 55FPS. Poorly optimized and unacceptable.

I read a lot about crashes on the X. I only had one in two days. The connections have been great actually during all of my playtime. no random disconnects.

I DISLIKE the matchmaking system where you get put in another lobby every time. One of the charms of COD for me is always joining a lobby and having a few players against you that can you duel with. They kick your ass on map A and you get back at them at the next map. I had memorable battles with randoms that stayed on the lobby for hours and we had great fun. NONE of that is possible here.

With this game the longer I play the worst I get. If you are start losing focus and patience and fall back in your old habbit of constant coming forward you will die a lot. The question is if this is the COD experience you are after. My plan is to unlock everything and switch over to the Search and destroy/Cyber Attackmodes for a more counterstrike kind of gamestyle.

I hope they add some 6 vs 6 maps very soon because the game is a little low on that right now as well.

I have the digital version so I am in for the whole ride, Until now I have a little mixed feelings about it.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the maps are fine for the most part in their main areas, they just really gotta wind in some of the outer edges imo. On the lighter end on Piccadilly doesn't really need a full city block extending on either end, and on the more dramatic end the palace doesn't need a whole ass village that's practically the size of other maps outside of it. I think the idea was to make it so the general spawn zones had more breathing room to avoid spawning into immediate death, but the problem now is that at best you have an obnoxiously long walk back to the action, and at worst you get locked down into one of those back areas because the enemy team can hang back far enough to avoid the proximity trigger on flipping the spawn while still keeping you boxed in (like the barn area of that mountain village map).

That said I'm not sure the bridge can be salvaged, that boy ain't right.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I like how everyone tries to jump over the walls on Aniyah Palace. Talk about an unintuitive map design.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, there is a cutoff time because when I tried to do a refund it said it was denied because I had too much playtime. There's a button right under that though that said "appeal" where you can send a message to support and they can process the refund if they decide to. I wrote in my message that I had barely played the game and that playtime must be from the beta. Also mentioning that the game ran poorly on my PC for the refund reason. Guess that was enough to get a refund.
Ok cool thanks. I will look into this.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
They really need to fix the sound of footstep. Unless that's by design cause goddamn I'm forced to crouch walk inside buildings.

It's so fucking dumb. I mean I get what they were going for with making it so that you need to utilize dead silence effectively, but the base sounds are so loud.

Then you'll get some morons that are like "well learn the map, and use tactics." Great advice when players can literally sound whore you in the middle of a gun fight.

As a side note, we throw around phrases like "worst maps" all the time, but this game truly has some of the worst flowing maps of any Call of Duty game. I just want to go back to the days where studios can make consistently good maps, a la CoD4/MW2. Some of these maps try to squeeze > 10 players on them and they just don't feel like they're meant to be played that way.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Had some good games on Domination today. Suits Picadilly quite well. A good balance of setting up shop to defend B but different aways to approach it too. B on the cave map is a pain though, better of trying to capture the A/C.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the campaign... damn, that was great. As impressive as the graphics are (this is current gen? ridiculous), the sound design just blew me away.

I can't stop thinking now how much I want a SWAT 5 that plays similarly to those missions where you're sweeping through the townhouse one room at a time with night vision on. That stuff was tense as hell and SO well executed. I would love to play some more elaborate missions in that vein from the perspective of an officer.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
LRoZ9XY.png
'
This build kicks some serious ass.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the campaign... damn, that was great. As impressive as the graphics are (this is current gen? ridiculous), the sound design just blew me away.

I can't stop thinking now how much I want a SWAT 5 that plays similarly to those missions where you're sweeping through the townhouse one room at a time with night vision on. That stuff was tense as hell and SO well executed. I would love to play some more elaborate missions in that vein from the perspective of an officer.

I did the house mission and I would pay top dollar for a whole game like that.

AJUK

May 28, 2019

There is a huge gap in the market for. Realistic tactical shooter

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Why why WHY do my character's random voice lines actually play out server-wide?!

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have your character randomly reveal your location when reloading or planting claymores or even just seeing enemies? This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a multiplayer game.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Played a good chunk of the campaign tonight and noticed that my character doesn't cast shadows. I'm on PC at max settings with RTX on. Is this a bug, or is that the way it is? Not really a big deal either way.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Starting to love the 725 - Hammer. First game of the morning, I'm even slightly hungover from the cheese-and-wine night I had with the GF last night, and I go 17-3 with relative ease.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The TTK works for me. If you're caught out in the open, within the ideal range for the enemies weapon, you go down quick.

But if you maintain the correct distance for you weapon and use cover (considering that the weapon mounting system isn't a attachment the designers clearly think it's important) the TTK doesn't feel low to me.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Why why WHY do my character's random voice lines actually play out server-wide?!

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have your character randomly reveal your location when reloading or planting claymores or even just seeing enemies? This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in a multiplayer game.
You are telling me "real" soldiers don't scream out there location. Come on, this is as the most real COD...

Oct 27, 2017

The worst one is when your character says "contact" and I haven't seen any enemies, where the fuck are they? It annoys me so much haha.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

It seems like it might be to aid visibility, which can be poor at times. They also have the voice announcers calling out areas of the map, or 'They're in the area' when enemies are nearby. So perhaps it's a hint for both players to get ready for combat, even if they don't see the enemy.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like it might be to aid visibility, which can be poor at times. They also have the voice announcers calling out areas of the map, or 'They're in the area' when enemies are nearby. So perhaps it's a hint for both players to get ready for combat, even if they don't see the enemy.

I get what they're going for and it's neat in theory, but when I'm alone, my character should definitely shut the hell up

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah that shit has gotten me killed too, learned pretty quickly that it's not just you and your team that hears those lines LOL. Ty killcam