• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Tons of redditors complaining hard about this game:

-Map design being too cluttered

-Slow gameplay (some are asking for jump shots and super slides)

-Footstep precision and dead silence not being a perk

-Killstreaks

Im not having major issues and think the community needs time to understand the game. I hate to think they'd revert changes like sliding to please the BO-styled fans. But I think IW have made bone headed decisions like no scorestreaks as a default option, and maps like Euphrates are so obviously bad that i Dont know how they could have come up with it

Footsteps may need to be toned down or crouching needs to be more silent. Everyone will run dead silence to not get pre-aimed. I am fine with the maps and think theyll require some time to learn but maybe im wrong

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
HQ absolutely blows with these giant maps.
It's not great. I had a game on that mansion map yesterday and the enemies capped the first point so we killed them and disabled it, then the second point spawned five miles away and the game also decided to spawn the whole enemy team on it, so they capped it we killed them, disabled it, the all of them spawned on the opposite end of the map with the new point. We didn't even really have a chance to try and cap the points because we physically couldn't move fast enough.

so all the maps are butt?
Nah, I just don't like the really big ones like the bridge or that green mountain village(?) because one side has a very clear advantage at the start and because their size doesn't allow the proximity spawn to kick off properly so the spawns will basically never flip.

Last edited:

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played the game, but judging by the footage and complaints, this isn't Modern Warfare. They made a sequel to Ghosts....which also had huge nonsensical maps and punushed players for rushing.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It's not great. I had a game on that mansion map yesterday and the enemies capped the first point so we killed them and disabled it, then the second point spawned five miles away and the game also decided to spawn the whole enemy team on it, so they capped it we killed them, disabled it, the all of them spawned on the opposite end of the map with the new point. We didn't even really have a chance to try and cap the points because we physically couldn't move fast enough.

That's more or less what has been happening. It tends to favor those that die prior to the been HQ.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
So is or will there be a TDM mode like with MW1 & MW2? I was hoping for a mode where you could simply rotate maps and work towards killstreaks like with the original. Ground war is a mess, cyber has too few players and the rounds end to quick. The rest of the modes are even worse.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
User Warned: Inappropriate language
Just went 25-3 on Euphrates Bridge in Domination because spawn-rape via Chopper Gunner is so extremely easy. I see, the balancing against spawnraping is completely gone.

This will be "fun" once player skills are leveled enough in the long run...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
So is or will there be a TDM mode like with MW1 & MW2? I was hoping for a mode where you could simply rotate maps and work towards killstreaks like with the original. Ground war is a mess, cyber has too few players and the rounds end to quick. The rest of the modes are even worse.
You can filter which modes you want to play in Quick Play.

Dec 8, 2017
TDM is no fun. Large maps, low TTK, and small amount of players just don't mix.

Going to stick with gunfight 2v2 for now.

Last edited:

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
When playing the normal sized playlists (TDM, HQ, etc) does anyone feel that the map count is too low? I really think they needed more maps for those game modes at launch. I don't care for 2v2 (got boring fast) and ground war is a hilarious mess. That leaves me with a handful of maps to play in the regular modes (so far all of which are bad)

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Jesus the Xbox disc had like 12GB of data on it, then it downloaded like 5 "packs" and then a 70 gig patch. And that didn't even include Spec Ops mode. LMAO. Took 2 hours total on my 250mbps line.

After all of that my first three games were in Piccadilly Circus. God I hate this map.
All of the packs are on the disc. They just break it up so you can prioritize the install. The patch was huge though.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
When playing the normal sized playlists (TDM, HQ, etc) does anyone feel that the map count is too low? I really think they needed more maps for those game modes at launch. I don't care for 2v2 (got boring fast) and ground war is a hilarious mess. That leaves me with a handful of maps to play in the regular modes (so far all of which are bad)
Yes. Which is a shame, because the core game is good. The game needs at least like 4 more maps for the rotation.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The UAV spam in this game is insane, i'm literally counting down the levels till I can unlock ghost and be free from the bs.

Yeah, Ghost is a game changer. I died countless times to players just ADS an angle waiting for you to run up because spam is always up. Now I can move around the map more freely.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
man, the campaign was good but the mp and especially spec ops left me feeling pretty mixed

i feel like the spec ops mode as it currently exists is just a placeholder or something, it feels unfinished and nothing about it remidns me of the actual spec ops mode from before.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
As someone who hasn't really enjoyed the multiplayer in the last few cods, I'm loving this so far.
This is exactly how I feel. I actively disliked the past few MP. This feels like they stripped out all of the clutter I didn't like, and brought it back to MW1/MW2 style. Even stuff like the powerful shotguns. I'm really liking it, but it is sure going to be divisive.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any reported issues with this game on One x systems? I paused the campaign for a couple minutes and it came back frozen and fully shut down my Xbox...

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even with a couple stinkers I'm still very glad three lane map design is mostly gone, I hated that with a passion.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man the lack of maps and the pretty horrible map design really is a bummer with how fun the game is to play.

I can't stand Euphrates Bridge and Picadilly. Just too many lanes, too many windows overlooking huge areas to snipe from. Moving around the map without a UAV up is basically suicide. The maps designs heavily favor camping or hiding in corners inside doors (it's hard to see into a door because of the lighting differences). It's just an odd design choice. I never thought I'd say this but I miss WW2's 3 lane map designs.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Me throughout the entire final cutscene ^^

Absolutely adored the campaign, can't believe it's another 3 years until we might see a sequel. The multiplayer is very hit and miss, and I echo everyone elses complaints. Maps too big, player count too low, just not a fun overall experience online at all.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
man, the campaign was good but the mp and especially spec ops left me feeling pretty mixed

i feel like the spec ops mode as it currently exists is just a placeholder or something, it feels unfinished and nothing about it remidns me of the actual spec ops mode from before.
I believe they've said that they're going to be adding more missions throughout the year, some being "classic" in the vein of MW2

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
This multiplayer will again be unbalanced with base consoles , enhanced consoles and PC. Visibility (not that bad this time), TTK and Large maps aaaand controller or M+KB.

Im having a Deja-vu.....

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How can I turn off PC with crossplay? I had it enabled for two games but I joined a game with 10 players playing on PC and i'm just not good enough for that (I'm playing on Xbox). All I see is a simple enable/disable option.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Piccadilly and Euphrates Bridge are total garbage, for sure. Genuinely shit. The Bridge map was solid for the sniper challenge, but now that I'm done with that, I'll just quit every single time the game puts me in one of those.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the maps are just too big. I don't play CoD to have to run for 20-30 seconds back to the action after I die. That's why I don't play Battlefield.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished the campaign. Maybe my fave since BLOPS2 . Can't wait to spend the rest of the day playing MP after gym.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pretty out of the loop. Is there no continuation of the Battle Royal mode or is that still just a Black Ops 4 thing?

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the campaign. Yup, it's COD, red jelly and all. Not bad, it's comfortable like a marvel flick. Just nothing new really so far.