• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

A group of high-school students in Southern California gave a Nazi salute and sang a Nazi song during an awards ceremony last year, according to video reivewed by The Daily Beast.

The video shows about 10 members of the boys' water polo team at Pacifica High School in Garden Grove, California, throwing the salute once used to greet Adolf Hitler while singing a Nazi marching song played for German troops during World War II. It's the second such incident in the region in the year.

The video was uploaded to Instagram by one of the athletes, who also posted lyrics to the song in his Instagram bio. After the video expired, the athlete removed the reference. He did not respond to requests for comment.

A spokesperson for the Garden Grove Unified School district where Pacifica High School resides said the school administrators first became aware of the incident and video four months later in March, but did not say if they disciplined anyone.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
Just a joke!

Expel them all.
It happened last year, many of the students in the video are probably out of high school now.

The article raised a good point about the song -- it's not the Deutschlandlied or something taught in schools when learning about Nazi Germany, someone would have had to research it and then teach it to his classmates. Fucked up.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
TpamFYg.gif

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If I saw, or even heard about, anyone in my high school pulling this shit, I would have immediately swung at them.

Admittedly I grew up in Boca Raton so that wouldn't have happened, but still.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First fuck Nazis.

Second

They have water Polo teams?

Hell, I thought I was going to have to sell plasma in High School to get a baseball uniform and they have water polo teams.
my son is going to kindergarten this week and i got a huge list of supplies i have to buy for the entire class.

i live in a very good school district too.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What high school kid knows the lyrics to Nazi songs?

I mean, I can imagine the reasons but somehow I still get surprised by some of these stories.

my son is going to kindergarten this week and i got a huge list of supplies i have to buy for the entire class.

i live in a very good school district too.

That's what I was expecting but my son just started kindergarten too and we were told all his supplies were covered, we just needed to bring a backpack and headphones.

It's a good public school district too. I have no idea how they determine these things.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Not even reading yet I'm guessing Orange County.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
itz jost joxe

if you are the type of person who thinks ironically saluting hitler or saying things like "death to jews" is funny,

stop

look at yourself

Zenner

Nov 20, 2017
Please be Orange County, Florida... Please be Orange County, Florida... Please be Orange County, Florida...

(sees Garden Grove)

Well fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
TIL Nazis actually had their own songs with lyrics. I thought all they had was Richard Wagman's Ride of the Valkyrie and Prussian anthem.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
A spokesperson for the Garden Grove Unified School district where Pacifica High School resides said the school administrators first became aware of the incident and video four months later in March, but did not say if they disciplined anyone.

This was done at a high school awards ceremony. I find it unlikely that school administrators only found out four months later.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove is like 80 percent Asian. I'm more surprised to know they have white students there.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
What average person knows ANY Nazi songs?

There was that one on South Park that Cartman marches around singing.

Seems more like edgy teenage behaviour than a demonstration of sincere support for an evil regime. I'd be more worried if they were wearing MAGA hats, honestly - then I'd know they supported a hateful political ideology. But I agree that someone should have stepped in, because intimidating other students isn't cool.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it's not edgy enough to sing "California Uber Alles" anymore, so they go back to the original.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
As I read through this thread the lyrics "We're in a bad country" repeated about 5x in the song I'm listening to.

Yup.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
First fuck Nazis.

Second

They have water Polo teams?

Hell, I thought I was going to have to sell plasma in High School to get a baseball uniform and they have water polo teams.

It's pretty common for California. My high school just outside of San Francisco had one.

Also the fucking school district better do something about this. Fucking ridiculous.