• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I made a sarcastic thread in the past about Infinity Ward being the best candidate for making a COP themed COD.

You can tell from parts of the game that they really want to make a COP themed COD.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't think I've ever soured this quickly on a COD before.
10v10 was a mistake.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
So i finished campaign. Mission design is cool, but the story and characters are so stupid, i just can't. 7/10. Infinite Warfare was miles better.
Did you like the part where
They start the mission with air support and an IFV but still have to rendezvous with Nikolai because they didn't have explosives

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where the fuck is the supposed third Ground War map? I've only encountered Karst and that city block with the stadium in the background. There was supposed to be a third.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you level up your launchers by getting kills and not taking out streaks.... ok then

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So you level up your launchers by getting kills and not taking out streaks.... ok then

They said they will be changing that.

Did you like the part where
They start the mission with air support and an IFV but still have to rendezvous with Nikolai because they didn't have explosives

I don't really see how that is a problem. With Nikolai having them they don't need to worry about them being destroyed along the way as they siege the entrance.

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
They said they will be changing that.

I don't really see how that is a problem. With Nikolai having them they don't need to worry about them being destroyed along the way as they siege the entrance.
They're showing up to a vital mission without a means to complete it.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So did Alex sacrifice himself? What was the point of that? There should be a whole ton of options to blow up the factory while escaping. There wasn't a time urgency issue either.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Kar98k feels like a fucking beast, the feedback and sounds on these weapons man, so good.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Where the fuck is the supposed third Ground War map? I've only encountered Karst and that city block with the stadium in the background. There was supposed to be a third.
Supposedly, according to leakers, infinity ward has a ton of content done but refused to release it on launch day. Things like 20v20, party modes, a third ground war map called Donetsk Farm, at least 4 more spec ops missions, PvPvE modes, and even a BR mode are finished or very close to being finished. Everything will likely trickle out over the next couple months

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
So did Alex sacrifice himself? What was the point of that? There should be a whole ton of options to blow up the factory while escaping. There wasn't a time urgency issue either.

Yeah I thought that was weird. He was like, "Detonator's broken, guess I'll kill myself," and Farah's response is basically, "Alright cool bye." When it's like... you could have waited a bit, man. I'm sure there are some more detonators somewhere nearby. Then he sacrifices himself and no one really reacts. Thanks bro.

Oct 25, 2017
COD feels super weird after not playing for quite a long time. There is so much pseudo awareness in the game. Foot steps are loud as fuck. So many UAVs, etc.. And ghost is deep in leveling tbf, not very deep, but yeah feels deep to me.

The progression is kinda cool because there is so much to unlock. But maybe too much to unlock a specific thing you want to use.

In the meantime, I am using the ghost prebuild loadout beause it has... ghost perk plus even the cold blooded. Field upgrades are kinda neat though, at least dead silence is not a perk.

I also would have liked to see TTK longer, but I knew going into this it was gonna be COD.

Oh, and the whole peak nonsense where you have to click to attach yourself and then click again to detach is a poor replacement for peaking. At least let us just move away from cover without having to click to detach.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

As for responding to it:

The longer they stayed the higher chance the main Russian army would come and they didn't want to stay for that. As for the detonator itself it was clearly some device that worked on a wireless signal to send to each bomb. So it's not like something they could throw together before more forces arrived. And while Russia did disavow Barkov, if they had arrived and saw US and British forces on scene, they could have used it as justification for WWIII.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
First coop map atleast is clearly a BattleRoyale map. Just tons of basic simple buildings that are all empty :P glitches out too, can't activate the car lift at all

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty crappy that when a game ends I can't just back out of the lobby right away.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they add the night playlist soon. Really want to try those maps.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign and really liked it. Glad it wasn't over the top stupid like MW2. This is actually my favorite CoD since CoD4, it's not such a cluster fuck like MW2 onwards. I do wish the maps were a bit better, but if we get some remakes that'll help a lot. The only map I really dislike is Piccadilly, I'm giving Euphrates a few more plays before I decide if it's bad or not.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I am in absolute awe of the audio mixing in this game. Really making my Atmos system work on the studio reference setting. Unfortunately, I won't get to play it that way much since my wife hates sound!

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to Nikolai, I must've missed it but:

What was the significance of the note Nikolai left behind when the cops captured the butcher?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to get some games in, feel free to add me: Espanajeff. That's my Xbox/Activision name.

I usually play Hardcore TDM/Dom but have no problems jumping into some Core.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
That one farm map is too damn big for domination. Feels like half a mile between points A and B.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason my weapon camos aren't unlocking? The progress bar is off the screen...