• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
IDK if this was addressed or not but are bots available to setup in all MP modes? Sometimes I just wanna chill 'offline' in a huge map with bots instead of slog through an hour of getting headshotted at the spawn point

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally home and downloading the game! Should be ready within a couple of hours. Gonna kill some time with CoD Mobile til then.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone managed to level up the PILA? I've shot dozens of UAVs and personal radars but only got 250xp.

Possibly only counts if shoot down helos and such.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Enjoyed the campaign, wouldn't say there was anything that stuck out about it but was enjoyable and I really loved the ending.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
How are we feeling about the multiplayer? I don't have any interest in the campaign, but I haven't played a Call of Duty game in years.
I wanna know this too. Don't really give a shit about singleplayer tbh. I don't have a ton of time to game right now (got a 3 month old kid, barely sleeps haha), but I'm itching to jump back into a solid COD MP game. COD Mobile has been whetting my appetite for the time being.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I like the guns, sounds and the campaign but these huge maps with buildings everywhere for people to camp in just might ruin the MP for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, spec ops is ass. They really thought this shit was a good idea. This game wasn't ready to ship or well thought out. Better pray for next years game.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i fist pumped when they said Simon Riley.

i so need MW2 to happen now. Ghost is my favourite character from the franchise

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a the top of the scoreboard three games in a row by repeating 'Modern Warfare is first-person cover based shooter' in my head throughout the match.

Try it out if you're struggling.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna know this too. Don't really give a shit about singleplayer tbh. I don't have a ton of time to game right now (got a 3 month old kid, barely sleeps haha), but I'm itching to jump back into a solid COD MP game. COD Mobile has been whetting my appetite for the time being.
Gun play is great. It's just the maps are trash. They are mostly urban city block with shit loads of windows and alleyways to get shot from. Add in sound hoarding and making dead silence almost useless, leads to corner campers everywhere. Forget about chasing people down. I can count countless times they heard me following, turn a corner, sit and shoot me as I try to follow.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I've finished the campaign, on realism no less, and I'm noticing none of my operators that require campaign mission completions are unlocked?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between seeing a controller paired with a monitor vs the PC tower?
From what I remember from the beta, if you're on a console and see a monitor, that means it's someone on the other console. So if you're on PS4 and see someone with that icon, they're on Xbox, and vice-versa. Playing on PC shows Xbox and PlayStation icons though.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
From what I remember from the beta, if you're on a console and see a monitor, that means it's someone on the other console. So if you're on PS4 and see someone with that icon, they're on Xbox, and vice-versa. Playing on PC shows Xbox and PlayStation icons though.

Ah, okay. I was expecting to see the Xbox logo instead of the PS logo. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any Xbox users. lol

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Man the single player on this game is amazing!!
I'm playing on ps4 pro and it runs to perfection. The graphics look insane for a 60fps game. Wow, you can tell some naughty dog devs worked on this game for sure. The transitions in and out of cutscenes are sooooo good! Wow, best COD campaign i have played in years!!

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Euphrates may be the worst maps in the history of shooters. I mean seriously, having a giant sniping bridge that completely overlooks the spawn so you can't even move?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not saying shit. "internet required".... Okay.

And PSN is slow as hell.

I'm still fucking furious.

I mean almost every game released requires a download day one now, it's not like CoD went out of their way to deceive you with just their game....

Also the PSN is by no means super fast, but I downloaded the entire damn game in like an hour so it's not that slow. Is your wifi connection not great? Try running a cable.

I've finished the campaign, on realism no less, and I'm noticing none of my operators that require campaign mission completions are unlocked?

Anyone else have this happen? I was gonna start the campaign but not if this bug is happening.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Tried Ground War. Honestly Battlefield does conquest 64 people sooo much better, on whole another level.

But for everything else new COD is great, i like it

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
How big is the Ground War patch on Xbox? I just got promoted to download a 1.9GB patch, but I don't think that's the Ground War patch...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
21GB left to download on PC. So close, yet so far. :(

Oct 26, 2017
THAT ENDING LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO

Campaign was alright, didn't have too many stand out moments, was hoping they'd break away from the CoD formula a bit more especially with story telling. Really kicked my ass at times on Realism though. Still was a good time, but Infinite Warfare's campaign had better story telling and characters so it was a slight step down overall.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions of Spec Ops yet? Haven't seen many people talk about it.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
After an insane amount of updates finally getting to check out the Campaign, and I am automatically reminded why I enjoy COD campaigns. They are the Michael Bay Video Game equivalent. Just over the top madness. Have to give credit where credit is due. They are silly machismo, but totally fucking entertaining.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Are you kidding me? Just got kicked out of my campaign mid mission instantly because I lost connection to Blizzard servers. This always online crap is garbage

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're going to have a hard time if you keep running around like a headless chicken. This game requires a much more slow paced tactical approach. Look at your surroundings, listen, and don't make any false moves without thinking it first or you'll be dead 90% of the time.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Any PC folks want to team up and do some games together? Is there a Discord or anything that can be used?

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Fuck that Tarkovsky map or whatever it's called. Half the players on roofs sniping, it's poor.
Snipe em back, they'll stop real quick if you're pretty decent with the sniper.I did that yesterday and it helped out. Guys were camping on the bridge and hanging all the way in the back and I started sniping which dwindled down the amount of snipers since half of them are trash anyways and my guess is they got mad they kept getting taken out.