• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What mode are you going to play first?

• Campaign

Votes: 1,203 62.2%
  • Special Ops

Votes: 31 1.6%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 699 36.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seems like this is a Playstation decision and not a Russian government decision, especially since the Russian government has shown no resistance to the Xbox One and PC version. Odd move by PS.
Wouldn't surprise me that they did it to avoid any sort of backlash and damage to their brand tho. I'm sure PlayStation Russia are aware of the kinds of things that Infinity Ward have been keeping under wraps as far as the campaign is concerned, like the way Russian soldiers are portrayed as monsters (IW removed this but there's a part where a Russian soldier ponders handing over a captured young girl to his commanding officer implying rape/pedophillia).

That's just really a taste of things to come and I don't think PlayStation are looking to get yeeted out of the market any time soon lol.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Looking back at all the cod's released this gen, this is going to be the best one. I can feel it!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely interested in this officer seasonal rank system and how it replaces prestige. I'm glad prestige is gone though. Was never a fan of resetting your unlocks.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Thursday! I haven't been hyped for a Call of Duty for a few years, even though I've played them all. I took Friday off so i'm going to binge from Thursday night till the end of the weekend.

Starting off with multiplayer with a couple friends, but hopefully i'll get enough time alone to do the campaign this weekend.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Wouldn't surprise me that they did it to avoid any sort of backlash and damage to their brand tho. I'm sure PlayStation Russia are aware of the kinds of things that Infinity Ward have been keeping under wraps as far as the campaign is concerned, like the way Russian soldiers are portrayed as monsters (IW removed this but there's a part where a Russian soldier ponders handing over a captured young girl to his commanding officer implying rape/pedophillia).

That's just really a taste of things to come and I don't think PlayStation are looking to get yeeted out of the market any time soon lol.

Honestly, it seems like a situation where by PS blocking it, they put more light on a potential controversy.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017

I thought that the terrorist enemies come from fictionalized countries and the Russians would be partners. I'm confused. I guess I'll have to wait to play the campaign to find out more.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...rn-warfare-middle-eastern-country-farah-karim

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I thought that the terrorist enemies come from fictionalized countries and the Russians would be partners. I'm confused. I guess I'll have to wait to play the campaign to find out more.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...rn-warfare-middle-eastern-country-farah-karim
The terrorists (Al-Qatala) are from the country of Urzikstan which yeah is fictional, but the Russians aren't. They're under the command of one General Roman Barkov who's been described as a barbaric rogue general similar to Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now and are in Urzikstan to get rid of Al-Qatala's presence.

Thing is they're using chemical weapons against the civilian population so it seems the game is dead set in portraying the atrocities from Barkov's forces.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Informative post from Laziness about PS Russia refusing sales of the game.

Greetings from Russia everyone! Long read ahead, and it might be a bit too much, but I really want to dig into details of this situation and give you all the timeline of the events, idk, maybe someone will be intrested in this . Oh, and pardon me in advance for my poor english, but I'll try my best.

On September 12th, prior to the start of the closed beta, Russian ps store stopped taking pre-orders for the game, later that day we've learned that the beta won't start either. On September 14th the game was completely removed from ps store and people started getting refunds for the pre-orders.

In order to find out at least some information, people began to write to Sony, but this did not produce any results: Sony told us to contact Activision, Activision told us to contact Sony, that's literally it. No one gave full-fledged comments, however, it's not difficult to find the reason for all this BS - shortly after announcement, the game was smashed to pieces by some of the Russian media, calling it " an American propaganda, aimed at undermining the authority of the Russian army" ( this is not a joke).

However, the main fun began further, as Sony Russia began to simply delete all information related to the game: all media posts except the very first one related to the announcement, any (!) comments of ordinary users on Twitter, YouTube, in Russian social networks, containing questions about the status of the game in Russia. The culmination was the last State of Play, presented by Sony Russia with the headline: "see the full episode of State of Play", (full, yeah) from which the whole CoD section was completely removed.

On October 5, a banner with a game suddenly appeared in the Russian PS store, but it was pointless to try to click on it, as there's still no page with the game. It just sagged for more than 48 hours without any comments from Sony and simply disappeared.

