• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Oregon and Washington comrades, let's hold an election to vote in our head of state.

Oct 25, 2017
That would be the dumbest thing in the course of American history. The states with collapse in like a week .

We'll be fine. We can raise a military and keep our tax revenue for ourselves, maybe get a deal with the EU like Norway has...oh yeah, I like it.

We'd have the #4, #29, and #68 GDPs combined into one dope-ass country. We'd be good.

edrS1M6.gif

The rest is behind a paywall: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123051100709638419

Okay so it's happening 10 years later than predicted.

Haha, I forgot about this dumbass map until now. This is the sort of Balkanization map that someone who knew nothing about the U.S. would draw.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine Colorado willingly joining the Midwest and Texas willingly rejoining Mexico? lolololol this thing is ridiculous

Colorado as a state probably wouldn't survive. The front range and west would join the west coast while the plains and the Springs on down would join whoever is the most racist and religious.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Just imagine if all the states joined together to create some sort of nationally coordinated directorship. They could each send some of their money to fund it along with elected representatives to make decisions, with the leader being the person with the highest number of states' picks. Then you would have a body that protects against threats that stretch across state borders.
Oh yeah, reminds me of that failed experiment country just south of the Canadian border. Pretty wild.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
In what fucking universe would Texas EVER allow itself to return to Mexico? And California influenced by China? What the fuck?

LMFAO at Russia getting back Alaska. Reminds me of a crappy Alt-universe fiction I wrote for creative writing back in college...

I assume it's posted in jest but I remember the report being roundly mocked as crude scare-tactics by Russia at the time. The guy basically picked the continents closest to each quarter of the US and went "now kisssssss"

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Massachusetts has joined the 'Six state council'

Together the Western States Pact And Seven State Council represent 40% of the economy.

When will see Michigan and Illinois get something going. 'Great Lakes Accords?'

eb75b983696767a5c9d30c1097879fab373e97e9.jpg

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The Cascadia and New England States should unite on this, in some sort of loose coalition of unified polities.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
That would be the dumbest thing in the course of American history. The states with collapse in like a week .

California has an economy bigger than India. Washington has an economy bigger than Taiwan. Oregon has an economy bigger than the Czech Republic. Each of those states has a fraction of the population of those countries. Of course it's not a feasible idea, but it's not because the states can't sustain themselves.