• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
5 hours is perfect length imo, mw2 i beat like in 4-5 hours in one sitting, and it was awesome.

not awesome was bo3, which was like 10 hours but felt like 10 years

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
At the absolute worst im at least really looking forward to jumping into Ground War with a sniper.
I haven't used a sniper beyond a match or two(obviously besides MWR) since MW2 which was the last COD game I felt had maps where snipers were legitimate and not a forced thing.
Snipers are in such a sad state currently in the franchise i'd even welcome an extreme like Wasteland back.
One of the reasons Overgrown will always remain my favorite Call of Duty map, literal perfection for snipers and yet every other playstyle works just as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, please do not post this as if it doesn't happen I'll be very mad at you haha! Amazing!

You think that would hurt you should see what my brain was picturing for the BR map.
You start your map with
20170403191252_1.jpg

20170403192637_1.jpg

As the base "theme"
The original map was already huge, start with it add collision to the buildings outside the map and expand it from there

with

latest

Integrated

s y

Nov 8, 2017
you can choose what to download first between the campaign/specops/multi? fucking sweet

and it unlocks at 9pm tomorrow? Other Devs take notes.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
5-10 hrs is fine. Anything more than that unless it's some amazing story is too much for this style of game.

Most buy this for the multiplayer anyways. A good campaign is just a bonus.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Advanced Warfare is the only one that lasted me more than about 8 hours (on Veteran) since it had some neat optional missions and stuff. A good 8 hours with some mission replays to wrap up achievements/collectibles is perfect for me. Can't wait for 6pm tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Man one thing already bugging me is the operator uniform design that also annoyed the hell out of me in Siege, the majority of them are dang two-toned.
everyone looks like this
latest

Even the alts keep that look.
5DSZfnH.png
04xEtg2.png

TsAwRAO.png
B7cm2JD.png

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Syd.jpg

ugh.

There are only like 2 solids in atm and they are premium skins

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Is it wrong of me, playing on PC, to be excited using a controller because cross play is awesome? I want all my games in the future to have cross play.

Right there with you. I heavily prefer m+kb for FPS games typically, but the difference between controller and m+kb lobbies for this game was frigging night and day in the beta. Controller lobbies were actually fun and relaxing! CoD hasn't been that for me since, well, I started playing my MP games solely on PC.

Last edited:

ahbs22

Sep 20, 2019
Great OT
Man one thing already bugging me is the operator uniform design that also annoyed the hell out of me in Siege, the majority of them are dang two-toned.
everyone looks like this
latest

Even the alts keep that look.
5DSZfnH.png
04xEtg2.png

TsAwRAO.png
B7cm2JD.png

Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Syd.jpg

ugh.

There are only like 2 solids in atm and they are premium skins
she looks like a lifeline from the apex legends!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Xbox for New Zealand the game says it unlocks at 1pm on the 24th, so in theory it should be unlocked, but it isn't. Seems like all versions might be aligned after all.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I'm surprised so many are jumping on the campaign as the first thing. COD campaigns are more popular than I thought?

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Been watching a dude play the campaign and it actually looks good. I'm down for it, he said he beat it in 5 hours on the first run. Sounds perfect.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Is the new gun customization system the deepest ever?

The deepest that Call of Duty has ever wrangled with. Would be cool to be able to customize beyond the 5 attachment limit for Spec Ops/Campaign though, just to see how far you can go in transforming a weapon. I get that it's there in multiplayer for some semblance of balance, but that should hardly matter in PVE.

Then again, maybe you can. I'm foggy on the details of either mode.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
On Xbox for New Zealand the game says it unlocks at 1pm on the 24th, so in theory it should be unlocked, but it isn't. Seems like all versions might be aligned after all.
The game will unlock based on the timing of the region you purchased it in. If you purchased in New Zealand then it'll unlock at that time.

The Game Pass region trick doesn't apply to normal purchases.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game will unlock based on the timing of the region you purchased it in. If you purchased in New Zealand then it'll unlock at that time.

The Game Pass region trick doesn't apply to normal purchases.

Must be a recent thing because I always used that trick with a lot of games in the past. Pretty sure I did it with Infinite Warfare among others.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised so many are jumping on the campaign as the first thing. COD campaigns are more popular than I thought?

Modern Warfare 1-2 have some of the most revered campaigns in gaming. And Call of Duty-1/2 were enjoyed almost exclusively for they're amazing campaigns.

Also, Infinite Ware had an absolutely stunning campaign, which I personally thought was better than the still stellar Titanfall 2 campaign.

hoping that this game will be mentioned among these greats in the future. Fingers crossed.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Well the main appeal is the multiplayer. I prefer to play the campaign first since it's the shortest thing out there (~6hrs) and let's me focus solely on MP afterwards (x hours)

Also this Cod seems to share xp between all modes.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take on Xbox after the beta and blurriness of PS4 pro. But with cross play can I play with ps friends? Or it's just random cross play

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching some single-player and I think influencers overhyped the shock factor.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'll take on Xbox after the beta and blurriness of PS4 pro. But with cross play can I play with ps friends? Or it's just random cross play

you create an activision account and you and your friends can add each to your friend lists in game to be able to see when you're online and party up.

it's basically like other games that offer crossplay.