• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Terrifying footage of a photographer's drive through the heart of the Gamble Fire which has burnt over 1,000 acres in California's Napa County.

Craig Philpott managed to record his journey through the blaze which has destroyed many trees and started to burn parts of the road.

This footage was filmed on August 18.
Source:
www.newsflare.com

Terrifying footage of photographer's journey through heart of wildfire burning in California

Terrifying footage of a photographer's drive through the heart of the Gamble Fire which has burnt over 1,000 acres in California's Napa County. Craig Philpott managed to record his journey through the blaze which has destroyed many trees and started to burn parts of the road. This footage was...

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Ef38X_YUEAEkOdx

Ef1_HKXUwAEISnj

Ef2yYFKWAAADtiE

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could say this is like an obscure or rare thing, but it's not. I have my own pictures like these from a couple of years ago when fires were burning literally across the street. It's some scary shit and simultaneously...almost normal at this point. The temperatures spike and you just kind of wait and see what's going to burn down.

A friend of mine evacuated his house due to a pretty small one just the other day. The ones in NorCal right now are real bad though, hopefully everyone is staying safe.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
California is not sustainable with our new climate change normal. Extreme drought, extreme heat, fires. I'm gonna move out to the PNW and live out the rest of my years somewhere that isn't a literal hell on earth.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Im surprised there is anything left out there after so many fires. :( I live next door and its been unbelievabley hot with little to no rain all summer.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

CA fires 2020 OT

From extreme heat, to fires across the state thanks to that darn lightning this weekend -_- Bay Area right now has some pretty close ones, both in the hills in the east AND around the Santa Cruz mountain range. But that's just speaking locally, there are TONS across the state right now...

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hope that guy wasn't driving though the fire on purpose just to get the shot. last thing we need is firefighters putting their lives in danger to save somebody that is purposely going into a fire to get a shot.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
California is not sustainable with our new climate change normal. Extreme drought, extreme heat, fires. I'm gonna move out to the PNW and live out the rest of my years somewhere that isn't a literal hell on earth.

Yeah I expect coastal California to lose it's Mediterranean climate in the near future, the regions further away from the equator will be much more habitable

Oct 30, 2017
Most of these fires are actually in the northern part of the state, I believe. The crazy thing is that these fires are actually being started by lightning strikes. So, imagine that apocalyptic looking landscape, then throw in lightning on top of that.

Down here in Southern California though, we aren't getting any of that. Just unbearable heat and rolling blackouts.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Most of these fires are actually in the northern part of the state, I believe. The crazy thing is that these fires are actually being started by lightning strikes. So, imagine that apocalyptic looking landscape, then throw in lightning on top of that.

Down here in Southern California though, we aren't getting any of that. Just unbearable heat and rolling blackouts.

Nah there's a big one up by the grapevine

Jul 26, 2018
Yea I live in SoCal too and I haven't heard any news about the fires until dinner last night. I didn't know it was this bad up North... wow.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Good luck my old homeland. Sometimes I wish I had stayed, but having one house burn down was enough. Feel for you guys out there

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
We're not in the path but nearby to a few fires (mainly the LNU Complex fire). The smell of smoke is in the house now, and everything has been rained in ash over the last few days.

NoneLikeAlex

Oct 27, 2017
This is literally every year in California.

I moved to Portland, Oregon almost 10 years ago just to get away from the constant California wildfires.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Yeah reminds me of dashcam footage from those escaping the Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa & Camp Fire in Paradise. Shit is always harrowing.

I posted this in the (current) CA Fires thread, but it's never not relevant.

As a California resident:

EB0-B2-F9-D-E511-4-A48-9254-FC86-DC1-C34-F8.jpg

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I live in Fresno. The fires are in the mountains miles away but the sky in the Central Valley is completely blocked out by smoke, the sun is red, and it's raining ash.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Fires, fire tornadoes, heatwave, rolling blackouts, droughts, and COVID.

I seriously don't know how we're still around.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Damn. My friend just told me about the crazy wildfires out there. It's like every year now. What is going on out there in California?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a joke to my wife a year or so ago that we might have to move to the midwest. It seems more real all the time. California is only going to get worse as climate change becomes more damaging.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm didn't even know this was going on and I live in California maybe cause I'm in quarantine. But even then I don't really watch the news so the world would have to blow up for me to know.