• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They did not lie about making the size of environments more realistic. Clearing the house during the one mission felt claustrophobic as fuck. Though I wonder if that is made lesser if you have a larger fov.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time to do the campaign and enjoy the eye-candy, then drop it all down to potato graphics for the multiplayer.

At least i'll get like 5 hours of nice visuals ;_;

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
What is the armory? I randomly was able to equip a legendary m4 and a pistol. Both are decked out with all attachments ...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The line at my best buy was surprisingly small for COD standards, the last COD I bought was Infinite Warfare and even with its reception it had a pretty long line. But that was in 2016 so maybe more people have jumped into the digital age 3 years later XD

Welp time to play some Outer Worlds on XB1 while this 150gb beast installs on PS4.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of embarrassing that the last several COD games completely kill basic UI functionality of the PS4 Pro, when in a campaign - pressing the PS button to bring up the XMB seems to almost kill the PS4.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Having a terrible time with the spec ops mode so far. Enemies constantly spawning behind and in every single direction. Constant grenades. Compass is terrible for situational awareness.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got in. Game is absolutely beautiful.

Runs at 57-60fps solid so far on my 2080ti FTW3 Ultra. That said, getting crazy stuttering and hang ups in cutscenes...

wondering if it's my CPU Which is still just my i73770k or possibly the hard drive?

makes the cutscenes almost unwatchable.

But god damn this campaign is beautiful. RTX on at 4K60 with a game pad and comfy couch setup, headphones, and a 65" curved 4K.

gaming bliss aside from the cutscene issue. Anyone having a similar experience?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017

Runs at 57-60fps solid so far on my 2080ti FTW3 Ultra. That said, getting crazy stuttering and hang ups in cutscenes...

wondering if it's my CPU Which is still just my i73770k or possibly the hard drive?

But god damn this campaign is beautiful. RTX on at 4K60 with a game pad and comfy couch setup, headphones, and a 65" curved 4K.

Came to post similar. Had a desync graphics sound and low framerate on a cutscene.

2070 Super at 4K and RTX on with resolution scale at 85%, getting around 50-60 fps aside from that weird stuttering cutscene issue.

Fantastic campaign so far.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Came to post similar. Had a desync graphics sound and low framerate on a cutscene.

2070 Super at 4K and RTX on with resolution scale at 85%, getting around 50-60 fps aside from that weird stuttering cutscene issue.

Fantastic campaign so far.

Interesting, I quit to main menus and reloaded, (to afraid to quit completely yet).

Now cutscenes are running perfectly smooth at 60.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017

It's not your cpu. I'm having cutscene stuttering on a 9900k with a 2080ti.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I'm guessing the screen tearing is still a thing for the Xbox One X. It's that one dealbreaker for me when it comes to games. No excuse for it to be present on that hardware.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Is that workaround from the beta where players could plug in a gamepad but still use the m+kb still in the full game? Some of this aiming I'm seeing from supposed controller players is real suspect.

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So far on PC the multiplayer is just horrible for me performance wise. Getting huge lag spikes out of nowhere, stuttering, weird issues. I'll chalk it up to it being launch night. Running a 9700k & 2080 with almost gigabit internet. This should not be happening.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, well I guess I now know what to expect when getting home today. :D

Its actually worse. That does not include the multiplayer data packs etc

On the Xbox One, you can expect the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare download to be 120GB in size if you buy digitally. If you buy the game on disk, you will need to install 87GB of downloads before you can play.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The multiplayer daily missions are broke. I unlocked 50 kills no problem but 5 kills without dying and domination wins aren't tracking.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Holy shit hit a weird as graphics glitch with the lights going full bloom crazy. No idea why that happened when it was working perfectly before.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I like physical copies and was 1 of 4 at the Best Buy early launch event. So much for playing tonight with the 80gb+ download :(

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Is anyone just getting straight merked in multiplayer? I have always been a 2.00 KD or higher in all COD's and FPS's in general. I am getting my ass fucking handed to me. Netcode still seems screwed...on the bright side the campaign is incredible so far.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
It's not your cpu. I'm having cutscene stuttering on a 9900k with a 2080ti.

Interesting note though, when I turned on CPU and GPU times in the in game menus, the CPU time goes from 4-6ms, to 20-100+ when the scenes stutter. Something is going on, maybe the video codec?
Also weird it seems to not happen once the cutscene has played once. Which is kinda of annoying for a first play through..