• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
What can I do to not match make with PC players with a mouse? I'm on Xbox, and I'll see the PC monitor with a mouse icon...

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Euphrates Bridge is a really really shitty map, might even be of the worst map i've ever played in a video game.

Seriously what did cross their mind to pull out this bullshit ?

The maps in general are bad in this CoD, but this one is a particular case of what should never be done in a multiplayer game. The respawn are fucked up, you can't play the game the way you like because that is a fucking sniper's nest and the map consist in 1 bridge and 2 fucking opens.

With time, this CoD might join Ghost in my personnal ranking of the worst COD games because of this shit.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love everything about this game. Haven't tried Spec Ops yet though.

The map complaints are expected, but I don't have a problem with the ones I've played so far. I mean, can you really think of any multiplayer games where people actively praised the maps within days after release? It's either hatred or ambivalence at first. You need time to get used to them to form a true opinion (even if that's eventually disliking them). Plus I don't think there's anything as bad as Interchange from MW3 in this one.

I'm also glad they didn't include any remade maps at launch, because those would've instantly become the favorites and made people dislike and avoid the new ones even more.

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love everything about this game. Haven't tried Spec Ops yet though.

The map complaints are expected, but I don't have a problem with the ones I've played so far. I mean, can you really think of any multiplayer games where people actively praised the maps within days after release? It's either hatred or ambivalence at first. You need time to get used to them to form a true opinion (even if that's eventually disliking them). Plus I don't think there's anything as bad as Interchange from MW3 in this one.
And I must be in the minority or somethin', because I'm really loving the maps so far.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay is input based. The KB+M advantage is largely overstated in this game. Controller users more than held their own against KB+M users in internal tests.

It's supposed to be. My guess is that if a PC player joins a console player's party, they join the console pool for matchmaking (and vice-versa).

You are correct.

Last edited:

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone using a DS4 on PC? Controller is not detected for me and input device is greyed out in Options, so I literally can't play the game right now (it's an HTPC). Using the official dongle.

I tried DS4Windows so now it detects *a* controller but doesn't actually work (yes I enabled gamepad in settings).. sigh...

edit: playing through Steam overlay and that works fine... lul

Last edited:

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I think the problem with the maps is that it only allows for one/two styles of play which is... camp? Because honestly, in any mode except team deathmatch the footsteps are so loud you can basically pre-fire before someone even crosses the corner.
Dead silence is a joke (you can still hear everything) and crouching is like you are carrying a body behind you.

I appreciate that they tried to make all the "camp spots" easy to circumvent but it becomes SO easy to guard a spot. Heck, do a double claymore build and you have an automatic 5 kill killstreak most probably and then from there you just roll.

Oct 26, 2017
Tonight is my first night playing. 4 matches. Maybe 5? I've finished with most kills in each one I've played except 1, and I haven't camped at all. Camp is a viable strategy for someone who wants kill streaks, but I don't think it gets you a win.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If people had dead silence all the time we could actually move around the map. Since it's this cooldown thing the advantage is to the campers because they're just sitting in a corner and can hear you loud ass footsteps coming.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Anyone have tips for Spec Ops? I keep trying to play (with randoms, admittedly) and getting my ass handed to me.
You can do some cheese to make spec ops more bearable; like having one person sit back in relative safety to have them act as a spawn beacon. It gets easier as you unlock perks and the like, like scavenger etc, but the way it is now should be toned down just a wee bit. Having two difficulties to select would be nice.

Tonight is my first night playing. 4 matches. Maybe 5? I've finished with most kills in each one I've played except 1, and I haven't camped at all. Camp is a viable strategy for someone who wants kill streaks, but I don't think it gets you a win.
I've noticed this as well for headquarters. People farming kills and not fighting the objective. My team was basically negative k/d wise but we won with double the points because of holding hq's.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is my first call of duty ever and coming from the shitfest that is called battlefield V im really enjoying it. Plays a lot like a good battlefield 3 or 4 copy but with newer graphics.

I like the big 64 player mode aswell as team death match.

Im having fun and that is all that matters to me.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Was this posted here yet?