And now we are finally here. Just think about it – we've got a legit statement only today… I've never seen a situation in which one regional branch of a large company has taken the product out of sale and is trying to shut up anyone who's trying to ask about it. Are our media and government the cause? Lets be honest – the odds are high, but I have no explanation for the fact that this happening only on one platform tho.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see how taxing the RTX features are on hardware. Hoping I can run everything natively at 1440p and 60fps while still using them on a 2070S, but I'm not too hopeful.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, seems way too much effort into silencing anybody who even dares asking where's the game to think it's not government related. Begs the question how and why Microsoft and Steam are publishing the game though.
Game isn't on Steam, it's on Battle.net (which coincidentally is owned by Activision-Blizzard).

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Still, it's available elsewhere so I wonder if it's related to those two being American companies as opposed to the Japanese Sony.
Yeah, I think it's that, but also I think PlayStation is way larger than Xbox in Russia so they kinda gotta look out for themselves more than Microsoft do. I think most Russian gamers are on PC anyways so it's nice you can still get it over there. Think the physical release for this game has been cancelled though which is crazy as it's the largest launch of the year.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Yeah, seems way too much effort into silencing anybody who even dares asking where's the game to think it's not government related. Begs the question how and why Microsoft and Steam are publishing the game though.

It still makes more sense that it's more PS than it is the government. There has been zero government resistance to the Xbox One and PC version. From everything I've read, it honestly looks like PS Russia watched a Russian news piece on the game, got scared that it was going to get bigger (it didn't), and blocked it. And they made it a bigger story by blocking it than not dong anything at all. Streisand effect in full effect with this move. Xbox is going to make more money and the Russian government doesn't seem to give a shit about PS blocking it. This move was a lose-lose for PS Russia and just weird.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
For sure a good replacement for BFV until a new BF launches next year.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have a breakdown of anything and everything BOT related? Which modes have it, which modes do not, ect.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really curious to see how taxing the RTX features are on hardware. Hoping I can run everything natively at 1440p and 60fps while still using them on a 2070S, but I'm not too hopeful.
I cant imagine its gonna be as taxing as control or metro exodus , RTX wise . COD runs 60fps on consoles . I am sure people with high end specs will be able to play 4k 60fps at ultra or close to it
edit: here are the more informative spec requirements https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2019-system-requirements/

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am so conflicted on whether to start the campaign or multiplayer first...I always play the cod campaigns (minus a few in the past years), and I am looking forward to this game's campaign. But, I need that sweet multiplayer!

I will probably load up a few matches of multiplayer, then start the campaign!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I am so conflicted on whether to start the campaign or multiplayer first...I always play the cod campaigns (minus a few in the past years), and I am looking forward to this game's campaign. But, I need that sweet multiplayer!

I will probably load up a few matches of multiplayer, then start the campaign!
Worth noting that all your unlocks in the campaign transfer to all modes in the game, and vice versa. Your account has a singular experience bar that shared across all game modes. So say you went through the campaign first and finished it, by the time you went into multiplayer, you would have unlocked some gear there too.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I do believe there is offline against bots, as that's what all the leaked gameplay has been of (a combat training mode that you can play while the game installs)

Yeah, I'm having trouble finding any real details and it is a bit frustrating.

TheDudePT

Banned
Oct 3, 2019
Portugal
Pre-ordered after playing the Alpha, my first CoD. (Been a Battlefield player for a decade). The thirst for modern weapons and a somewhat more realist gun shooting model made me cave in.

In for Day 1 on PS4. Campaign first then online when my Elite controller V2 drops. These dudes on PSN are not ready!

Elite and PS4? Is there an adapter that insures 0 lag?

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they took the time to improve the netcode from the beta. It was fine for a work in progress build but far to spotty to ship the game with it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Worth noting that all your unlocks in the campaign transfer to all modes in the game, and vice versa. Your account has a singular experience bar that shared across all game modes. So say you went through the campaign first and finished it, by the time you went into multiplayer, you would have unlocked some gear there too.
That's excellent! I had no idea!

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Can't find the video, must've been removed, but a peek at the emote/spray(ew) wheel

py8oj02ew3u31.jpg

Love the idea of first person emotes tbh, not too intrusive and you can flex on someone before you body them lmaooo

Sprays were a given for battle pass filler

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Leaked bootcamp gameplay - new weapons shown include P90, Kar98K with and without scope, FAL, 1911

Whewwwwww they all look so good