MW-TWITCHDROP-03.jpg
I generally don't watch streamers but I'll put one on in the background for the hell of it. The weapon charm is cute.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is really a shame that Activision gutted Sledgehammer. Their two games are the only CODs I really enjoyed this generation.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MP is really disappointing. Bridge and Palace maps are truly atrocious. Same shit happens every time in Piccadilly also: enemy squad gets pushed to the back of Main Street and the match becomes a snooze fest. What's up with getting 1hk by a shotgun bodyshot when the enemy is fucking miles away from me?

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, I absolute love Karst Quarry on ground war

The other one in the city feels like it's too much of a battlefield spacing - too much ground to cover - it's still fun but Quarry is the delicious chaos that COD excels at

I think some of the map and camping complaints will subside once people get a feel for everything - this multiplayer is starting to grow on me

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This cross play thing is a little weird.

I leveled up from 0 - 14 and I didn't play against a single XBOX player the entire time?

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do challenges work? Can I do multiple at a time or do I have to select one?

I'm confused. I am not getting any progress for the kills with shotguns or play public matches challenges, but I'm getting progress for the kill streak one.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, not a fan of the game so far.

I really don't like that seemingly the only 6v6 mode is a one-life objective based game. I have played probably 8-9 matches and have played on a grand total of two maps. The way it plays is just so wildly different than past Call of Duty games that honestly I'm struggling to go with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking the maps so far. They're not all perfect, but I was so sick of 3 lanes that I would've been happy with literally anything different. I think a lot of the complaints are coming from people who just want to run like a mad man through the maps, which has become the default strategy in recent CoD's and I couldn't be happier with the change myself.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, not a fan of the game so far.

I really don't like that seemingly the only 6v6 mode is a one-life objective based game. I have played probably 8-9 matches and have played on a grand total of two maps. The way it plays is just so wildly different than past Call of Duty games that honestly I'm struggling to go with it.

It takes some getting used to. It's a weird mix of lite-Battlefield and COD together. There are some maps that are just you running to get to a fight. Take it slow though. Run and gun gets you mostly dead.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm doing a lot better at this than recent cods, probably because I played a lot of battlefield 3 and 4 so I just play the game like that

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering about this as well. I'm not sure what that little skinny icon/symbol is showing for PC players either. There's also an icon/symbol that might be a keyboard?

That's PC.

The game is fantastic. I haven't leveled up that fast in a COD game this generation. But yeah, I think Acti and Sony pulled a fast one here because I was excited to play against some XBOX guys and despite scrolling through the players in each match I never came across a single XBOX guy.

Maybe Sony has some behind the scenes stipulations about the process?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering about this as well. I'm not sure what that little skinny icon/symbol is showing for PC players either. There's also an icon/symbol that might be a keyboard?

I think there's only an icon for a controller or a keyboard. They aren't allowed to use symbols for the platforms.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of some streamers who are eligible for this? Would like to get some of the freebies.
As long as their page shows "Drops Enabled" they should count. I don't know of a way to filter by that but I'm guessing most of the top ones do. I just have Nickmercs on since he was on the front page.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
I feel like this game needs better smoke grenades. They aren't tall enough and their duration is way too short. You often have to wait for them to reach full effectiveness before you can safely proceed, at which point there's like 2 seconds left before they dissipate.

You only get one (more on a long cooldown if you have the ammo box ability) and most of the time you need to use it just to cross an open area safely, and you're left stuck without one for the objectives. Gimme two smokes per spawn or something.

Euphrates Bridge is a really really shitty map, might even be of the worst map i've ever played in a video game.

After 40 games this map finally came up for me and it was just awful.

I think a really important feature in a control game mode is the ability to backdoor points somehow. My experience in domination so far has been often getting boxed in. The maps just don't support the game type very well, especially at 10v10.

My perspective is from a solo player. I'm sure if I was coordinating with a few folks we could find some creative solutions. Involving smoke grenades (I'm sorry I just really like smoke grenades).

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So do launchers only get XP from killing players? In past games you could level them up by killing score streaks, which made sense cause who the hell uses launchers often enough on players to level them up? That seems silly. I've killed dozens of streaks and had zero progress, but I killed one player and was bumped up to about 20%.